Gold Championship 14 (News, Gossip, Match Report, Etc) Thread

Guest Toggs

Re: Gold Championship 14 (News, Gossip, Match Report, Etc) Thread

Just a word from Elfsborg that we are desprate for a 87+ LM on loan. Also looking to spend remainder of budget (5M) on a player. Conatct me if you have a Midfielder 86+ that could go for that price or a bit more :)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 14 (News, Gossip, Match Report, Etc) Thread Aston Villa 1 - 3 Stevenage Borough Shock result of the night saw Stevenage Borough topple Aston Villa away by 3 goals to 1

Re: Gold Championship 14 (News, Gossip, Match Report, Etc) Thread Flamengo gave a second masterclass in 3 days, with this dominating victory over America. It was again Lukas Podolski who ran the

l_100.gif

49.gif

Last minute equalizer saves United

49.gifManchester United 3 - 3 Middlesbrough50.gif

Winston's first game in charge of his new look Man Utd ended in a lucky draw against Borough at Old Trafford last night.

Goals from Tuncay(2) and Downing for Borough nearly gave them the win but Borough old boy Yakubu Ayegbani scored a brace on his United debut and Antonio Di Natale scored the last minute equalizer on his debut which capped off his Man of the match performance.

Disappointingly Nemanja Vidic was sent off so will miss the next 3 games.

ROCHDALE 2 - 1 P'BORO

The Rochdale manager was elated after his barmy army beat peterborough united 2 - 1 away from home. Tommy Mooney scored on his debut to give Rochdale the lead after 54 minutes, then peterborough, equalized through Tom Williams in the 65th minute, but Peterborough could only hold on 1 minute until Ben Muirhead got the winner for rochdale in the 66th minute to seal the match. The man of the match was Tommy Mooney, he could not have had a better debut, a goal and man of the match.

wycombe.jpgScored on his debut for 1-0

_42153514_benmuirhead_pa203.jpgMade it 2-1

Guest msissio

Marseille are asking if anyone is in need of a cash boost because they are looking for a 90+ RB/LB or Forward but can only pay cash only. Reply by PM please.

Don't name and shame like that!!

Its not naming and shaming as there is nothing wrong with doing it full stop. There is nothing in the rules about it and until there is which in my opinion probably wont ever be people can cancel as much deals as they want like it or not.

The Weekend's Big Game

I think in most people's mind the biggest game of the weekend went on at Sixfields where Northampton Town kept the mighty Bradford City to a 2-2 draw. Some fans after the game were heard saying "That is the best game of football I've ever seen, well worth the entrance fee.

Bradford City manager Benno commented "I think the draw was a fair result, I've been incharge at the club now for just under a week and see we have a lot of work to do if we want to challange for promotion this season. We are heading in the right directions though".

Hate it when managers cancel!!!!!! Danny williams cancelled a deal on me (Tottenham manager)

Oh sorry, i canceled a deal :confused:

you know you can actually cancel deals on the game its not against the rules..

Maybe if i respected you more i'd be a bit more concerned about what you said about it after, but at the end of the day I dont ;)

I got offered a better deal for Gilberto from a manager I had already been negotiating with way before you.

So instead of blurring it out like i'm somehow a cheat, why don't you keep it to yourself and get on with the game and your life ;)

rangers_football_club.jpg

Celtic 1 - 3 Glasgow Rangers !

Johnson claims first old firm derby victory !

0000758e10dr.jpg

Rangers fans celebrate fanatically

After thumping Dundee United at the Ibrox on the opening day of the season 7-1 , Rangers manager Adam Johnson was confident that his players could deliver that vital victory against their arch rivals Celtic. New signing Palacio went straight into the starting line up replacing Cousin.

Rangers did deserve this win, have over 60% possession and 15 shots at goal. It wasnt a typically heated Old Firm Derby but 5 yellow cards were dished out. Lee Naylor was the first man in the book after pulling on Ledesmas shirt.

The game started quickly as Boruc had to be at his finest in the 2nd minute to prevent a goal. The opening goal came in the 39th minute from fans favorite Kris Boyd who is living up to Johnsons demands of a Tallysman. Probably one of the easiest goals he has scored as he taps it in from 1 yard.

Johnson's team talk was encouraging but warned the players that they should not become complacent. It worked as center back Cuellar rounds the keeper and finishes from an acute angle.

Some chances went for either team but Celtic drew the next blood, Sobis volleying a goal home. The comeback they hoped for was crushed a mere minute later as Kevin Thompson rolled one into the back of the net !

Rangers fans were jubilant as this is a vital win for there league campaign. Fingers crossed Johnson can lead the Gers to a league title.

Guest Toggs

if_elfsborg.jpg

IF Elfsborg 4-0 Tampere United

Toggs Moves To Top !

Toggs first game in charge at home ended in a dominated game, seeing them run out 4-0 winners to Tampere United.

This is how both teams lined up for the match:

Elfsborg (4-2-2-2)

-------Kuszczak-------

--Pantos---Balbin---Edson---Toledo--

-------Patino----Ishizaki--------

--------Buijs------------A.Svensson--------

------M.Svensson---Gerk-------

Tampere United (4-4-2)

-------Kaven-------

---Alhao----Koffala----Sipilanen---Nwoke---

---Hjelm----Wiss----Ojanpera----Jariven---

---------Niemi--------Pjola----------

Kick-Off !

7: Somehow an easy tap-in from Toni JARVINEN goes wide

29: Tomasz KUSZCZAK spectacularly palms over a half-volley

44: GOAL!! - Mathias SVENSSON ran onto a through ball and thumped it into the top corner!

Half Time

61: An ambitious 30 yard drive from Antti POHJA shoots over the bar

67: GOAL!! - With a gaping goal from just yards out Mauro GERK thunders it into the net!

75: GOAL!! - Stefan ISHIZAKI dummies the keeper and slides the ball into the empty net!

77: RED CARD - Toni JARVINEN shouts verbal abuse to the ref as he kicks the ball away in disgust

80: GOAL!! - A brilliant long range shot is blocked by the keeper only for Danny BUIJS to finish! What a poachers goal!

Full Time

Toggs had the following to say on the match:

'I am delighted with the effort the lads showed today, me aswell as the fans. The attacking flair didnt show as much as the last match but im happy we scored as much goals and kept a clean sheet.

Toggs will undoubtably look to keep the form he's in as Toggs Elfsborg hold host to Lillestrom, the first team Toggs will V's that are managed this season. They have some big threat in their team and this will undoubtably be a close match to call. Toggs is expected to rest a couple of regular first-team players.

Score Prediction - Elfsborg 2-0 Lillestrom

feyenoordyn1.png

Memorable first win for Mattis

Tonight, Feyenoord picked up a vital three points against Holland&Belguim favourites Ajax. A full 51,000 turned up at the De Kuip to watch the Dutch gaints lock horns. Feyenoord dominated a comfortable 55% of the possession and had 15 out of 18 shots on target. But the first goal didnt come until the second half, Jonathan De Guzman thumping in a low drive from 20 yards out. But Ajax made it 1-1 on 69 minutes, a well placed header by Bakircioglu KENNEDY. But it was Feyenoord who got the last laugh through vetran striker Roy Makaay, a long ranged shot by the forward left the keeper rooted to the spot and gave Feyenoord the three points.

deguzmandn0.jpg

(De Guzman opened the scoring for Feyenoord)

makaayso7.jpg

(The vetran got Feyenoord's winner)

Guest msissio

Marseille win again. Holla atcha boy!

PS- Please if you have a CF/F between 85-92 or RB/LB between 89-93 I need to make a deal with you!

443.gif284.gif

Cruz Azul 2-1 San Lorenzo

Cruz Azul managed to pick up their first three points of the season tonight as they defeated San Lorenzo by 2 goals to 1 at a near-sellout Azul stadium. The central midfield pairing of Gerardo Torrado and Carlos Bonet proved to be the difference in the game as they both picked up a goal in each half, handing Deveney his opening win in Mexico.

It is fair to say that Cruz Azul probably deserved the three points in their first home tie of the season, as they dominated possession for most of the game and could well of notched a couple more goals in the 90 minutes. Despite the influence of Argentinian starlet Andres D'Alessandro in the Lorenzo midfield, the away side did look void of ideas at times and didn't possess the sort of cutting edge you would expect from a side possessing one of the former hot prospects of the world from the last few years.

The scoring began within the opening ten minutes of the game, as with seven minutes played Villaluz supplied a wonderful cross from the right hand side of midfield, and the chance was happily put away by Gerardo Torrado who timed his run into the box perfectly and nodded home. The first half passed by after this goal with a flurry of half-chances, only Lovenkrands missing what you could class as a real chance, putting a low strike just wide. After going in 1-0 up at half time, the Mexican home side once again started the stronger as they did in the first half, and after only 7 minutes of the second half, just like the first, Carlos Bonet collected a seemingly hopeful ball forward, took it down and lashed home a top strike which left Orion well beaten. San Lorenzo managed to pull a goal back in the 82nd minute when Rivero cushioned a header home, but Lorenzo couldn't capitalise and grab the equaliser, and were left with nothing.

6338.jpg1577.jpg

Torrado and Bonet proved to be the difference

Key Battle

The key battle that everyone anticipated in this fixture was between Cruz Azul's central midfield pairing of Bonet and Torrado, and Lorenzo's talisman D'Alessandro. The Azul men came out on top over the whole 90 minutes, managing to slifle the Argentine midfielder's clear natural ability and eye for a killer pass, and while doing this they also managed to get the two goals to win the game. the defensive work in the middle of the Azul midfield made the difference, because with D'Alessandro, the away side did not look as much of a threat whatsoever.

673_hp.jpg

D'Alessandro was dealt with well by an efficient Cruz Azul midfield

Game Conclusion

In the end, Cruz Azul were much more efficient at keeping the ball when they managed to win it, and with strikers Franco, who produced a man of the match performance, and Lovenkrands both proving to be a real thorn in the side of the San Lorenzo defence, Azul were good value for the three points. They showed how important it is to keep the ball under pressure, and it allowed them to hurt Lorenzo much more than could be said of the Argentinians.

Cruz Azul manager Luke Deveney spoke to the media after the victory:

Great result for us in our first home game, very happy with the overall performance, we looked very strong particularly in the midfield, stifling the oppositin threat. ur front line is causing problems aswell so its looking promising, but we know that River Plate will be a very tough challenge so the boys will be very prepared for the fixture on Saturday.

444.gif295.gif

Guadalajara 3:1 Fluminese; Following on from their opening day win away at Lanus, the capacity crowd tonight at the Jalisco saw the Mexicans snatch their second consecutive win. The home side again killed off their opponents early on as a Morales brace(11' 28') and a goal from Araujo(21') in between put them up by three at the break. A second half strike from Gouffran turned out to be of no use.

RamonMorales370x270.jpg

Man of the match Ramon Morales scored his second and third of the campaign.

Guadalajara along with title challengers River Plate have maximum points, but both are edged off top by America and leaders Santos. Philp knows it is important that his side don't get carried away despite such an excellent start, and they must focus.

NEXT MATCH

376.gif

[H]Penarol

392.gifBorussia Dortmund 2-0 Hertha BSC Berlin404.gif

Scorers

Alexander FREI (Borussia Dortmund), 27 mins

Jakob BLASZCZYKOWSKI (Borussia Dortmund), 85 mins

Borussia Dortmund made it two wins out of two games in the new season as they overcame a stubborn Hertha Berlin side 2-0 at the Westfalenstadion, Switzerland striker Alexander FREI scored the first goal on the 27th minute as he bundled the ball into the net, the second goal didn't come until the 85th minute as Jakob BLASZCZYKOWSKI wrapped up the game for Borussia Dortmund.

Standard De Liege go shopping

Liege (AP) - Standard de Liege manager Garrett Lyons put his faith in the MLS and J-League to help build his squad's depth in order to compete at a level with Holland & Belgium league favorites Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord.

"Most people consider the MLS to be a weaker league. It may not be the Eredivisie, but there are some talented players over there who can make an impact here," Lyons said.

The key addition for Liege is 23 year old American left-back Jonathan Bornstein. The 85 rated back already made an impact with two starts for the side.

The other new starting defender for Liege is 39 year old Italian right-back David Balleri. Balleri provides instant starting capacity and a voice of experience to the team.

Other defenisve additions include veteran American defender Jimmy Conrad and Mexican centre-back Duilio Davino.

"Conrad can play anywhere on the back line and Davino gives us a steady head who can push the performance of Sarr and Onyewu," Lyons said.

Lyons said he was happy with the starting talent in his midfield, but was concerned for a lack of depth come cup matches. As such, he added veteran American Ben Olson and rising American star Ricardo Clark.

The key new midfielder for Standard is Brazilian Juninho Paulista, who comes to the team from Sydney FC in the Australian A-League. Japanese left midfielder Yukihiro Yamase rounds out the midfield additions.

"We're absolutely thrilled we could get players like Olson and Juninho. These players have massive experience and can help us in tough cup games," Lyons said.

The forward line got a complete makeover with 2 new back-up forwards. Argentine Guillermo Barros Schelotto arrives from Columbus Crew and his countryman Hector Bracamonte arrives from a spell in Russia at FK Moskva.

When asked why he spent so heavily in the MLS and other lesser leagues, Lyons answered. "Soccer is a universal game. Just because a player isn't playing for a team like Chelsea or Barcelona doesn't mean they don't have potential. Besides, Standard is not a rich club. I had the priority to build depth on my side and by getting some undervalued players I was able to do that."

So far Bornstein and Balleri have both featured for Standard which has earned four points from its first two games, including a hard-fought draw at SC Heerenveen and a nail-biting win at home against Club Brugge.

"I think we can compete for a spot in the SMFA Champion's League next season. We have the players capable of playing with any side in the Holland & Belgium league. With a little bit of footballing luck everything should fall together nicely," Lyons said.

Zaragoza off to a flyer

Real Zaragoza are top of the Spanish league by two points after two great 3-1 victory's against Real Murcia and Mallorca New signing Ludovic Giuly Scored Two on his Debut on wednesday he is now full of confidence and had this to say " i feel i can guide Zaragoza to Champions league with my experiance i feel we have the quality and confidence to be a success. " Zaragoza Manager Jacko!! Andrewz!!! also had this to say,"The last two performances have been exquisite and i feel the players have worked well in these performances if we carry on playing like this i think we will have a great chance of getting europe.I feel Ludovic can lead the side to success."

giulycx4.png

Slavia Praha Manager wins 2 in a row

533.gif

Slavia Parha manager Nick Justice said "We couldnt have got off to a better start than this one we have to maintain this winning and hopfully end this year as league champions we have tough challanges against clubs like are Rivals Sparta Prague,FC Basel and Sv Salsburg and many more but i think we have alot of Young talent already at this team but i would like to improve on my squad and i have made some bids for many players but we still have money and we would like to sign more players."

Guest msissio

Marseille transfer chief cracks the Matrix

93598400qz9.jpg

Shocking news out of France as it appears that Keanu Reeves has cracked the SM matrix when he attempted to make a bid for Lyon player.

"I was like 'Whoa' man..." said a really laid back Reeves at the press conference.

Owner/Coach Michael Sissio voiced his thoughts too:

"What Neo- er... Mr. Reeves did was a small mistake and hopefully will not be repeated. But you critics must keep in mind that he defeated many other Agent Smiths in the race to sign Amelia and he negotiated a pretty sweet deal with Lyon's Morpheus to get Juninho."

"Keanu will remain an integral part of this team. ZIIIOOONNNN!!!" the clearly disturbed Sissio was led away by doctors dressed up in suits and wearing sunglasses. They all looked strangely the same.

"There's nothing to see here." said one as the rest of the pack pushed Mr. Sissio down the hallway.

agent_smiths.jpg

What are they hiding?

neo1.jpg

Transfer genius?...................

billandted460.jpg

Or wild party animal?

Guest Toggs

if_elfsborg.jpg

Elfsborg Weekly

Edition #2#

Edition two is finally here !! Second one of these, just a week at Elfsborg really. Hopefully one of these will be coming out every Friday, so start looking forward it.

In this weeks Edition:

• Week In Words
  • The Weeks New Faces
  • Season Stats
  • Talk With Chairman
  • What Lies Ahead ?

Week In Words

Busy start of the season for Elfsborg.

The week started with Friday nights humiliation against Gazza's Osasuna. It was a tough game for the original Elfsborg side and the effort was... simply awful. Daniellson scored one for Elfsborg but courtersy of Kalou (2) Salazar, Plasar and Vela, it was certain that Elfsborg would be on a downer going inot their season.

Toggs admitted the first game was a one he despratly wanted to win. They were against a fairly strong Djurgardens. Nw signings starting that night included Kuzskack, Pantos, Toledo, Buijs, Edson and Gerk. The night, thanks to star striker Mauro Gerk, went their way. Gerk (3) and Buijs helped Elfsborg to a confortable 4-2 win against their oppoments which despite Elfsborg being away with home, leaving Toggs with some thinking on why the team conceded 2.

The tactics were tweaked for the first home game of the season. Ticket prices were reduced for the Elfsborg fans but they would of surely been willing to pay for what they saw. the second time Elfsorg put 4 past a team, this time without conceding. Svensson, Gerk, Ishizaki and Buijs on the scoresheet, MoM going to Svensson.

Prior and after that game, Toggs had yet again been on the market, and had managed to secure another 3 players. Big built striker Cedric Bordon joined from Japanese Side Bnei Yehuda. Andrei Balbin joined for a fee that saw RB Moeback leave the club and Pablo Portugal join from Barcelona SC for 20,000.

boras1.jpg

All the players were celbrating after there great start to the season

The Weeks New Faces

Many new faces have joined Elfsborg this week, they include:

Danny BUIJS

Jairo PATINO

Henrique EDSON

Mauro GERK

Delio TOLEDO

Cedric BARDON

Adan BALBIN

Pablo PORTUGAL

Star Player Profile (Mauro Gerk)

MauroGerk.jpg[/img]

Season Stats

.League.

Couldnt of gone much better in the league. Played 2, won 2. Scored 8 and conceded only 2. Players making a good impact in team and indications that tacitcs are good. Sit joint top of the table with Esbjerg.

LeagueAfter2games.jpg[/img]

.Cup/Shield.

Neither the Cup or Shield have started. Elfsborg have escaped a first round tie in the Cup but face Tampere United in the first round of the Shield. More news on the Shield match as it comes.

TheShield.jpg[/img]

.Champs Cup.

Also, this compertition hasnt started, but Toggs will try and progress in this setup. He thinks it will give the players a morale boost playing big teams such as Milan and Boca, yet it is hard seeing them getting anywhere in their group.

ChampsCup.jpg[/img]

Talk With Chairman

Not espacially a talk with the chairman this week. But the exclusive weekly statement released by him

:)

Mr Chairman - 'I am very happy with the progress that Elfsborg are making under new maanger Toggs Thomas. I am also extremely happy with the signings made and have backed the manager with my funds to do so.'

What Lies Ahead

Toggs looks to secure the league and at least secure another Cup on top of that. The chances of Elfsborg doing that at the local bookies SwedenBet are 13/1. The chances of the doing the Quadrupble are 2000/1. Reportably nobody has yet to bet on that.

Toggs hopes his team can win the league and secure their place in the Champs Cup next year, giving him the money to expand on his small squad.