Ignasi Miquel Pons- Another Spanish Gem

I have searched and to my surprise i didn't find any threads on him. Sorry if he has been mentioned before but as everybody knows...the search tool isnt very reliable.

:P

He is a 15 year old "wonderkid" who had joined the Barcelona youth academy when he was 11:eek: . He is said to be on his way to Arsenal in October, when he turns 16. He is a gifted centre back who is also a Spanish Under 16 international.

We have already seen Fran Merida and Cesc Fabregas leaving to Arsenal and they have already earned a reputation for themselves. I'm sure that Barca are going to regret it if Arsenal do end up signing him.

The Arsenal scouts rate him very highly and so does the coach of the under 16s. Could develop into a future star. From what i've heard...he seems to be a quality player.

Another one to keep a very close eye on.:DNOT ON DB

Re: Ignasi Miquel Pons- Another Spanish Gem

Sure find shev's(hope u don't mind me calling u that :P) mate (As usual :D).

Is he on the DB ?????

P.S. This time i can rep ya :D

No problem mate. I dont mind at all. Sry bout not mentioning whether hes on the DB or not:o left tht bit out. No hes not on the DB:( . Ill edit the first post as well. But he could be on it if arsenal snatch him up and loan him to another team. Like fran merida. Or maybe he will impress in the reserves and break into the first team:rolleyes: .LOL. Ill tell u guys when he is on the DB.:D

No problem mate. I dont mind at all. Sry bout not mentioning whether hes on the DB or not:o left tht bit out. No hes not on the DB:( . Ill edit the first post as well. But he could be on it if arsenal snatch him up and loan him to another team. Like fran merida. Or maybe he will impress in the reserves and break into the first team:rolleyes: .LOL. Ill tell u guys when he is on the DB.:D

Thats all arsenal ever do :P

Snaych players from other clubs and then people say they have a good youth system.

But i ain't saying manu don't do it either lol :P

As a matter o facto all english clubs do that lol :P

But getting back to the point.....he looks like a great prospect. Will keep an eye out for him. If he does come on the DB then do let me know, coz the guys(and girl :P) in my barca league are like hawks. They grab every kid they see(even if he usless lol :P). I'm like a day late and he's gone :mad::D

Thats all arsenal ever do :P

Snaych players from other clubs and then people say they have a good youth system.

But i ain't saying manu don't do it either lol :P

As a matter o facto all english clubs do that lol :P

But getting back to the point.....he looks like a great prospect. Will keep an eye out for him. If he does come on the DB then do let me know' date=' coz the guys(and girl :P) in my barca league are like hawks. They grab every kid they see(even if he usless lol :P). I'm like a day late and he's gone :mad::D[/quote']

LOL. Will do mate. Well arsenal are worse than us. We only got PIque:) They get every1 and then they say "Arsenal groom the best youngsters".LOL.

• 3 months later...
Guest Atkin

Arsenal have beaten Barcelona, Manchester United and Valencia to the signature of centre-half Ignasi Miquel, 15, from Catalan club Cornella. He will join up when he turns 16 in September.

:)