Refereeing standards gone down since they became professional?

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Re: Refereeing standards gone down since they became professional?

Scooty :o lol OK well thanks for taking the time out. I do realise that i have contradicted myself but I think before you did sort of slate Jamie Redknapp who does get on my nerves may I just add. However Andy Gray is not the messiah as much as I love him and think he's the best, I just feel he has this wrong. Meh, I never really expected you to believe me, like I said why should you. It's just so frustrating that so many people have got this wrong. And people like yourself ARE being mis led about what happened. It's annoying but I guess I'll have to deal with it though I will keep repeating what I saw to any one who is too stubborn to admit Mascherano "did no wrong" :D Not sure how we got back on to this. We should have opened a thread a bit ago lol, bit late now. I would be very interested to see if Sky get back to you. They seriously said they'd get the Ref to make a statement just for you!! :eek: Thats quality I might start emailing them. I'd like Mascherano to make a statement swearing on his Mums life thats all he said. Then lets see if he comes out and protests his innocence. Cheeky Argentine. :rolleyes: Thanks again for getting my stress level up on here Nell, but remember I'm still raw to this and have plenty more to say. Maybe we will share the same opinion for once! Nah lol PM me if you get a statement from the Ref

Guest Sooty's Football Brain

Re: Refereeing standards gone down since they became professional?

Well it was nice to hear today about Mascherano accepting what he did was wrong and he will take his punishment and accept it. I read his statement this morning and again it really changed my opinion og him. At first glance I like him as a player and I thought he was exceptionally important to LFC. But then I saw first hand that ridiculous incident at OT and my view of him went down dramatically, especially afterwards when he claimed he had only said "whats happening" I think its a credit to Bennett that he stuck to the rules and sent him off and now it has been proved. But to Mascherano I say well done because it takes a big man to admit what he did was wrong and to say this morning, he shouldnt have run all that way over and "whats happening" was not all he said was like music to my ears. I have felt ignored (Neller :P ) but am just mighty relieved he has revealed the truth. I knew I wasnt seeing and hearing things. So congrats Mascherano, I feel you could have kept the whole sharade going and you would have still had a lot of support but to do the right thing was the right thing. He is now taking what he deserves on the chin and it's the right way to go about it. And it has certainly not effected his performances as we saw on Wednesday night. Sorry Neller but I had to write this. you put orward a great argument. I nearly didnt believe myself lol