Profound and Touching Quotes Thread

sheva20

Re: Profound and Touching Quotes Thread

Gordon Strachan' date=' when managing Celtic, was stopped by a reporter in the tunnel just before the start of a match.

Reporter: "Gordon, can I have a quick word please?"

GS: "Velocity."

And off he went.[/quote']

That was terrific, he's always been good value in interviews.

There's another one I remember from his Southampton days when he was asked about Agustin Delgado, and said something about a yoghurt in his fridge nearing expiry date being a bigger priority for him.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.

Phil Woosnam

:eek:

"How to achieve the moral breakdown of the enemy before the war has started -- that is the problem that interests me. Whoever has experienced war at the front will want to refrain from all avoidable bloodshed."

- Adolf Hitler (from Hitler Speaks)

Roy Keane to Mick McCarthy

“You were a **** player, you are a **** manager. The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are manager of my country and you’re not even Irish, you English ****. You can stick it up your ********.”

Keane’s alleged tirade got him sent home from the 2002 World Cup. Not that he seemed to care, preferring instead to walk his dogs at home.

“Hard times build determination and inner strength. Through them we can also come to appreciate the uselessness of anger. Instead of getting angry nurture a deep caring and respect for troublemakers because by creating such trying circumstances they provide us with invaluable opportunities to practice tolerance and patience.”

- Dalai Lama XIV

You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She loved before she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She's not perfect - you aren't either, and the two of you may never be perfect together but if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can. She may not be thinking about you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break - her heart. So don't hurt her, don't change her, don't analyze and don't expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she's not there.”

― Bob Marley

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”

― Haruki Murakami

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

“When I was a child, ladies and gentlemen, I was a dreamer. I read comic books and I was the hero of the comic book. I saw movies and I was the hero in the movie. So every dream I ever dreamed has come true a hundred times...I learned very early in life that: ‘Without a song, the day would never end; without a song, a man ain’t got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend - without a song.' So I keep singing a song. Goodnight. Thank you.”

Elvis Presley-From his acceptance speech for the 1970 Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation Award. Given at a ceremony on January 16, 1971

The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.

George Graham

The rules of soccer are very simple' date=' basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does.

Phil Woosnam

:eek:[/quote']

huh beating players?

Archived