Profound and Touching Quotes Thread

sheva20

Re: Profound and Touching Quotes Thread

Tbh you guys ARE west INDIAN. :)

:D

In England I am not English, in India I am not Indian. I am chained to the 1,000 square miles that is Trinidad; but I will evade that fate yet.

V. S. Naipaul

One isn't born one's self. One is born with a mass of expectations, a mass of other people's ideas - and you have to work through it all.

V. S. Naipaul

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are pretty crazy by nature. I'd consider it outrageous if they didn't make mistakes :)

Safir

Yes' date=' I'll owe an explanation there which I intend to fulfill :), I need some time

“Call me not wise unless you call all men wise. A young fruit am I, still clinging to the branch and it was only yesterday that I was a blossom. And call none among you foolish for we are neither wise nor foolish. We are green leaves upon the tree of life and surely life itself if beyond wisdom and surely beyond foolishness.”

― Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Oh we're all foolish, some (myself) more so than others (you) :)

How should I start explaining this? :)

Over at the Random thread-and

“People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Over at the Random thread-and

“People have forgotten this truth' date='" the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”

― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince[/quote']

no i do remember my thought process at the time but what was it that i should explain please? :D

what are some questions people might want to ask to question/challenge the statement made? :)

Archived