Ben's New setup - Ideas anyone...

BenReado

Someone has very kindly bought me a setup, and I'd like to make it another forum setup. Hopefully it will be even more successful than David n Goliath.

Basically not really sure what kinda setup will get the most interest, I'm open to all ideas, Big or Small teams.

Please let me know if you have an idea and if you'd like to join. Would ideally like a mixture of high profile forumers and a few different names would also be nice.

Re: Ben's New setup - Ideas anyone...

heres an example of 1 league....

barcelona (spanish)

man.utd (english

porto (portugese)

inter (italian)

zenit (russian)

l.a galaxy (american)

olympiakos (greek)

bayern (german)

lyon (french)

celtic (scottish)

and u could have 2 other leagues with teams that are in the same region as the teams above

Well mate, since your D&G is extremely successful, why not have a pop at an international setup - like Sam mentioned.

However, you assign the teams and Nations....

Example.....

BenReado has been drawn with Liverpool, and his nation is Argentina, therefore he must try his best to turn his team into an all Argentinian team....

And see which Nation is the best in the world!

1 Division I would say with 10-20 teams.....

International teams tend to be successful with small amount of teams as there are only a small amount of 'top' nations out there ;)

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Guest msissio

RAAH BlargleFlaben!

Translation:

It would give me the utmost feeling of joy if I was to be invited into your prestigious yet uncreated setup.

First of all Everyone who's asked, can join, and it's looking like an international would be the favorite atm, although I'm still happy to listen to ideas.

If i decide to go along with International I may also be adding a few twists to make it the best international setup around.

With most International setups people get board with trying to get all the players to there teams, so i will need people to have some commitment and stick with it for more than 2 weeks.

The other thing i was thinking was having an international league but with some smaller nations, because often teams like Argentina take seasons upon seasons to prepare

well...

i too think an INTERNATIONAL setup would be a AWESOME IDEA....

It will be just PERFECT!!!!!!!!

But plz get only REGULAR , RESPECTED MEMBERS... plzzzzzzzz those u don't cheat and those who r ACTIVE plz..

i think i maybe in the above mentioned category so if at all u decide to make this setup i would love to join it..

and if it's a international setup i got a idea to spice things up a lit bit..

2 TEAMS should get 1 country

like BARCA and REAL = Spain

CHELSEA + MAN UTD = ENGLAND

AC MILAN + INTER = ITALY

ETC!!!!!!!!

or another idea

2 divisions

DIVISION 1

MAN UTD

barca

REAL madrid

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsneal

INTER

AC MILAN

Bayern

Porto/Lyon

and the RIVALS should team up

Man utd - liverpool

barca - Real

Chelsea - Arsneal

AC milna - inter

bayern - porto RIVALS??? :eek: :eek:

think over it..

cheers

hope this helped

First of all Everyone who's asked' date=' can join, and it's looking like an international would be the favorite atm, although I'm still happy to listen to ideas.

If i decide to go along with International I may also be adding a few twists to make it the best international setup around.

With most International setups people get board with trying to get all the players to there teams, so i will need people to have some commitment and stick with it for more than 2 weeks.

The other thing i was thinking was having an international league but with some smaller nations, because often teams like Argentina take seasons upon seasons to prepare[/quote']

That sounds good and an International one would be great, never been in one :rolleyes:

Hope this become's a great league

LOve to join as well and Ben I agree with u on the point that why not try some new national teams instead of the same old biggies i.e Brazil, Spain, England:eek: ,France etc.

U could have 2 divisions with teams that are not the best teams but up there with best-

Portugal

Russia

Mexico

Croatia

Ukraine

Scotland

Greece

And so on.. With this u don't play with the same old teams but the national teams are still good enough to please most of the forumers

An international setup sounds good. As someone has mentioned before; 2 teams representing the same country and u can pair them up and they can loan and stuff because they have the same nationality players and so on.. Would love to join if possible Ben.

Cheers.:)

What about single nation squads but with a slight twist(ie like a cricket squad,maybe allow max of 2 "overseas" players per team..if you decided to replace one you must sell them first before getiing a new guy in..once season starts anyone found exceeding their "overseas" quota at any point gets a point deduction.

Just an idea...;)

ps..would love to join Ben..so much so that I'd be willing to take out a Gold membership to do so :D (I currently have a rep of 61 and am maxed out at 2 clubs),but i'm sure this would be a good set-up(creep creep :o )

how about combining the ideas, like Niks started.

Making a National Team setup with 2 teams partnering?

Like Barca and Real as a team, but both may just have spanish players

Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/Man Utd (any 2 of them), being English

Bayern and Bremen/Schalke/Stuttgart, being Germany

Lyon and Marseille, as France

Inter and Milan, as Italy

etc.

of course u could then also do

Good Team from country X + another good team from country X, representing a nation which doesn't have decent clubs.

BTW, i'd like to join that :D

P.S. could you update the Davin N Goliath Tables? :P

What about single nation squads but with a slight twist(ie like a cricket squad' date='maybe allow max of 2 "overseas" players per team[/quote']

That isn't exactly true m8, in cricket you are only allowed to play 2 overseas players per game but you can have as many as you like in your squad, although no one does it because one of them would be wasted each game. ;)

What you could say is you are allowed to cap 30 overseas players per season which means that you could have 10 overseas players in your squad but you would only be able to give them 30 caps between them, i think that could work well as managers could then have a few overseas players to choose from, which would mean they would have variation instead of just having two players. :)

That isn't exactly true m8' date=' in cricket you are only allowed to play 2 overseas players per game but you can have as many as you like in your squad, although no one does it because one of them would be wasted each game. ;)

What you could say is you are allowed to cap 30 overseas players per season which means that you could have 10 overseas players in your squad but you would only be able to give them 30 caps between them, i think that could work well as managers could then have a few overseas players to choose from, which would mean they would have variation instead of just having two players. :)[/quote']

All good points..I just really want people to have to think seriously about the pros and cons of adding someone to their squad rather than the teams with the biggest turn-over simply hoovering up the best talent.

Maybe have a cap of 30 overseas players per squad but only be allowed to play 2 at a time(variety could happen by changing things around between league and cup games).

All good points..I just really want people to have to think seriously about the pros and cons of adding someone to their squad rather than the teams with the biggest turn-over simply hovering up the best talent.

Maybe have a cap of 30 overseas players per squad but only be allowed to play 2 at a time(variety could happen by changing things around between league and cup games).

I think that is a good idea m8, but a cap of 30 is too big, maybe a cap of 10 overseas players per squad but only two are allowed to play in each game.

What do you think of that Ben?? :)