Heiko WESTERMANN

Hesse

I bought this player a while back when he was an 87, and he has risen over the last two ratings rises to a 90. Also he has become more versatile becoming a D rather than a LB/CB.

Now I know what his stats are with regards to appearances and goals are for this season, but does anybody know what the inside track is for this player for the future? I only ask because I suddenly have two managers interested in buying him from me, so should I hold onto him, and is he a riser for the future, and if so, to what and why?

Re: Heiko WESTERMANN

keep hold of him if his ratings gone up he must be doing good

Yes I take your point, but so far he has been good enough to go from 87 to 90; this dosen't mean he will go any higher.

I want to know if he is going to rise further, and if so why specifically.

Thanks for the advice anyway, but I knew that much already!;)

He played as centre-back in Germany's 4-0 win against Switzerland this week for the full match. I suggest you keep him as he could get games in the Euro's. Also the fact that he's a starter for Schalke who are in the Q/F's of the champions league. Can't go wrong really.

I see a further rise for him in the future for two reasons:

1. He's part of the German squad nominated for the EURO2008

2. Schalke are 99% to play internationally next season

He's definitely a good CB for the future on par with the likes of Mertesacker, Metzelder&co.

I'd say keep, no question about that.

I saw his games against FCPorto and he seemed to me the weak point of Schalke.. he played a LB and he is right footed, when he needed to use the left foot he was a disaster.. he was easily surpassed by the Porto players.. surprised me he gone to 90 like Rafinha.. because i think Rafinha is better..

I saw his games against FCPorto and he seemed to me the weak point of Schalke.. he played a LB and he is right footed' date=' when he needed to use the left foot he was a disaster.. he was easily surpassed by the Porto players.. surprised me he gone to 90 like Rafinha.. because i think Rafinha is better..[/quote']

He might've had a bad match then but he's been excellent for Schalke this season, and he's now playing for the national team too. I'm sure those who don't follow German football here might still have seen his display against Chelsea (in Germany) earlier this season where he was quite possibly the best player on the pitch.

As i said he played at LB and had problems in both games because he is right footed and seemed to me slow.. what i read is that he played for Germany as CB so we are comparing the same player in different positions and is normal the performances be different.. :|

Westermann, contrary to everything I've seen here, is NOT a starter

Schalke's backline is

Right - Rafinha

Centre - Bordon

Centre - Krstajic (who should be 90)

Left - Pander

Pander has simply been injured, as well as Krstajic for a while, which leads to Westermann getting starts and even sometimes Howedes.

Before guaranteeing a rise, I'd wait for Pander to come back.

As i said he played at LB and had problems in both games because he is right footed and seemed to me slow.. what i read is that he played for Germany as CB so we are comparing the same player in different positions and is normal the performances be different.. :|

You're right actually, he did play at centre back for Germany on Wednesday, but he's done very well at left back for Schalke in the Bundesliga, and in the Champions League against Chelsea. He must've had a bad day (or 2) against Porto.

Westermann' date=' contrary to everything I've seen here, is NOT a starter

Schalke's backline is

Right - Rafinha

Centre - Bordon

Centre - Krstajic (who should be 90)

Left - Pander

Pander has simply been injured, as well as Krstajic for a while, which leads to Westermann getting starts and even sometimes Howedes.

Before guaranteeing a rise, I'd wait for Pander to come back.[/quote']

I would have to go against that. I mean for the last for games Pander and Westermann have been starters. And for 2 of them so has Krstajic.