Andrei Arshavin

Delita

Andrei Arshavin  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest Toggs

Re: Arshavin a 93!!!

I dont think SM will increase Arsharvin's rating over a single Tournument. He has oviously done well at the EURO's but i think that could well be because the roles he allowed to have in Russia's side, being such a key player.

For Russia he plays either LM running towards LW alot or RM running towards RW. Its how he likes to play but i dont think that he will get that role with a move to Chelsea/Man Utd.

Also i think a big factor on his rating is the fact that he plays @ Zenit. As he is the teams best player he gets alot of the ball and is allowed to roam. And also with Russia.

Will he be able to play like he wants too with a move ?

For Russia he plays either LM running towards LW alot or RM running towards RW. Its how he likes to play but i dont think that he will get that role with a move to Chelsea/Man Utd.

I'm sure he plays on the right because from what I've seen doesn't Zhirkov play on the left? And he does a good job as well.

I'm sure he plays on the right because from what I've seen doesn't Zhirkov play on the left? And he does a good job as well.

From what i've seen in the past 2 games he plays where he likes. Seems like Hiddink has given him a free role.

Against Sweden he burst through the middle to score the 2nd goal.

Against Holland he crossed from the left for the Torbinskiys goal and then cropped up in the inside right position to score the 3rd.

From what i've seen in the past 2 games he plays where he likes. Seems like Hiddink has given him a free role.

Against Sweden he burst through the middle to score the 2nd goal.

Against Holland he crossed from the left for the Torbinskiys goal and then cropped up in the inside right position to score the 3rd.

True, I believe you are correct. And Hiddink is smart for giving him that role. Props to him. But it will be a much more difficult game in the semi's for Russia. Although I think that Hiddink is capable of pulling off a win. Cheers.

True' date=' I believe you are correct. [b']And Hiddink is smart for giving him that role.[/b] Props to him. But it will be a much more difficult game in the semi's for Russia. Although I think that Hiddink is capable of pulling off a win. Cheers.

I don't think it's a case of him being given that role i just think all of their attacking players have the freedom to do pretty much as they please.

If you watch the russians attacking movements closely you'll also find that pavlyuchenko too, runs about like a headless chicken and is on the left one minute the right the next.They all shuffle around and arsahvin the one with the most effect.Pavlyuchenko doesn't carry this out effectively as he is the spearhead fo the attack so when he goes roaming they have no clumsy giraffe in the middle to konck the ball in.It was when he correctly decided to try his hand at just staying in the centre of the park that they were most effective (Holland game).

I don't think United should go for arshavin because we would be overloaded with top quality players and Alex may be forced into accomodating for his best players rather than his best team-just as avram did for the CL final...and we all saw how that paid off:p . We do need a striker and also a replacement for the guy who has decided he is bigger than United themselves.I think anything above 25 million for arshavin is too much because we could snap up some younger talent with that money,i feel his age should be considered when totting up the price for him.Huntelaar for me is the player i sooo badly wish to see at old trafford because he is a different mould than Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov etc. He will give us some height and his poaching ability to revive the attacking prowess we desperately need to regain since Ruud's departure.

I don't think United should go for arshavin because we would be overloaded with top quality players and Alex may be forced into accomodating for his best players rather than his best team-just as avram did for the CL final...and we all saw how that paid off:p . We do need a striker and also a replacement for the guy who has decided he is bigger than United themselves.I think anything above 25 million for arshavin is too much because we could snap up some younger talent with that money,i feel his age should be considered when totting up the price for him.Huntelaar for me is the player i sooo badly wish to see at old trafford because he is a different mould than Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov etc. He will give us some height and his poaching ability to revive the attacking prowess we desperately need to regain since Ruud's departure.

Arshavin won't be going to United anyway...

He said himself he doesn't want a move to the Premier League, but that he wants to go to Spain and join his favourite club Barcelona.

I am sorry but how can arshavin be a 93! yes i agree he is good but he is not as prolific as other 93's such as Luis Fabiano. Also he's playing in Russia and zenit are struggling ... yeah i know they won the uefa cup but come on rangers arent exactly top class.He shouldnt be a 93. Maybe im being too critical but im just being honest.

i bet your eating your words now loL:P

I always felt he was a world class player before the Euro,s and he now clearly shows he deserves this rating maybe even higher!!!

OK lol i guess i am wrong... not everyone can be perfect although im pretty close to it lol jk. I never doubted he was a good player but i just doubted if he cud make it on a big stage he proved he could do that against holland who i must say have a weak defence but nonetheless he was excellent..i think spain will suit his style more as he is best in a 4-3-3 formation although being an arsenal fan i would mind if he came to north london

may i also add PEOPLE DONT HATE ON ME thats all

;)

Guest Braap

as if they really wanted him barca i heard so far arsenal are interested after interest from arsenal i think arshavin will find it hard to resist dont believe the tabloids too much things change real fast in football

Arshavin, would be a big asset to Arsenal or any team, but can you see Wenger paying that sort of money for a 27 year old :rolleyes:

I wish he does join Arsenal, but highly unlikely to be honest.:o

If Michael Ballack gets any sort of increase after the Euros then Arshavin deserves one too.

If Ballack gets a rise it won't be based solely on the Euros. They'll take into account that in the last 2-3 months of the season he was probably Chelseas best player.

For me, they both deserve rises although Arshavin may have to prove himself in a different league before SM give him a 94.

Lol, i love the way every Premier League manager said they refused to buy out of a major tournament and barely a month later the entire premier league is trying to get thier hands on an over-priced, over-rated, oldish Russian due to four games :rolleyes: .

Even when he won the UEFA cup no1 wanted him other than the likes of Bolton :D

But back to the title.....how on earth is he a 93 when Adebayour, second top scorer in the EPL last season with 38 goals in 78 appearances for his career (thats over a goal every other game) is 92. Ridicoulous.......:o

Lol' date=' i love the way every Premier League manager said they refused to buy out of a major tournament and barely a month later the entire premier league is trying to get thier hands on an over-priced, over-rated, oldish Russian due to four games :rolleyes: .

But back to the title.....how on earth is he a 93 when Adebayour, second top scorer in the EPL last season with 38 goals in 78 appearances for his career (thats over a goal every other game) is 92. Ridicoulous.......:o[/quote']

Arshavin is great so is Adebayor but Adebayor would be pushing it at 93 i think.

Lol' date=' i love the way every Premier League manager said they refused to buy out of a major tournament and barely a month later the entire premier league is trying to get thier hands on an over-priced, over-rated, oldish Russian due to four games :rolleyes: .

But back to the title.....how on earth is he a 93 when Adebayour, second top scorer in the EPL last season with 38 goals in 78 appearances for his career (thats over a goal every other game) is 92. Ridicoulous.......:o[/quote']

Lol seriously?

The reason no-one particularly knew about him was because he's been playing in a low profile league (although it won't be a low-profile league for long) and the EPL scouts probably don't go there. But after proving that he has the ability to play against some of the best players in the world, the managers now know his ability, and want to get him.

And how can you say Adebayor is better than Arshavin? Even most Arsenal fans would agree Arshavin is better. In the high profile leagues such as the EPL, La Liga and Serie A, stats don't mean everything, and performance means a lot more. And Adebayor has missed so many sitters this season it's unbelievable. There's no doubt he's a fantastic player, but 92 is fine for him, and as RBC said, 93 would be pushing it. Yes he does score goals, but he misses a lot more golden chances.

Lol seriously?

The reason no-one particularly knew about him was because he's been playing in a low profile league (although it won't be a low-profile league for long) and the EPL scouts probably don't go there. But after proving that he has the ability to play against some of the best players in the world' date=' the managers now know his ability, and want to get him.

And how can you say Adebayor is better than Arshavin? Even most Arsenal fans would agree Arshavin is better. In the high profile leagues such as the EPL, La Liga and Serie A, stats don't mean everything, and performance means a lot more. And Adebayor has missed so many sitters this season it's unbelievable. There's no doubt he's a fantastic player, but 92 is fine for him, and as RBC said, 93 would be pushing it. Yes he does score goals, but he misses a lot more golden chances.[/quote']

i dun like people critize any top forward of 'missing golden chance'

ARS is one of the best attckin team in premiership, they create many and many chances in some draw or lost game even they lost in PAST FEW SEASEON (not only this season).

if counted as this, Derby striker is the BEST in premiership coz they create lesser chances.

when henry is in ARS, he CERTAINLY SHOOT MORE than adebayor!! mean he miss more chances. i jus feel a striker witot goal might be a good striker (depand, etc like Ronney and kuyt are good), but a striker with goalssss certainly 100% is a good striker.

i dun like people critize any top forward of 'missing golden chance'

ARS is one of the best attckin team in premiership' date=' they create many and many chances in some draw or lost game even they lost in PAST FEW SEASEON (not only this season).

if counted as this, Derby striker is the BEST in premiership coz they create lesser chances.

when henry is in ARS, he CERTAINLY SHOOT MORE than adebayor!! mean he miss more chances. i jus feel a striker witot goal might be a good striker (depand, etc like Ronney and kuyt are good), but a striker with goalssss certainly 100% is a good striker.[/quote']

I had to read this through 4 times and I still don't understand it. Please speak properly.

Are you saying Adebayor's good because he doesn't shoot a lot? What I'm saying is he has been performing to the standard of a 92. He has missed too many good chances (note the words in bold) to be a 93, and he does not do enough off the ball.

Yes, he is a good striker. 92 is a good striker. But he is not good enough for a 93 IMO.

You cannot compare Arshavin and Adebayor because they have very, very different styles. I don't need to go into detail - it's quite obvious unless anyone's blind and can't see it :D :D

I think 93 is a bit kind on Arshavin, especially considering when he got his rating. However I think he deserves it, but has a long, long way to go to increase to 94. Adebayor, on the other hand, has just a few more months to go to increase if he keeps playing well.

Who is better? Can't compare. Arshavin is better at what he does, Adebayor is better at what he does. But yeah, I think it's fair to say that the ratings are fine for both, and I can see Adebayor increasing in the near(ish) future.

Not quite sure how a thread on Arshavin has turned into a discussion about Adebayor but just thought i'd say that Adebayors head has been completely turned by the money he could get at Barca or Milan. When the chips were down last season and Arsenal were struggling in games (around March/April) he went AWOL and didn't score for 7 games, a run which put Arsenal out of the title race. I'm not saying thats down to him, but suddenly he thinks he's one of the worlds best players.

He's won nothing at Arsenal, whereas Arshavin has been Russia's player of the year, he's won the league title with Zenit, won the UEFA cup and starred for Russia in Euro 2008. To even suggest that Adebayor is better than Arshavin right now is ridiculous.

I had to read this through 4 times and I still don't understand it. Please speak properly.

Are you saying Adebayor's good because he doesn't shoot a lot? What I'm saying is he has been performing to the standard of a 92. He has missed too many good chances (note the words in bold) to be a 93' date=' and he does not do enough off the ball.

Yes, he is a good striker. 92 is a good striker. But he is not good enough for a 93 IMO.[/quote']

Im also abit horrified from when he said Derby Best Striker.

Well deserved ive been watching Arshavin since 2 years ago i had him with my Marseille as a 91 i signed him seeing he got 2nd(i believe) in the Russian league and wining russian footballer of the year. I usually check out player i buy for rating stability and now hes a 93 hes been playing brilliantly for Zenit and For Russia and he'll probably go to a top team

• 1 month later...

Arshavin got changed to a F/AM today' date='I think this is incorrect,he's a playmaker,I don't think anyone would buy him in real life as a forward,his best work is in the hole,like Kaka/Diego for example,any thoughts?[/quote']

i know i was kinda amazed they did i want to know who put that in their head... I have in almost all the teams i manage in one team i needed a forward and he helped nicely now i have to buy a winger or am to replace him and in the rest i now have 5 strikers ..

He is more of a second striker than an attacking mid like baptista ronaldinho who is incidentally also a F/Am so will Kaka Diego also become the same??