First Ever 99?

Danny

Re: First Ever 99?

I don't think he should go to 99.

All the hype at the moment is getting ridiculous! Maybe when he's shown that he's not just an Old Trafford show pony then we can have a sensible discussion about his true merit. ;)

Tonight would be a good chance for him to show that he has the stomach for the big occasion.

I'd personally want to see how he does in United's upcoming Champions League games and if not in those games, the Euro Championships. At the moment, although he's almost bagged a goal every game so far I'd still want to see him produce that quality in the toughest of matches. If he carries on playing the way he is through until the Summer then, in my opinion, he deserves his 99.

I don't think he should go to 99.

All the hype at the moment is getting ridiculous! Maybe when he's shown that he's not just an Old Trafford show pony

Are you for real? Show Pony? He has 26 goals in the Premier League! That's 5 more than Torres and he's a winger! He has scored 35 goals in all competitions, breaking George Best's record of the highest scoring winger in a season and has set a new record this season in the Premier League for most goals scored by a midfielder in one season. Then there is all his assists and some truly stunning free kicks and finishes. He is, without question the best player in the world at the moment.

Are you for real? Show Pony? He has 26 goals in the Premier League! That's 5 more than Torres and he's a winger! He has scored 35 goals in all competitions' date=' breaking George Best's record of the highest scoring winger in a season and has set a new record this season in the Premier League for most goals scored by a midfielder in one season. Then there is all his assists and some truly stunning free kicks and finishes. He is, without question the best player in the world at the moment.[/quote']

+1, very well said.

Waht Esle Does Ronaldo Have To Do Asa Winger To Get 99?

For Those That Disagree..

Forget About Messi & Pele If Ronaldo Keeps This Up Season After Season In The Most Competitive/Hardest League In The World He Will Become Probly The World Best Ever Player.

As Jealous/Biased/Angery Some Poeple Might Be....

If Ronaldo wins champions league and gets to at least the semi's in Euro Cup with Portugal then I will stand by SM giving him the 99. But right now he isn't there yet. He's missed out on some individual and team trophy's this season, but there is still the EPL, Champions League, and the multiple golden boot awards. Wait till the end of season before giving anybody a 99 rating.

it has everything to do with it. It doesn't look good if a player who is considered the best in the world doesn't win any team trophies. It just wouldn't make sense the best player in the world should be able to lead his team to major trophies. And be the deciding factor. I'm a ronaldo fan he is amazing. But i want him to win some major trophies before he goes up to a 99. Only one player has ever been rated a 99 and that was Ronaldinho and that was when he was on top of the world. Nobody debated his skill. He won Champions League and did well with Brazil. Now I would like to see Cristiano Ronaldo win a Champions League trophy something that he hasn't done yet. Kaka the other 98 has. Everybody has to remember these ratings are largely based on their play over the last two years. I have no doubts Ronaldo individually is the best player in the world but the difference between him and Kaka right now is that Champions League title. Correct me if I'm wrong but it would be safe to say ManU are the Favourites to win Champs League. So I dont see what the big deal is with waiting to raise a player just up 1 point. At the end of the day it has little effect on anything. And if you do it after a potential Champions League win I can guarantee there will be way less debate over his rating increase. Where as right now as you can see with this topic and the ManU ratings topic it is pretty heated.

I agree it will make SM's Life Alot Easier If United Do Go Onto Win The League & Champs League..

However I Still Fell They Will Be Under Pressure to put Him To 99 IF HE SCORES OVER 40 :eek: goals this season (He can always be put back to 98 if he doesent live up to ecspectations at this years Euro's or Next Season)

O Another Debate If gers Win the League Cup Already Won The LeagueCup & Win The Uefa Cup :mad::P

Thats Another Issue (Just on my mind)

If Ronaldo wins champions league and gets to at least the semi's in Euro Cup with Portugal then I will stand by SM giving him the 99. But right now he isn't there yet. He's missed out on some individual and team trophy's this season' date=' but there is still the EPL, Champions League, and the multiple golden boot awards. Wait till the end of season before giving anybody a 99 rating.[/quote']

I agree! B)

Are you for real? Show Pony? He has 26 goals in the Premier League! That's 5 more than Torres and he's a winger! He has scored 35 goals in all competitions' date=' breaking George Best's record of the highest scoring winger in a season and has set a new record this season in the Premier League for most goals scored by a midfielder in one season. Then there is all his assists and some truly stunning free kicks and finishes. He is, without question the best player in the world at the moment.[/quote']

Fair comment. However, I would just like to point out that although he scored a stunning goal last night (and could conceivably scored a couple more), by his standards, he had a quiet night. The show pony comment was alluding to the fact that sometimes he tries to be flash for the sake of it. Like when he tried to do that stepover in the second half and Mexes made him look like a mug. Or the numerous times he ended up on his backside when it got a bit physical.

Oh and the George Best comparisons are bogus because, as they say, the past is another country and it was a totally different game back then.

I say keep him at 98 'til after Euro 2008.

The rating 99 is more an award then a rating. It is nearly a mark of fame if you get me. Ronaldinho was made 99 because he was VERY clearly the best player in the world.

While I agree ronaldo is now, you must appreciate that its the top award a player can achieve and only the VERY best can do it.

That means that they have to win top trophies and play exceptionaly well against every single team the whole way to the final and that included. You simply cant hand out 99s to all the top players in the world even if they are playing the best football in the world at the time. thats what 98 should be for... 99 is one extra to show they have had as completely perfect a season(or 12 months or even more) as possible. I think hes close to reaching that but he isnt there yet.

Also with so much legitemet contravorsy over it when there wasnt with ronaldinho you must think....is he trully ready for the top award we are able to give him.

I think think that 99 is just around the corner for him. I think he should be givin a speciel review at the end of the season and him alone thaught about even though its not in his rating time just so that a proper verdict can be givin.