Sign in to follow this  
Burning Spear

u19 international bargains

From looking at the u19 european championship qualifying, there struck me as being many good young players, with great potential. All mentioned are on DB, and cost less than 100,000. Sorry if mentioned before, but the more info the better:D

1. Krystian PEARCE CB 17 70 ENG 10k

Pearce is a product of Birmingham City's academy. He has had two loan spells at notts county and port vale, making 35 appearances this season so far. He captained the Birmingham u-18 side to the youth cup final last season. He was an integral part of the England u-17 team that lost to Spain in the final of the 2007 UEFA tournament. Terry Brooking described Pearce as the 'best player in the world cup'. Pearce is both footed, pacy, tall and good in the air - the hallmarks of a world class defender. Also good going forward, he scored against Belgium and Iceland in qualifying. Highly Recommended

2. Sam HUTCHINSON RB/CB 18 68 ENG 20k

Hutchinson is at Chelsea, so chances to impress have been limited, but he captained the England under 19s in their friendly with Germany. Has played in all of England's recent qualifiers, and made the second most appearances for Chelsea's youth team last season, proof of their trust in him. Although he has not had quite the same plaudits as Pearce, he still has the potential to go a long way.

3. San Jose MIKEL CB 18 72 SPA 70k

Mikel is the lynchpin of a miserly Spanish defence, which conceded just one goal in its three qualifiers for the elite round. He was snapped up by Liverpool from the Athletic Bilbao academy, and is seen as having great potential, though he hasn't made a first team appearance as of yet, but was on the bench for the away game at Chelsea, showing Benitez's confidence in the youngster.

4. Emilio NSUE F 18 72 SPA 70k

Already mentioned many times on the forum, but I thought it would be churlish to leave him out. Nsue is already breaking into the team with two sub appearances, while many of europe's biggest clubs are chasing him.

5. Daniel PAREJO CM 18 70 SPA 10k

Parejo is currently at Real Madrid Castila, which has produced many La Liga players recently, such as De La Red, Miguel Torres and Esteban Granero. He has scored 8 goals for Castilla this season from midfield, and he netted Spain's winner against Greece in the 2007 u19 football championships, despite being a year younger than many of the other players with a clever free-kick. Once again, I recommend him highly, although SM does not review player ratings for Segunda B, but I would expect a large rise at the start of next season - RMC are currently 2nd.

6. Botond BIRTALAN F 18 71 20k

Birtalan plays for Sopron in the Hungarian League, which i can't find any stats for, especially as Sopron were relegated last year. But on the international stage, Birtalan has scored two in three games for the under-19s alongside Kristian Nemeth of Liverpool. Could be worth a punt at 20k.

7. Andras SIMON F 18 71 20k

Simon now plays for Liverpool, who bought him along with Nemeth from MTK. Simon is more of a back up for Birtalan at international level, but Liverpool don't normally buy rubbish youths on the other hand. Could struggle for first team opportunities though.

8. Jo Sondre AAS CF 18 68 NOR 20k

Aas plays for Rosenborg in Norway, making a sub appearance in their first game of the season - surely a positive sign of future appearances. Aas is an important member of the Norwegian u19s who were very impressive in qualifying unbeaten, including a 3-1 win over a highly rated Dutch team, in which he scored.

9. Ola KAMARA CF 18 70 NOR 10k

Kamara is used mainly as a sub for Norway, but has already made 3 appearances for Stabaek last year. Wouldn't rush to get him, but you never know..

10. Christos XENOFONTOS F 19 69 CYP 20k

Played for the Cyprus team who qualified despite a 5-1 hammering by Slovakia in their first game. He plays for AEK Larnaca in Cyprus and has featured 5 times already for them.

11. Lefteris MATSOUKAS F 18 72 GRE 70k

Matsoukas plays for Olympiakos, for whom he has played in just 1 competitive fixture, but has scored for them in many friendlies. At u19 level he has formed a deadly partnership with AEK's Pavlis who have scored 6 goals between them in Greece's three qualifiers. Greece held France to a 2-2 draw as part of the campaign, so it wasn't all easy for them.

12. Nikos BARBOUDIS D 18 71 GRE 10k

Barboudis plays for AEK Athens in Greece, though he is currently on loan to feeder club Fostiras. He has performed well in these qualifiers, and scored a goal in the 1-0 defeat of Slovenia. He was the standby for the silver medal winning team of 2007.

Part Two will come later..

Please note that I am not expecting these players to have any sort of rises, but merely are good cheap long term prospects.

Re: u19 international bargains

13. Morgan SCHNEIDERLIN DM/CB 18 68 FRA 20k

Schneiderlin is an ever-present for the French U19 team. He has scored two goals in their qualifying campaign so far, and is at the centre of a side which contains many higher rated players, such as N'Gog, Sissoko, Bakar, Taarabt, Obertan and Armand Traore. He has made two appearances for Strasbourg, starting their recent defeat against strugglers Metz.

14. Nicolo BRIGHENTI CB 18 69 ITA 20k

Brighenti is an important defender for Italy U19s. He started two of their qualifiers but was rested against Malta. I can't find out much about his club career, I think he is at Chievo. Italy don't normally produce poor defenders though. Hopefully Brighenti can carry on that tradition.

15. Slavko PEROVIC F 18 72 SER 70k

Perovic is a forward for Crvena Zvezda. He started two of Serbia's qualifiers, but failed to score. He also shares his name with a Montenegrin freedom fighter, but I couldn't find out too much about him.

16. Jem KARACAN M 19 72 TUR 100k

Karacan plays for Reading, and has made 16 appearances for Bournemouth and Millwall while on loan, scoring 1 goal. Although he was born in London, he is thoroughly committed to the Turkish cause, and started all 3 of their qualifiers.

17. Kiraz FERHAT RM 19 71 TUR 30k

Ferhat is with Gencerbligi in Turkey and has made 6 appearances (2 starts) this season. He has featured in all Turkey's qualifiers, scoring 1 goal. Ferhat's gametime this season have already given him a +3 rise, perhaps more are on the cards for this young prospect.

18. Aron GUNNARSSON AM 18 71 ICE 20k

Gunnarsson is with AZ in Holland, who gave a chance to fellow Icelander Gretar Steinsson. THere is, therefore, no reason why Gunnarsson should not enjoy the same progress. He has played 1 game this season for AZ, and has made his senior international debut, after impressing in Iceland's wins over Romania and Belgium, and scoring against England in the 1-5 defeat.

19. Gudmundur KRISTJANSSON CB 18 67 ICE 40k

Kristjansson plays for Breithablik in Iceland, who are no great shakes tbh. Nevertheless he did play all 3 of Iceland's qualifiers, and if he can get out of Iceland, he has the potential to mature into a decent player.

20. Aleksandr KIROV LM 17 70 BUL 10k

Kirov plays for Levski in Bulgaria. He has 5 games and a goal for them already and was called up to the u19s to try and ease their troubles in front of goal - they progressed despite only scoring 1 goal in three games.

21. Aleksei KOZLOV CM 19 63 BEL 40k

Kozlov plays for FC Minsk in the Belarussian league, which is hard to get stats on, but he did start all three of Belarus's qualifiers, in which they beat Ireland and Andorra and lost narrowly to Portugal. If he can leave Belarus to a better league, he could do well.

22. Aleksandr FEDOSEEV RB 18 66 BEL 40k

Fedoseev is also at FC Minsk. He was named as a sub in each qualifier, so I am unsure if he even played. I wouldn't necessarily rush to buy him.

23. Tomislav HAVOJIC CM/LM 19 72 CRO 70k

Havojic is one of the many talents coming through Dinamo Zagreb's youth divisions, and has already made his first team debut. He played in Croatia's qualifier against Italy, although he did not start in either of the other two games.

24. Sandi HUDOROVIC F 18 72 CRO 70k

Like Havojic, Hudurovic plies his trade at Dinamo Zagreb. He made two appearances for the u19s, but didn't score. He also played a recent friendly against England u19, in which he caught the eye but failed to score as England were comfortable winners.

25. Arvydas NOVIKOVAS F 17 72 LIT 120k

Novikovas plays for Interas in Lithuania. He scored 3 goals in 3 qualifiers including a brace against fellow surprise package Armenia. According to wikipedia, many of Interas's players also work at the power plant, but if Novikovas can concentrate fully on football, he could be a good player for club and country.

26. Povlivas KRASNOVSKIS F 18 72 LIT 110k

Also at Interas (must be something in the water), Krasnovskis also played all three of Lithuania's games, but didn't score, maybe because he is more a midfielder than a striker.

27. Viktor PASIN M 18 72 LIT 120k

Pasin also plays for Interas, my new favourite club;) . Pasin played in all of Lithuania's qualifiers and like Krasnovskis and Novikovas is a squad player for Interas, who finished 8th out of 10 last year.

28. Radoslaw KURSA DM/LB 19 70 POL 10k

Kursa plays for Wizdew Lodz in Poland. He played all their qualifiers, in which Poland conceded just 1 goal. Not much more I can say, but perhaps worth 10k.

29. Ruslan KAMBOLOV RB 18 63 RUS 20k

Kambolov is not a starter for Russia, he is second choice behind the wonderfully named Semen Fomin. He plays for Lokomotiv Moskva in Russia, and I think he has been mentioned before on the forum somewhere:confused:

30. Grzegorz SANDORMIERSKI G 18 72 POL 80k

Finally a keeper. Sandormierski is a 6'4" beast of a keeper, who helped Poland to have such a good defensive record, conceding 1 goal in 4 and a half hours. He plays for Jagiellonia in the Polish Premier League.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback. Hopefully some will be tidy little earners.

From looking at the u19 european championship qualifying' date=' there struck me as being many good young players, with great potential. All mentioned are on DB, and cost less than 100,000. Sorry if mentioned before, but the more info the better:D

[b']1. Krystian PEARCE CB 17 70 ENG 10k[/b]

Pearce is a product of Birmingham City's academy. He has had two loan spells at notts county and port vale, making 35 appearances this season so far. He captained the Birmingham u-18 side to the youth cup final last season. He was an integral part of the England u-17 team that lost to Spain in the final of the 2007 UEFA tournament. Terry Brooking described Pearce as the 'best player in the world cup'. Pearce is both footed, pacy, tall and good in the air - the hallmarks of a world class defender. Also good going forward, he scored against Belgium and Iceland in qualifying. Highly Recommended

2. Sam HUTCHINSON RB/CB 18 68 ENG 20k

Hutchinson is at Chelsea, so chances to impress have been limited, but he captained the England under 19s in their friendly with Germany. Has played in all of England's recent qualifiers, and made the second most appearances for Chelsea's youth team last season, proof of their trust in him. Although he has not had quite the same plaudits as Pearce, he still has the potential to go a long way.

3. San Jose MIKEL CB 18 72 SPA 70k

Mikel is the lynchpin of a miserly Spanish defence, which conceded just one goal in its three qualifiers for the elite round. He was snapped up by Liverpool from the Athletic Bilbao academy, and is seen as having great potential, though he hasn't made a first team appearance as of yet, but was on the bench for the away game at Chelsea, showing Benitez's confidence in the youngster.

4. Emilio NSUE F 18 72 SPA 70k

Already mentioned many times on the forum, but I thought it would be churlish to leave him out. Nsue is already breaking into the team with two sub appearances, while many of europe's biggest clubs are chasing him.

5. Daniel PAREJO CM 18 70 SPA 10k

Parejo is currently at Real Madrid Castila, which has produced many La Liga players recently, such as De La Red, Miguel Torres and Esteban Granero. He has scored 8 goals for Castilla this season from midfield, and he netted Spain's winner against Greece in the 2007 u19 football championships, despite being a year younger than many of the other players with a clever free-kick. Once again, I recommend him highly, although SM does not review player ratings for Segunda B, but I would expect a large rise at the start of next season - RMC are currently 2nd.

6. Botond BIRTALAN F 18 71 20k

Birtalan plays for Sopron in the Hungarian League, which i can't find any stats for, especially as Sopron were relegated last year. But on the international stage, Birtalan has scored two in three games for the under-19s alongside Kristian Nemeth of Liverpool. Could be worth a punt at 20k.

7. Andras SIMON F 18 71 20k

Simon now plays for Liverpool, who bought him along with Nemeth from MTK. Simon is more of a back up for Birtalan at international level, but Liverpool don't normally buy rubbish youths on the other hand. Could struggle for first team opportunities though.

8. Jo Sondre AAS CF 18 68 NOR 20k

Aas plays for Rosenborg in Norway, making a sub appearance in their first game of the season - surely a positive sign of future appearances. Aas is an important member of the Norwegian u19s who were very impressive in qualifying unbeaten, including a 3-1 win over a highly rated Dutch team, in which he scored.

9. Ola KAMARA CF 18 70 NOR 10k

Kamara is used mainly as a sub for Norway, but has already made 3 appearances for Stabaek last year. Wouldn't rush to get him, but you never know..

10. Christos XENOFONTOS F 19 69 CYP 20k

Played for the Cyprus team who qualified despite a 5-1 hammering by Slovakia in their first game. He plays for AEK Larnaca in Cyprus and has featured 5 times already for them.

11. Lefteris MATSOUKAS F 18 72 GRE 70k

Matsoukas plays for Olympiakos, for whom he has played in just 1 competitive fixture, but has scored for them in many friendlies. At u19 level he has formed a deadly partnership with AEK's Pavlis who have scored 6 goals between them in Greece's three qualifiers. Greece held France to a 2-2 draw as part of the campaign, so it wasn't all easy for them.

12. Nikos BARBOUDIS D 18 71 GRE 10k

Barboudis plays for AEK Athens in Greece, though he is currently on loan to feeder club Fostiras. He has performed well in these qualifiers, and scored a goal in the 1-0 defeat of Slovenia. He was the standby for the silver medal winning team of 2007.

Part Two will come later..

Please note that I am not expecting these players to have any sort of rises, but merely are good cheap long term prospects.

you mentioned jo sondre aas he was my first find ever thanks for mentioning him.:D;)

31. Joel Ekstrand RB/LB 19 72 SWE 60k

Just added to the DB today. Ekstrand has played Helsingborgs first two games this season, ahead of many more experienced players, whose ratings are in the mid 80s. If he can continue to start, then his rating could go up considerably. He played all of Sweden u19's qualifiers.

32. Sebastian RAJALAKSO LM/CM 19 70 SWE 10k

Already mentioned by Sheva, Rajalakso has now scored 2 in 2 for Djugarden and can be picked up for just 10k! A big rise is on the cards.

Just added to the DB today. Ekstrand has played Helsingborgs first two games this season' date=' ahead of many more experienced players, whose ratings are in the mid 80s. If he can continue to start, then his rating could go up considerably. He played all of Sweden u19's qualifiers.

[b']32. Sebastian RAJALAKSO LM/CM 19 70 SWE 10k[/b]

Already mentioned by Sheva, Rajalakso has now scored 2 in 2 for Djugarden and can be picked up for just 10k! A big rise is on the cards.

I was the one who send the ticket so they can be added :D . I also intend to send a ticket about Rasmus Elm from Kalmar (181 minutes, 1 goal, but he is not on the DB)

Just added to the DB today. Ekstrand has played Helsingborgs first two games this season' date=' ahead of many more experienced players, whose ratings are in the mid 80s. If he can continue to start, then his rating could go up considerably. He played all of Sweden u19's qualifiers.

[b']32. Sebastian RAJALAKSO LM/CM 19 70 SWE 10k[/b]

I completely forgot to send the ticket about the player. Thanks Hades. I dont mind who informs SM, as long as he is on the DB:D

And Burningspears, ur work is absolutely class!!! Keep it up!!

32. Sebastian RAJALAKSO LM/CM 19 70 SWE 10k

Already mentioned by Sheva' date=' Rajalakso has now scored 2 in 2 for Djugarden and can be picked up for just 10k! A big rise is on the cards.[/quote']

I was just looking at this guy's stats and seeing how his side got on in their 3rd game of the season, and i look at the goalscorers, and yes he is there again! 3 in 3 from midfield, on fire! Top quality scout mate ive signed him for 10k and i encourage everyone else to, great work again Burning Spear.

absolutely brilliant.

i've been trying to save up my balance, but by the time i finished reading, i found i'v bought at least 4 of the players for each of my teams! thank God they're cheap!

i would rep you twice if i could do that, lol :)

Dude thats a pretty sweet list!! :D :D

IM not a very good player scout so im glad theres peeps here who help me out!!

im trying to grab a couple but seems others may have read this thread first!

Shelbourne FC has already mentioned these two guys, but they do also fit my thread.(http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=22598)

33. Vincenzio FIORILLO G 18 72 Sampdoria 50k

Fiorillo is one of the two goalies vying for the Italy u18 goalkeeper's jersey with Ugo Gabrieli (not on DB). He played only one of the three qualifiers, keeping a clean sheet.

34. Silvano RAGGIO GARIBALDI M 19 70 Genoa 10k

Raggio Garibaldi is a key member of the Italian u19 side, starting 1st 2 games then rested when qualifying was already safe. He also managed a goal against Montenegro. If he's playing for a club like Genoa, he is more likely to break through into the 1st team and play regular serie a football soon.

34. Konstantinos LAZARIDIS M 18 69 Apollon Kalamatra

Lazaridis made his debut early this season for Apollon, who have been relegated, and is a recent call up to the greek u19 squad. Probably wouldn't buy just yet, as he will be playing 2nd division football next year.

and by the way, congrats to any who bought Karacan, up three to 75.;)