Sign in to follow this  
Burning Spear

u19 international bargains

Re: u19 international bargains

35. Gudmundur Renyir GUNNARSSON LM 18 70 ICE KR 10k

I don't know how i missed this guy before. Has played regularly for the under 19s, and recently scored two goals vs Norway in the elite round. Iceland's team was very decent, pushing Bulgaria all the way in contention for one of the finals' births.

And a quick heads up, not on DB yet while I am with Iceland - Gylfi Thor SIGURDSSON of Reading has scored from midfield in his last 5 games for Iceland - worth watching out for, imho.

36. Matija SMREKAR CF 19 72 Varteks 70k

Started two of Croatia's 1st round ties, without scoring. He has been getting games recently for Varteks, who are 7th at the moment. He has played 6, scored 2 and 1 mom, so a good future prospect, i would say.

So far, Bulgaria and Hungary have progressed.

The key man for Hungary is Kristian Nemeth of Liverpool, who is no stranger to those who have used the forum for a while, rated 81, who is unlikely to play too many games for liverpool, although benitez has hinted he may play carling cup next year.

For Bulgaria, the main man is Mihail Aleksandrov, of CSKA Sofia, rated 74 and therefore cheaper, who pulls the strings in midfield. Also, watch out for Tsvetanov when he is added to the DB.

Matija Smrekar netted twice in the 2-2 draw between Croatia and Germany including a stunning individual goal.

Spain are practically through, with Emilio Nsue and Daniel Parejo stand outs in a squad packed with talent (Ivan Bolado, Ignacio Camacho...). Seriously both Parejo and Nsue are must-buys.

Elsewhere, Marius Papsys of Lithuania has scored 3 goals in the round and is rated 74, and can be picked up for around 500,000, yet he will not rise far unless he moves out of Lithuania, like Novikovas, he has the potential to do very well if he joins a russian or german club.

Portugal are out, but played some great football with a 5-0 and 3-1 win over Cyprus and Lithuania, with Miguel Vitor (on DB rated 77) and Castro Oliveira (not on DB) netting twice.

Moldova (non of whose players are on the DB) surprised Greece 2-1, thanks to an excellent solo goal by Catan. This was a greek side that contained a full international (ninis) that struggled to finish. Matsoukias (rated 72) scored an equaliser, but Labropoulos squandered a pair of chances as Moldova countered effectively.

In Group 3, iceland finished second behind bulgaria, thanks to gudmundur reynir gunnarsson (rated 70) and gylfi thor sigurdsson (not on DB)'s goals from midfield, but after being reduced to ten men were edged out in the group decider.

I wouldn't be signing Aleksandrov just yet...he may be a talent, but his homeclub CSKA Sofia are well known for ignoring their youth team (they've always wanted quick results).

And by Tsvetanov you probably mean Litex's talented striker. According to the PFL.Bg site, he's featured in 21 games (10 as sub), scoring 4 goals. Not much of an impressive record, but he still gets first-team football, unlike Aleksandrov.

And by Tsvetanov you probably mean Litex's talented striker. According to the PFL.Bg site, he's featured in 21 games (10 as sub), scoring 4 goals. Not much of an impressive record, but he still gets first-team football, unlike Aleksandrov

shouldn't he be added to the DB then?

So far' date=' Bulgaria and Hungary have progressed.

The key man for Hungary is Kristian Nemeth of Liverpool, who is no stranger to those who have used the forum for a while, rated 81, who is unlikely to play too many games for liverpool, although benitez has hinted he may play carling cup next year.[/quote']

I've seen the decisive win against Portugal last Saturday in the Stadium, Krisztián was indeed one of the most important players - very strong and agressive on ball, very hard to hold, at the same time I'd highlight Vladimir Koman's (Sampdoria) and Olivér Nagy's (Újpest) performance as well. Both are on the DB rated 78 and 76.

Agreed, there seeems to be plenty of young u19 hungarian talent on DB:

Andres DEBRECENI RB/CB 19 75 Budapest Honved

Tamas KADAR CB/DM 18 76 Newcastle United

Adrian SZEKERES RB 19 76 MTK Hungaria

Adam DUDAS F/W 19 75 Gyori ETO

Vladimir KOMAN RM/LM 19 78 Sampdoria

Zsolt KORCSMAR CM/CB 19 82 Ujpest

Oliver NAGY RM/CM 19 76 Ujpest

Andras SIMON F/AM 18 71 Liverpool

Kristian NEMETH F 19 81 Liverpool

Botond BIRTALAN F 19 71 Sopron (bankrupt :confused: )

are all well involved in the u19 setup

shouldn't he be added to the DB then?

Surely' date=' yeah, I dunno why he hasn't been added by now...

I was helping with the Bulgarian research at first, but nowdays I lack the time and motivation to do that. Besides, the [url']www.pfl.bg[/url] site has an English version, so everyone on this board can check who's hot and who's not in the Bulgarian "A" group ;)

Great work with the scouting, though :)

37. Paolo CARBONARO CF 19 71 Palermo 10k

Available as a free agent in many set-ups, made his debut for Palermo against Siena. He is the italian 4th choice striker behind Forestieri, Okaka Chuka and Paloschi, possibly worth the 10k, though not a star buy.

13. Morgan SCHNEIDERLIN DM/CB 18 68 FRA 20k

Schneiderlin is an ever-present for the French U19 team. He has scored two goals in their qualifying campaign so far' date=' and is at the centre of a side which contains many higher rated players, such as N'Gog, Sissoko, Bakar, Taarabt, Obertan and Armand Traore. He has made two appearances for Strasbourg, starting their recent defeat against strugglers Metz.

[b']14. Nicolo BRIGHENTI CB 18 69 ITA 20k[/b]

Brighenti is an important defender for Italy U19s. He started two of their qualifiers but was rested against Malta. I can't find out much about his club career, I think he is at Chievo. Italy don't normally produce poor defenders though. Hopefully Brighenti can carry on that tradition.

15. Slavko PEROVIC F 18 72 SER 70k

Perovic is a forward for Crvena Zvezda. He started two of Serbia's qualifiers, but failed to score. He also shares his name with a Montenegrin freedom fighter, but I couldn't find out too much about him.

16. Jem KARACAN M 19 72 TUR 100k

Karacan plays for Reading, and has made 16 appearances for Bournemouth and Millwall while on loan, scoring 1 goal. Although he was born in London, he is thoroughly committed to the Turkish cause, and started all 3 of their qualifiers.

17. Kiraz FERHAT RM 19 71 TUR 30k

Ferhat is with Gencerbligi in Turkey and has made 6 appearances (2 starts) this season. He has featured in all Turkey's qualifiers, scoring 1 goal. Ferhat's gametime this season have already given him a +3 rise, perhaps more are on the cards for this young prospect.

18. Aron GUNNARSSON AM 18 71 ICE 20k

Gunnarsson is with AZ in Holland, who gave a chance to fellow Icelander Gretar Steinsson. THere is, therefore, no reason why Gunnarsson should not enjoy the same progress. He has played 1 game this season for AZ, and has made his senior international debut, after impressing in Iceland's wins over Romania and Belgium, and scoring against England in the 1-5 defeat.

19. Gudmundur KRISTJANSSON CB 18 67 ICE 40k

Kristjansson plays for Breithablik in Iceland, who are no great shakes tbh. Nevertheless he did play all 3 of Iceland's qualifiers, and if he can get out of Iceland, he has the potential to mature into a decent player.

20. Aleksandr KIROV LM 17 70 BUL 10k

Kirov plays for Levski in Bulgaria. He has 5 games and a goal for them already and was called up to the u19s to try and ease their troubles in front of goal - they progressed despite only scoring 1 goal in three games.

Well, if you are going to mention him....You might as well mention

Nikola Gulan- huge prospect

Nenad Adamovic- great prospect

Nenad Krsticic- huge prospect

Nemanja Kojic- good prospect

Veljko Vukovic- good prospect

Zivko Zivkovic- great prospect

Dusan Brkovic- great prospect

Darko Lazovic- Don't know much about him except... 17 years old and already scored 2 goals for his club in Serbian super league.