Deveneeey's Scottish Premier League Risers, Part 1.

Deveneeey

Re: Deveneeey's Scottish Premier League Risers, Part 1.

Some one finaly with brains ^^^

He did destroy barca and milan but rangers fans caint face that cos they sat back agaisnt barca while we went to attack :)

I support neither so I'm neutral,I guess in this case Hutton should be rated above Puyol so:D

hahah Bouc a better keeper:confused:

last four old firm games with boruc and McGregor playing...

Rangers Goals = 7

Celtic Goals = 0

looks like boruc is by far the better keeper:rolleyes:

Some one finaly with brains ^^^

He did destroy barca and milan but rangers fans caint face that cos they sat back agaisnt barca while we went to attack :)

and we all see how that worked out:rolleyes:

Rangers Goals = 7

Celtic Goals = 0

to true :)

I doint here barca or Ac millan going for mcgrgor and u have a far better defence than us so we concede to easly.

If u caint face boruc is better then doint just shows how much u lot are lossers and caint face us having better keeper :)

"we all see how that worked out" :confused:

Guest the plummer

not beeing funny but

nathin big Mac is far better than boruc, Mcgeady should stay where he is , he is nothing special and if he was why hasnt real madrid signed him yet .

you also state the ploty thingy , its only really two celtic players as robson done all his work at dundee united mate

:D

not beeing funny but

nathin big Mac is far better than boruc' date=' Mcgeady should stay where he is , he is nothing special and if he was why hasnt real madrid signed him yet .

you also state the ploty thingy , its only really two celtic players as robson done all his work at dundee united mate

[/b']

He will be at a bigger club before long he's only 21! Boruc is better than McGregor,Rangers do have a better team though..

Guest the plummer

He will be at a bigger club before long he's only 21! Boruc is better than McGregor' date='Rangers do have a better team though..[/quote']

its all a matter of opinion really , in my view , Mac is better , Mcgeady only plays when the cameras are there ;)

but neverless I digress

not beeing funny but

nathin big Mac is far better than boruc' date=' Mcgeady should stay where he is , he is nothing special and if he was why hasnt real madrid signed him yet .

[/b']

Big mac better thn boruclol Boruc is a far better keeper than him as i stated in my post below iv never heard a big club after mcgregor once:rolleyes: o also cos cos madrid havnt asked for him barca and man u did but he wanted to stay :) iv got a thung here stating feriges intrest in boruc but he wanted to stay and help em win title which looks like its off to ipox. also u can tell by boruc save reactions etc he is better maybe mcgregor at catching but boruc is better :).

Also tell me whos better then mcgeady in ur sqaud no one runs at the defence and agaisnt top clubs ya sit back look at barca game no one dared run at em but mcgeady gave em his best shot and we got 2 goals agaisnt best team in world.

O well dundee can have robsons glory mcgeadys gunna get it shows that evan scotish Fa disagree with ya all wev still got 1 more in there than yas :).

its all a matter of opinion really ' date=' in my view , Mac is better , Mcgeady only plays when the cameras are there ;)

but neverless I digress[/quote']

No it isnt really its just that Boruc is better not way better but he is McGregor isnt far off though its just that he has shone more this season.

McGeady only plays when the cameras are there :P so that would be every week then Greig ?

No it isnt really its just that Boruc is better not way better but he is McGregor isnt far off though its just that he has shone more this season.

McGeady only plays when the cameras are there :P so that would be every week then Greig ?

Some players don't perform when the cameras are there,he plays well in the big games,sign of a good player..

McGregor/Boruc

Firstly you can't go by the goals against because Boruc was not to blame for any of them, its simply Celtic's terrible defence. Out of the two I think there is not much between them and its based on opinion as its so close, I am neutral but I have seen McGregor and he has impressed a lot, and I just don't like Boruc for his antics, but he is good.. both are good. Boruc is fine at 91 and McGregor should move to 89 just now because he isn't an internationalist.

McGeady

Imo, he has not been the best in the SPL this year but he has been so much better than he has been in previous seasons. His ball into the box is much better, and you can't say that because he was bad at Rangers that day that he isn't good - although it was only Broadfoot :rolleyes:. I think he will stay at 90 for now, and I also think he may move in the summer.

Ratings

Broadfoot to 86 for now, and am I pushing it saying Papac to 88? Cuellar to 91, if Boruc is a 91 anyway. I agree, Weir to 89. Davis and Thomson to 88, but Thomson I believe should be 89. Novo up to 87, Darch stays the same.

Caldwell to 87, Naka to 89, Brown to 88, Donati to 87, McDonald stays at 89 and Hesselink down to 90. Samaras to go up to 86/87.

Others: McCormack to 86/87, far better than Burke at Rangers (rating-wise) and has done better than say Nakamura too. Grainger/Flood/Gomis/Buaben/Kerr all up one at United they are good this season. Steven Fletcher to 88, and Nish up to 86 at Hibs. Also at Motherwell, Clarkson and McGarry to 85 as well as goalie Smith to 86. Reynolds, Lasley and Hughes to push 85 as well.

Surely Fletcher deserves an 88? Second best scorer in SPL and only 21 years of age.

Good shout. A player scoring goals in a poorer team, some would say they're better players than the one's scoring in better teams.

Surely Fletcher deserves an 88? Second best scorer in SPL and only 21 years of age.

As i previously mentioned' date=' i didn't want to be seen as going over the top with the increases on my first attempt and making a mess of it, but i do feel as though Fletcher can go and make 88 with his performance this season.[/font']

Rangers Goals = 7

Celtic Goals = 0

Of course Boruc is the better keeper, I am not just saying that because I support Celtic, Boruc has been touted to play for the likes of AC Milan and Arsenal and has been rated at 10 million and will probably leave for that at the end of this season, I haven't heard anybody being interested in McGregor or him being valued at 10 million but he is a very good keeper but he can't replace Craig Gordon at the moment in the Scotland team and Craig Gordon has hardly been great for Sunderland so I think Boruc is the better out of the two.

Big mac better thn boruclol Boruc is a far better keeper than him as i stated in my post below iv never heard a big club after mcgregor once:rolleyes: o also cos cos madrid havnt asked for him barca and man u did but he wanted to stay :) iv got a thung here stating feriges intrest in boruc but he wanted to stay and help em win title which looks like its off to ipox. also u can tell by boruc save reactions etc he is better maybe mcgregor at catching but boruc is better :).

Also tell me whos better then mcgeady in ur sqaud no one runs at the defence and agaisnt top clubs ya sit back look at barca game no one dared run at em but mcgeady gave em his best shot and we got 2 goals agaisnt best team in world.

O well dundee can have robsons glory mcgeadys gunna get it shows that evan scotish Fa disagree with ya all wev still got 1 more in there than yas :).

im sorrry but i thought a keepers job was to catch the ball:confused: :P

mcgregor wont get looked at by big clubs because he is Scottish' date=' happens all the time if boyd was Brazilian or dutch he would be a world class goal scorer but because he is a Scot he is pish

[u']will poty win you the league, The Scottish Cup or even The CIS?......Na didnt think so:rolleyes: [/u]

Delusional says u iv never seen a more biyast post also i was at the old firm match he did not get as many crosses as normal but got enuff to be better than crapy hutton

my entier family is rangers all the way and they admit boruc is better than mcgregor i also work with 2 rangers fans who also say the same thayt about 70 on 1 there mate think ya need to look at wat ya saying.

Also i doint watch paint dry mate so i doint see darcheville very often but he scores for ya.

Also borucs catching is pretty good or maybe or crosses are bad also his name is boruc not borat or caint u take it when he aos sign of cross in front of ya ? :rolleyes:

Wev got vennigor up front he useless he doint help mcdonald at all or maybe we would score get him out and a decent stricker in.

also if mcgeady wernt as u say "world class" Which iv never said once on here why wolud teams from spain and italy want him i never hear that aobut ur players they all end up doing He'll at new clubs any way apart from hutton whos done well' date=' look at boumesong for example u scam newcastle get the cash then waste it on some over rubbish player while he doas rubbish.

U sure 100/1 i think it would of been on sky sports or summert thats pretty Rubbish o aye he plays for rangers he is :rolleyes: .

As i said mcgregor deserves a increase hes done very well an i hope he doas as well for scotland as he doas for rangers .

Also rangers have been doing a lot better than celtic get strachen out hes done all that he can we need a new manager a new defence and another neil lennon on the pitch.

U say ur not biyast and call me delusioanl look at ur posts ;)[/quote']

I thought that school was mandatory . Maybe , if you're lucky , the primary school might take you back and teach you grammar

He got enough to be better than Hutton ? I think you'll find that Hutton had him in his back pocket for that full game .

As for the international teams wanting McGeady , I think you'll find that Cuellar is being tracked by Valencia , Newcastle & Tottenham .

By the way , we used the Boumsong cash on Ferguson .

You do have another Lennon on the field . Donati is a ginger freak aswell .

I'm not delusional , I clearly understand football more than you . Since you're clearly a Celtc fan , you can't understand anything .

------------

P.S - Mildo , are you a member on the GersForum ?

LOL @ your comments .

Has someone not closed this thread yet for being full of pointless bickering?!?!

Boruc is a better goalkeeper than McGregor, McGeady should stay at 90, and anyone looking for a bargain in the Scottish ratings could do worse than look at the Dundee United team...Zaluska and Swanson both at 75 and regulars now, should go up by about 5 points each.

And Gomis , he has done well recently . Especially against Rangers on Sunday .

This thread is going to turn into a slagging match . Clearly the Rangers fans will win though . We have grounds for an argument , our team is clearly better and we're not delusional .

For all Aiden McGeady lovers :

http://www.fc-utrecht.nl/en/teams/vrouwen_fc_utrecht/Denise_van--Luyn

Uncanny eh ?

Rite' date=' well first off this thread is supposed to be a Scottish rating not an obsession over what Old firm goalie is better? But just to point out to all of you mindless people, Boruc has been Celtic's No1 for how many years? And compare that to McGregor? I think you'll find that this is McGregor's FIRST FULL SEASON as No1. Now for that reason and that reason only, I feel you can't compare who's after who and who's not! I think give it time (another season or so) and there'll be rumours of McGregor being wanted as well. BUT please note these are only RUMOURS, nothing more! I think Boruc on his day can be very good, but so can McGregor! The main difference is Boruc is more controversial - for example:

He was cautioned for a breach of the peace by the police for making gestures in front of Rangers fans. Apparently this is for three hand gestures which include a V sign at the crowd, another obscene gesture at the crowd and a blessing.

But maybe more disturbingly is his lack of sportsmanship. Boruc refused to shake hands with Rangers players after the 3-0 defeat at the first Old Firm derby of the season. Boruc stated that this was apparently due to the fact that he had been "provoked" and "offended" him during the game. (nothing to do with the fact that you lost 3-0 :P ) but thats by the by! But interestingly enough I don't think you'll find a Rangers player (never mind McGregor) ever refusing to shake a Celtic player's hand or anyone elses for that matter! With Barry Ferguson and Neil Lennon famously agreeing that there was tension between the 90 minutes of play but before and after the game that was it, the game is over and you get on with life!

Another point I think you should all note is the age gap: McGregor is 26 and Boruc is 28. Now if you think they are effectively good as each other at tho moment (which I think they are and the majority of non-biased ppl will agree) then what will happen in a couple of seasons when McGregor gets better cos this is Boruc at his peak (very nice thought for Gers fans, maybe not so much for all the Celts :D )

I think back to the ratings, I feel Boruc will stay the same and McGregor to go up + 1/2 (and before anyone starts saying Boruc is better because he is rated higher, I think my first point defeats that argument)

Now about McGeady and ive highlighted the statement that Nathan has made in bold and I can't really say much about that statement! If you analyse Walter's formation to Gordon's I think you'll find a startling discovery! That is you have to play to your strengths - Rangers don't have the Laudrups or Gascoignes anymore so they rely on their defence (which isnt that bad is it B) ) Come end of the season, when Rangers add the league and Scottish cup to the CIS cup (hopefully the UEFA cup as well ;) ), the debate on who plays better football surely is defeated. I mean I know for a fact as a fan of an Old firm team, I want to see results and come end of the season I don't care if Rangers pumped teams 9-0 (tho it would be nice :D )or won every game 1-0 all I care about is to see the cups! I mean to think after 2006-2007 we would be in the chance of getting an unprecedented 4 cups, that speaks volumes about this Rangers team and what Walter's done! Rangers are going through their opening phases after a dreadful couple of seasons and I think encouragingly it can only get better for Rangers)

Rangers and Celtic are not Real Madrid or Barcelona or even Chelsea who can sack their manager just because they don't play "catchy football to the eye"!! Everyone knows Rangers or Celtic can't buy the best players in the world, but [b']DO YOU REALLY KNOW THAT?[/b] I mean I don't think it has registered in that skull of all you disillusioned people!

Now to issue at hand. The Scottish league is quite difficult to predict so will give you my opinions (based on the season so far) on Old Firm players and others who are doing well for their teams.

First off, I feel most Celtic players will stay the same or decrease - with the exception of:

McDonald (really good signing for Celtic) +1/2

Samaras +1

McManus 0/+1 (most likely no change)

For Gers:

McGregor +1/2

Cuellar +1 has been the best defender in the league (guaranteed 90)

Weir +1

Broadfoot +2 (should also have a position change to R/CB or even D)

Buffel -1/2

Whittaker 0/+1

Papac +1/2

Davies +1/2 (done really well and I hope he signs for gers)

Ferguson 0/+1 (mostly likely to stay the same though)

Hemdani 0

Burke 0/-1

Adams +1/2

Daily 0/+1 (maybe increase due to few starts but doubtful)

Naismith 0/+1

Cousin 0

Darcheville 0/+1

Boyd 0/-1

OTHER PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Prince Buaben - 19 and rated 84; will increase by 1/2 BUT definitely one for the future! Will not be with Dundee United for long....since the start of the season, he's been the main reason why Dundee United are still in the hunt for third place and effectively Europe!

Morgaro GOMIS - 22 and rated 84; will increase by 1. Like Buaben, he's a very gud player (used to be in Chelsea youth says it all really)

Both of these players run the show for Dundee United, but Buaben is still the one most likely to make it past SPL!)

Steven Fletcher - 21 and rated 86; will +1/2 (very good prospect like Buaben albeit for different reasons....was linked to Real Madrid and is wanted by Newcastle United and Bolton...WILL DEFINITELY PLAY FOR SCOTLAND IN THE FUTURE)

Ross McCormack - 21 and 83; will +1/2 (doing wonders with Motherwell at the moment! Biggest mistake is that Paul Le Guen let him :mad: would have definitely have played for gers if he was still at Rangers! and without a shadow of a doubt he'll DEFINITELY PLAY FOR SCOTLAND IN THE FUTURE)

Sone ALUKO - 19 and rated 80; will +2/3 (on loan to Aberdeen from Birmingham City and what a player this guy is! An English player with big future....lets just say how many players get a man of the match against Bayern Munich and score the second to make it 2-2??;) )

Josh WALKER - 19 and rated 79; will +3/4 (like Aluko is on loan to Aberdeen but this time from Middlesbrough...was captain of England U18s and came from youth team from the likes of Cattermole, James Morrison and Stewart Downing)

That's all folks B)

Can anyone tell me if Dumitru Copil of Hearts is likely to rise?? thanks

Dont think he'll rise. Was playing for Hearts reserves, the player himself thought he was good enough to play in first team then returned to Romania in a huff couple of months ago.

Supposed to be suffering from homesickness, dont think he's returned to Scotland yet.

With regards the Boruc/McGregor argument starting there, if anyone is thinking of buying a keeper Boruc is the better of the two.

Rangers play a v.defensive line-up yet have still conceded more goals than Celtic, Boruc also has to play behind mediocre players like Caldwell, Naylor etc.

Boruc will be at Euro 2008, and like at the last World Cup i'm sure he will prove himself a v.good keeper.

With regards Boruc being more controversial, which then made McGregor the better keeper, i think the fact u mentioned that he was given a police caution for blessing himself is more to do with Scottish society and Rangers fans than Boruc himself.

Dont think he'll rise. Was playing for Hearts reserves' date=' the player himself thought he was good enough to play in first team then returned to Romania in a huff couple of months ago.

Supposed to be suffering from homesickness, dont think he's returned to Scotland yet.

With regards the Boruc/McGregor argument starting there, if anyone is thinking of buying a keeper Boruc is the better of the two.

[b']Rangers play a v.defensive line-up yet have still conceded more goals than Celtic, Boruc also has to play behind mediocre players like Caldwell, Naylor etc.[/b]

Boruc will be at Euro 2008, and like at the last World Cup i'm sure he will prove himself a v.good keeper.

With regards Boruc being more controversial, which then made McGregor the better keeper, i think the fact u mentioned that he was given a police caution for blessing himself is more to do with Scottish society and Rangers fans than Boruc himself.

Now let me get this straight you're comparing goalkeepers on how defences do! The league stands at this:

1 Rangers 30 16 0 1 46 9 8 3 2 27 15 49 75

2 Celtic 31 10 4 1 34 4 11 1 4 35 17 48 68

which means Celtic have conceded less goals, but Rangers have scored more (but I thought Rangers are the more defensive team :rolleyes: ) You should judge a goalkeeper on their abilities, not on defences! I mean Boruc has made top saves making him a top goalkeeper but the idea of McGregor being inferior to Boruc because he plays for Rangers is really absurd...look at the save he made against Hinkel in the very recent 1-0 win against Celtic. TOP CLASS B)

I never said McGregor was the better goalkeeper, only less controversial!! I actually think they're as good as each other with McGregor having the potential of being better but who knows what the future holds for both players! I don't mind people stating their opinions but would prefer it not being based on bias! I don't think any manager in the world would have been impressed by Boruc's antics at the end of the 3-0 game! I mean everyone promotes the idea of sportsmanship and setting an example for the Kids (and especially for the very vulnerable Glaswegian neds!! :P ) To which I can say yes it is to do with Scottish society! I think Euro 2008 will be a big test for Boruc....lets see if he actually behaves :rolleyes:

Also mate you should read the whole bit about the caution, it was because he was aggravating and provoking Rangers fans by making obscene gestures including a V sign! The blessing part had nothing (or very little) to do with it....as proved when he blessed himself again at the next Old Firm derby game in Dec 2006 - the police took no action...meaning it had nothing to do with the blessing part! The reason he got the caution had nothing to with religion, it was a breach of the peace....you think about it....50/60 thousand fans and half to 3/4 getting ****** off as they see a goalie who is making obscene gestures at them, it could easily have turned into a bloody catastrophe (a war zone esp. seeing how passionate Old Firm fans are!!!) So that was the rationale behind the caution!