The Top 40 Forumers Table - (Easter Version)

тσм_мғϲ

Re: The Top 40 Forumers Table - (Easter Version)

Yes' date=' i see that point, but surely people are going to be more disappointed arent they? E.G. If i was not in the Top 40, i would say to my self well i could have been 41st, but, with 100 and you actually find out your number 99, your going to think, 'oh'.

If i was Someone not in the top 40, id be happy enough to find out that, thanactually find out im 99 in the top 100![/quote']

But who's to say that someone I regard in my top 40 is not no. 99 in someone else's top 100? I just think this way there is a much greater diversity and people will have the options to vote for the people they think are the best forumers. If a person who someone regards as their top forumer is not even in mine or Tom's they won't be in the competition and are therefore missing out of votes through no fault of their own.

So basically' date=' its giving other members of the forum, more chance to vote for a greater ammount of people?[/quote']

Yeah thats exactly the reason. I am on the forum a lot, probably more than most but what I like in a forumer may not be the same as others so its to give everyone a fair chance. I also created a thread called 'what makes a good forumer' trying to get people's views on there for when Me and Tom select the top 100.

I'm not too sure about this way of doing things either but we will see what its like...:confused:

Next year will be my year...mark my words!! lol:D

I know I am surely in the top 100 so at least I will be in one group...

I have not been here long enough to get top 24 IMO so a good group standing will be great for me....Depending on who's in it:rolleyes: Thats the only problem, who your drawn with....

Will wait and see as I said!

I'm not too sure about this way of doing things either but we will see what its like...:confused:

Next year will be my year...mark my words!! lol:D

I know I am surely in the top 100 so at least I will be in one group...

I have not been here long enough to get top 24 IMO so a good group standing will be great for me....Depending on who's in it:rolleyes: Thats the only problem' date=' who your drawn with....

Will wait and see as I said![/quote']

you will be number 1 one day if you ask me, no offence to anybody else your match reports are QUALITY. Your a great help to SM.

hopefully i might get on there in the future :rolleyes:

If you guys have no objection, I'd like to be left out of this year's competition. We had some fun with it last year, but it seems there are too many ego's this year and this really is a **** disturber.

Not your faut Leigh and Tom by any stretch, don't get me wrong, I just want no place in the actual group stage and voting.

It might change by september if I see the forum mature, but for now...

If you guys have no objection' date=' I'd like to be left out of this year's competition. We had some fun with it last year, but it seems there are too many ego's this year and this really is a **** disturber.

Not your faut Leigh and Tom by any stretch, don't get me wrong, I just want no place in the actual group stage and voting.

It might change by september if I see the forum mature, but for now...[/quote']

That shows your maturity Insider. I respect that you're willing to take one for the forum!

Funny you mention maturity while I'm writing this between two Mario Kart races on Super Nintendo.

Sorry' date=' had to point out the irony. :D[/quote']

LOL......:D

Nothing wrong with Mario Karts....I bought it for the missus today on the Nintendo Wii....

If she was awake I'm sure we would be playing it....LOL

So why don't you want to be involved Insider mate? A few people have told me that big headed people and ego driven people are spoiling the forum.....

Surely ego competitions make the forum better in some way as people want to improve to boost and boast their ego also....

I think it will be a shame if you are not involved as you are one of the better forumers....

Hope you change your mind anyway....

Thaught This Thread Was Dusted

First Off I Thaught Tom's Orignal Post Was just For Opinion Sakes & Not An Actual Forumer Of The Year Comp

Anyway I Dont Think This Comp Should'nt Start Till November At Earliest, September Is Too Early

Anyway I Know From Past Exsperience On This Forum The Secound Some1 Says Anything Like Insider just Said, A Group Of No Bodys Follow Suit In Some Kind Of "I'm Too Good For This Comp Anyway, or Even Tough They Know They Might Not Even Make It Into The Comp Anwyay Start Ruling Themselfs Out.

& Start Saying Im Droping Out This Is Useless Etc Etc.. (Im Leaving The Forum Etc Etc..)

Its Only April........ Plenty Of Time For Anyone To MAKE Yaself A Good Forumer & get Into The Comp But ALSO To Maybe Get PAST Rnd 1..

So I Think This Thread Should Be Closed..

(Insider Dont Drop Out Because Some People Feel they Should Be Top 40 & Cant Even Give x-Y-z Reasons Why They Should Be, Your a Much MOre Respected Forum Than That & Will Likly Get Past Any Group Round In The Comp So Dont Drop Out Because of Lesser Forumers Having a Rant..

Guest melbguy1

Why should it be closed?

Just to clarify again, the guys organising this asked us if they could do it, also provided different formats, we all voted and this is the result.

I think that if you feel you should be nominated then by all means use this thread to make your case. As said by many forumers here, there are many different areas to this forum and you may not get noticed by 2 people, that's all. As people have been stating their case the 2 have been rather accomodating imo.

I agree that the thread was started waaay too early, so maybe have a mid-year comp to save the day?

And if you publicaly state here that you don't want to be in the running anymore then you should be struck off the list... that's my opinion anyway.

I Want It Closed For The Reason People Will Start Droping Out It Will Devalue The Competition

Just Taking The Mick Basically, Like The Leaving The Forum Thread

Also Good Thread In The Sence That Maybe If People Were Missed Out They Should Have Been On The List Could Having Given There Point Across As To Why They Should Be In The ""Top 40"" :rolleyes:

But Its Too Early For That, All That Can Be Done Next Oct/Nov

Guest melbguy1

That's fair enough, but I'm confused as to why anyone would drop out. And if them dropping out devalues a forum award then they're not a good forumer.:rolleyes:

That's fair enough' date=' but I'm confused as to why anyone would drop out. And if them dropping out devalues a forum award then they're not a good forumer.:rolleyes:[/quote']

I came on at 4am and saw this rant but decided not to reply...

I think (not sure) when Shels said that one person drops out, people who think are better than they really are get that "too cool for school" feeling and say they drop out for this or that reason, when really it's only to look big headed and a legend.

Changed the wording above for you ' date='still puts the same point across ,but shows more respect to the members that are running this show than your previous comment .

You can have a different opinion and put your view but dont word it confrontational and disrespectful.

Where would you expect to be on it ,then again re look at your 600 plus posts like i just did and ask this question to yourself after ,WHY would i excpect to be classed as a TOP 40 Forumer .

I would also ask this of a lot of others complaining ,re look at where you mainly contribute on the forum ,just look at the membership on the Forum ,so why are there not hundreds up in arms ,i will tell you in the answer to this part ,

[b']and i have never even heard of some of those people[/b]

Well ive been here since early 2006 and while a few of these names you have never heard of i have ,so i thought you must be new because your name was more blank to me than some of theirs, but found i was wrong youve been on forum since middle of 2007 so why didnt your name ring a bell ,so like i said above did a look into where you post on forum ,

95% are based on custom set up threads that you are in or wanting to join ,the other 5% are mainly threads like this ,predict ,players or asking for help on certain things .

Well that explained to me why you havnt heard of some of the above and your name didnt click with me ,the massive bulk of your posting is where none of us are going to post or reply unless in these same set ups ,

Nothing wrong with this ,there are thousands that use the forum same as you ,your all great forumers but i think the reasons why hundreds are not complaining they know what parts they use and not really playing a massive part in helping members,ideas ,constructive threads etc.

Anyway do as i say and re look at your own work ,prove me wrong and tell me how many out of 600 fall into the above criteria and i will humbly apolagise ,

Like i said you and thousands more are great well behaved forumers ,but for the part they play and use it for does not meet the criteria these lads have set and are looking for on here .:)

1. sorry for wording mate, my bad.....

2. and ur right i dont think that i have yet contributed enough things to this forum to be classed in the top 40. sorry for that to....

3. did u read all 600+ of my posts?

4. ur right i mainly do use the setups area, predict, help area and player scout.

5. i will take your advice and now dedacate myself to other helpfull things such as finding talent and info no1 else has found as of yet that will be useful.

6. thanks for ur help mate, i felt ur comment was a bit harsh at first but then i realised that u were just telling it as it was and how i was in the wrong and i respect that. :)

7. rep for you for being so straight forward and telling the facts B)

I feel like a stranger here........im here for what 7 or 8 months and kind of regular to the forum....but still no mentioning of RUUD-17.......

tbh mate just like i got told,

iv only seen u once or twice and i know alot of people better than you.

were very similar, regular but not regular enough and we both havnt contributed enough to the forums yet as the people who got chosen did, anyway its just on one guys opinion so dnt take it personally, i didnt :);):)

Thanks for posting that Shels, you just single handedly assured no one would follow me out of this :P (I'm not being sarcastic, thanks!)

As for why, well I see people trying to make their case who are just trying to gain rep or trying to feel good about themselves.

I've seen negatives about many forumers here, and would just loooooovvvvveeeee to make a countercase :D I'd like to take Sam's idea a step further and create a best-and-worse posts thread of forumers. Basically, if a forumer wants to make his case, we search for his best and worse moments. Make himself accountable for what he says.

Actually, if anyone else thinks he should be recognized, post it. I'd be glad to search older posts, see if I can dig up any dirt.

That being said, Some of them I have lots of respect for, ruud-17 and welshman and joz. You guys keep it up.

EDIT: How about we do run a background check for anyone hoping to be in the competition? I'd be glad to do it? And it would be neutral, cause I know I wouldn't even pass the check :o

Can we have a manager of the year award I'd stand more chance in that :P lol

Looks like this is developing well and enough time before the voting starts to just contentrate on the forum in 2008 and not past years of people, giving people a chance to shine for the rest of this year not having to worry about past "legends" who no longer post or are inactive for a varity of reasons.

If you are not in the Forumers Top 40 and what to know why' date=' then check out this thread and you will find out!

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=22313[/url]

Nice post Matt. Thought I'd actually deserved to be in the top 40 myself but not too bovered, understand it was a difficult job for them. Funny that you said you have to be active, obviously not because Perry81's in there :D

Also think that the amount of post did effect their decisions. I've been here since 2006 and have only recently past 500 posts. Never really spam but I mainly post match reports.

I feel like a stranger here........im here for what 7 or 8 months and kind of regular to the forum....but still no mentioning of RUUD-17.......

Don't feel like a stranger Ruud :),i for one find you a top forumer who has a good knowledge of football which it is all about to be honest.

Also find you to be a top manager who i always like to pit my wits against.In fact i think you will find you will get more satisfaction out of being a top manager than a top forumer;).