Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toggs

Toggs Vs Ross -Vs Tom Pham EC1126 - Transfer News + Match Reports

Guest Toggs

Both me and Ross have decided both to join a side in the newest EC. The challenge could vary but we are both aiming for fairly high teams and to win the title.

The setup is expected to be made at 10AM but if not, then 5PM later that day.

This has been posted on early so it gives anyobdy else who would like to join a chance to post here that they would like to join in and so they have a better chance of getting a decent team.

So if you do then post before then and best of luck getting a team. No Reports before the setup is made please.

Re: Toggs Vs Ross - EC1126 - Transfer News + Match Reports

PHILP UNVEILED AS BOSS AT GOODISON

everton.gif

Ross Philp just moments ago was summoned to the Goodison Park board room after his recent application for the manager's job which was vacant after David Moyes' departure. He was delighted when the chairman told him that he would be the successor to Moyes and that it was his role now.. "to take the team to the top this season".

Philp has said that there are only three players safe at the club, those three being.. Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill and Aiyegbeni Yakubu but they all still may leave. Upon hearing of Jack Thomas' new job at Spurs and their race for the title, Philp says that there is no pressure on him to deliver because he is going for talent, and that may cost a lot but "...give me until next season and you will see the benefits".

Guest Toggs

newspurslogo.jpg

New man at Tottenham

Toggs has been named new manager at London side Tottenham Hotspur. He replaces ex-manager Juande Ramos who was caught stealing Nachos at his local shop and then sacked.

He joins with the target of breaking into the top4. And if the season is going well, that target will only get higher. He has told reporters, ' I know who im after and the players that join will make a difference to this club. I think iwth the steengths and depths of this squad we can challenge every season. '

Guest Toggs

Tottenham Today

tottenham7sf.jpg

Toggs gets busy in market

After a day in the job at Spurs, Toggs has completed the signings of three players.

Matteo Ambrosini

27139.jpg

Fernando Gago

gago.jpg

Julio Cruz

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal

Toggs'es first game in charge couldnt of came much harder. They face a Arsenal team, boosted by the signings of Nasri, Pato and Vela. Managed by a manager of 41 rep, Toggs is confident that he can maybe pick up a point from the match.

Expected Team

--------Robinson--------

--Chimbonda---Woodgate---King---Gilberto--

------Zokora-----Ambrosini-----Gago------

-------Cruz-------Berbatov-----Keane-----

Toggs admits it is both nor the team, or formation he wants but he has to pick up the pieces of his team before a ready squad in Toggs'es eyes can travel to Wigan in midweek.

Expected Score:

Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Arsenal

Toggs will look to Berbatov to kick start his tally tonight

10_front_small.gif50.gif12_front_small.gif

Middlesbrough News

Tom Pham has been appointed as the new manager at the Riverside, replacing Gareth Southgate, who has had a "terrible" time as a manager, unable to reproduce what the previous manager has done for Middlesbrough. The Boro chairman looks at Tom Pham to do the job.

Tom Pham has said that only Stewart Downing, David Wheater and Afonso Alves are safe from the axe. The other players could move anywhere anytime. Pham told the press about his future goals: "This season, I have high hopes for my team to finish in the top 6, if I am able to have a quality squad and by the end of the third season I am in charge, I will take Boro to a Top 2 finish."

Transfer News

In Pham's first day as manager, Boro have pulled off an amazing deal that have got them the world's biggest prospect at the moment, Bojan Krkic. Pham beat Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Wolverhampton Wanderers to his signing, but of course his fee was not cheap, Pham had to fork out 9M as well as seeing Tuncay and Shawki leave the club to join Barcelona. Pham had a few words to say: "I am absolutely delighted in signing Bojan, he is the world's biggest talent and it was worthed every penny that I paid for him. He is the new Lionel Messi."

17802099.jpg

((Bojan, the world's biggest talent joins Boro))

In the other hand, Pham has also signed Jose Maria Guti Pham was also very delighted to have them especially Guti. He said: "Although Guti is already 31 years old, he is the best player on the squad at the moment and will lead Boro to glory. He only cost us 6M & Lee Dong Guk and Mido, so the deal was quite cheap. Guti is the most experienced player in our team, having playing in the Champions League final and the World Cup. I am also giving Guti the captain's armband."

guti.jpg

((The new captain at the Riverside))

Pham has also pulled off another spectacular signing of 20 year old Slovakian central midfielder Marek Hamsik. Hamsik was bought from Brescia last season by Napoli and he has turned into one of the best youngsters in the world and Pham has made one excellent decision to buy him, and he will partner with Guti in the central of midfield. Hamsik's fee was a mere 4M & Julio Arca & Brad Jones. Marek Hamsik said: "I have always dreamed about playing in England. My good friend Martin (Skrtel) said that the atmosphere here is amazing so I chose to agree a deal with Middelsbrough. I will try to help Boro to compete in the title race"

hamsik.jpg

((Hamsik and Guti will make up a very good midfield))

Pham has also signed one more defender and one more striker, naming Mario Balotelli and Nicola Legrottaglie. Both Balotelli and Legrottagile come from Italian clubs and Balotelli is tagged as Inter Milan's best prospect while Legrottaglie has been the rock in Juventus' defense. Balotelli's fee was a mere straight swap with Ross Turnbull and Anthony McMahon while 1.4M and Emmanuel Pogatetz was enough to persuade the Juventus manager to sell Legrottaglie.

20030804MilanJuventusLegrottaglieTrezeguet.jpg

((Legrottaglie will be the rock in Boro's defense))

balotelli.jpg

((Balotelli will be the leading man in the cups alongside Aliadiere))

Match Preview

Middlesbrough will travel to the Midlands to face newly promoted side Birmingham City in the first game of the season. Pham will be hoping to secure all three points at St Andrew's and will have high hopes as Birmingham have not signed anyone yet.

Predicted Line-ups

Mark Schwarzer

Luke Young---Nicola Legrottaglie---David Wheater

Gary O'Neill---Jose Maria Guti---George Boateng---Marek Hamsik---Stewart Downing

Afonso Alves---Bojan Krkic

Maik Taylor

Stuart Parnaby---Liam Ridgewell---Rafael Schmitz---David Murphy

Sebastian Larrson---Damien Johnson---Fabrice Muamba---Gary McSheffrey

James McFadden---Mauro Zarate

Prediction: Boro 2-0 Birmingham City

Guest Toggs

Re: Toggs Vs Ross -Vs Tom Pham EC1126 - Transfer News + Match Reports

tottenham7sf.jpg

Arsenal 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Toggs'es first game in charge saw then go down to a good Arsenal side, but maybe not deservably. The game was at the Emirates and it was lightened up by the London fans as the 8PM kick off looked to be a cracking game.

Kick-Off was upon the 60,160 person crowd, only 200 people away from full attendance. The whlistle blew and Arsenal got the first blow as Gael Clichy slotted home after 9Minutes on the second attempt. They furthered the lead through upfront saviour, Adebayor, who headed home on the 32nd minute. A strike from Robbie Keane left Lehmann standing after 34 Minutes, maybe a way back into the match for Tottenham. Flammini flattered Keane's goal which a superb over-head kick which put Arsenal 3-1 up as they went into the break.

Tottenham found their passage back into the game straight away as Didier Zokora headed home a slick cross from Ambrosini, after 47 Minutes. Tottenham went on to dominate the game, 7 shots on target in the space of 13 Minutes. The attacking pressure came to haunt them though as Arsenal hit them on the counter and Tomas Rosicky finished off the fast move from Arsenal, side-footing home. 4-2 it ended, but Tottenham fans not down-hearted.

This is what Toggs had to comment on, after the match:

Toggs Thomas - 'I think the match could of ended 4-2 to us. The attacking presence of us scared Arsenal but we couldnt finish these moves off. I am happy with the performance the lads gave today and gives me a outline on what i need to improve on during the season.'

Who said the signing had finished ?

It hasnt, Toggs has yet again opened his checkbook to secure the services off yet another 7 players.

Jonathan De Guzman - 0k + Lennon & Assou-Ekotto

img.142270_t.jpg

Geraldo Wendell - 2M + Gilberto & Kaboul

6981.jpg

Sandro Alex Silva - 1.1M + Woodgate & Boateng

4403.jpg

Vieria Marcelo - 3M + Malbranque & Chimbonda

borriello-drugs-00.jpg

Marco Borriello - 0k + Darren Bent

Also, Nicolas Millan and Martin Galvan (Youngsters) Joined from Colo Colo and Cruz Azul respectably.

Toggs is still reportably after 2 more players, a midfielder and a defender, both rated over 90. Good news then from Tottenham as midweek's game against Wigan beckens.

Guest Toggs

Two more unvailed

_41327246_tottenham_badge203.gif

Tottenham have completed the signatures of yet antoher 2 signings, and they both look to make a massive impact on the team:

951260308-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-qualifying-group-g-holland-v.jpg

John Hentinga

Joins from Ajax for a fee that cost Toggs 600k + Chris Gunter and Alan Hutton. He looks to spearhead the defense, either Cb or RB.

12392.jpg

Maxi Rodriguez

Maxi Rodriguez is now arguably Tottenham's best player and he will be looked for in the mdifield, supporting Cruz and Berbatov.

Expect antoher two tommorow, then the spending stops :)

Middlesbrough News

Birmingham City 2-2 Middlesbrough

Tom Pham's side travel to the Midlands to face Reiss Hill's Birmingham City, hoping to secure all three points. Both teams fielded their strongest team and for Middlesbrough, Bojan, Guti, Hamsik and Legrottaglie were making their debuts while Birmingham have had no new signings up until now. Middlesbrough chose the 3-5-2 formation while Birmingham played their traditional 4-4-2.

In the tenth minute, 21 year old centre back David Wheater scores a controversial goal when he was in an offside position, he then races through and nets the ball in. For minutes after the dubious decision by the linesman, Birmingham players were still complaining, but Wheater still gets his goal. David Wheater is Middlesbrough's third youngest player on the field, and has been called up to the English National Team once.

76332687_300_300x400.jpg

((David Wheater scores a controversial goal))

Not too long after, in the 20th minute, ex-Everton striker James McFadden nods the ball home when a dangerous corner by Nafti is whipped in. McFadden and Zarate is Birmingham's first choice strike partner and both have proved to play very well together. McFadden scores his first goal of the season, and he will have many more.

((McFadden nods the ball home))

12 minutes before the break, Stewart Downing makes a mark of his own when he scores an amazing goal, from a foraging run and wonderful strike, Downing proves himself to be one of Boro's best players at the moment, and claims that he is the one of best left midfielder in England. All of Boro's fans were wild and Birmingham fans had to stand up and applaud for that beautiful strike.

StewartDowning_468x568.jpg

((Downing scores an amazing strike))

Six minutes after the hour mark, Mauro Zarate pushed a smart through ball between Luke Young and Nicola Legrottaglie when Mehdi Nafti runs through and then dummies Mark Schwarzer to slide the ball into the empty net. Mehdi Nafti is one of Tunisia's best players and has played for Birmingham quite a long time. Nafti wins the MoM Award for scoring this goal.

400x400_MehdiNaftiNew.jpg

((Nafti completely paralyzed the whole of Boro's defense))

Bojan Krkic Injured, Pham Comments

Middlesbrough's most expensive signing, Bojan Krkic has been injured. Although he is injured, it is not too long and he will be back for the game against Chelsea on 19th of April, but he is unable to attend the game against Newcastle United. Because of Krkic's injury, he will be replaced by French forward Jeremie Aliadiere. Tom Pham comments on the injury: "Krkic's foot injury is not too serious, we are not concerned. We have Jeremie to fit into his place for the game against Newcastle at the Riverside. We hope that Krkic will be available for the Chelsea game."

tre3.jpg

((Bojan will be out until 18th of April))

Tom Pham had a few words to say about the game that they just played against Birmingham City: "We should have won the game. We held the ball 65% of the time, shot 15 times and missed a few good chances. About David's goal, I did not see it and I have no comment about it."

Table

Arsenal

West Ham United

Aston Villa

Chelsea

---------------------------

Blackburn Rovers

Manchester United

Birmingham City

Middlesbrough

Fulham

Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers

Newcastle United

Portsmouth

Wigan Athletic

Liverpool

Reading

Derby County

----------------------------

Manchester City

Tottenham Hotspur

Everton

Middlesbrough News

Middlesbrough 4-1 Newcastle United

Tom Pham's side travel back home to Riverside to face Newcastle United in the second round of the Premier League. In the first round, Boro drew 2-2 against Birmingham City at St Andrew's and Newcastle had a goal-less draw at home against Bolton Wanderers. Middlesbrough do not have the services of Krkic Bojan due to injury and he will be replaced by Jeremie Aliadiere otherwise, the team was unchanged.

In the tenth minute, French replacement Jeremie Aliadiere opened his goalscoring account after he slots it home after some neat footwork, scoring Boro's third goal of the season. Aliadiere got his second goal fourteen minutes from time when he collected the ball from the right wing, skips inside Habib Beye and curls in a shot from 25 yards, completing his brace

aladiere_280x390_373861a.jpg

((Aliadiere gets a brace))

Newcastle United got the equalizer in the 32nd minute when centre back Habib Beye collects a neat long ball in the middle of the field and drills in a right foot shot on Schwarzer's top corner, immobilizing the keeper.

((Habib Beye equalizes))

Nine minutes into the second half, Marek Hamsik gets himself his first Middlesbrough goal, just in his second game for the club. Hamsik rounds experienced keeper Shay Given and finishes at an acute angle although under pressure by Francois Clerc. Hamsik also wins the MoM Award this game, scoring an eight out of ten.

hamsik.jpg

((Marek Hamsik scores his first for Boro))

With four minutes to go, Stewart Downing adds another goal to his goal tally, getting his second in two games. Downing's goal this time was far from beautiful compared to the last one but a goalmouth scramble is enough for Downing to add to his tally.

DOWNING_S_20050209_MM_R.jpg

((Stewart Downing gets his second in two))

Table

Blackburn Rovers 6 pts

Chelsea 6 pts

Manchester United 6 pts

Middlesbrough 4 pts

Birmingham City 4 pts

West Ham United 4 pts

Bolton Wanderers 4 pts

Arsenal 3 pts

Aston Villa 3 pts

Everton 3 pts

Wigan Athletic 2 pts

Derby County 1 pt

Manchester City 1 pt

Portsmouth 1 pt

Tottenham Hotspur 1 pt

Newcastle United 1 pt

Sunderland 1 pt

Liverpool 0 pts

Reading 0 pts

Guest Toggs

Birningham City 1-5 Tottenham Hotspur

Goals from Berbatov (2), King, De Guzman and Wendell won the game for us. Berby with the MoM. Win takes us up to 11th and is our first win of the season.

Big report coming probs Saturday as i look to spend again already :)