Greatest Footballing side ever

Re: Greatest Footballing side ever

the teams I have really seen as my best to watch was Ac Milan in the days when they destroyed Barca 4-0 in that final I used to tune in on Ch4 every saturday to watch Italian football to watch my Milan I remember seeing Marco Van B score 4 goals in the CL past Gothenborg, one being an over head kick was class.

Then I really liked George Weah even tho most aint a fan because of his EPL nightmare (he was past it then as are most when they come over) but he was brilliant imo.

Loved watching Barca the last few years in the CL mainly and Arsenal are a joy to watch in the EPL.

I'll let you know when it a EPL hate post :)

I think that with the calibre of teams being mentioned' date=' yes even that Liverpool side and I really enjoyed watching that Man U side, that comparing them to the current Arsenal squad is a bit of a stretch.. Especially when I thought the previous Arsenal side (Henry, Bergkamp) was much beter to watch.[/quote']

Yeah, thats team is included in the Wenger era I'm talking about.....

Guest the plummer

Tbh a have still to see a great footballing side:o

A barley watch much football , only the odd game on super sunday

but i do wotch every scottish premier league game every week buttt

ermm "footballing" a dont think their is a team bar rangers celtic

but long ball teams they are plenty:D:D

But saying that , hibs two season ago where top notch:p

the teams I have really seen as my best to watch was Ac Milan in the days when they destroyed Barca 4-0 in that final I used to tune in on Ch4 every saturday to watch Italian football to watch my Milan I remember seeing Marco Van B score 4 goals in the CL past Gothenborg' date=' one being an over head kick was class.

[b']Then I really liked George Weah even tho most aint a fan because of his EPL nightmare (he was past it then as are most when they come over) but he was brilliant imo.

[/b]

Loved watching Barca the last few years in the CL mainly and Arsenal are a joy to watch in the EPL.

Georgie Weah..=...LEGEND....

I watched plenty of him at AC and they used to have a tribute to him on Transworld Sport every week sometime ago I remember....

Tey showed goals scored by him for Liberia and there were loads of good goals

Guest melbguy1

Yeah' date=' thats team is included in the Wenger era I'm talking about.....[/quote']

:( To be a good forumer I must read the whole post :)

"So yeah, I would include Arsenal's current side...!"

put me off

I guess you do need results as well as play pretty football in order to be mentioned with that Milan Team, Brazilian team or that Man U team.

But yes, I have enjoyed watching Arsenal play for a while now, especially the Henry, Berkamp era.

Guest the plummer

Georgie Weah..=...LEGEND....

I watched plenty of him at AC and they used to have a tribute to him on Transworld Sport every week sometime ago I remember....

Tey showed goals scored by him for Liberia and there were loads of good goals

Geoorge Weah?

Never Saw Him Play But He Was The Best Player On Prem Manager 98 and once i saved up enough to buy him for my Liverpool , he was hopeless for me and got me the sack

never forgave him =/

Sorry had to take my anger out on someone:p

Geoorge Weah?

Never Saw Him Play But He Was The Best Player On Prem Manager 98 and once i saved up enough to buy him for my Liverpool ' date=' he was hopeless for me and got me the sack

never forgave him =/

Sorry had to take my anger out on someone:p[/quote']

George Weah Was A Great Player I Had A Shirt With Him On But I Gave It To My Dog Which He Wears In Pride :D

IMO Man utd play some amazing football aswell.

Once they counter its just superb to watch them and noone can say they dont counter attack pretty sometimes i cant get enough of there counter attacks.

I only slightly enjoy watching Man Utd when Ronaldo plays, if he isn't then they just look like a average premiership side who manage to get good results almost every game.

the only other thing people have to remember is when comparing say Man Utd & Arsenal of today against, Leeds, LFC, Man Utd and co of the past is today the pithces are like bowling greens and as for the balls themselves...

Could the likes of Stevie G, Fabrigas and co pass so well with a brick ball on a muddy pitch? Everytime a top team plays on a slightly poor pitch now a days they have a bad game and blame the pitch.

Not to mention the likes of Best had to dodge people trying to take him out on a reg basis with "proper" tackles, were as Ronaldo and co now a days are more or less wrapped in cotton wool

Guest the plummer

the only other thing people have to remember is when comparing say Man Utd & Arsenal of today against' date=' Leeds, LFC, Man Utd and co of the past is today the pithces are like bowling greens and as for the balls themselves...

Could the likes of Stevie G, Fabrigas and co pass so well with a brick ball on a muddy pitch? Everytime a top team plays on a slightly poor pitch now a days they have a bad game and blame the pitch.

Not to mention the likes of Best had to dodge people trying to take him out on a reg basis with "proper" tackles, were as Ronaldo and co now a days are more or less wrapped in cotton wool[/quote']

Thats actaully a really good point

makes you wonder:rolleyes: