Benzema Overrated

Guest BrandonBurrows

Benzema Overrated  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest BrandonBurrows

I think he is overrated for sure. He is only twenty and he is a 93 :eek:

Obviously being only twenty he hasn't got that much experience compared to other stikers of the same rating. Lets put this into context

Karim Benzema 20, 93

Dimitar Berbatov 27, 93

Mario Gomez 22, 93

Diego Milito 28, 93

Is he really on the same level as these three? I don't think so.

Also

Vincenzo Iaquinta 28, 92

Emmanuel Adebayor 24, 92

Robbie Keane 27, 92

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 24, 92

Nicolas Anelka 29, 92

Is SM seriously telling us he is better than these five experienced players? In my opinion he is definitely not better than Huntelaar, Anelka or Adebayor.

Re: Benzema Overrated

He is a great player first team for Lyon in the champions league

Vincenzo Iaquinta (Dosent Play A Lot, Juventus Not In CL)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Yeah Should Be 93)

Robbie Keane (Tottneham Arent Doing Well, Not In CL)

Benzema is a great player targetted by some of the best teams in The World

I think Benzema is far better then any of these players you have named. Have you seen him play?

This guy is Class. Man Utd, Barcelona and many others are interested in him but Lyon said it would cost them 50M for him to go anywhere.

The only way Benzema is overrated is that he doesnt pass on SkySports.

That is it. There is NO other argument.

I don't understand that comment. Do you mean he doesn't pass the ball when he's on Sky?

I think he could just of easily have been given a 92 this time, and while a 93 is generous, he is a hell of a talent, and will undoubtedly be a 95+ player in the future.

I think he is overrated for sure. He is only twenty and he is a 93 :eek:

Obviously being only twenty he hasn't got that much experience compared to other stikers of the same rating. Lets put this into context

Karim Benzema 20' date=' 93[/b']

Dimitar Berbatov 27, 93

Mario Gomez 22, 93

Diego Milito 28, 93

Is he really on the same level as these three? I don't think so.

Also

Vincenzo Iaquinta 28, 92

Emmanuel Adebayor 24, 92

Robbie Keane 27, 92

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 24, 92

Nicolas Anelka 29, 92

Is SM seriously telling us he is better than these five experienced players? In my opinion he is definitely not better than Huntelaar, Anelka or Adebayor.

Adebayor better than Benzema??? Your having a laugh mate, Benzema is a regular for France and Lyon and has been scoring alot of Goals while Adebayor (who i think is overrated) is also inexperienced because this being his first season as a Arsenal starter throughout the whole season(May have 20 goals but his finishing is poor). IMO Benzema is a way better player in ALL aspects.

I don't really understand where this thread has come from....:confused:

Why would if not the best then one of the best young players in the WORLD be overrated? You say his experience should mean he is lower than 93? Why?

He has proved he can score goals in Ligue 1(not the best quality in there I know but still) and he can score in Europe too...

IMO he is worth 93 for sure

Yeh this is stupid i mean benzema is one of the best striker in the World ATM he can score alot of goals. He showed that in europe eg Man utd or in Legaue 1.

Hes strong, fast and knows what hes doing. When lyon played Man utd I thought Benzema was by miles the best lyon player Home and Away. He still got a long furture and im sure he will be one day 95+

Yeh this is stupid i mean benzema is one of the best striker in the World ATM he can score alot of goals. He showed that in europe eg Man utd or in Legaue 1.

Hes strong' date=' fast and knows what hes doing. When lyon played Man utd I thought Benzema was by miles the best lyon player Home and Away. He still got a long furture and im sure he will be one day 95+[/quote']

The frightening thing is he's gonna get better and better,he's only bloody 20 and look how good he is!

The frightening thing is he's gonna get better and better' date='he's only bloody 20 and look how good he is![/quote']

Just hope he stays injury free and he will be AWESOME!!!

I think he needs to move to a team in a better League though to go much higher than he is now.....Ligue 1 is not the best for me...

Guest melbguy1

I think that the key word here is experience. I'm not gonna get into this particular Benzema debate cause I'll come out looking like an idiot:o

It does appear that experience, instead of adding points to players actually reduces their ratings (except for those special EPL teams that they watch).

As a manager, would you choose a 20 year old player who is doing great things or a 34 year old who does great things and has been doing it for 15 years under many different situations? Considering you have access to every player and it's for a one off game tomorrow.

I think that is part of the topic... i think

Hi BrandonBurrows. Benzema is definately not overrated. Have you actually watched him play this season? He is something special. I think you are getting bogged down with the experience factor too much. Yes, he is only 20 but he possesses more ability than all the strikers you have mentioned there. If he can hit 21 goals with Lyon, can you imagine what he could hit playing with a team like United who have players like Carrick, Scholes and Anderson to feed him?

I understand what you are saying about experience but his potential is sky-high. Coupled with the fact that he has scored a lot for Lyon this season and is now a regular for the France team, he fully deserves his 93.

Guest melbguy1

I think that potential is a little overrated. Potential is reflected in the players SM value, but I don't think it should play a part in ratings but in some cases I think it does.

No Way!! You are just saying that he is young so he shouldn't be rated high??:eek: Obviously you don't watch the French league and never watched Benzema playing and scoring.

According to your theory of "he's too young to be 93" then Cesc should be no were near a 95, and messi 97, oh that must be high for you...

Mate nowadays the young are the best. Benzema is in the top 3 or strikers in the world now. . (Fabiano, Torres, Messi may be better only)

Benzema 93 is just good now and in the next rating change he should be 94/95

No Way!! You are just saying that he is young so he shouldn't be rated high??:eek: Obviously you don't watch the French league and never watched Benzema playing and scoring.

According to your theory of "he's too young to be 93" then Cesc should be no were near a 95' date=' and messi 97, oh that must be high for you...

Mate nowadays the young are the best. Benzema is in the top 3 or strikers in the world now. . (Fabiano, Torres, Messi may be better only)

Benzema 93 is just good now and in the next rating change he should be 94/95[/quote']

I agree with you there mate there are alot of youngsters who already have got some experience. If barca was to play chelsea in the CL final and then ronaldinho is not even on form but he got experience and messi dont and if they put ronaldinho on thats abit stupid i mean why would you play a **** player with experience with a player who has got only few experince but whos miles better then the **** player.

I think that potential is a little overrated. Potential is reflected in the players SM value' date=' but I don't think it should play a part in ratings but in some cases I think it does.[/quote']

I agree that potential can be exaggerated but with regards to Benzema he lives up to all the hype surrounding him. He has pace, great positional sense, power and a fantastic ability to lose his markers. I think he has everything. Experience can be overrated too. Just because you have played a lot more international/club games than someone else does not make you better. In no way am I saying experience is worthless (which it most definitely is not) rather I'm just trying to say that sometimes potential can beat experience if there is enough of it - in regards to Benzema I think there is more than enough. Take Xavi and Fabregas as an example as they are both similar players. Xavi is clearly the more experienced of these two. He is one of the most capped players for Barcelona and has a sizeable amount of caps for Spain. He is also 8 years older than Fabregas. Despite this, there is certainly no gulf in class between the two. In fact, they have played roughly the same amount of games this season and Fabregas has scored 4 more goals and provided a staggering 21 assists compared to Xavi's 6.