Benzema Overrated

Guest BrandonBurrows

Benzema Overrated  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Benzema Overrated

Sorry' date=' used a french structure, making it a Frenchism.

I meant he isn't shown on Sky Sports. Brits arn't exposed to his play.[/quote']

Right, I get it know. Yeah, apart from Champions League there's very little chance for folks in England to get to see this guy play. I've not seen a lot of him, but what I've seen suggests he'll be a star. He's got strength, pace, very good positioning for a 20 year old, and no shortage of skill.

When I first heard of him he was being compared to Zidane, but he's a completely different kind of player. From what I've seen he seems to have more in common with the style of Anelka, only without the attitude.

Guest melbguy1

I agree that potential can be exaggerated but with regards to Benzema he lives up to all the hype surrounding him. He has pace' date=' great positional sense, power and a fantastic ability to lose his markers. I think he has everything. Experience can be overrated too. Just because you have played a lot more international/club games than someone else does not make you better. In no way am I saying experience is worthless (which it most definitely is not) rather I'm just trying to say that sometimes potential can beat experience if there is enough of it - in regards to Benzema I think there is more than enough. Take Xavi and Fabregas as an example as they are both similar players. Xavi is clearly the more experienced of these two. He is one of the most capped players for Barcelona and has a sizeable amount of caps for Spain. He is also 8 years older than Fabregas. Despite this, there is certainly no gulf in class between the two. In fact, they have played roughly the same amount of games this season and Fabregas has scored 4 more goals and provided a staggering 21 assists compared to Xavi's 6.[/quote']

Yeah, I like the explanation and agree with your examples, but there are many more where 'potential' has an effect on ratings. I know alot of people that would pick a fully fit Maldini over half of the players rated above him.

Benzema in no way is overrated. The only other lads his age I feel have more potential might be Messi and Aguero. He is one of the best strikers in the world and probably France's fastest rising star. He is definitely the best player in France at the moment with Lyon

ribery and henry are both better to name 2

suppose' date=' but neither is SPL apart from Celtic and Rangers and they aint the best[/quote']

but u cant rate benzema 93 or juninho 95 when week in week out there playin against 86-89s. its the same in the spl the only playa hu cud be 92 is mcgeady

but u cant rate benzema 93 or juninho 95 when week in week out there playin against 86-89s. its the same in the spl the only playa hu cud be 92 is mcgeady

You can rate them when they play WELL against Champions League teams like Man Utd and other big teams...

You can rate them when they play WELL against Champions League teams like Man Utd and other big teams...

celtic beat milan nd utd coulda beaten barca.. wats the difference? lyon lost to rangers at home 3-0 nd then beat them away 3-0 so there not exactly consistent either and they got as far as celtic this year so

celtic beat milan nd utd coulda beaten barca.. wats the difference? lyon lost to rangers at home 3-0 nd then beat them away 3-0 so there not exactly consistent either and they got as far as celtic this year so

I'm not debating with you, I'm just saying that Benzema is and deserves to be a 93 rated player!!

He is a regular International for a good International team like France and scores a shed load of goals...

Thats enough for me..

Guest melbguy1

suppose' date=' but neither is SPL apart from Celtic and Rangers and they aint the best[/quote']

I don't think neither of those teams have a 93 rated player.

Point being, is he a 93 because of what he has done, and is it against quality opposition... or is it because of his potential. I have no problems in saying he has potential of being a 95+ players... some day.

He's only scored 3 goals for France, 1 in a friendly and the other 2 against Faroe Islands. 4 goals in CL. And the rest in a lowly rated (by SM itself) league.

Is he good? yeah, of course I think he is, but to say he has 'proven' that he is better then my beloved Del Piero is wrong.. imo anyway.

I don't think neither of those teams have a 93 rated player.

Point being' date=' is he a 93 because of what he has done, and is it against quality opposition... or is it because of his potential. I have no problems in saying he has potential of being a 95+ players... some day.

He's only scored 3 goals for France, 1 in a friendly and the other 2 against Faroe Islands. 4 goals in CL. And the rest in a lowly rated (by SM itself) league.

Is he good? yeah, of course I think he is, but to say he has 'proven' that he is better then my beloved Del Piero is wrong.. imo anyway.[/quote']

well sed mate

Guest melbguy1

your obviously gonna say that your a juventus fan (i guess by the pic) imo he is better than del piero the last time i herd del piero was when he scored in was it the semis of the world cup

and what a lovely goal it was. And yes it was a semi-final in the World Cup, not a EURO 2008 qualifier against Faroe Islands. Anyways, your missing the point, I'm not saying he is better or not better then Del Piero, I just don't think he has 'proven' that he is ouright better then him....yet.

Okay, I probably am going too much on potential.....

But I think the French Ligue 1 is better than the SPL and if everyone says McGeady is the only player in the SPL capable of hitting 92 then Benzema, playing in a better League IMO deserves a better rating as he is the best player in France......

I did say earlier that he will need to leave France to increase any more...

Okay' date=' I probably am going too much on potential.....

But I think the French Ligue 1 is better than the SPL and if everyone says McGeady is the only player in the SPL capable of hitting 92 then Benzema, playing in a better League [b']IMO[/b] deserves a better rating as he is the best player in France......

I did say earlier that he will need to leave France to increase any more...

like to man utd :D:rolleyes:;)