Federico Macheda - Man Utd

Guest Atkin

Re: Federico Macheda - Man Utd

I must admit though' date=' the hype for Mellor wasn't quite as much as it was for Rooney. Also, I don't think Rooney came out of the blue, as you put it, as much as you suggest. Rooney was hailed the best player in their FA Youth Cup winning team (I think they won), before he started making substitute apearances at the start of the following season. Obviously, it was the Arsenal goal that really propelled him into the limelight.![/quote']

This paragraph ties Rooney to Macheda all the more. For people who follow football closely, neither are out of the blue, Rooney had his youth run, Macheda has had his reserve run. Both were known within their ranks as having a special ability, but to the layperson, the they were unknown. Both have opened their careers with screamers, and one is now one of the best players in the world. We shall see if the other follows suit.

If he acted the way he did i wouldnt like him' date=' if he was at Liverpool he wouldnt be so up himself hes a ronaldo copy and you'll see soon.[/quote']

Hmmmmm....i see someone is jealous. :P

Nah, just kidding mate. But i really would not call him cocky. The kid scored one of the most vital goals for United this season on his debut, and the goal was bloody brilliant !!! And as Allan said, if any of us were in his place we would have done crazier stuff. ;):)

Because SM recently cut all teams cash as a way of giving cash a bigger value' date=' so it's very unlikely any clubs even have £99.9mil anymore.[/quote']

Not all teams' cash, just Gold Championship teams that I am aware of. Plus, it would have been fairly easy to raise £99m by now in some GCs.

I still won't be spending £99m on him. I think people are getting way too excited by one appearance. He looked good but he might not get a decent run in the Utd side, ever.

I still won't be spending £99m on him. I think people are getting way too excited by one appearance. He looked good but he might not get a decent run in the Utd side' date=' ever.[/quote']

It is unlikely he will break into the first team considering United have so many wingers. He will probably be loaned out to a championship side next season to gain experience and then who knows, maybe he could be the next best thing!

He's a striker though isn't he? I assume they used him as a winger though? I am pretty sure he is an out and out central striker (also backed up by his listing), but has the technique to play as a winger.

It's bidding time. Easy pickings for two of the three leagues I am in.

Some of you bagging him speak so much ****. You have to drag him down.

Man Utd won't just steal these players for nothing. You just wait and see. They won't need Rooney once he gets up and going.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but Macheda has been put on the database at 80 ! :eek: For one appearance in the senior team, albeit he scored, I think SM have over-rated him big style.

Does anyone know why they have put him so high ?

Guest Spleet

Yesterday he scored in his debut for the first team of Manchester United in the match against Aston Villa.

He scored the winning 3-2 in the third minute in extra time.

He got his chance at the first team because with the reserves, he made 8 goals in 8 matches, including a hattrick against Newcastle United.

Well I wont get ahead of myself with this player. One great performance doesnt make him the next Rooney. 80 is quite high - not exactly a bargain for all we've seen of him. He might never put in as good a performance again.. but I might snap him up in some set-ups where I dont have to pay crazy prices to get him.. :)

SM probably stuck him on the DB already to save having to deal with 50,000 people asking where is he :P

80 for 30 minutes of football?

Thought it was 450?

Exactly i wanted some Mexican dude added who'd played 4 and scored 3 got added on the day of the changes at 77 B) now he's 83 but still not fair really this happened with Fabio but he wasnt added at such a stupid rating

Exactly i wanted some Mexican dude added who'd played 4 and scored 3 got added on the day of the changes at 77 B) now he's 83 but still not fair really this happened with Fabio but he wasnt added at such a stupid rating

I agree with Syn here, 30 minutes for a rating of 80? Not to be naggy but I also thought it was 450?

I agree with Syn here' date=' 30 minutes for a rating of 80? Not to be naggy but I also thought it was 450?[/quote']

It should be but this seems to happen a lot with players in the big 4 but a rating of 80 for one goal is outrages if SM are gonna keep finding a way past their rule maybe cos their United fans its stupid they may as well take the rule away and if Last Minute goals get you an 80 Benayoun is a shoe in for 98 ;):D:p

ive got a animation of him kissing the camer but it wont let me have it as my ava' can someone make it smaller to fit the file size please i will rep :D

bowen-2.gif

where did you find that :P?

im a Liverpool fan, but i have to say it was a hell of a goal

the 450 bit is a guideline. the fact they added him saves 50' date='000 tickets asking where he is[/quote']

repped, sheerly cause its good yo know someone else has to keep posting this message too and its not just cause hes united

ive got a animation of him kissing the camer but it wont let me have it as my ava' can someone make it smaller to fit the file size please i will rep :D

bowen-2.gif

If you tell me the size of the avatar ill reduce it so you can upload it.

Done 130' date=' not sure if thats right?

[img']http://i40.tinypic.com/1hp6vs.gif[/img]

chers you 2 for having ago but as u said it wont work' date=' is there anyway i could have it smaller or something ill rep u both now ;)[/quote']

Hey, I reduced it down to 51kb.

But it only has an 8 colour palette so it looks a bit grainy. Unfortunately the original images for the gif are hard to reduce without losing quality.

2i0axoz.gif

:(