U-17 UEFA Championship

borogz

Re: U-17 UEFA Championship

That's the problem' date=' they've got a reputation to maintain. Still this just shows that Turkey's future players will be very good. Did Arda play for the U-17 turkish squad?[/quote']

We will see how they back up there performances tonight against scotland.

Arda didnt play for the squad the other night, as isnt he 21??? maybe i have the wrong Arda?, but no Arda played the other night.

We will see how they back up there performances tonight against scotland.

Arda didnt play for the squad the other night' date=' as isnt he 21??? maybe i have the wrong Arda?, but no Arda played the other night.[/quote']

I hope they do well.

About Arda, I meant when he was younger. Do you know if he did mate?

I hope they do well.

About Arda' date=' I meant when he was younger. Do you know if he did mate?[/quote']

Ok after a bit of research, he did play in the u-17 turkish side when he was younger. he played all the qualifying matches of the 2003-2004 campiagn with the final competition which was held in France. Though he played in all the qaulifying matches he helped them progress all the way to the finals he didnt play in the finals at all (must have been to old by this stage) so he didnt actually end up playing at an U-17 championship, this could be shown in turkeys results with only winning 1 and losing 2 of the qualifying games.

Ok after a bit of research' date=' he did play in the u-17 turkish side when he was younger. he played all the qualifying matches of the 2003-2004 campiagn with the final competition which was held in France. Though he played in all the qaulifying matches he helped them progress all the way to the finals he didnt play in the finals at all (must have been to old by this stage) so he didnt actually end up playing at an U-17 championship, this could be shown in turkeys results with only winning 1 and losing 2 of the qualifying games.[/quote']

Great work, I can tell that you put some effort into finding this info. Rep for you mate.

Just thought i would bring this thread back up seeing how the comp starts in only a few days time.

This tournament is a great indicator as to future success' date=' with past player of the tournament being:

2007: Bojan Krkić

2006: Toni Kroos

2005: Nuri Şahin

2004: Cesc Fabregas

2003: David Rodríguez

2002: Wayne Rooney

So apart from David Rodriguez, they have all gone to create a name for themselves. (some more so then others)[/quote']

wat happended to david rodriguez any information???guys??

wat happended to david rodriguez any information???guys??

There is info about him in this very thread, a few posts down.

Also note Tore Gokhan for Turkey - their number 10. We (Malta U/17) will be playing Turkey in the qualifiers for this competition of 09 (we play them in September), and he will be there, as he's a year younger than the others this year. I spoke to him in our Easter tournament (again, Turkey were involved) and he said he was moving to Chelsea in the summer:eek: Interesting to see what happens of him - but hey, being the number 10 in a team older than you says something :rolleyes:

Abdülkadir Kayalı

The captain of the Turkish U-17 side was born on 31 October 1991 was the maestro in the centre of midfield in their 3-0 win against Netherlands. He has already made his debut for his side MKE Ankaragücü against Kasımpaşa SK in the Turkish Super Lig, but isnt on the SM database. He had a trial at Manchester City last year, but due to being under 16 at the time a deal was not done. He is now on the SM database.

Born: 30 January 1991

Nationality: Turkish

Position: Central Midfield (CM)

Foot: Right

Rating: 72

692249_mediumsquare.jpg

Batuhan Karadeniz

In August last year this player became the youngest-ever debutant at 16 years and 115 days when he played for his Beşiktaş JK, he scored a week later to set the youngest ever goal scorer award in the Turkish Super Lig.

This season so far he has managed 11 sub appearances for a total of 154 minutes with 1 goal.

He made his UEFA Champions League debut on 29 August 2007 in Beşiktaş' 2-0 win over FC Zurich, making a substitute appearance in the 92nd minute.

He is known for his goal scoring abilities, his positioning and for his heading. The Turkish media has labelled him one of the most promising young players in Europe. Recently he has been linked with a move away from Turkey with the usual suspests being mentioned, Real Madrid, Valencia, Arsenal and prob every other team that have scouts at this tournament! During the summer transfer window Beşiktaş had tried to make a loan deal with German 2 division side F.C. Köln but due to him still being 17 it fell through as the German Federation said a football must be over 18 to be transferred with a professional contract. (first mentioned in the talent section by Ricardo Kaka)

He is on the SM DB

Born: 24 April 1991

Nationality: Turkish

Position: Striker (F)

Foot: Right

Rating: 80

29539_1210110034.jpg

What's been the Scotland scores?

Has Scott Robinson or Scott Durie played any matches for them?

Lost to Serbia 2-0 and today lost to Turkey 1-0. Durie made 2 starts, and Robinson came off the bench today.

Big game tonight: Spain vs France :D K.O. 19:00 GMT

Lost to Serbia 2-0 and today lost to Turkey 1-0. Durie made 2 starts' date=' and Robinson came off the bench today.

Big game tonight: Spain vs France :D K.O. 19:00 GMT[/quote']

France 3-3 Spain final whistle. With Tafer (11'), Grenier (43'), Remi (48'), scoring for France, and Thiago (31') (67'), and Pulido (45') for Spain.

Great work mate.Did Ireland get beat?

Yup, they lost. Republic of Ireland 0-1 Switzerland; by an own goal from Gunning (49').

P.S: I hope it's ok with you borogz if I get to answer the match results at least when people want to know.

P.S: I hope it's ok with you borogz if I get to answer the match results at least when people want to know.

All good mate' date=' its good to see the thread getting used.;)

So to update after last nights games

Scotland played Turkey with Turkey coming away with the win, to headed goal by Emrah Yollu. Batuhan Karadeniz also had a number of opportunities to score but was unable to score, he was such a strong presence for the turkish side upfront with a thunderbolt strike to boot!, playing more as a CF than the F in SM, is defiantly one to get while you can. During the game he received the ball in midfield around the circle and did an bicycle kick pass to his teammate that ran onto the ball up near the corner:eek: it was a freak pass:eek: Only down side to him is that he can be a bit selfish sometimes and shoots when a pass or cross is much more likely to help his team.

Archie Campbell did have a great chance to equalise late in the first half, after showing some great pace and touch to get past two defenders but managed to absolutly fluff his shoot wide. John Fleck was unable to provide the spark that Scotland needed but play the role of playmaker during the game moving the ball around well.

Unfortunatly Republic of Ireland was knocked out by an own goal from Gavin Gunning.:eek: Though to Switzerlands credit there were dominant for most of the game. The Swiss keeper Borkovic had a decent game making some good saves.

In the game of the tournament so far, France led three times only for Spain to equal after every goal. Yannis Tafer scored another goal to go with his one from last game but it was cancelled out by the Thiago who had a terrific game scoring two goals and showed why he is considered in spain to be a future national player. Grenier in this game showed why most of europe is after his signature, scoring a goal and providing a creative influence in midfield.

Grenier had made some early breaks in similiar fashion so did Spain's Keko. Tafer's second goal of the tournament came after collecting a pass from French Captain Gueida Fofana. Thiago from a free kick threaded his shot through a crowded penatly box. Grenier's scored with a strike from 20 metres out after putting his foot through the ball! Gael Kakuta almost made it 4-2 but his shot hit the woodwork. Spain as usual played a terrific passing game with swift passing through midfield, but the french side were more physically dominant

Geoffry Castillion gave Netherlands the victory over Serbia with a strike late in the first half. After Castiallion's goal Serbia did dominant for large parts of the game but to a great game by Jeroen Zoet the Dutch keeper the Netherlands were able to hold onto victory. Castillion seems a player that is capable of flashes of brilliance but then 5 min later is able to miss a shot with an open goal. This was shown in the second half when he broke trhough Serbia's backline only to fire his shot wide. Aleksic the future Serbian star, again put in a great performance and if it was not for Jeroen Zoet could have had more goals to his name.

[center']Jeroen Zoet

Born on 6th, January 1991 he is currently playing at PSV youth side A1, the Dutch U-17 keeper had a terrific game against Serbia with him and Castillion being the difference between the two sides. He managed to stopped a number of shots from Serbia's Aleksic with great saves coming from Aleksic's free kicks. If Netherlands are to get through to the Semi Finals it will because of Zoet's keeping. He follows in the line of the great dutch keepers, must be something they put in the water over there:rolleyes: lol. He hasnt played any first team football at PSV yet but might get a few appearances next season. So he is currently not on the DB.

692958_mediumsquare.jpg[/center]

Abdülkadir Kayalı, who i talk about a few posts ago ^^^^^^ will be added to the SM database either today or tomorrow. So keep an eye out for him and pick him up. If he doesnt get a transfer move this summer after his performances so far for Turkey he will surely start to get some more appearances for his side MKE Ankaragücü. Will post rating when he comes on.

You might like to grab this player LKK seems to me you like the turkish youth side a bit:p

Abdülkadir Kayalı' date=' who i talk about a few posts ago ^^^^^^ will be added to the SM database either today or tomorrow. So keep an eye out for him and pick him up. If he doesnt get a transfer move this summer after his performances so far for Turkey he will surely start to get some more appearances for his side MKE Ankaragücü. Will post rating when he comes on.

You might like to grab this player LKK seems to me you like the turkish youth side a bit:p[/quote']

Indeed I like the Turkish players. They have a fast aggressive style which works very well for them.

Is England in this tournament?

And is Uros Palibrk (Slovenia)' date=' Ignasi Miguel Pons (Spain) & Lauri Dalla Valle (Finland) (All mentioned in this thread [url']http://soccermanager.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22470&page=2)[/url], Have they been playing?

Good work Borogz, Rep from me. ;)

Slovenia, England, and Finland all didnt qualify for the final stages. So 2 of the players cant play anyway! lol, and Miquel Pons isnt playing for Spain as i think he is also only 15, turning 16 end of the year (i think).

Oğuzhan Özyakup

He came on as a sub for the U-17 Netherlands team in their 3-0 loss to Turkey. What makes this kid special is that he is only 15! Ironically he is the son of Turkish Parents. He is currently signed to AZ Alkmaar and plays in midfield. His abilities have already nearly got him a move to Arsenal when he turns 16 in September. According to Dutch newspaper De Telgraaf he has signed a five year contract. He has apparently chosen Arsenal over other offers from Ajax, Barcelona and Inter Milan. He is a highly technical central or right sided midfielder, is superb on set pieces and has a great eye for a pass.

Not on DB.

693739_mediumsquare.jpg