U-17 UEFA Championship

borogz

Re: U-17 UEFA Championship

In yesterday's 0-0 draw between Turkey and Serbia, Aleksic was once again the standout performing strikering the woodwork twice. Adam Ljajic also linked up well with Aleksic to create a number of chances.

France won 2-0 over Switzerland sealing there qualification the the next stage. Yannis Tafer scored both goals to take the led in the golden boot! he has four goals in 3 games. Tafer also had another goal disallowed deemed to be offside. France dominated the game and outclassed the swiss, especially in the second half. Arsenal's Gilles Suni could claim the assist for the 2nd goal with a terrific run down the left flank as his strike was parried only to fall to Tafer to strike.

After failing to impress in the first game, Geoffrey Castillion has come into his own in the last two games. He scored again in the Netherlands 2-0 win over Scotland. The Netherlands dominated throughout the entire match. It was a simple chance that Castillion scored, the ball only being needed to be slopped past the Scottish keeper Grand Adam. Jeroen Zoet again did his reputation no harm with some more fine saves for the dutch.

The Republic of Ireland went to a shock 1-0 lead over Spain only to eventually lose 1-3. It was Ruben introduction at the half time mark that instigated the comeback. Ruben just as a reference wore the number 9 shirt which at last championship was worn by Bojan:rolleyes: maybe this is an indication of the future of this young lad. Ruben scored two goals and provided the assist to Keko to finish the match. Ruben was rested in the first half in favour of Sergi whom scored 2 in the first game. It only took seven minutes for Ruben to make his presence felt with Keko providing the assist from within the box for Ruben to knock in with a left-footed shot. Ruben scored his second from a brilliant low curling free kick from the edge of the area.

The top scorers in the tournament so far are-

2008 UEFA European Under-17 Championship group stage top scorers

Yannis Tafer-France-4

Danijel Aleksić-Serbia-2

Geoffrey Castillion-Netherlands-2

Rubén-Spain-2

Sergi-Spain-2

Thiago-Spain-2

The top scorers in the tournament so far are-

2008 UEFA European Under-17 Championship group stage top scorers

Yannis Tafer-France-4

Danijel Aleksić-Serbia-2

Geoffrey Castillion-Netherlands-2

Rubén-Spain-2

Sergi-Spain-2

Thiago-Spain-2

2 things to note from this, Serbia hence Aleksic has been knocked out so he wont be scoring anymore but did have some great performances and also Tafer has already past last championships golden boot tally of 3.

Two stars for France tonight:

Yannis Tafer

Was born on 11/02/1991 he currently plays for the Lyon U16 youth team along with team mates enzo' date=' Grenier and Lacazette, his position is striker. Playing the first game against Republic of Ireland, he came up with the equaliser in the 65 minute to get France right back into the game.

[img']http://s.olweb.fr/ol/image/joueur/g/7/1203.jpg[/img]

Alexandre Lacazette

Was born on 28/05/91 so he is still 16 came on as sub for Sunu in the 59 minute (u-17 only play 80 min games dunno why) he currently plays for the U-16 Lyon team as striker, with the game balanced at 1-1 and looked likely to go to a draw he popped up to drive home a long-range shot in the final minute to earn France an opening-day victory against Republic of Ireland.

1191.jpg

In the other game of the night Serbia vs Scotland, Aleksic scored two goals and was a clear man of the match in Serbia 2-0 win over Scotland, the first goal was a stunning overhead volley! To Scotlands credit they did try hard with John Fleck have a couple of opportunities but nothing came off for them tonight. Aleksic is my tip for the golden boot winner!

I found Yannis Taffer in March.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=21700&highlight=Yannis+Taffer

Don't worry' date=' not angry.

However if that was the case instead of saying "I found him" you'd probably say "here's more info on him".[/quote']

Yeah I get what you are saying! People g around here saying "it's not you who found him, it was me" or something like that.. People shouldn't claim finding a player, it's just someone posting some information maybe he will get rep for it but the other one who posted before allready did. I'm not saying you are claiming your find R.B.C., I'm just seeing things similar to this alot.

Sorry mate' date=' i always search when posting about a player and do my best to mentioned the first person to find him, but when i did a search your thread did not show and anyway the first person to mention him was infact

Talent #2

Name: Tafer

Surname: Yannis

Pseudonym:

Date of birth: 11.02.1991

Age-group: 1991

Nationality: France

Position: Forward

Club: Olympique Lyonnais

A-National player: no

Rating - ****

The semi-finals ended like this:

Spain 2-1 Netherlands (the match was decided after extra time), with Pulido (46') and Angel Martinez (12' extra time) scoring for Spain, and Sneijder (34') for Netherlands.

Turkey 1-1 France, with Kayali (31') scoring for Turkey, and Kolodziecziak (69') for France, France won 4-3 in penalties shoot-out.

France and Spain go to the finals which we will presence the 16 of May.

Who will win do you think?

Nooo! I really hoped that Turkey would win!

It would have been nice indeed' date=' but they were very close, maybe next time! Wish them luck. I was waiting to see Batuhan's "magic", as I've heard he is great but I [i']think[/i] he was the one who missed the decisive penalty.

It would have been nice indeed' date=' but they were very close, maybe next time! Wish them luck. I was waiting to see Batuhan's "magic", as I've heard he is great but I [i']think[/i] he was the one who missed the decisive penalty.

Yes unfortunalty for turkey Batuhan did miss a penatly, so did Abdülkadir.

But i think turkey can forgive Abdulkadir after his long range effort got them the lead in the match. Unfortunatly Batuhan had a relative quite tournament but defiantly has loads of potential. The hero for france for the day was Lacazette scoring france's goal to equalise.

In the other game, Spain Angel Martinez put them through to the Final with a thunderous strike in the second period of extra time. His shot was a half volley from the edge of the box which went into the top corner!

For the dutch, Rodney Sneijder step up another level, playing a more dominant role than in previous matches and controlled the midfield well and even scored a headed goal. Castillion came close to scoring with his shot grazing the outside of the woodwork.

At the end of the tournament i will go through each player i mentioned as a player to watch or as a stand out and give tiny bit of info an what did or didnt do in the tournament.:)

at the end of the tournament can you do a list of all the top players in order of how promassing they are?

if you do then you get loads of rep mate!

i will give a bit of ranking aay...;) i will do a post about the final the day after the game.

But due to me having two assingments due on monday, tuesday next week 2000 words a piece, i will put up the list of players middle of next week.

When is the final on?I would of loved to see Turkey and Spain in the final as I think they are the future of International football because of there young great players.

The final is tomorrow, 16th of May. Spain vs. France. Hope Spain gets it once again :) !