Sign in to follow this  
carroll

world championship 2

haha

its whappy lee!!

havent seen any crazy crazy typo from mr lee recently

have you been dead?

Been on holiday, 'twas sort of like a mini mini detox. I'm chilled now, not as sugar-fuelled as before, but when I go back to school on tuesday I might be back to normal, luckily for you ;) .

Cup result!

In what may just prove to be the shock of the round, CSKA Moskva beat Juventus by 3 goals to 1.

Milos Krasic got the opener for the Russians, with a superb curling shot. Jose Fernando Torres' equaliser was just as spectactular, a finely-hit volley which left the keeper stranded.

After the break, things changed. Johan Volanthen, on loan from Barcelona, scored a tap-in from a goalmouth scramble, his first goal for CSKA. He scored again, later on, as he was found in oodles of space in the box, and didn't have much to do to score.

He could have had a hat-trick, after a fantastic mazy run into the box, but he dragged his shot wide of the mark.

CSKA manager Lee Bradbury was pleased with the result, stating "It was a fantastic game and the lads are overjoyed. I wasn't too confident as I had to rest a couple of our strongest players, but today we showed we have strength in depth and we managed to come out as winners. All credit to Juve though, they fought right to the death, and I respect them for that."

Juventus manager Navdeep Sandhu was unavailable for comment.

In what may just prove to be the shock of the round' date=' CSKA Moskva beat Juventus by 3 goals to 1.

Milos Krasic got the opener for the Russians, with a superb curling shot. Jose Fernando Torres' equaliser was just as spectactular, a finely-hit volley which left the keeper stranded.

After the break, things changed. Johan Volanthen, on loan from Barcelona, scored a tap-in from a goalmouth scramble, his first goal for CSKA. He scored again, later on, as he was found in oodles of space in the box, and didn't have much to do to score.

He could have had a hat-trick, after a fantastic mazy run into the box, but he dragged his shot wide of the mark.

CSKA manager Lee Bradbury was pleased with the result, stating "It was a fantastic game and the lads are overjoyed. I wasn't too confident as I had to rest a couple of our strongest players, but today we showed we have strength in depth and we managed to come out as winners. All credit to Juve though, they fought right to the death, and I respect them for that."

Juventus manager Navdeep Sandhu was unavailable for comment.[/quote']

well done lee i have birmingham next round hopefully i get through that and maybe get you in the round after one can but hope :eek:

shock of the round!!! only after resting 8-9 players :P

yeah i guess i had the odd guy, buffon, torres, juan i think.....so yeah. good re for cska

hope they win the cup now, and at least i can concentrate on winning that league :) well done lee

New manager Pierce Joneson of Parma has gutted the team and added 13 new players + the addition of 2 players on loan until season's end. The biggest name of the new bunch if Kieran Richardson, while the others are David Van Zanten, Bobby Hassell, Patricio Araujo, Ivan Rakitic, Owen Garvan, Simon Walton, Cole Skuse, Marek Suchy, Vaskos Diablo, Carlos Acuna and Kyle Lafferty. The two players Parma have received on loan are Assimiou Toure and Gerard Pique.

Richardson,%20Kieran.jpg18-5-2006toure.jpgplayers_111439.jpg

shock of the round Lyon have managerd to pull of a 2-2 draw with mil.an and rested Deco for most of the match. Milan equalied one minute after lyon took the lead for a secod time. Manager Jehan, saying it was a shock result but deep down he knew his team could do it.

Lyon are also due to reveal new signing Craig Bellamy.

Lyon have completed the signing of Craig Bellamy, and he is tiped to start next game, Lyon manager says that it is a major siging but they are stil in the hunt for a goalie, striker and mid, in order of preference.

bellamy_celebs390.jpg

World Champ Shield » Quater Final Draw

Blackburn Rovers - Real Betis

INTERNAZIONALE - CSKA Moskva

Barcelona - Spartak Moskva

Corinthians - Rennes

my beloved inter have drawn lee dradbury's CSKA in the cup should be a marvel of a game, cska have been giant killers knocking out div1 teams in both cups, so will be a tough game.......... inter of the back of beating birmingham 6-1 with the second team should be a cracking game

WC2 23rd of September, Turn 21

everton_logo_8927.gifvs ManUtd%20logo.gif

Sam the Devil's Everton managed to beat 10th placed Manchester United rather easily despite being in the relegation zone. Goals form Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and Hakan Sukur put the home team ahead. It was only a late goal by Darren Fletcher thanks to a lapse in defence that started to worry the Gaffer.

MOM: Van Bronkhorst played wonderfully with a marvelousgoal.

Next game: Chelsea (16th)

Inter%20Milan%20logo.gifvs Deportivo%20La%20Corunas.png

Craigos aka Smudger's Inter absoulutely blitz Deportivo. Andriy Schevchenko scored four wonderful goals. Samuel Eto'o and Alessandro Nesta also played wonderful games. Nestamaking sure the opposition had no chance. This result puts into 4 points clear of rivals Juventus, but what is more impressive is another cleansheat giving them a +20 goal difference.

MOM: Cant go past Andriy Schevchenko.

Next game: Valencia (18th)

hope u like this guys will finish Div 1, 2, 3 and 4 later today.

cheers jehan' date=' thanks for the praise.... go on sheva, nav is putting up a fight he is fast catching up :eek:[/quote']
u r a legend mate

thanx guys ill finish the others beore next turn, but i have a massive assignment i have to do.

WC2 23rd September Turn 21

140px-FC_Barcelona_logo.gifvs logo_juve.jpg

Nav's Juve had an impressive win over an inform Barcelona. Facing Barca at away will never be an easy tasks especially with nearly 100,00 people booing you. But Edmilson got over any nerves quickly and scored in the opening minute. With Martin Petrov scoring twice.

MOM: Edmilson played a quality game for the full 90 minutes.

Next Match: Roma (5th)

logo.gifvs logoatleticomadrid.gif

In the Madrid Derby Danny Williams team had a disaponting loss at the hands of real madrid after a promising start. Matthieu Debuchy opponed the scoring for the visitors in the twelth minute, but this goal was soon cancelled by Ivan Helgurea. Later in the match Sobis put the home team ahead much to the delgiht of a near full Santiago Bernabeau.

MOM Iker Casillas always kept fighting for the win.

Next Match: Ajax Amsterdam (9th)

WC2 23rd September Turn 21

Lokomotiv Moskvavs

milan_logo_17505_17517.gif

Sir Ash Carrol's Milan had an excellent win away from home against Lokomotiv Moskva. Klass-Jan Huntleaar scored to screamers in the space of three minutes, almost putting the game beyond doubt so early. Eidur Gudjonhsen also scored turning a good game into a great one.

MOM: Can't go past Klass-Jan Huntlaar's two goals especially with that wonderfull header.

Next Match: Deportivo La Coruna (20th)

Wouuld love to do mine but i lost 6-1

WC2 Div2 23rd September Turn 21

Corinthiansvs

porto_logo.gif

An anoying draw for Dan Payne who would have been looking for a victoryaway from home. Corithians scored the first two goals through Marcelhino and gomes Carlos Alberto. Porto quickly responded with another two goals through Maciej Zurawski and Maniche.

MOM: Maniche played a good game and chipped in with a timely goal.

Next Match: River Plate(19th)

WC2 Div 3 23rd September Turn 21

logo_chievo.jpgvs logo_dinamo_moskva.gif

A promising start tunred into a disapointing loss for Kev Carlisle's Chievo. Both teams defense was tight until the 58th minute when there was a ten minute lapse in the defense, allowing 4 goals through. Chievo's goal was an equaliser but 2 more goals allowed Dinamo Moskva to control the rest of the match. The loss leaves Chievo in the relegation zone.

MOM: Luciano Zauri had many shots and scored with a wondwerfull chip.

Next Match: Aston Villa (8th)

atletico Bilbaovs

boro_logo.gif

Steven Tebbuts Atletico Bilbao suffered an unlucky loss at the hands of Middlesbrough. Sanlio Tuncay opened the scoring in the 4th minute with a good goal. His goal was cancelled out only 3 minutes later through a goal from Massimo Maccarone. Jaap Stam scored a third of the way through the match. The second half fizzled out with not many goals.

MOM: Massimo Maccarone

Next Match: Hamburger SV(15th)

World Championship Cup: Quarter Finals

fiorentina.jpgVSa_Cruzeiro.gif

Fiorentina 1-2 Cruizero

Cruizero win in what was a tight game.

Sebastien FREY dives to his left and makes a great save! That’s one for the cameras!

A great save by DONI prevented an embarrassment for the sleeping defenders

A snapshot by Halil ALTINTOP on the edge of the D flies just over

A mix up in the defence allows Valeri BOJINOV to hammer his shot over

GOAL!! - Dean ASHTON rounds the keeper and finishes from an acute angle!

GOAL!! - Dean ASHTON turned quickly and fired a low shot into the bottom corner!

Dean ASHTON gets booked for gamemanship.

Martin JORGENSEN places a left foot shot wide from twenty yards out

The imposing Halil ALTINTOP heads inches over

The shot is hit goal bound but into the arms of DONI

A ferocious free kick has Sebastien FREY scrambling to turn it round for a corner

DONI parries away the drive

BFlavio CONCEICAO receives a yellow card after failing to move back ten yards for the free-kick

Yannis OKKAS looks up at the sky in disbelief as he fired his shot over the bar from six yards!

An excellent strike is tipped over the bar by Sebastien FREY

Dean ASHTON shot is cleared of the line by

Half Time

The offside trap is beaten but s quick off his line to close down the attack

Another stupid challenge by Valeri BOJINOV results in a yellow card

A fingertip save by DONI denies what would have been a lovely worked goal

A golden opportunity is wasted and Tobias HOLMQVIST knows it!

After the keepers initial save Valeri BOJINOV runs in for the rebound but agonisingly blasts it over!

A free header by Christian TIFFERT hardly troubles the keeper

GOAL!! - The ball comes crashing back off the bar and falls to Martin JORGENSEN who taps in the easiest of chances!

Sebastien FREY punches the ball clear for a corner

A 25 yard shot by Christian TERLIZZI smashes against the crossbar

Christian TERLIZZI takes out his man with his forearm and results in a yellow card

After a scramble in the six yard box DONI pounces on the loose ball

DONI shows safe hands to make a comfortable save!

Before Lukas SINKIEWICZ shot could nestle in the corner of the net it is clattered away at full stretch for a corner!

A shot from distance is stopped by Sebastien FREY

A mazey dribble by Christian TIFFERT but he is unfortunate as he fails to get his shot on target

Full Time

well done bobo' date=' you beat dan payne's porto 6-0 a away from home result.... to qualify for the semi finals of the wc2 champ cup

INTERNAZIONALE - Cruzeiro

Fenerbahçe - Benfica

my inter won also, so there is a chance that we can play each other in the final ;)[/quote']

Thank you m8 :)