Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread

Well despite some last minute hitches the set-up should be ready in the morning:

A reminder of the prizes for the set-up (you must be present for the whole season to be eligible):

(1) Standard set-up : Manager of the season (not necessarily the manager with the best record :) , a number of factors will be considred including difficulty of challenge dependant on team) {may even consider custom set-up if I like you ;) }

(2) Standard set-up : Lucky dip - all managers completing the season will be eligible - one lucky manager will get a standard set-up per season

(3) Gold membership - Golden manager - best manager over 3 seasons (again not necessarily manager with the best record)

Good luck to all competing and I hope we can all enjoy this set-up and make it a successful set-up :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread THE SMARTDOC REPORT TURN 2 HEADLINE NEWS THE SPL/EUROPEAN FANS side took over at the top after an outstanding night for the team. Its

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread Sparky Takes Charge In Germany!!! German giants Bayern Munchen have appointed the experienced Mitu Ahmed as their new manager. H

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread THE SMARTDOC REPORT TURN 1 HEADLINE NEWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP FANS side stormed to an early lead in the race for the title. 4 wins and onl

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread

bayern-munich-header.jpg

Sparky Takes Charge In Germany!!!

German giants Bayern Munchen have appointed the experienced Mitu Ahmed as their new manager.

He took over after former head coach Ottmar Hitzfeld was sacked after a run of poor form.

Chairman Franz Beckenbauer told the club website:

"It is the best time for a change, a new season which starts in a weeks time. It will be a tough job but I am not going to expect trophies straight away. I will supply Sparky with some cash for him to build the squad."

p1_beckenbauer_0808.jpg

Franz Beckenbauer Pleased With Changes

Sparky then told FCBayern.com:

"It's a great club, they have some of the best players in Europe, it will be a challenge no doubt, but that's why I am here for."

Ahmed didn't take long to get involved in transfers and has told all managers that Demichelis, Lahm, Ribery and Toni will be unavailable.

demichelis.jpglahm.jpgribery_2.jpgtoni.jpg

Demichelis, Lahm, Ribery & Toni - Not For Sale

More News To Follow

AAAAAAA.gif

421.gif_42659019_ferguson-18.jpg24_front_small.gif

Friel Appointed New Manager Of Glasgow Celtic

Cetic earlier this morning announced that Scotsman J.Friel has signed a 3 year contract with the Glasgow giants.

JohnReidHeadshot.jpg

Club Chairman & former Home Secretary John Ried said he was delighted to have a experienced Manager at the helm of the Club & said he was glad to see the back of G.Strachan.

Ried has told Friel he will back him in his conquest for Division one glory with a massive warchest of funds thought to be around the £30m mark.

More to follow soon.......

Warren Takes Charge at Juventus

badge.gif

This Morning, Juventus appointed English manager Sam Warren as their new head coach. Warren has signed a 4 year contract with the Italian Giants, and Sam Warren will be looking for a good start to kick off their season. The Juventus board are delighted with the appointment, describing Sam as an up and coming manager of world football.

juvehss0708a.jpg

" I'm looking for the best " - Warren

Sam Warren said in his interview that he wants to bring the best out of his player and to bring in younger talent into the club. He said that the squad is old, and he wants to build for the future, which he believes will be good under his leadership. He refused to name player transfer targets, but did say that he is close to rapping up 3 deals.

question-marks.jpg

Who are the 3 signing Sam Warren haw lined up?

http://www.football.co.uk/shared/images/teams/espanyol.jpg

First Betis, Now Espanyol

Blanck prefers Spanish underdog Teams

Today it was announced that former Betis Manager Blanck, will take charge at Espanyol.

Taking charge at Espanyol, will save me a lot of time, as I now don't have to buy away their players :)

Board want Top5 Finish

The Board may want whatever, I myself want a Lamborghini Countach, we don't always get what we want. Realistic will be a finish 4th-9th and thats what we will be working at.

foto_250644_CAS.jpg

Chairman Llibre already fed up with Blanck?

Just 1 hour after Blanck was appointed, Espanyol Chairman might be looking to get rid of him again, as fast as possible. "I thought he was a manager who would want to fullfil the wishes of the board, but instead he is setting up completely diferent goals!" Stated angry Chairman Llibre.

Blanck reveals contract Details - Contract Non-Terminable

Atletico%20Madrid%20skin.jpg

Atletico Madrid News

Tom Pham Takes Charge In Spain

Tom Pham has been appointed as the new manager at Atletico Madrid replacing Javier Aguirre who left the club for family reasons. Pham was delighted with this move and said: "I could not be more delighted to move here, to Madrid. I hope to stay until the end of my contract which is in 2010. The board and I are targeting a promotion to the first division this season and we state that our main rivals in this division are Fiorentina, Espanyol, Schalke, Spurs and Werder Bremen"

Transfer News

Pham has announced a list of players that need to leave and a list of players that are not going anywhere at all. Pham says that only really good bids will bring the very important players to another club.

Unavailable

Maxi Rodriguez-93

Sabrosa Simao-93

Sergio Aguero-92

Diego Forlan-93

489974823228.jpg

((The Argentinian duo will not leave Atletico Madrid))

simao%20sabrosa.jpg

((Sabrosa Simao is a very important player))

forlan-am-786038.jpg

((Diego Forlan will stay and partner Sergio Aguero up front))

Not Needed

Ismael Falcon-83

Cristian Abbiati-90

Mariano Pernia-90

Yourkas Seitaridis-90

Eduardo Ze Castro-88

Dos Santos Fabiano Eller-90

Thiago Motta-88

Jose Reyes-90

Javier Luis Garcia-90

Miguel Angel Mista-87

Pham hopes to get rid of these players as soon as possible and all of the above players are leaving in a player exchange deal offer that has been made.

Steve Mandanda has joined earlier this morning from French club Marseille to replace Noeren Leo Franco and Cristian Abbiati who are both getting old. Mandanda, 23, is the future goalkeeper for France and has been Marseille's number one choice for the season. Pham had to pay 2.5M and traded out Juan Valera and Noeren Leo Franco to secure a four year deal 9.1M for the Congolese born keeper.

2135352448-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-liverpool-v-olympique-marseille-anfield.jpg

((Steve Mandanda signs a four year deal))

224.gif

Winston arrives in Portugal

Welsh manager Dai Winston has taken the role of manager at Portuguese giants Porto. He is first and for most in the transfer market for a strike partner for Lisandro Lopez.

Transfer news to follow

Sir Alex steps down, Sheva steps up!!

Manchester-logo.jpg

United fan as long as he could remember and a Ferguson admirer, Sheva's dreams have become a reality when Sir Alex recommended the young manager to Malcolm Glazer. Sheva was previously at Villa and quit the club due to arguements with the board and now got the job he has dreamed of.

Sheva had said that it is a great club already and changes at it would be minimal. He said there are certain players that need to go as he feels that they dont fit into his future plans for the club. However, other players such as C. Ronaldo, W.Rooney, L.Anderson, C.Tevez, R.Ferdinand and N.Vidic will stay put at the club.

2228981547-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-united-v-wigan-athletic-old.jpg

Will Sheva recreate these moments?

FiorHSS0708.jpg

1259.gif

Fiorentina announce new manager

Italian giants Fiorentina have announced that Daniel Murphy is there new manager.Daniel was announced the new manager at half five tis evening.Firoentina have already made bids for two players and a loan bid for Spanish wonder kid Bojan.

Daniel Murphy has been linked with a few vaccant jobs but the man from Ireland said Italy was the place to be and that Fiorentina were the right club.They have some great players such as Mutu,Pazzini,Frey and many other players.If Fiorentina can sign the two players that they want then they will challenge for promotion.Here is what the new manager had to say.

I am delighted to be here as the new manager.It is a great club with some top quality players.There is some players i want to offload as they are eiter to old or not good enough for this team.

I do not ant any offers for Frey,Mutu,Donadel and a few other players.We are in a tough league and I am looking forward to the challenge ahead.We kick our season off against PSV at our stadium and i want all three points from it.We need alot of good players to have a great team.I will speak more tomorrow.

285px-Adrian_Mutu_2.jpg

Mutu is Fiorentina's star man

norwich.jpg

Tom Goodson takes dream club opportunity.

Yesterday brought us the news that Glenn Roeder has stepped down to the number 2 spot at the canaries in order to let life ling fan Tom Goodson take the reins. Glenn says he was more than happy to take the assistants job, and believes that Toms lack of experience at this level will not fault any of his decisions "Because Tom is used to managing at a higher level, this will be more of a challenge as we have less income and the players are not up to the same standard"

Tom says that his first transfer targets will be a new goalkeeper and defenders.

espanyol.jpg

Espanyol limit foreign players

Manager Oliver Blanck has today announced that Espanyol Barcelona will start a new tradition, according to their name. Blanck will limit his squad to a max of 5 foreign players within in the entire squad.

The Team Name says *Espanyol* and that should become our trademark.

sanchez_llibre090907_ES.jpg

Llibre vs. Blanck - Round 2

"Blanck can't just decide to make a spanish Team and selling all our Top Players! This man has turned out to be unpredicatable and I'm really sorry that our fans will have to deal with such a person. I might not be able to fire him, but I'll make sure that he wont ruin our squad and the entire club!" stated the espanyol prez.

Blanck reveals next contract detail - Free Hand on the Transfermarket

Transfer News

Within the last 24 hours, Blanck has made his promise come true, by already signing 4 new spanish players, while getting rid of 3 foreigners.

Transfers:

OSCAR SERRANO Rodriguez came from Santander in a p/e with Ewerthon

Alvaro NEGREDO, the spanish youngsters signed from ALmeria in a p/e for Corominas and Lafuente

Juan MELLI, Betis let him go in a p/e including ufete and Moha

Ruben DE LA RED left Getafe in exchange for 3 Mill and Fredson

Possible Transfer Targets

Manuel Almunia

Victor Valdez

We didn't start negotiations yet, but we would be interested in either one of them, depending on what the clubs demand

Arbeloa

Carlos Cuellar

Both of them have attracted our interest, but we will have to sit together with their clubs and discuss whether it will be possible to make one of them join us

Munitis

Luis Garcia

Cani

Our main targets were Guti and Reyes, but Real didn't want to negotiate with us, so we had to look elsewhere. One of them will for sure join us before the season begins. That being said, we wont negotiate with Real no more.

Sergio Garcia

Adrian

Cacho

Bravo

I haven't decided on either of those yet.

Potential unwanted players:

Kameni - big offer wanted

Rodriguez, Zabaleta - can leave in exchange or cash

Smiljanic - minimum 15 Mill

FiorHSS0708.jpg

1259.gif

Fiorentina bring in 6 new players

Firoentina have brought in 6 new faces.Just one ofthese is a first team player.There is five players that have been brought in for the future.

The six players that joined are Carvalho Kleber.The 28 year old left back signe from Brazilan side Santos for £8.9M.The next player to sign was 20year old English winer Albert Adomah.He signed for £300K from Barnet.The third player was Niklas Barkroth.The 16 year old Swedish attacking midfielder is a very talented young man.

Nicolas Millan was the fourth player to sign for Fiorentina.The 16 year year old Chilean plays as an attacking midfielder.He cost £275K from Colo Colo.The youngest of the players to sign was Martin Galvan.He is 15 years old and is a striker.He is sure to be one ofthe best young players out there in a few years.The last player to sign was Turkish midfielder Karabulut Aydin.He can play on the left of midfield.

Fiorentina are looking to bring in a new striker and have placed an offer in for a striker after missing out on Marco Borriello.Borriello signed for Spanish giants Valencia.Only Kleber will play in the first team for now but some of the younger players may break into the first team.

id_17478_kleber.jpggoleadormartingalvan_cruz_a.jpgBARKROTH2_411.jpgNico%20Millan%20Web.jpg

The new faces at Fiorentina

Atletico Madrid News

Transfer News

After the signing of 23 year old keeper Steve Mandanda from Marseille, Pham went after six players and managed to sign four of them while one went to VFB Stuttgart and the other to AS Roma. Pham has completed the signing of one center back, two central midfielder and one attacking midfielder for a total fee of 12M and a P/E of seven players.

The first signing and most expensive came from Marseille to join up with ex-team mate Steve Mandanda was 20 year old starlet Samir Nasri. The French attacking midfielder was signed for a fee of 12M and in a deal which saw ex-Real Madrid duo Jose Antonio Reyes and Jose Jurado leave the club to join French side Marseille. Pham was very delighted to sign Nasri and said: "My goal was to bring in a good attacking midfielder and I brought in one of the biggest prospects in the world. Samir is the best attacking midfielder of his age group and he will become one of the greatest at Atletico."

70787356-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-olympique-marseille-v-liverpool-stade.jpg

((Samir Nasri joins the club))

Coming in from South America are Jorge Valdivia and Agustin Pelletieri from Palmeiras and Lanus, respectively. Both are very good central midfielders and will rotate each other to partner first choice Raul Garcia in the central of midfield. Valdivia was signed in an exchange of Eduardo Ze Castro and Miguel Angel Mista while joining Lanus in Pelletieri's deal was Yourkas Seitaridis. The young Argentinian Pelletieri said: "It is my dream move to Europe and Atletico Madrid are a great club. I have had interest from other clubs like Juventus and Chelsea before but I denied to move there because my style of play fits most in Spain. We will both put our best efforts at this club"

7423.jpg0,,10823138,00.jpg

((The South American central midfielder duo))

The last signing today was center back Martin Caceres. Caceres is a 21 year old Uruguayan center back coming in from Recreativo de Huelva for a trade deal involving Mariano Pernia and Miguel Angel. Pham said: "We needed a center back to cover for Pablo Ibanez and Caceres is a great choice. He has been playing very well at Recreativo and I hope he will become a great player here at Atletico. He will be very important in cup games."

Martin_Caceres_386605a.jpg

((Martin Caceres signs from Recreativo de Huelva))

Fenerbahce News

Fenerbahce can announce that they have signed 4 players and are interested in bringing in 2 more. The 4 players that were brought in were named as Shay Given 32 year old goalkeeper, Juanito a very experienced CB, Cristiano Lucarelli who will hopefully score many goals this season:D and last but not least bernd Schneider the experienced RM.

Hopefully these players will bring me great success for the season

INTER NEWS

Inter announced yesterday the arrival of Pete Thompson(aka "Yeti-Dog").Thompson had been on holiday so joined the team later than planned and stated"Because of my late arrival we've missed out on many players I would have liked to have signed,however,although the team is ageing I'm happy with my defensive options so will focus on improving midfield and attack."

As he spoke Inter announced a series of signings to back-up what Thompson had said.

Alessandro Rosina,winger signed from Torino

598988_mediumsquare.jpg

Esteban Granero,signed from Getafe

Carlos%20Vela.JPG

Carlos Vela,stylish young winger arrives from Osasuna

Stevan_Jovetic_372891a.jpg

Young striker Stevan Jovetic

400x400_AshleyYoungNew2.jpg

Ashley Young,Inter fans expect great things next season

TURAN_Arda_20060927_GH_R.jpg

Turan Arda,young Turkish superstar arrives at Inter

Thompson concluded."I'm happy with the young talent I've brought in.I'm looking to the future.My next goal is to bring in a quality striker but don't be surprised if further signings materialise."

Atletico Madrid News

Transfer News

After a very successful day of transfers, Pham continued to sign two more strikers from Guadalajara and Lanus, both of them the nationality of their club. Both of these strikers will be a very important part of the cup games and will be a very decent substitute duo for Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan.

The first signing was Omar Bravo from Guadalajara. Omar Bravo, 28, is a first choice striker for the Mexican National Team, having played 43 times and scored 19 goals for the Mexican National Team. Bravo has only played for Guadalajara, playing there 253 times and scoring 99 goals and hopes to get his 100th club goal at Atletico Madrid. Bravo's transfer fee was a straight swap including Ismael Falcon and Thiago Motta. Omar Bravo said: "I have had 99 goals for Guadalajara and my 100th will be at Atletico. I am not disappointed to be a substitute for Aguero and Forlan but I will work hard to gain a first team position"

1029141385.jpg

((Omar Bravo hopes to score his 100th club goal for Atletico Madrid))

The second signing was 20 year old wonderkid Lautaro Acosta. Acosto came from the Lanus and arrived at Atletico to become their fourth Argentinian and eleventh South American player. Lautaro Acosta was signed for a fee of 4.4M which also saw Javier Luis Garcia leave the club to join Lanus. Pham says: "Lautaro is a wonderful prospect and I am delighted to have him here at the club. Messi, Aguero and him are the new trio of Argentinian football!"

610x.jpg

((Lautaro Acosta joins from Lanus))

254.gif

CSKA READY FOR THE OFF!!!!

Kev's new team CSKA are ready for the assualt on the Div 2 championship.

Brave words you may say:),but Kev believes his side is capable of promotion and thinks his side has the right mix of Russian and Brazillian talent to do the job.

340x.jpg

Joining CSKA is Deivson Bobo pictured above who will form part of a three pronged Brazillian attack!!

villaluz370x270.jpg

Also drafted in is young Mexican Cesar Villaluz who Kev has high hopes for in the future.

With only a meagure budget thats it for now but Kev has set his sights on one more target but may need a few quid before getting his man:rolleyes:

espanyol.jpg

Espanyol News

Transfer News

Transfer Summary:

591683_mediumsquare.jpg

German CM, Simon Rolfes, has joined Espanyol on a 2 year deal and will be looking to take control of the midfield

Munitis_disputa_balon_Marcos.jpg

Spanish veteran Left Winger, Pedro Munitis, signed for Espanyol to give some competition to Riera

4085_140x170.jpg

Spanish All-round Winger, Oscar Serrano, joins Espanyol on a 2 year deal.

ruben_de_la_red_574110.jpg

negredo%20cara.jpg

20070920dasdasftb_117.jpg

Ruben de la Red, Alvaro Negredo and Juan Melli have been signed as long term investments and could find themselves in the first 1st XI every now and then.

Blanck has almost completed his squad for the coming season, with just 1 incoming deal to be accepted.

Potential Leaving Players

Pablo Zabaleta (if a good offer comes in)

Carlos Idris Kameni (if good offer comes in)

Llibre Unhappy with signings

20030916dasdai_71_I_SCO.jpg

"I am really unhappy, that Blanck did not manage to sign any Star Player for us and I will be looking to get the signings of a star man for us!" says Llibre

Blanck reveals next contract Detail - No Transfer Interceptions from the Board.

INTER NEWS

interhss0708.jpg

Manager Pete Thompson today announced the capture of Mladen Petric from Borussia Dortmund for £3M + David Suazo."We're delighted,he'll form a dangerous partnership with Ibrahimovic.We fought off bids from two other clubs to seal his signing.The squad's shaping up nicely,but I've still to decide if Samuel & Vieira figure in my long-term plans so I'd certainly not dismiss any offers which are received for these two players".

1789777788-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-qualifying-group-england-v-croatia.jpg

MLADEN PETRIC-signs for Inter

_44034752_suazo_afp300.jpg

SUAZO-leaves as part of Petric deal.