Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread

148.gifEspanyol News 148.gif

Blanck did not get the start he wanted at Estadi OlĂ­mpic de Montjuic. 3 Games, 1 Draw 2 Losses, it what Blancks record reads so far and will for sure not satisfy him.

The Espanyol Chairman is actually really happy with Blanck underperforming, as he has had his problems with him since his arrival. If the poor form continues, then Blanck will be gone again very fast.

"I still think, that i can bring Espanyol forward. We just didn't have a good start, but that doesn't mean we'll keep losing."

Blanck has signed 3 more Players, all AM's. Espanyol only scored 3 goals so far this season and the manager obviously tries to strengthen the weak link, though he should be more worried about his poor defence, who have already conceded 8 goals!

"I have never been a defensive mastermind and i will never become one. The Offense was strengthend in order to score one more goal than the opponent and that is all we need to do."

belluschi_river_boca.jpg

2007121416551186946215.jpg

395083_mediumsquare.jpg

Fernando Belluschi, Daniel Luduena and Rivaldo are the newest signings and hopefully the players to bring Espanyol back on track.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread THE SMARTDOC REPORT TURN 2 HEADLINE NEWS THE SPL/EUROPEAN FANS side took over at the top after an outstanding night for the team. Its

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread Sparky Takes Charge In Germany!!! German giants Bayern Munchen have appointed the experienced Mitu Ahmed as their new manager. H

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread THE SMARTDOC REPORT TURN 1 HEADLINE NEWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP FANS side stormed to an early lead in the race for the title. 4 wins and onl

TABLE - TURN 4

TEAM............................W....D....L....PBP ....SBP....PTS

SPL/European fans..........14...7....7....+15...+2.....66

Championship fans..........13...7....8....+11....-1.....56

Rest of EPL fans...............10...5....13...+9......0.....44

Manchester U fans...........9....9....10...+7......0......43

Liverpool fans..................9....7....12...+4......0.... .38

London teams fans...........9....7....12...+4.....-2.....36

PBP = Player Bonus Points - This turn:

Souza (1), Makaay (1), Ibrahimovic (1), Defoe (1), Kiessling (1), Mutu (1), Tamudo (1)

SBP = Score Bonus Points - This turn:

None

A pretty even week for all teams, with a few positional changes. Still a big gap at the top :)

italia-fiorentina.gif

Fiorentina make it two wins out of two

Last night Fiorentina had to play Schalke at the Veltins Arena.Fiorentina who had won there last game really wanted to pick up another three points.

There was quite a few chances for both teams but Schalke were first off the mark thanks to a Kevin Kuranyi goal after there was some excellent passing.It was the German strikers third goal of the season.

5512.jpg

Celebrating his third goal of the season

That lead didn't last long thanks to a curling right foot shot from just outside the penalty area from Marco Donadel.It was a sublime finish and it was his second of the season.

img.56759_t.jpg

Donadel celebrating with his teammates after his sublime goal

The second half came and after just one minute Fiorentina almost scored a second goal thanks to Liverani's shot.It just curled wide of the post and Neuer was left stranded in the middle of his goal.Fiorentina did eventually score a second goal and it came from winger Mario Santana.He used his blistering pace to get by the defenders and slotted the ball in from fifteen yards.

7277.jpg

Santana scored Fiorentina's second goal and got man of the match

Kevin Kuranyi almost made it 2-2 just three minutes later when he miss cued a header.Schalke did dominate the possession but couldn't create any great chances.Fiorentina did get a third goal to finish Schalke off and it came from star man Adrian Mutu.It was the Romanian's second goal in two games.

AdrianMutu_468x404.jpg

Mutu celebrating his goal to wrap the game up for Fiorentina

This win moves Fiorentina into sixth place and they play Welshman's very strong and inform Porto.Fiorentina's manager Daniel Murphy is looking forward to playing against Welshman for the first time.

Fiorentina.gif

Fiorentina and Porto draw

It was yet another game that Fiorentina were dominated but they managed to get a result out of it.For the past three games they have been dominated by the other team.In two of them matches Fiorentina managed to get all three points but not in this match.

Firoentina were looking to make it three wins from three.They didn't have there star man in this match but they had vetran striker Vieri.FC Porto almost took the lead thanks to Lopez but his shot hit the side netting.Fiorentina took the lead after eighteen minutes thanks to Mutu's replacement Vieri lobbed the keeper and off he went celebrating.

vieri-fiorentina.jpg

Celebrating his first of the seaosn to make it 1-0

Two minutes later Vieri almost made it 2-0 when a ball over the top left him clean through on goal but Helten made a good save to deny him.Just a minute later Helton made another tremendous save to deny Vieri of what could of been a hat-trick.There was loads of chances in the first half and it was for Porto this time and they scored it thanks to Da Silva Paulo Assunaco's goal.Carew almost made it 2-1 to Porto when Carew's shot hit the bar.

2481674229-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-liverpool-v-fc-porto-anfield.jpg

Celebrating making it 1-1

There was a second goal for Porto at the end of the first half and it came from John Carew.It was a well worked goal thanks to a ball over the top and Carew drilled the ball home.That was the last bit of action in the first half.

carew-thumb.jpg

Celebrating his fourth goal in four games

The second half came and Firoentina really needed to improve there performance.It took just ten minutes for the next goal and it was a goal that saw Fiorentina draw level with Porto.The goal came from Pazzini.He scored after some slick passing and he was left clear on goal to finish with ease.

m_Pazzini.JPG.jpg

Celebrating his forst of the season to make it 2-2

Porto almost made it 3-2 when Raul Meireles hit a shot off the outside of the post.The next best chance feel to Montolivo with just eleven minutes to go he crashed his shot off the crossbar.The final whistle went and both managers came away knowing there teams could of won it but could of lost it.

disaster for london teams

it has been a shockingly dissapointing week for the london teams with only udinise winning (and they are unmanageed)... and also the manager of real Zaragoza giving up...and to be honest id prefer him to leave with that attitude:p

but there is still hope for the london teams

arsenal are in current transfers with to bright youngesters(as good players arent likely to be sold) and with this team mates spurs have signed denilson and djouru on a season loan. Other transfer news comes from werner bremen, where matt maslen has completed transfers for luis ronaldo and cassano, who will both be looking to impress

but id like to mention my personal favourite run of results for udinise, even though they are unmanaged they are gettin results in... so if anyone is interested they can take charge of a up and comin team;)

TABLE - TURN 5

TEAM............................W....D....L....PBP ....SBP....PTS

SPL/European fans..........18...7....10....+19...+1.....81

Championship fans..........16...8....11....+16....-1.....71

Manchester U fans...........14...10....11...+9......0......60

Rest of EPL fans...............12...6....17...+10......0.....5 2

Liverpool fans..................12....8....15...+5......0... ..49

London teams fans...........11....7....17...+6.....-2.....44

Aguero (1), Toni (1), Gomez (1), Milito (1), Di Natale (1), Defoe (1), Kanoute (3), Bobo (1), Pandev (1), Lavezzi (1), Tamudo (1), Huntelaar(1)

None

Sorry for late posting of this, been busy :rolleyes: . Great night for Man U with 5 wins, not so good for London and Rest of EPL

Arsenal announce the team for all cup matches

L.FABIANSKI

G 85 100% -

A.TRAORE P.SENDEROS A.SONG-BILLONG J.HOYTE

LB 83 100% CB 89 100% DM/CB 86 100% RB/LB 86 100%

A.GILBERTO SILVA

DM/CM 91 100%

E.EBOUE H.LANSBURY A.DIABY

RM/RB 89 100% CM 72 100% CM/LM 88 100%

T.WALCOTT d.EDUARDO

F 89 100% - W/F 88 100%

Villareal and SPL/euro flying high

Villareal boss Nathan kirby today annouced his delighted about his sies start to the season.

After 5 wins and 1 draw villareal sit top of division 2 and his group spl.europeian top the over all tables a double delight fir kirby.

"Im deligted about our start to the season i coudnt ask for more i just want my team to keep this up till the end of the season".

Kirby was very happy but also said he was very upset about the passing away of Tommy burns a true SPL legend and a great person

R.I.P.

italia-fiorentina.gif

Fiorentina and Villarreal end all square

Fiorentina were looking to bounce back from there mid-week cup defeat to Inter Milan by beating Spanish giants Villarreal.Fiorentina knew that it would be very hard to get all three points at the El Madrigal.

Both teams started off without creating any real chances.Fiorentina's first chance of the game came after a corner was swung in and left back Carvalho Kleber got his head onto the end of it and sent the ball into the back of the net.It was the Brazilian's first goal for Firoentina.

340x.jpg

Celebrating his first goal of the season

Fiorentina kept pushing for a second goal and it almost came when Gobbi hot a great powerful shot of the bar.Villarreal's keeper made two amaing saves within 2 minutes to deny Fiorentina going 3-0 up.Fiorentina were pushing and pushing but couldn't get the second goal to kill the game off.Gobbi came close once again when he lobbed the keeper only to see his shot hit he bar again.Nihat almost got a goal when his shot hit the post.Fiorentina payed for not taken there chances when Gonzalez santi Cazorla was left clear on goal after some excellent passing and he finished it off with a goal.That was the last real chance of the game.For once Fiorentina deserved to win but couldn't.

Santi_Cazorla.jpg

celebrating his goal to make it 1-1

TABLE - TURN 6

TEAM..............................W....D....L....P BP....SBP....PTS

SPL/European fans...........20....8....14....+20...+1.....89

Championship fans...........20....8....14....+16....-1.....83

Manchester U fans............18....11...13...+9......0......73

Liverpool fans...................15.....9....18...+6......0. ....62

London teams fans............15.....8....19...+9.....-2.....60

Rest of EPL fans................14....6....22...+11.....0..... 59

Torres (1), Neuer (1), Souza (1), Adebayor (1), Milito (1), Di Natale (1), Bojinov (1), Tamudo (1)

None

Tightenig up at the bottom as well as the top :)

A Man Of His Words

300707.jpg

After a horrid start to the season for the greats Manchester United, Sheva vowed to the distraut fans that a comeback will come. A comeback it was. After losing the opening two games by a narrow margin, Sheva has never looked back. His team now rides on a 6 game unbeaten streak where his team had to overcome giants such as Barcelona and Internazionale.

A win yesterday against Internazionale made in 3 in 3 for the Red Devils as Wayne Rooney smashed in the winner after Guardado had given them an early lead. They were also victorious against Barcelona and the cup game after that against America.

Sheva's nerves will be put to the ultimate test when his side travel to the bridge to take on rivals Chelsea in round 3 of the cup.

_42859827_rooney_celeb416.jpg

Wayne Rooney's good form revives the Red Devil's title hopes

Smartdoc, I forgot the password to the account of my Zaragoza.

I finally got it back after using the forgot your password steps, and that was after we had played about 4 games, and I saw Zaragoza ruined

I would be interested in taking them back, or any other team,but I'll understand if you won't let me.

Smartdoc' date=' I forgot the password to the account of my Zaragoza.

I finally got it back after using the forgot your password steps, and that was after we had played about 4 games, and I saw Zaragoza ruined

I would be interested in taking them back, or any other team,but I'll understand if you won't let me.[/quote']

Austin, you are more than welcome to rejoin...don't let it happen again :D

tiga31 is the London teams captain and you may rejoin with any of the London teams (PM him). The only problem is, due to current SM rules you may be banned from the set-up unless you use a different account :( . If you are it's not me banning you as I'd like you back :)

Austin' date=' you are more than welcome to rejoin...don't let it happen again :D

tiga31 is the London teams captain and you may rejoin with any of the London teams (PM him). The only problem is, due to current SM rules you may be banned from the set-up unless you use a different account :( . If you are it's not me banning you as I'd like you back :)[/quote']

not a problem, I have 2 spare accounts left.Also pm'd Tiga about this.

21.gif

austin was pleased to announce that he was re appointed as a manager in thiis exclusive setup after agreeing personal terms with Roman.

Austin has promised sucess under his new team, and will hope for support from his fellow team mates.

Tiga was dissapointed to austin move away from the london team:(

but last night some things went well

a 2-1 win for arsenal

a 0-0 draw for bremen

2-0 to zaragoza other teamate spurs

2-1 win for Cska

3-1 win for udinise

but sadly America lost 3-0:eek:

so things are looking up

but we need our start men to start scoring:rolleyes:

as none of them proformed accept Di natalie...but he is injured for the next 2 games:mad:

Tiga was dissapointed to austin move away from the london team:(

but last night some things went well

a 2-1 win for arsenal

a 0-0 draw for bremen

2-0 to zaragoza other teamate spurs

2-1 win for Cska

3-1 win for udinise

but sadly America lost 3-0:eek:

so things are looking up

but we need our start men to start scoring:rolleyes:

as none of them proformed accept Di natalie...but he is injured for the next 2 games:mad:

I think you've got your wires crossed here. Austin is still in the London team as Chelsea is in the London teams group. CSKA is not (check the table thread for confirmation of London teams ;) )

TABLE - TURNS 7 & 8

TEAM..............................W....D....L....P BP....SBP....PTS

SPL/European fans...........27.....11....18....+24...+1.....117

Championship fans...........24.....12....20....+18....-1.....101

Liverpool fans...................23.....14....19...+11...... 0......96

Manchester U fans............21.....15....20...+15......-1......91

London teams fans............20.....10...26....+11.....-2......79

Rest of EPL fans................17.....12....27...+15.......0. ....78

Van Nistelrooy (3), Neuer (1), Van Der Vaart (1), Toni (2), Mutu (1), Gomez (2), Makaay (1), Drogba (1), Adebayor (1), Martins (1), Defoe (2), Bojinov (1), Villa (2), Lavezzi (1), Rossi (1), Huntelaar (2)

VFB Stuttgart (+1), Boca Jnr (-2)

Sorry for the delayed updates (work issues :( ). Anyway, Turn 7 saw a relatively even week all round with the SPL teams yet agai stretching their lead. Turn 8 saw the Liverpool team go unbeaten with an amazing 6 wins and 1 draw :)