Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread THE SMARTDOC REPORT TURN 2 HEADLINE NEWS THE SPL/EUROPEAN FANS side took over at the top after an outstanding night for the team. Its

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread Sparky Takes Charge In Germany!!! German giants Bayern Munchen have appointed the experienced Mitu Ahmed as their new manager. H

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread THE SMARTDOC REPORT TURN 1 HEADLINE NEWS THE CHAMPIONSHIP FANS side stormed to an early lead in the race for the title. 4 wins and onl

Re: Grudge match set-up transfer/news/match report thread

lost 4 - 0 against an unmanaged PSV...tsk tsk tsk!:D

I didn't concentrate on that game lol was looking to do transfers first and now that I have almost completed my transfer activity I will start to do tactics. LOL my next match is against you:eek: :D;) Your the favourites but lets hope I can spoil your party:o :P

Espanyol 2-1 Chelsea

What a shock for Chelsea. Tamudo and Torrrado getting the goals as Espanyol shock Chelsea in spain. The manager is obviously delighted with the win inhis 2nd game in charge and has vowed to improve the perfomance next year.

P.S-Austin soory m8:o Hope it dosen't spoil your promotion chances:) Good luck:) B)

21_1203862898.gif

Chelsea finish runners up and cup winners!

Chelsea crowned off a good season with a 2 - 1 over league winners Intern Milan.

Chelsea's attacking style of football mixed with a sound passing system proved to the world that you can have your cake and eat it too, as they played some flawless football and won trophies.

Chelsea finsihed second on 50 points, 7 behind Inter who had a great season, and proved that team stabilty was important,adding no players to his starting line up.

The Blues had a host of topscorers with Anelka and maloda each netting 11 goals, drogba grabbing 10, and Ballack with 8.

drogba was however Chelsea best player as he had an outstanding average performance.

The home ground was their fortress, scoring 32 goals and conceding only 13, while they had a milder away performance, scoring 19 and conceding 16.

They had 9 wins, a draw, and 3 losses at home, while their aay rcord was 6 wins 4 draws and 3 losses.

Chelsea also used a variety of formations this season, experimenting with the 4-3-3 wingers, 3-4-2-1, and 3-4-1-2.

The season may have ended...but Chelsea's reign is only begginging, as they seek a swift entry into the first division and quest to retain their cup title.

• 2 weeks later...

Villareal

After getting realegated in the second season villareal wanted a good start to this one.

The first game we lost 1-0 to lyon despite dominating we coudnt pull though and get a goal.

2nd game my fav game of season was agaisnt rangers :D a brill 2-0 win see's us mid table and hopefully this season will be better than the last two.

Shame what the threads came to a little inactive. Also i never thanked smarty for that prize on lucky dip on the thread ty smarty. Also out of cauositiy did any one win that gold member ship? :)

• 2 weeks later...

GRUDGE MATCH SET-UP SEASONAL AWARDS

Thanks to all those who competed in the second season of the gameworld :) . I'm currently thinking of a new novel idea for a new gameworld, to which you will all be invited :D .

This season again saw the usual suspects amongst the mix-up for manager of the year. Mr. Nice Guy, SiSoP, Asian Invasian, Liverpool99 and edshaw were all in the mixup. For once, I was even in with a shout :P:o . Unlike last year, I decided against a poll as it became clear everyone was just voting for their mates last year. Instead, I discussed it with two trustworthy members and we came up with the conclusion. The two standouts were:

Lunar (Chelsea) - a great season for Austin's side as they won the cup and gained promotion to division 2 by coming runners up in a competitive Division 3

Ruud_17 (Ajax) - With limited funds and a smallish squad managed to top Division 1, toppling some fancied sides along the way

After much deliberation the manager of the season award went to:

LUNAR (CHELSEA)

- well done Austin, please PM me via the game and I shall endeavour to give you a standard gameworld ASAP (might have to give me a few days ;) )

A little hard on Ruud_17 as the panel I chose could not even split the two. However, as if by a leap of faith, the lucky draw winner happened to be...

RUUD_17 - this was chosen by my wife bless her and saved me a bit of time justifying my decision :) - again contact me via PM and I will get your prize of a standard gameworld to you ASAP

Thanks to all who continue to compete in the gameworld. The end of this season will have three prizes - the usual manager of the season and lucky draw winner, but also the more coveted Golden manager award which will award the best manager over the three seasons with a Gold membership. Good luck to all :)

Could I request that Fenerbahce's transfers are reviewed, last season's chairmans value deals with Man Utd took the pee, and have been followed with a couple more deals with Man U and Milan this season that insult the intelligence of most.

Nothing personal, but I don't think the deals could be more blatant abuse of the game.

Could I request that Fenerbahce's transfers are reviewed' date=' last season's chairmans value deals with Man Utd took the pee, and have been followed with a couple more deals with Man U and Milan this season that insult the intelligence of most.

Nothing personal, but I don't think the deals could be more blatant abuse of the game.[/quote']

m8 i am the manager of fenerbahce and believe all of my deals are correct and have done nothing wrong:rolleyes: if these deals are to be reversed then so be it:)

m8 i am the manager of fenerbahce and believe all of my deals are correct and have done nothing wrong:rolleyes: if these deals are to be reversed then so be it:)

Those deals were dodgy as hell.

You sold lower rated players to Man U/Milan for lower prices than you bought the likes of Tevez and Seedorf. Nothing 'Correct' About that :rolleyes:. You should be kicked, simple as, lets see what decision SM takes.

VFB are having a rubbish start to the season, so I better buck up my ideas and quick!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

251_front_small.gif21_1203862898.gif250_front_small.gif

Chelsea on form!

Chelsea have finally hit form in the division 2 moving from 8th place to second place in a matter of 6 games.

Their only loss duuring this period was the loss to CSKA, which they were beaten by 3 goals to 2.

chelsea have scored the most goals in the league,the only team to recah 40 in that division so far.

In their last match they took on leaders Munts Barcelona in a rival encounter..Munts Barca were flying high 5 points clear, and Chelsesa had not freed themsleves of the attentions of Inter and Portsmouth.

21_1203862898.gif 3 - 2140_1204773136.gif

It was all Barca in the first half, as efforts from Messi, Deco, and Xaci brought out the best in Cech.

When chelse tried the counter, they were flagged off for offside several times, with Essien growiling in frustration.

The tactical excellence finally paid in for the spanish team,younsgter Juarez heading powerfully passed the keeper in the first half to give the away teamm the lead.

But Anelka put Chelsea back on terms after a terrible defensive error, and it was half time at thee break.

Everyone could here the loud shouts and screams of Munt as his side should have been 4 - 0 up, and some pigeons rose alarmed into the air..

In the second half, a great long ball was played to Drogba, who controlled and volleyed it straight into the net to send the home side crazy.

lampard nearly scored a beautiful goal when his overhead kick went wide, but it was amended when a terrible back pass fell to Cole, who would never score an easier goal.

2 goals up, the team got complacent, and throwing everyone forward, failed to mark Xavi, sho casually rolledinto the net...3 - 2, but Chelsea held on for an important 3 points and won the encounter..

anelka250707_468x752.jpg

_42612423_drogba2_getty300.jpg

*******-cole.jpg

Well, it was a great win for us tonight...After 2 solid seasons of management, we are still without a title..We may have won cups, we may have finished 2nd in the league, we may have made great deals and may have the best squad, but we are still without a title.

This is our year, and we thankfully have an easy run in to the end of season.

Barcelona were horrible in the second half and a few more performancves will ensure a slip up, enabling us to get the title.

We\ll do our bestm the rest is out of our hands..

Austin also wants to thank the remaining managers for their loyalty in this setup.

The greats such as Sop,Smarty,Eddie 101,Reddevil,YetiDog,Munt,ruud 17,MrNice Guy, and possibly myslef are still around and kicking, and its a great setup

117_1198417095.gif

Palermo Back in Business

Palermo Have climbed the ladder up to fifth place after falling to tenth because of a string of good results. In their last seven games they have only lost 1 match (Palermo 1 - 3 Fenerbahçe), won 4 and drawn 2. They have also scored 15 in the past 7 games, and only conceded 7. Next up for Palermo is a home game against the league leaders FC Schalke.

"I reckon that this will be a good match. We are only 7 points of the lead, with seven games left in the season. This is one of those matches that can make or break a season. Its crunch time and we will give it our all. Last time they only just managed to beat us 3 - 2, however we only came good right at the end with 2 goals in the last 6 minutes. I am hoping that we can play like that the whole game this time"

Recently Palermo went on a spending spree, and has brought in ten new players.

The emphasis was to bring in the results, and I think we have done that. However with our signings we also wanted to bolster our first team with some good leaders who have experience in these campaigns.We also needed to inject some youth into the squad because some of the current members are quite old.

The full list of signings is below

Defenders:

Demirel Volkan - GK - 27 - 90

Renan Leo - CB - 20 - 88

Emir Faccioli - CB - 19 - 83

Fabiano Santacroce - CB - 22 - 89

Sergei Parshivlyuk - RB/RM - 19 - 86

Lorik Cana - DM/CB - 25 - 91

Midfielders:

Simon Vukcevic - LM/AM - 22 - 89

Matías Augusto Fernandez - RM/LM - 22 - 89

Diogo Viana - W/F - 18 - 72

Foward:

Da Silva Muniz Liedson - F - 31 - 91

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea finally go top at the right point in time after a 3 - 0 win at Mallorca moved them to the top.

Chelsea,City,and Barcelona are all on 42 points, with Chelsea top on a huge GD after scoring the most goals in the setup this season.

Sevilla are up next for the Blues, and with just a few games to go, chelsea may find themselves third...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...