Interesting...

Bobo

I'm not one to curse bad luck, as I've always believed that luck equals out over long periods... say over the course of a season. However has not seemed to case this season for Fulham, as we've pretty much got all the forces in the world against us.

I ran into this site, which, although 'useless', as nothing can be changed, offer some hope to a Fulham fan.

http://www.rightresult.net/index.php

It shows the league table if all the reffing decisions went the correct ways.

This is no more than a hope thing though, as we all know that mistakes are bound to happen, but even more so, it's impossible to judge what actually is a reffing error/mistake, and even if it was not carried out (the error), what would have actually happened in the game.

What I mean is, say X were playing Y. Y score an unfair goal (say a penalty which shouldn't have been given) and then X get the draw. The game ends 1-1. I do not believe one has any right to say that had the ref not given the penalty the FT score would be X 1 - Y 0, as things would change throughout the game, but that's just my view.

Anyway, it's a decent site, and there's some interesting stuff.

Finally, and very controversially, I'd like to end on a note that will bring up many arguments (only for the good of this forum :D ), however will not leave my opinion on it for now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

'Liverpool seem to be extremely favoured by referees'

(Chelsea too for that matter, but it's Liverpool's situation which is most dubious :o)

True or False? :D :D

Discuss!

Re: Interesting...

Hmm, is it just me... or are "bad desitions" a matter of opinion. Lets face it, the "was he active when he played the ball, and was he offside at the second phase of play" etc confuses EVERYONE. So are not all these figures a matter of someome opinion?

And of course, Man United never cheat :rolleyes: and according to that site they deserve 2 points more than they have? Lol. Just lol.

Yes liverppool are lucky vs INter and vs Arsenal

Please tell me why all the Inter Fans were on their feet clapping, I never watched it, but according to Five Live coverage, Liverpool kept the ball from Inter for like 15 mins or summat, and the Inter Fans were just lined up around the San Siro applauding Liverpool ;)

Guest melbguy1

Please tell me why all the Inter Fans were on their feet clapping' date=' I never watched it, but according to Five Live coverage, Liverpool kept the ball from Inter for like 15 mins or summat, and the Inter Fans were just lined up around the San Siro applauding Liverpool ;)[/quote']

hahahahha.. lol...lol... hahaha

Please tell me why all the Inter Fans were on their feet clapping' date=' I never watched it, but according to Five Live coverage, Liverpool kept the ball from Inter for like 15 mins or summat, and the Inter Fans were just lined up around the San Siro applauding Liverpool ;)[/quote']

Well if the ref didnt give both red cards 1st and 2nd leg then the stroy would have been diffrent and you know so dont even deny it.

Well if the ref didnt give both red cards 1st and 2nd leg then the stroy would have been diffrent and you know so dont even deny it.

Torres was too fast for Materazzi and he just held onto his shirt which deserves a yellow, and again Torres was too fast for him and he tackled late on him, deserving of a second yellow, this did happen 1-2 times before his yellows. I did watch the first leg at Anfield, it was on the TV. Neither tackles deserved a straight red, but if you keep taking out Torres late then your going to get yellows, unfortunately for him, he got two :D

But I really can't comment on the second leg sending off because I never saw it.

if you could learn Matterazi not to haul people down by there shirt EVERY time they are goal side maybe he wouldnt get booked as often.

for those 1st 20mins an Anfield we dominated but everytime a player got goal side they was hauled down, if thats Italian defending then so be it.

nice shout Bobo, although its totaly impossible and totaly fake to have such a table as all pens and what not are based on opinion, so on that table who decided the decisions were wrong?

Just like the Babel pen at anfield, many fans (not just LFC) say it was a pen, many say it wasnt. how can anybody decide one is right? I have seen many, many replays and I see contact, were as others dont think it was.

tbh tho this thread will no doubt go into a war :)

.... to the Arsenal fan I cant remember you complaining when Pires was diving all over the place and winning pens :D

But I really can't comment on the second leg sending off because I never saw it.

the second red in Italy was a joke tbh, although even without the red if any Inter Milan fan says they looked like they was going to go on and win they are lying because the same people wasnt saying it back then at the time.

threads can be found to prove it.

err ok' date=' well you guys must be the only people that I know of that don't think Materazzi's first yellow was very harsh:confused:[/quote']

you mean the yellow he got after allowing his first 5 shirt pulls to go un punished? if players are allowed to defend like that how the hell are you ever gonna score?

Guest melbguy1

you mean the yellow he got after allowing his first 5 shirt pulls to go un punished? if players are allowed to defend like that how the hell are you ever gonna score?

All I know is everywhere I read (besides LFC fans) I see that the first yellow was one of the worst cards in the CL this season. Then, like some LFC fans admit, the red in the return leg was the 2nd worst call in CL... and that's not lucky? Inter lost a defender in the 1st 30 mins!

And like you say, the penalty against Arsenal was a 50/50 (for me it was a 20/80) but the thing is you got the decision... lucky to get it hey since it was a 50/50.

As far as lucky in the league goes, I don't know anything about that, but for the CL.. hell yeah you been lucky.

All I know is everywhere I read (besides LFC fans) I see that the first yellow was one of the worst cards in the CL this season. Then' date=' like some LFC fans admit, the red in the return leg was the 2nd worst call in CL... and that's not lucky? Inter lost a defender in the 1st 30 mins!

And like you say, the penalty against Arsenal was a 50/50 (for me it was a 20/80) but the thing is you got the decision... lucky to get it hey since it was a 50/50.

As far as lucky in the league goes, I don't know anything about that, but for the CL.. hell yeah you been lucky.[/quote']

At times we have been lucky, particularyly against Everton this season first game. But, we drew with Chelsea because (I forgot what player it was) ran full pelt straight into Finnan (nothing Finnan could do) and just cause finnan couldn't move, he he got creamed by the Chelsea player, Chelsea got the penalty... because he ran into finnan and fell over in the box, he wasn't even on the ball..and that lost us two points... not that two points matters, twas just one example.

All I know is everywhere I read (besides LFC fans) I see that the first yellow was one of the worst cards in the CL this season. Then' date=' like some LFC fans admit, the red in the return leg was the 2nd worst call in CL... and that's not lucky? Inter lost a defender in the 1st 30 mins!

And like you say, the penalty against Arsenal was a 50/50 (for me it was a 20/80) but the thing is you got the decision... lucky to get it hey since it was a 50/50.[/quote']

Well all I saw was Liverpool dominate the first 20mins but EVERYTIME torres or someone got goalside they was pulled to the ground. It seems Italians love defending like this as most of you call it "an art" but imo its pathetic and ruins the game.

It Terry and co hauled ppl tot he ground everytime they was goal side im sure we could all keep alot more clean sheets.

even with 11 men Inter never got out there half, then in Italy they had 11 men and was chasing a 2-0, did they come out and attack? the team that was unbeaten in Italy for months, this super side that all you guys said would wipe the floor with Liverpool, what did they do?

nothing, we created as many chances as them even in Italy, and lets not forget that red never came till midway through the second half. didnt realise our 2-0 lead was in threat at that point.

Inter was boring, slow and created a couple of decent chances which donkey Ibra balooned AGAIN, but then Torres showed him how you actually finish.

I could name a ton of matches were the refs have cost us the match, but if I do I get called biased and looking for excuses ... lol you can all keep on using LFC are only in the CL semi for the "3rd" time in 4 seasons because of refs, luck, Russians blah blah blah its only the people saying it who look stupid :)

Guest melbguy1

Well all I saw was Liverpool dominate the first 20mins but EVERYTIME torres or someone got goalside they was pulled to the ground. It seems Italians love defending like this as most of you call it "an art" but imo its pathetic and ruins the game.

It Terry and co hauled ppl tot he ground everytime they was goal side im sure we could all keep alot more clean sheets.

even with 11 men Inter never got out there half' date=' then in Italy they had 11 men and was chasing a 2-0, did they come out and attack? the team that was unbeaten in Italy for months, this super side that all you guys said would wipe the floor with Liverpool, what did they do?

nothing, we created as many chances as them even in Italy, and lets not forget that red never came till midway through the second half. didnt realise our 2-0 lead was in threat at that point.

Inter was boring, slow and created a couple of decent chances which donkey Ibra balooned AGAIN, but then Torres showed him how you actually finish.

I could name a ton of matches were the refs have cost us the match, but if I do I get called biased and looking for excuses ... lol you can all keep on using LFC are only in the CL semi for the [b']"3rd"[/b] time in 4 seasons because of refs, luck, Russians blah blah blah its only the people saying it who look stupid :)

It's good to see that English fans still have the Italy of old in their minds, not even a superb WC performance, CL champions and world champions has changed it. The media must be doing good for the EPL over there, and the stupid gobble it up :)

So was that paragraph your way of saying you were lucky but didn't need the luck?

It's good to see that English fans still have the Italy of old in their minds' date=' not even a superb WC performance, CL champions and world champions has changed it. The media must be doing good for the EPL over there, and the [i']stupid[/i] gobble it up :)

So was that paragraph your way of saying you were lucky but didn't need the luck?

I fail to see what a WC has to do with LFC vs Inter, and how did I say that?

in the 2nd leg, LFC 2-0 lead what did Inter do? if it was the other way around LFC would have flown at Inter in the 2nd leg and tried anything to win the match.

Inter never, they was defensive 2-0 down!!!, slow and boring I watched every minute of the match I know what I saw.

I dont see what the "everyone hates us" attitude has to do with my thoughts on our match.

but you are the one saying LFC was lucky you are the one who needs to back it up with facts, I listed "why" Matterazi got his booking, in the first leg wasnt for that 1 foul, for that alone then yea it would have been harsh.

I have admitted the red in the 2nd leg wasnt a red, but were was Inter Milan up until then? 0-0? and barely a threat we created as much as them.

I dont comment on Seria A as I dont watch it, but I have seen your teams in the CL this season and I find them slow, boring and defensive (oh and all out again)

you dont find many top sides in the CL losing both the home and away legs, but this seems a common thing for the Italian clubs now a days :)

ps... I dont listen to the media I go by my own thoughts from what ive seen

Guest melbguy1

I fail to see what a WC has to do with LFC vs Inter' date=' and how did I say that?

in the 2nd leg, LFC 2-0 lead what did Inter do? if it was the other way around LFC would have flown at Inter in the 2nd leg and tried anything to win the match.

Inter never, they was defensive 2-0 down!!!, slow and boring I watched every minute of the match I know what I saw.

I dont see what the "everyone hates us" attitude has to do with my thoughts on our match.

but you are the one saying LFC was lucky you are the one who needs to back it up with facts, I listed "why" Matterazi got his booking, in the first leg wasnt for that 1 foul, for that alone then yea it would have been harsh.

I have admitted the red in the 2nd leg wasnt a red, but were was Inter Milan up until then? 0-0? and barely a threat we created as much as them.

I dont comment on Seria A as I dont watch it, but I have seen your teams in the CL this season and I find them slow, boring and defensive (oh and all out again)

you dont find many top sides in the CL losing both the home and away legs, but this seems a common thing for the Italian clubs now a days :)

ps... I dont listen to the media I go by my own thoughts from what ive seen[/quote']

haha, why don't you answer the question. Lucky or not in this years CL campaign!

Well you started making genralistic comments about Italians and their playing styles and I was pointing out that we have won big silverware recently playing rather attacking style of play.

I backed up the facts for LFC being lucky... sending offs (plural) against Inter (1st team defender not able to play return leg) and the penalty.

So the question is: has LFC been lucky this CL campaign.. YES/NO (circle only one) :)

haha' date=' why don't you answer the question. Lucky or not in this years CL campaign!

Well you started making genralistic comments about Italians and their playing styles and I was pointing out that we have won big silverware recently playing rather attacking style of play.

I backed up the facts for LFC being lucky... sending offs against Inter (1st team defender not able to play return leg) and the penalty.

So the question is: has LFC been lucky this CL campaign.. YES/NO (circle only one) :)[/quote']

lol!! lucky in what way! I have said I thought both were bookings in the 1st leg due to the "amount" of fouls they was making everytime Torres and co got goal side.

in the 2nd leg it wasnt a red card, but what difference does that make when Inter wasnt doing anythning? its not like he got sent off after 5mins and Inter was dominating the match.

we got lucky in the 1st leg against Arsenal with the Hleb pen, but I can name LOADS of teams in this years CL were a pen decision has gone against them.

but seems you seem to like this theory about "luck" winning games and maybe we wouldnt be there without it, and you always list and love the Italian WC win.

remember this mate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G7tCw7SVA4

bout 36 secs in the replay, I think that shows everything ... so was the Italians "lucky" to win the WC?

Still no yes / no answer ? Geez' date=' No wonder why LFC fans are leading this poll [url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=19373[/url]

yeah thats a good way to skip every point in a debate mate, but you also never answered my question about Italy did you :)

I dont get defensive or angry when ppl post against LFC, it honestly doesnt bother me in the slightest I will just post my thoughts.

but just for the record I did answer, I said we was lucky in the 1st leg against Arsenal with the Hleb pen, against Inter no we wasnt lucky Inter were just rubbish even with 11 men.

Maybe people could find excuses why all the other Italian clubs were knocked out, maybe they just I dunno aint good enough?

Italian leaders beaten by struggling 4th placed LFC, kinda like when we knocked out Juve they was top of Seria A we was struggling in 5th.

says a bit for the EPL Vs Seria A debate :)

Guest melbguy1

yeah thats a good way to skip every point in a debate mate' date=' but you also never answered my question about Italy did you :)

I dont get defensive or angry when ppl post against LFC, it honestly doesnt bother me in the slightest I will just post my thoughts.

but just for the record I did answer, I said we was lucky in the 1st leg against Arsenal with the Hleb pen, against Inter no we wasnt lucky Inter were just rubbish even with 11 men.

Maybe people could find excuses why all the other Italian clubs were knocked out, maybe they just I dunno aint good enough?

Italian leaders beaten by struggling 4th placed LFC, kinda like when we knocked out Juve they was top of Seria A we was struggling in 5th.

says a bit for the EPL Vs Seria A debate :)[/quote']

geez, someone just makes an observation that LFC was lucky and this is the reponse they get even when a LFC fan actually agrees that the very late penalty agaist Arsenal was lucky... pretty touchy if you ask me.

LFC played against a 10 man Inter team for almost 90 mins over the 2 legs, and the cards given were dubious.

We can argue all night about what would have happened even if the cards weren't given, i.e Inter is just that poo.

ok, Liverpool have not been lucky during this CL campaign and that web site is run by a Man U fan... better?