Encouragement for people to take smaller teams?

I had an idea which perhaps should not be top of SM's priority list, but may encourage people to take up smaller teams.

Now I'm sure most people from time to time look at the top managers board and many people try to get their name onto this (don't pretend you don't we know you do ;):P ). Well how about if we could have a smaller leaderboard for all teams on SM. This sounds complicated but shouldn't be and let me explain.

I'm going to use Bristol City as an example as I know there are forumers currently taking the Bristol City challenge. What I'm proposing is that there should be a drop down menu where you can find the club of your choice (possibly a bit like the real life clubs search facility). You then search for your team of interest (in this case Bristol City) and clicking on them displays a list of the top 20 (or more) managers with that club of all time.

So what are the advantages:

1) You could have the privelige of being the top performer with your home town/favourite club and would not have to manage a big club to get on a best managers leaderboard

2) More people will get on leaderboards and feel self-satisfied

3) Managers could get on multiple club leaderboards and we could be impressed by managers who are on lots of leaderboards.

4) People are more likely to take smaller teams as a challenge to get onto/top the relevant club leaderboard and forumers can also assess the success of their challenges

It should not be too difficult to implement as I understand SM have most of the stats and these days calculate manager points in set-up history. Updating the table is the only problem I envisage. We may even get more small clubs being taken up :)

Re: Encouragement for people to take smaller teams?

Hmm nice idea. But not everybody really cares about the top managers... I've only ever looked once ;)

Yes I do agree to some extents. But the tables could be used in other ways as I've stated. For example managers currently doing the Bristol C/Leeds/Bradford challenges on the forum really have no idea how they fair against one another. Such tables will give a good way of comparing each others performances.

Also I'm sure not everyone would be impressed with getting top of the leaderboards but some will and anything which encourages more people to take smaller clubs can't be bad ;)

Yes I do agree to some extents. But the tables could be used in other ways as I've stated. For example managers currently doing the Bristol C/Leeds/Bradford challenges on the forum really have no idea how they fair against one another. Such tables will give a good way of comparing each others performances.

Also I'm sure not everyone would be impressed with getting top of the leaderboards but some will and anything which encourages more people to take smaller clubs can't be bad ;)

I've been silenced... Can't find anything else wrong with the idea tbh. Your getting the rep :)

:)Nice idea Doc:)

Is this aimed at the standard setups?

or do you envisage seperate ones for custom' date='Gold etc?[/quote']

Well, the standard set-ups for starters to test the waters, I guess. Although, I can't see why it couldn't work for all forms of set-up. I guess they could be separate if SM had the time to arrange all the tables :)

Think This Isa Great Idea & Has A Large Scope For All Sorts Of Idea's..

1) Comparrissons Of All Clubs :

(For Example If I Manage Shelbourne I Can Go Through All The Other Shelbournes That Are Managed/Not Managed & See How I Fair)

Obviosly There Would Have To Be Some Sort of Order Like (Avg Points etc etc)

Maybe Have On-Site The Best 10 Managers of Each Club In The Game (100 Matches +)

See All Shelbourne Supporters Ranking (Example)

:Shelbourne Fans:

1) Shels FC {Forum} Manages Real Madrid, Avg Points 2.90

2) Joe Duffy, Manages Liverpool, Avg Point 260

Probily More I Can Think Off..

anything which encourages more people to take smaller clubs can't be bad ;)

Right... I prefer to manage a small team in a full setup rather than managing a big team in a half full setup. Many WC's are even less than half full. I don't get why people still buy themselves those same old WC's while we have Argentinian, Mexican and Portugese setups now. They always get full, even the small teams get taken in those. But that's another issue.

Glad to see most people like the idea so far :) . Also like Shels idea of separate fans sections.

I feel it is definitely worth SM some investing some time in this (even more so than when I first suggested it) as I feel that numerous new challenges will be generated as a result. Managers who feel they have achieved all they can in the game may be re-invigorated by the challenge of topping a team table or a fans group table (as Shels suggested) and may not end up leaving the game :).