Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mark my words, this lad will be amazing. Heres a video from a recent reserve game against West Ham (note; he was the youngest player on the pitch) as he just got promoted to the reserves. He's Engli

Re: Jack Wilshere - Arsenal Really pleased hes been added to the DB. Hes a must have player for the future.

Re: Jack Wilshere - Arsenal

I did raise a ticket today just to get clarification about this 450 minutes, and basically its up to SM's discretion when they add players to the DB.

Got to ticket' date=' and if you specify lets say that he played 1 game, the note will come that he needs to play 450 minutes. You haven't missed anything m8. Not sure why is he in the game before English ratings.

Im glad that he is though, as i got him in my Dinamo for a minimum 300,000:D[/quote']

Guest Abdel Zizi

I'm in the same WC as forumer Adonis (we discovered that this week , after 4 seasons:p )and in a bidding war I've managed to capture him for a mind blowing 26.5m £.

BTW , I'm Anderlecht , so that was like more than half of my budget.

Still , he's worth it

I feel a bit hard done by! In one of my English setups' date=' I bid 350K for him, there were no bids for him at the time I bid.

When I checked this morning he signed for Hull City for 350K, how does that work out, when I bid the same amount? :confused:[/quote']

And if you had got him it would heave been unfair on Hull. This has happened several times to me with free agents and players (in fact happened to me with Jack when he chose Southampton over my QPR). I guess the player has a choice, either based on the position of the bidding clubs or maybe even at random? Pure guesswork, but I don't think there;s any unfairness or conspiracy, some you win and some you lose....

Guest Abdel Zizi

And if you had got him it would heave been unfair on Hull. This has happened several times to me with free agents and players (in fact happened to me with Jack when he chose Southampton over my QPR). I guess the player has a choice' date=' either based on the position of the bidding clubs or maybe even at random? Pure guesswork, but I don't think there;s any unfairness or conspiracy, some you win and some you lose....[/quote']

When they bid the same amount of cash , the first one to bid should get him.

Simple as that.

You want a player , bid more than the other one.

• 1 month later...

Capello 'could call on Wilshere'

Arsenal boss says teenager could head to 2010 World Cup

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger admits it is a possibility that teenager Jack Wilshere could represent England at the 2010 World Cup.

Wilshere, 16, has caught the eye this season after making his first three senior appearances for the Gunners, scoring once in the Carling Cup.

And Wenger concedes the midfielder could follow team-mate Theo Walcott, who received a shock call-up to the England setup in 2006.

The French coach said in The Sun: "Theo was only 17 when he went to the last World Cup and had never played a single Premier League game.

"Wilshere will be 18 by 2010 and will have played for us in the league and in the UEFA Champions League. So you cannot rule out the possibility of him going to the World Cup.

"I believe the Football Association has already decided the first step for him is to move up to the Under 21s next year and see how he deals with that.

"We have to assess the situation in two years but he is a very passionate and determined boy and very strong physically, even though he is quite small."

Expectation

Wenger went on to reiterate that he will not rush Wilshere's development as he looks to ease him into the pressures of first-team football.

He continued: "I think we did the right thing with Theo. Until you are 19 you cannot be considered as a regular.

"The only exception to that rule was Cesc Fabregas, but he had a very mature game at a very young age.

"From 16 to 19 is a very important period in a player's development. The level of expectation becomes very high and you have to show that you are ready to deal with that pressure.

"You can put a boy of 16 under too much pressure and that can kill their freedom and their appetite for the game.

"Right now Jack Wilshere can play a game or two in the first- team but he is not ready to play week-in, week-out at a consistent level. The demands in this league are too high."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12098_4502100,00.html

Wenger obviously has high hopes for the lad.

"I believe the Football Association has already decided the first step for him is to move up to the Under 21s next year and see how he deals with that."

Set to be in the U21's by the time he's 17. :eek:

Slobodan Rajkovic debuted for Serbia's U-21 at the age of 16.

Adem Ljajic scored a goal for Serbia's U-21 at the age of 17.

Danijel Aleksic played for Serbia's U-21 at age of 17.

Vujadin Savic as well.

This is nothing spectacular.

Batuhan played for Turkey's U-21 at age 17.

Bojan Krkic...

Balloteli...

Pato... Etc etc

The list goes on.

Lets see how this kid develops. I don't like the hype. Especially in England..it makes you feel like a superstar and you ease up.

Vujadin Savic as well.

Bojan Krkic...

Balloteli...

Pato... Etc etc

The list goes on.

Lets see how this kid develops. I don't like the hype. Especially in England..it makes you feel like a superstar and you ease up.

Can I add to that?

Fabian Delph - soon to play for England U21s aged 18.

Vujadin Savic as well.

Bojan Krkic...

Balloteli...

Pato... Etc etc

The list goes on.

But, no offense, they aren't exactly, 'big' countries. The only players you mentioned from big countries are still very big names. You're probably going to say, "well, England aren't exactly big" - the fact of the matter is, England have some wonderful players, they just don't perform, so to get into the U21's is an achievement, especially at such a young age.

I agree that the English media causes so much problems for footballers these days... :rolleyes:

But' date=' no offense, they aren't exactly, 'big' countries. The only players you mentioned from big countries are still very big names. You're probably going to say, "well, England aren't exactly big" - the fact of the matter is, England have some wonderful players, they just don't perform, so to get into the U21's is an achievement, especially at such a young age.

I agree that the English media causes so much problems for footballers these days... :rolleyes:[/quote']

Couldn't agree more and those players you listed are all turning out to be world beaters so shouldn't wilshere too?

Believe me im no mug when it comes to players and il bet you my bank savings this lads a 90+ by the time hes 20.

As for Delph I had a chat with him yesterday and he sais he hasn't really heard much but hes excited! :)

• 1 month later...

This kid sure is good. Praises for him just keep flowing in. Wenger just praised him again.

Wenger Hails Wilshire

"I believe he will end up a central midfielder, just off the striker in the Bergkamp role,'' Wenger said. "I am convinced he will have tremendous penetrative power and we forget that this boy is only 16 and already has so much power - you give him four more years and he will be massively strong.

"He can find the final ball and can also score goals. He is a passionate and committed guy, he is not afraid of tackles and you would want this type of player to finish off central.

"But I would not like to put too much pressure on him because of the expectation level. That is one of the problems you have when you are talented and very young- Theo Walcott went through that.

"At the start there is a lot of enthusiasm around players, and suddenly afterwards people say, 'Oh he is not as good as we thought he would be', there is a lot of scepticism around the player. He has to survive at the top level and it is not easy.

"Theo coped well with that and I am confident we can surround Jack well enough to deal with it.''