Gold Championship 15 - Match Reports / Transfers ETC.

Spoon

Re: Gold Championship 15 - Match Reports / Transfers ETC.

barcelona2.jpg

Barca Ready For New Season!!!

After a very active pre-season. Barca boss Sparky insists that his team are ready for the new season. Barcelona have been one of the most active team in the transfer market which saw 29 new faces at the Nou Camp.

The transfers also saw Nou Camp favourites Carlos Puyol, Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho leave the Catalan club. Fans were furious with the transfers but were said to be 'pleased' with the new replacements.

A fan told SMTV:

"I was weary of the new manager first, coming in and selling all the superstars is not the best moves to make. But he has made some smart moves which also includes some top youths, lets just see if these players can adapt to Barca football"

_41657198_gal_champs1.jpg

Fans Showing Confidence In New Manager

Sparky then took time out to talk to SMTV:

"I's always a dream to manage a club like Barcelona, I may have to prove myself but I am loving every minute of it here. We have some great players, we may have sold some key players but I believe we have the ideal replacements. All we need is a positive start to the season so we can take it from there and hopefully challenge for the La Liga and SMFA Cup."

Barcelona's Who's Who?

With the first game being played today, Barcelona need to sort out their roles being played on the pitch. With the absence of captains Puyol and Ronaldinho, the giants needed a new captain and set piece taker.

Captain:

The new captain for Barcelona is experienced Mexican centre back Rafael Marquez. The player, who was surprised to have remained at the Nou camp was selected to lead his team on the pitch.

Sparky told SMTV: "He's one of the most experienced player on the pitch, his future was in doubt but I feel that he has many more years to come at the Nou Camp"

79846.jpg

New Captain Rafael Marquez

Set Piece Takers:

Penalties will be taken by French striker Thierry Henry who has vowed to get back in form and help Barcelona challenge for the title. The Frenchman had trouble adapting to Spanish football but has insisted that he will be back in form to help Barca.

thierry_henry_barca_the_associated_.jpg

Henry In Charge Of Penalties

Free kicks will be taken by world player Ricardo kaka, the new signing will be looking to impress as makes his debut today against Racing Santander. Kaka has proved before that he can score from almost anywhere and will play a vital role in free kicks.

_39956753_kaka_ap300x300.jpg

Kaka - New Free Kick Taker

Corners will also be taken by a new signing, Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien who will boss the midfield with his experience and ability.

070808_essien_wl.jpg

New Corner Taker

Barcelona will play Racing Santander today, although it may be one sided on papaer, Sparky has told the critics not to underestimate their opponents:

"They are a great club, they have also made some great signings and they shouldn't be underestimated"

Re: GC 15 Discussion thread.

Amrabat for loan to Lokomotiv Moskva as they showed great interest!!!

Ross, make a bid tonight or he will be going to someone else :)

I guess my squad is complete, could do with a world class CB but I guess no one will want to sell.

Also may need a World Class CM/LM :P:D,

Have had huge interests for Messi Via PM's,

Don't really wanna sell him but only offers that cannot be ignored will be 'considered' :P

NO CASH

Good luck to everyone tonight ;)

sevilla.gifSevilla- Vs LaventeLevante-Logo.gif

Manager Daniel Bolam is ready for tonights Game against Lavante , he lost his freindly 3-2 against Marseille on friday , Daniel Said ' I was experimenting , playing players in new positions , trying to find a good formation. I played a formation that was not familiar with Sevilla , so he will go back to the Daimond formation .

Starting on his debute today is 19-year-old Karim Benzema who will play alongside Kanoute who will be leaving tommorow. Benzema said ' errrrrrr , i am very sad , errrrrr i feel me and freddy could of had a new errr errr partnership but it was not to be '.

Daniel Alves's position look certain at sevilla as Daniel has had no bids that have nudged him , he wanted a 93 and a 90 rated Defender , but Daniel said today ' save your bids '. He will start Captain today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel signs a cup Duo

iaquinta6zu7.jpg

dANIEL SIGNED BOTH Vinchenzo Iaquinta and Carvalha Amauri yesterday , this is after Daniel had been busy negotiating with both Managers , Amauri is now out on loan after Ross Philp needed a Striker , Daniel will need both for Cup games and Iaquinta will be a sub for Sevilla.

wf.03.02.07.la.liga.logo.gif

Real Madrid - Avard

Barcelona - Sparky

Athletico Madrid - AisianInvasion

Espanyol - Sheva

Zaragoza- SOP

Villareal - Tom Eesha

Sevilla - Daniel Bolam

La liga - Basicly a forumer League:rolleyes:

Ac Milan Begin There Season Tonight At Home To Reggina

New Signings Are All In The Squad And Hoping To Get Off To A Winning Start:d

Goodluck To Everybody Involved In Gc15

Except Me Im Guessing :P

barcelona2.jpg

161.gifRacing Santander 1-6 Barcelona140.gif

A brilliant start for Barcelona which takes a huge amount of pressure off new manager Sparky. They fielded a very central formation and it paid off due to their fantastic scoring ability.

Frenchman Thierry Henry scored twice as well as Gatusso. Lionel Messi and Ambrosini also got into the scoresheet.

A delighted Sparky told SMTV:

"It's magnificent! I am absolutely pleased for the lads, they earned this win. I hope they can carry on this form."

French Striker Thierry Henry showed signs of sticking to his promise after the hitman vowed to bounce back and help Barca win great things.

thierry_henry_barca_the_associated_.jpg

Henry Starts Well

Barcelona are first after the first game due to their magnificent scoring record.

Guest the plummer

Loius Mattiss?

ffs only beat me 2-0 and he is celtic and i am alloa and he was at home

ha:cool:

1.gif

Arsenal win first Game of the Season 2-1 beating

Manchester City

!!!

Tonight Arsenal Faced Manchester City it was a tought in-counter between the sides.

Manchester City took an early lead after just 28 minutes with a Goal coming from Bulgarian international Martin Petrov the Winger Scored a great Header. The half time whisle went Arsenal Fans booed of Nick Justice and his Team. Then 7 minutes into the Second Half New Centeral Midfielder Wearing the No.7Shirt scored a Fluke goal from a mistake by Cities Defence made a mistake none the less it was a goal said Arsenal boss laughing. Then 10 minutes from time A Goal B new Italian star Alberto Gilardino Scored a easy goal to give the gunners there first win of the Season which pleased the fans After the Game.

212FD3C1-CBDA-7533-A5A474BBF7BAB295.jpg

Scored first goal For Arsenal

Alberto_Gilardino_576892.jpg

Scored the Winner for Arsenal

MoM

Emmanuel Adebayor

adebayor.jpg

Guest Toggs

200px-SL_Benfica_logo.svg.png

Al-Ahly 1-3 Benfica

Toggs first game at the saw a hostile atmosphere not troubled his side, as they cruised to a 3-1 victory against a transformed Al-Ahly.

The match started brightly with Benfica creating several chances in the first 10 minutes. The majority of the crowd were signing 'Al-Ahly Chants' but they were all silenced as Christian Rodriguez, who beat Diego Rincon to the start AM role, put Benfica ahead with a spectacular long range strike.

Toggs told reporters that Rocchi would shine in Portugal, and signs of that happening became apparent when his deflected shot went into the bottom of the corner. His first of the campaign.

After half time, Benfica quietend and were focused on keeping possession, which they did fairly well. The win was for certain when Rocchi fired home his second from just outside the box. Callistron gave Al-Ahly a constallation late on but it wasnt enough.

341094-1801576-317-238.jpg

Rocchi already on form.

2.gifAston Villa 0-3 Newcastle Utd52.gif

Scorers

Yohan CABAYE (Newcastle Utd), 5 & 72 mins

Joey BARTON (Newcastle Utd), 36 mins

Newcastle Utd got their season off to a terrific start as they managed to win 3-0 away to Aston Villa, the game was only five minutes old as Newcastle Utd's new signing Yohan CABAYE put them 1-0 up which looked to be offside but the decision wasn't given and Newcastle Utd were 1-0 up, the referee seemed to be having a shocker as on the 13th minute he sent off Michael OWEN for diving which surely should have been just a yellow card going by the laws of the game but he sent him off and Newcastle Utd were down to ten men, Newcastle Utd were down to ten men but that didn't stop them as they scored there second goal on the 36th minute and the goal was scored by Joey BARTON and that sent Newcastle Utd 2-0 up going into the break.

The next major incident came on the 69th minute as the referee gave Aston Villa striker Lukas PODOLSKI a second yellow card for dissent and that was the two teams down to ten men for the remainder of the game, only three minutes after sending off the Aston Villa striker, Newcastle Utd had scored and it was new signing Yohan CABAYE who grabbed a brace of goals on his debut to make it 3-0 to Newcastle Utd and to give them the perfect start to the season.

SANTOS LOSE OPENING GAME..

Gadga's santos entertained boca juniors at the Vila Belmiro, what was a close game santos went down 3-2.

Santos midfielder Dos Santos was doing all the running and play making but soon found themselves 1-0 down in the 14th minutue, santos was soon level when Molina scored with a powerful right foot shot in the 24th min

m_molina_mauricio_vt.jpg

scores SANTOS first goal of the season..

just before half time boca got there second in the 42nd min..

In the second half it was the same as the first as Dos Santos once again trying to get santos going with some nice play making, but santos found themselves 3-1 in the 55th min, with gadga's style santos never gave up and pulled the scores back to 3-2 in the 73rd min when Kleber curled aright foot shoot that glided in just past the post

kleber00TH70_.gif

gets santos second..

gazlad told smtv; that he is pleased with the performance tonite, it is always a tough match playing the first game of the new season has every one wants there first three points on the board, i thought the lads did well, playing boca is always going to be tough and i feel that we can go from strength to strength from tonites performance..

Re: GC 15 Discussion thread.

Lost 2-1 to CSKA :o

Gonna need to set my tactics and possibly change my formation for my next game.

Well i did totally change my formation and tactics and it seems to have worked :D

Navas and Diego got Debut goals and the other goal was scored by Bodmer in the 3-0 thrashing of Sochaux. Other great games were played by: Grosso (MoM), Govou (Assist), Van Der Vaart (Assist) and Cris (Assist)

This season is gunna be a good un methinks :D

Celtic%20skin.jpg

Celtic off to great start!

Celtic 2-0 Alloa Athletic

Friend met friend, Scotlan met England, and Celtic met Alloa Athletic in the first game on the GC15 SPL Season.

Celtic were looking for a good start as they play Rangers on Wednesday in the first old-firm derby. Celtic dominated 58% possession and had a total of 6 out of 17 shots on target. Despite that, both of Celtic's goals came in the second half. The first from new-loanee Oliver Dacourt fumbled his chip over the line to put Celtic 1-0 up. With the game looking to be a 1-0 win for Celtic. Celtic didnt want Alloa scoring in the dieing seconds of the game, they made sure they didnt as new captain Tomas Rosicky poked the ball past the defending on the line after a goal mouth scramle. Celtic sit second after the first game of the season.

rosickyhy6.jpg

dacourtzw8.jpg

(Goals from Dacourt and Rosicky helped Celtic to a victory on opening day)

Modest Start to a Promising Season

1852.gif

Tonight, Rubin Kazan started their season in timid fashion. Kazan's opponents were Eastern European giants Dynamo Kiev, from neighbouring country Ukraine. Despite Rubin Kazan having home advantage, it was the travelling Ukrainians who were favourites to take all of the points at Tsentralni, such is the strength of their squad. The game was, in truth, a game of two halves.

Over 30,000 people turned out for the season opener, and they were treated to a lightning start. It took only 2 minutes for the away side to show their strength, when Ismael Bangoura drilled home a right-footed shot past the despairing Kazan keeper, Vladimir Gabulov. However, the home side rallied, and it was only 6 minutes after going one behind when the home side equalised on the 8th minute. A thundering effort from attacking-midfielder Sergei Semak sent the home fans into raptures. Just when it seemed the match was calming down, journeyman striker Savo Milosevic finished a neat move with a typically cool finish to complete the comeback for the Russian side after only 19 minutes. After the madness of the first 20 minutes, the opening half seemed to be lulling into an anti-climax, but just 2 minutes before half-time Kiev defender Goran Gavrancic broke Russian hearts, uncharacteristically pulling out something spectacular. After using his blistering pace to get past the defenders, the 29-year old delicately chipped the Kazan keeper to pull the away side level again.

A frantic and exciting opening half ended with the sides level at 2-2, the second half promising much of the same.

Half Time: Rubin Kazan 2-2 Dynamo Kiev

After 15 minutes of inspirational pep-talks from their managers, the players came back onto the field, the fans expecting more entertainment. The players disappointed. A scrappy, end-to-end half, which failed to provide any real clear-cut chances ended as it started. A 2-2 draw, which probably provided the managers food-for-thought rather than satisfaction, left both sets of fans slightly disappointed, despite the attacking promise shown in the first half. Man of the Match was Savo Milosevic, who was a constant thorn in the side of the Dynamo defence, but the away side's keeper Oleksandr Shovkovskyi also gave an inspired performance.

Full Time: Rubin Kazan 2 (2)-(2) 2 Dynamo Kiev

bruges2106cccc.jpg

Man of the Match Savo Milosevic, pictured playing for national side Serbia, will be a great asset for Rubin Kazan this season.

Perhaps the most satisfied of the two managers will be Tom Mills, manager of home side Rubin Kazan. After seeing his side, with an averaging rating lower of that of Dynamo Kiev, hold a side expecting to challenge for the league title, Mills will be upbeat about the number efforts his side managed to get on target, with 11 out of 16 shots hitting the target, and Mills knows that given most teams in the league don't have as good a goalkeeper as 91-rated Oleksandr Shovkovskyi, he's sure his side will be an attacking force to be reckoned with.

After the game, Rubin Kazan manager Tom Mills gave this statement. "If you'd have offered me a point before the game, I'd have snapped your hand off. After seeing the game, and the number of times we hit the target, perhaps we could've sneaked this one. Dynamo's keeper was fantastic, and really was the reason they got out of the game with anything. My defence, however, will be doing a lot of work in training between now and out next game. Today, we've shown we can frighten some of the best in the division. I expect a win in our next game, to kick-start our season. This really could be a good year for Rubin Kazan."

Rubin's next game on Wednesday sees them travel to fellow Russian side Krylia Sovetov, who were demolished in their opening game 4-0 against Shakhtar Donetsk. "They'll be determined to bounce back after their heavy defeat on Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure our side of superior strength can claim all 3 points."

Off the pitch, on the transfer front, Rubin Kazan have made only one more addition to their squad after the early season flourish of 18 signings. Promising Dutch full-back Leroy Fer signed from Dutch giants Feyenoord for a modest £2.4m, but is expected to have little effect on the starting 11 for the majority of this season.

a1_0708_ferleroy_scaled_7.jpg

New signing Leroy Fer, pictured in his Feyenoord days, is definitely a long-term investment, but one which Mills believes will pay off.

One game down, Rubin Kazan manager now knows what his side are capable of, and is convinced that his side can mount a real assault on the so-called big teams in the league, and perhaps be the 'dark horses' for a title challenge. One thing is for certain, Rubin Kazan certainly won't drop points cheaply, which is a good asset to have for potential title winners.

atletico_madrid.jpg

Atletico Madrid VS Espanyol

Last Night Atletico Madrid started their season with a game at the Vicente Calderon against Catalan outfit Espanyol. Atletico Announced a 4-2-2-2 formation, with Abbiati in goals, Antonio Lopez and new signing Carlos Diogo on the defensive flanks, while Pepe and Legrottaglie looked to shut up shop in front of the keeper. Raul Garcia and Guti played in less advanced roles, while Simao and Maxi were given the go-ahead to attack. Del Piero and Raul completed the line-up, and Samra must have been hoping this experienced front line will get him lots of goals in matches to come.

1st Half

The game started nearly straight away, in the 3rd minute Kameni had to pull off a stupendous save to deny Raul a debut goal, and then only 6 minutes later the first booking was issued to Simao for a foolish challenge on the edge of the box.

14509_news.jpg

Kameni showed why Tottenham are after him, with a great save!

A minute later and Atletico were again on the attack, Simao swinging in a peach of a ball, where Carlos Diogo found himself in an unfamiliar position to head the ball across the face of goal.

2312_news.jpg

Don't Quit your day job Carlos, you're not a good attacker.

Espanyol were being forced to stay in their own half by wave after wave of attack, but in the 15th minute, Valdo hit Atletico on the counter and found himself in the box, as he was about to pull the trigger Pepe came in for a block, Valdo appealed for a penalty, but the referee denied his appeal.

Atletico were being frustrated by the number of chances they could not put away, however they broke through in the 24th minute, Maxi recieved the ball on the edge of his own box, and made a barn-storming run down the right flank, before playing a magnificent cross-field ball towards Simao, whose instant control and turn gave him the opportunity to shoot, and what a shot it was, it nestled into the top corner from approximately 25 yards.

Opened the scoring with a curler!

The goal woke Espanyol up, however it was still Atletico who created the better chances, Simao with a speculative over-head kick which went just over the crossbar. Smiljanic and Zabaleta came close, but Smiljanic's effort was comfortably cleared off the line, while Zabaleta came within inches of scoring after he had lost his marker and was allowed a free header. De La Pena was booked, and this affected his ability to get stuck in, knowing that a mistimed challenge would lead to a early bath. This uncertainty gave Raul Garcia two brilliant chances, one came back off the crossbar, while the other went desparingly wide.

Half Time

Atletico 1 - 0 Espanyol

Atletico went in with a comfortable 1-0 lead, Espanyol rarely threatened, and when they did, they did without purpose.

2nd Half

What a team-talk Sheva gave, his team came out pumped and hungry for an equaliser, and they got it with only 3 minutes of the second half played. Riera smashing a shot off the crossbar, and Smiljanic following up with the easiest of tap-ins.

20595_news.jpg

Put away one of the easiest chances he will ever get!

Atletico immediately went on the attack, Kameni being called into action once again to deny Maxi, who hit a 35-yard schorcher! Del Piero smashed a dipping shot from 25 yards onto the post, with Espanyol nervously clearing. The final booking of the game was given to Pepe for apparent shirt-pulling, Atletico pushed and pushed, but could not find a break-through. Not until a mazy run by captain Raul led to a cut back, no-one seemed to be able to get to it, when from out of nowhere Raul Garcia, who must have made up about 30 yards, volleyed the shot high into the net. Espanyol were stunned, and could not reply in the 4 minutes left, Abbiati tipping over a ferocious shot in the final few minutes.

Raul_Garcia_controla_balon_Javi_Garcia.jpg

Match Winner Raul Garcia!

Raul Garcia was handed MOM for his tireless display and goal!

Next up is an AWAY game against Real Murcia.

Samra has stated that he is looking for a 92+ LB and CM or DM, Please contact him if you have one for sale!

265.gif

A Sloppy Start

Metalist Kharkiv 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg

Luke Deveney's opening game of the season certainly didnt go the way he wished as his new outfit went down narrowly 1-0 to Ukrainian side Metalist Kharkiv. The game was very tight indeed throughout the ninety minutes, but the game was won in the 79th minute by Kharkiv's central midfielder Serhiy Valyayev, who fired in a 20 yard screamer which was worthy of winning any game you are ever likely to see.

New signings Diego Colotto and Jose Edmilson came together and partnered each other in the centre of the Zenit back four, and in both their respective debuts they didn't look at their best and were shaky at times in the hostile atmosphere of the Metalist, which only had around 100 seats empty for the evening's game. The home crowd was right behind their side and they definitely sensed the opportunity of a shock against a 'big' side such as St Petersburg, and they managed to produced the goods. Zenit, although probably favoured by most to win this game, were never under the impression that the game was going to be easy and certainly weren't affected by complacency, as manager Luke Deveney had warned them throughout the time before the game that they were a well-organised team who had made good signings. Manager Paul Maslin has brought in the likes of Anthony Lurling and 'magic' Zurawski and they both performed well on their debuts, with Lurling picking up the Man of the match award for his all-action display in midfield.

On the positive side for Zenit, Mexican central midfielder Luis Perez looked very neat and tidy in the midfield and as usual Anyukov and Arshavin played their part, but ultimately they could not break down a stubborn but technically-gifted Kharkiv side who looked strong on their home patch. Next up for Zenit is their first home game of the season against Legia Warszawa, who are managerless at the moment but won their first game and could be another tough tie in what is clearly a super-competitive league. Deveney was interviewed after his sides opening day defeat, and had this to say for himself:

Well i did feel confident that we could take some points away from this game, but i did expect it to be tight and that is was. They dug in well and fought for every ball, and have obviously scored a wonder goal which can often be the killer difference in such a game as ours tonight. I thought our new signings did fine tonight and I feel we can bounce right back from this defeat in midweek, Warszawa will be tough but a win would be great for the confidence.

th_sm_wcaq216068041.jpg

Luis Perez performed strongly on his Zenit debut, albeit in a losing effort

FC Porto Win Their Opening Game

The Enemy - Sporting Lisbon

Referee - Haim Jakov

Attendance - 50,990

Line Ups

FC Porto - Helton (9), Bosingwa (9), Fucile (9), Bruno Alves (7), Pedro Emanuel (9), Paulo Assuncao (7), Lucho Gonzalez (8), Raul Meireles (8), Lisandro Lopez (10) (MOM), Zyryanov (6), Quaresma (9)

Sporting Lisbon - Tiago (5), Anderson Polga (7), Joao Moutinho (6), Liedson (4), Derlei (4), Izmailov (7), Gladstone (5), Rodrigo Tiui (5), Farnerud (7), Stojkovic (3), Purovic (5)

1st Half

The game started with a bang, with lone striker, Lisandro Lopez, driving the ball towards the Sporting Lisbon goal, and fortunately scoring, after Tiago in the Sporting goal let the ball squirm under his body and into the net for 1-0. Throughout the next 20 minutes, Sporting had 3 chances to score, the first chance fell to Rodrigo Tiui, whose brilliant, mazey dribble, ended with a poor shot off target. A drilled cross from the Sporting wing, had the Porto defence all over the place, but Milan Purovic failed to control the ball, and before he knew it the chance had gone. Purovic's touch deserted him again in the 20th minute, after he burst through on goal, but a poor first touch let him down. Six minutes later, Lisandro Lopez grabbed his 2nd of the match, with a venomous strike into the top corner, after an inch perfect through ball was laid into his path, by Lucho Gonzalez. The game then turned into a midfield battle for the next seven minutes, but in the 33rd minute, Pontus Farnerud's wonderful header, glided inside Helton's far post, to get Sporting back in the game at 2-1. Ricardo Quaresma, almost made it 3-1 just before half time, but his shot was cleared off the line.

HT - 2-1

2nd Half

The first ten minutes of the 2nd half, were eagerly contested by both teams, Joe Charley's Porto came the closest though, after hitting the bar with a great effort. Supurb goalkeeping by Tiago in the Sporting goal, prevented the follow up. In the 53rd minute, Milan Purovic continued his woeful performance, with a poor shot, after beating the offside trap, with a perfectly timed run. Three minutes later, and the first booking of the match was given to Porto's Paulo Assuncao, after he petulantly kicked the ball away. In the 57th minute, Milan Purovic was at it again, this time blasting over the bar, after Helton's great save. Four minutes later Sporting's Gladstone, went very close, with a header. Porto gained their second spot in Haim Jakov's notebook in the 65th minute, when Bruno Alves' clumsy tackle, earned him a booking. Just three minutes later, Porto's playmaker, Konstantin Zyryanov was sent off, for shouting verbals at the referee and kicking the ball away. This had been coming all match, because of Porto's poor dicipline. In the 70th minute, Sporting's Joao Moutinho took a rather dramatic dive in the Porto penalty area, only for the referee to tell him to get up, on the dance floor 10/10, on the football pitch 0/10, disgraceful. Sporting then drifted out of the game, not making the most of their one man advantage, and were made to pay as Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma picked up a loose ball from a corner, and thumped it on the half volley into the net, in the 80th minute. The last real chance of the game, fell to Sporting's Milan Purovic, who with his hardest chance of the game, almost scored, the ball shooting over Helton's bar from thirty yards.

FT - 3-1

Statistics

FC Porto - 66% Possession, 20 Shots On Goal, 7 Shots On Target, 4 Corners, 2 Yellow Cards (Paulo Assuncao and Bruno Alves), 1 Red Card (Zyryanov)

Sporting Lisbon - 34% Possession, 15 Shots On Goal, 4 Shots On Target, 3 Corners, 0 Yellow Cards, 0 Red Cards

MOM Report

Lisandro Lopez showed his world class striking pedigree today, with 2 well taken goals, one rather fortunate, but the other a confident, cool finish. Should he continue this kind of form, he will end up the Mediterranean leagues' top scorer. Confident words from manager Joe Charley, as well, "He will remain at the club, as long as I am here, he is a true world class Argentinean prospect".

101676.jpg

Lopez should be feared this season.

Injury Report

Unfortunately Porto's Portuguese right back Bosingwa, will be out for six weeks, with a hernia. He will be sorely missed in the starting eleven, however, Porto's pre season signing Leobardo Lopez will be a more than an adequate replacement. Porto's problems lye in the right back, backup department, with only Leobardo Lopez fit, another injury or suspension for Lopez, leaves Joe Charley with a dilemma, and surely means Porto will be playing the often rubbish, sometimes unbeatable three at the back.

53445.jpg

Lopez is waiting in the shadows.

Transfer News At The Dragao - New Signings

Porto had quite a busy pre season in the transfer market, with no less than four new faces coming to the club. Newly aqquired attacking midfielder Konstantin Zyryanov was the biggest signing joining Porto for £5.8 million from top Russian side Zenit St Petersburg. However, he soon gained his first red card. Joe Charley had this to say on Zyryanov - " I have brought Zyryanov in to offer us variety in the midfield, we can now play a 4-5-1 with him playing just in front of Assuncao and Meireles, this worked well against Sporting, unfortunately Zyryanov got himself sent off, this will make him a better player, as you always learn from mistakes. It is rumoured that Tarik Sektioui was allowed to leave the club for a minimum fee, to Zenit St Petersburg, because Zenit's manager Luke Deveney allowed Zyryanov to leave for his minimum fee. Leobardo Lopez also joined the club, from Mexican outfit Pachuca for £7.7 million, from what could turn out to be a bargain. He will get his chance in the Porto first team, for around 1 and a half months, as first choice right back Bosingwa is injured. Lopez had this to say on is move -

"Sou agradado ter me unido um clube surpreendente, com uma história fantástica. Espero que eu posso impressionar no começar onze sobre os próximos meses".

(I am pleased to have joined an amazing club, with a fantastic history. I hope I can impress in the starting eleven over the coming months). Paraguayan centre midfield maestro Enrique Vera joined for £6.6 million from Ecuadorian side LDU Quito, Vera was just voted the Ecuador leagues' best foreign player. He is likely to be used as first choice backup, for Raul Meireles and Paulo Assuncao in the Porto midfield. 25 year old, Uruguay international Ruben Oliveira also joined the club for £1.0 million from his native side, Penarol. Porto's Przemyslaw Kazmierczak moved the other way, in the deal. Oliveira brings valuable experience to the Porto side.

zyryanov2.jpg

Just one of the new faces - Konstantin Zyryanov is ready to begin his Portuguese odyssey.

Transfer News At The Dragao - Out The Back Door

The biggest move on the selling front at the Dragao, was the sale of Leandro Lima. The young Brazilian prospect moved to England, where he joined Hartlepool United, of Division 3, for £5.0 million. Lima had a poor first game for the Monkey Hangers, scoring a performance of six, however, Hartlepool won 2-1. Hartlepool won the race to sign the Brazilian, beating off interest from Cruzeiro of Brazil and Lokomotiv Moskva of Russia. 30 year old Moroccan striker, Tarik Sektioui also moved away from the Dragao, signing for Russian outfit Zenit St Petersburg. He was an unused substitute in Zenit's first game, a 1-0 loss to unknowns Metalist Kharkiv. The third and final permanent leaver was Polish attackiing midfielder Przemyslaw Kazmierczak , who left the club in a part exchange deal for Ruben Oliveira, of Penarol. Two players also left Porto on loan, the first was 23 year old striker Bruno Moraes of Brazil, who joined English Division 4 side Bradford City, he contributed well in Bradford's 1-1 draw against Gillingham, gaining a performance rating of 7. Porto's star for the future, Jorge Helder Barbosa also left the club on loan, for experience purposes, to English Division 4 side Lincoln City. Just like Bruno Moraes, Barbosa made his debut last night, playing supurbly, gaining a performance rating of 8, and helping Lincoln to a 2-2 draw against Woking.

1383.jpg

Impressive On Loan - Barbosa

Transfer Gossip

The big news, is that Mallorca and Inter Milan, are competing for the signing of Porto's superstar winger Ricardo Quaresma. A tempting offer has come in from Inter, of £11.0 million + Luis Jiminez and Walter Samuel, however Mallorca have responded with an offer of £10.0 million + Daniel Guiza and Jose Nunes, but Porto manager Joe Charley is trying to get Mallorca winger Manuel Jonas Gutierrez involved in the deal, instead of Nunes. The current favourite is Inter, with Luis Jimenez involved it must be a good deal. If Quaresma does move, it will leave a big hole, but Jimenez could fill it, in the future. On thing is for sure, a titanic battle will begin for his signature tonight.

10316.jpg

Inter or Mallorca? or someone else, who knows?

The Tactics Board

Porto's main advantage this season, is the possible variety in their formations. Preferably, Joe Charley likes to play, a 4-5-1 with a flat back four consisting of Bosingwa, Fucile, Bruno Alves and Pedro Emanuel. In front of them you have the devastating midfield of Lucho Gonzalez, Quaresma, Raul Meireles and Paulo Assuscao, with Zyryanov providing the playmaking duties just in front of those four. Lisandro Lopez is the key to this formation, as the lone striker, if he plays well Porto have a great chance of winning, if he has an off day, Porto could struggle for goals and end up dropping points. However, with Zyryanov banned for three matches, it is likely Porto will switch to a 4-4-2 with Ernesto Farias partnering Lopez up front. Of course, if Jimenez comes, it will remain a 4-5-1. With Bosingwa injured, leaving only Leobardo Lopez as the only available right back, Joe Charley will switch to three at the back when Lopez is either injured, suspended or lacking fitness. This means Fucile the left back would move out, with Stepanov moving into the middle to partner Bruno Alves and Pedro Emanuel. Finally, a 4-4-1-1 may also be used this season, moving Zyryanov into a deep lying forward's role. The 4-4-2 diamond, 4-3-2-1 and 4-3-1-2 are all other formations, Porto may use this season.

Porto's Next Five Fixtures

7th May 2008 - Hajduk Split (A) - Division 1 - Tough game away to a side, managed by an experienced manager, however we should be looking for a win, if we are to challenge for the title.

10th May 2008 - Vojvodina (A) - Division 1 - Must win game, even if we are away again, we have a much stronger squad and they are a poor side.

14th May 2008 - Vitoria Setubal (H) - Division 1 - They are from Portugal, so to gain the bragging rights, a win is essential.

17th May 2008 - Aris (A) - Division 1 - This will be a difficult match, Aris are underestimated and have some good players. If we get a win, that will be a good result.

21st May 2008 - Sivasspor (H) - Division 1 - Once again a side that is underestimated, we have home advantage though, so a win is a must.

GC15 Quiz - Rep From Me For 10 Weeks Is The Prize

1. Who Is The Manager Of Parma?

2. Who Has The Best Goal Difference In The GC?

3. Who Might Be On Their Way To Porto From Inter (AM)?

4. Who Does Matt Jewiss Manage?

5. Where Do Leigh Auston's Stevenage Borough Play?

6. What Is The Most Expensive Transfer So Far? (Team Names And Amount Please)

7. Who Play Their Football At The Stadion Wisly?

8. What Was The Friendly Score Between Birmingham City And Juventus?

9. Walsall Signed A Left Back, Who?

10. Which Team Does Kenny Abdoulie Mansally Play For?

PM ME THE RESULTS!!! PM!!! - 3 People Win!!! 1 Result In!!! 2 More To Compete For!!!

Just to clear things up....

After taking care of Espanyol for my mate...he is back so i have handed him his team. So im NOT the manager of Espanyol, therefore no point in PMing me for any deals regarding the team:p. He told me that he lost the game to Athletico yesterday. Congrats Kuldeep!

Real Madrid Manager George Avard Has Put his Sights out to Capture A Left or Right Winger a 92+ who is under 26 years of age will be an advantage.

please can you PM me if u have anyone for sale thanks...

After the Skipper Raul had left Real Madrid to go to city Rivals Atletico Madrid, Madrid Manager had to re-name his skipper, after a long series of thought he had decided to give the captincy to a worthy player who is experienced so he has given it to Sergio Aguero...

Only Joking.. he has given the Captincy to Iker Cassilas...

Iker later announced "He is sad to see Raul Go like this but when we next meet i will do all i can to prevent him from scoring..."

Metzelder has also made an announcement "I will not be wanting to stay at the club for much longer" after this comment the Manager of Real Madrid has stated if the right price comes along then he will be more than happy to let him go... but the deal should include some youthful players 87+ and under 23 years of age... and maybe some cash too.. and if someone is selling a player who is under 23 and over 90 i will be happy to offer Metzelder and some other players and cash if nessasary:cool:

Also If any one has a young player over 87+ then i am happy to look at them for i want to keep the side youthful... so i will be looking to buy Teddy Sheringham and Paolo Maldini...

... i will really be looking for 87+ and under 23...

thanks for Reading..

PM me for details...