Best league? (local players)

Neller

Loads of threads on this I know, but after reading posts and posts (fights at times) about the big leagues .. EPL, La Liga, Seria A etc.

I want to know which league in the world is or would be the best if they only used local players, IE in the EPL, Gerrard, Rooney, Cole etc.

The Brazilian league cant use Ronaldinho and co as they aint in that league, well you all get it :)

I think my vote would still probably be for Brazil or Argentina, they seem to produce the best players around the world on a reg basis, most times even there "middle" rated players would be a hit around europe.

anyways thoughts??

• 2 months later...

Re: Best league? (local players)

Russia for me....

Their succesful team in the EURO's contained one player that plays outside of Russia....Must be doing something right and can only add to future success at international level IMO....

Other than them it woul be Brazil...

i vote in Argentina.. the ratio of number of players vs good players is more high and also because they make better in International competitions.. Copa Libertadores, Copa Sul Americana, etc.. although Brazil export more players because they have also more.. the Argentinian market is emerging.. at least in Portugal :) could be a signal of change.

Definately either Argentina or Brazil. The big European leagues would have to replace too many foreigners with substandard 'local' players (although Spain and Italy wouldn't suffer anywhere near as much as England), and the smaller European leagues which have few foreigners don't produce anywhere near as much talent as Argentina and Brazil.

I'm going to vote Argentina purely because Brazil have 4-5 times as many people to choose from, yet the Argentinian league somehow manages to produce a similar number of quality players.