• Chris Malonga
    • Marcelo Lulinha
    • Moustapha Bayal Sall
    • Paolo De Ceglie
    • Vincent Muratori
    • Sebastian Giovinco
    • Pedro Rui Patricio
    • Others

OK so since the 07-08 season is coming near to its end, and SM is about to enter its summer rating changes, i thought i would just do a poll on who you think is the best bargain provided on our forum this season.

As the bargains would indicate money spinners, and likely purchases, the choices were usually quite lowly rated at the start of the season. Highly rated players like Benzema and Borriello, oldies like Barbarez and Ballotta or obvious players like Pato or Bojan have been omitted.

Re: Best Signing This Season

By the way, i compiled these choices after long periods of observing their rating changes, so i do think they are quite accurate.

But, I was not here for the majority of the first half of the season, so it's quite likely i missed some big bargains. please excuse me if i did so, and kindly comment on that :P

miralem pjanic at metz as best buy? he went from a 70 rated 10k-er to an 85 rated star player who is going to be snapped up by one of the big european hot shots (hopefully!)

Actually gokhan was also 10K rated 71. Now rated 88 :eek: , I think he is one of the best successes there will ever be on the forum, so that gets my vote.

miralem pjanic at metz as best buy? he went from a 70 rated 10k-er to an 85 rated star player who is going to be snapped up by one of the big european hot shots (hopefully!)

Right. sorry for missing him :(

gokhan is probably better as a money spinner, as far as now. pjanic is excellent too

I think that benzema and ben arfa should be there (I payed only 6.4 M for him and now he costs 9.9 M but before he turned 21 , he was 13 M)

I woted for Rui Patricio because probably he'll get 86-87 next rating change

Guest melbguy1

I voted for Gonul Gokhan I picked him up for 10K :) and the fact that the original poster was giving a personal account rather then a wiki entry makes it that much sweeter :)

Tbh, about 8 ish months ago, I swapped Denny LANDZAAT for NASRI.

At the time, I knew nothing of the forums, and I took this deal cause I wanted a risk.

straight swap by the way, I think I may of added 1mill or something.

Landzaat, 90 rated, 30 years old.

Nasri, 88 rated, 19 years old.

Nasri is now worth 26.2million and Landzaat is worth 5.6million, and they are 3 rating apart.

Nasri 92

Landzaat 89

Best gamble ever? I never even heard of Nasri before lmao.

u missed bojan

if u picked him up quick enough (.....like me :D :D )

haha obviously nobody actually read my original post. this poll is only for the best money spinners. so bojan, pato, benarfa and benzema did get you good profits, but they are not the players you want to sell right after their ratings went up. so they are not counted as money spinners :D

I bought Joe Hart when he was like 74/ 76 rating for about 500k. Hes now 88 rating :P and about 8-9m ish.

true missed him. so it looks like gokhan is the obvious result. i'll pull up the original thread for him tomorow. i think it was shels who first mentioned him, rite?

I'd add Marcelo Moreno to that list. Rose twice, even if his season wasn't in the winter.

You'll see him rise much more in may, and he's already done 70 - 85.

And yes, Benzema was originally bought by a few of my teams as an 83 for money spinning purposes :D

It appears that Gonul Gokhan, with 26 votes, is the obvious choice for the best bargain of the season.

Here is the original threat which first mentioned the player. Congratulations IOA.:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=14806

I have repped him, and i would encourage anyone else who appreciate this find to do so;)

haha obviously nobody actually read my original post. this poll is only for the best money spinners. so bojan' date=' pato, benarfa and benzema did get you good profits, but they are not the players you want to sell right after their ratings went up. so they are not counted as money spinners :D[/quote']

I BEG TO DIFFER

i bought him for 1m and have had a bid of £90m

.....you do the maths

I BEG TO DIFFER

i bought him for 1m and have had a bid of £90m

.....you do the maths

right but what i mean is, players like gokhan, once he got his raise from 70 -> 88, it is likely that you would sell him. especially if you are a big club. and the only reason you bought him was for the money.

Pato, Bojan and Benzema, on the other hand, would probably be kept for a very long time, because they have potential to become superstars. u know what i mean?