Euro 2008 Who Will Win And Who Do U Support

TINYJ93

Re: Euro 2008 Who Will Win And Who Do U Support

As usual I will be watching this tournament as a neutral.Here is the teams i see doing well:

Italy-They have Luca Toni who can get goals no matter how good or bad he plays.Buffon is one of the best keepers out there.Pirlo and Gattuso are good midfielders who know how eachother like to play.There defence contains some of the best defenders out there.I predict fourth place for them.

Germany-Germany have the strikers to win it.Klose,Gomes,Kuranyi and Podolski.Ballack will be a big player for Germany this summer.They need him to be fit.The other midfielders are also top players such as Frings,Borowski,Ernst,Rolfes and many more.Top defenders would be Mertsacker,Lahm,Castro,Manuel Friedrich and some more.I think runner up to Spain

Spain-Spain are always underachiving with the great players they have.They have the best keeper in the world ATM.They have top strikers in Torres,Raul,Villa,Tamudo and Morientes.I think it will be Torres and Raul the starting strikers.Well the midfielders are amazing.Xavi,Fabergas,Iniesta,Albelda,Xabi Alonso,Guti,Arteta(if they take him)Silva,Joaquin and loads more.All them players can win games.There defenders are also amazing.Puyol,Sergio Ramos,Albiol,Capdevila and a few others.I think they will finally win something this year.They will win a tight game against Germany.

France-They have not been the best over the last few years but now they are getting some youth in and they are starting to look like a team that could win anything.With strikers like Henry and Trezeguet paving the way for Benzema only great things can happen.Benzema is a great finisher and is quick and strong.Henry well what can I say about this player.He has it all.Has not been his usual self this season but everybody knows what he can do.France have great midfielders such as Ribery,Ben Afra,Nasri,Flamini,Toulalan,Giuly and some others.They will be a dominat force for years to come but i think they might just fall short and beat Italy in the third place play off.

Of course i will say Portugal..

1996-quarter finals

2000-semi finals(3rd)

2004-final(2nd)

we are increasing a degree at each Euro so this time we will win it.. the only problem is that we need a good forward and Scolari put as LB Caneira instead of Jorge Ribeiro..

Spain are like England in a lot of ways, they promise a lot and never deliver.

They have some of the best players in the world. Fabregas, Iniesta, Torres, Casillas, Puyol, Xavi ect. They have imo the best team, but as i said, they are a lot like England and i dont think they will do as well as expected.

I would like to see them win it, but dont think it will happen.

If Ballack stays fit for it he will be a massive bonus for Germany....

France have a new crop of youth coming up so don't be surprised if they do well!!

I know they do,but I feel they won't play a lot of them,they could have a better chance in the next World Cup

Spain and Germany will be the favourites to win. I will be supporting Spain ;)

I think the Villa Torres combo will work really well and hopefully they will keep the goals coming. The Spanish defence is also pretty solid so i would not b surpired if they do really well this time. ;)

As for Germany they have a Solid team as well. They have a gpood strike force and a good really strong midfield. Defence is good as well (Just hpope Lehman does not keep :P) :D

It's gonna be really interesting to see who wil win the Euro. Can't wait :D

Spain and Germany will be the favourites to win. I will be supporting Spain ;)

I think the Villa Torres combo will work really well and hopefully they will keep the goals coming. The Spanish defence is also pretty solid so i would not b surpired if they do really well this time. ;)

As for Germany they have a Solid team as well. They have a gpood strike force and a good really strong midfield. Defence is good as well (Just hpope Lehman does not keep :P) :D

It's gonna be really interesting to see who wil win the Euro. Can't wait :D

I'd put my house on it that Spain won't win it,don't be surprised to fail to come out of their group..

Guest Toggs

B) havent looked at the groups because were not in it :) . My moneys on... Maybe Spain or Germany. Can see a dark horse winning though such as Russia, GREECE :) and Czech's. Maybe Finland as well :rolleyes:

I'd put my house on it that Spain won't win it' date='don't be surprised to fail to come out of their group..[/quote']

How can u say that mate. They are a brilliant team. They have a brilliant strike force. I mean if Vila and Torres pair up well they will be unstoppable. ;)

Spain also have a really strong midfiels with the likes of Fabregas, Xavi ,Iniesta, Silva etc etc etc. ;)

Plus the Spainish defence is good as well. Albiol, Puyol, Ramos, Marchena, both the Lopez's etc. and the also have Casillas as keeper. ;)

The best team imo. Their group is not the easiest as they do have the defending cahms Greee with them plus Russian and Sweden. I expect Greece and Spain to go in to the round of 16. Don't think Sweden will have a good Euro :P;)

In the WC they powered past everyone in the group stage as well. But then they broke down against crumpled in front of France........

B) havent looked at the groups because were not in it :) . My moneys on... Maybe Spain or Germany. Can see a dark horse winning though such as Russia' date=' GREECE :) and Czech's. Maybe Finland as well :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yup i would not be surprised if Greece win it again. Croatia and Czech Rep. have good chances as well. I have a feeling tha Czech Rep. will have a good Euro this time ;):D

I think Portugal Might take the Cup Away ... Their players have been playing really good and they are in form too P.S They are the strongest Team in their Group A....

Some of their decent players that can make the diefference are

-C.Ronaldo top scorer in the premier league,dangerous in set pieces and a match-winner of course....

-Deco

-Maniche

-Nani

-Quaresma

-Nuno Gomez-Hugo Almeida

So Therefore My moneys on Portugal :D

I support holland

but the deffence of holland is quite weak; but in my opinion they have one of the best midfields with Van der vaart. Sneijder . Seedorf etc: Van basten will let his team attack a lot but when the oponent counters the holland deffence is weak(atleast they have a quality goaly)

I think holland should play like this

=====Van Nistelrooy=====

====Sneijder==Van der Vaart==

Seedorf====Van Bommel*==Van persie

Van Bronckhorst==Bouma==Heitinga==Oojer (Bouhlarouz when he is fit again)

*van basten doesnt like van bommel personaly so he wont be selected

Russia could be surprising; I mean watching Zenith is also a surprise.And Russia does have Guus Hiddink. Arshavin of course with a key role

• 2 weeks later...
Guest msissio

Italy will win it all, and I will be dancing naked in the streets of Los Angeles when they do. :D

croatia for me :D

croatia v italy final :P

russia to get third over poland for 4th

...yes i realise germany will not make to next round for this to happen ;)

Croatia in the final .. are you joking me hahaha.

Just becuase they beat England. England was verry disorganised this year. beating england once doesnt mean you can go to the final. I mean Croatia is verry weak and in my opinion Russia is better than Croatia,Russia better player material and a better coach. Hiddink vs Bilic , Why do so many people think Croatia and Poland are sudently in half a year so good. I think Russia is the only of these 3 who can preform pretty good under pressure.

Just becuase they beat England. England was verry disorganised this year. beating england once doesnt mean you can go to the final. I mean Croatia is verry weak and in my opinion Russia is better than Croatia' date='Russia better player material and a better coach. Hiddink vs Bilic , Why do so many people think Croatia and Poland are sudently in half a year so good. I think Russia is the only of these 3 who can preform pretty good under pressure.[/quote']

I think my mam is stronger than my dad

Ok, why does everybody assume that the only reason people think Croatia is good is because they beat England? They came 1st in their group for crying out loud! Can you do that by just beating a team once, no! They played very well through out the whole thing!

P.S - Svejk, what does that have to do with anything lols?

Ok' date=' why does everybody assume that the only reason people think Croatia is good is because they beat England? They came 1st in their group for crying out loud! Can you do that by just beating a team once, no! They played very well through out the whole thing!

P.S - Svejk, what does that have to do with anything lols?[/quote']

Beacause, that guy is talking ****...

Question for him:

Did you see 1 (one), JUST ONE, Croatian game?!?!??? Or Russian????????

Just becuase they beat England. England was verry disorganised this year. beating england once doesnt mean you can go to the final. I mean Croatia is verry weak and in my opinion Russia is better than Croatia' date='Russia better player material and a better coach. Hiddink vs Bilic , Why do so many people think Croatia and Poland are sudently in half a year so good. I think Russia is the only of these 3 who can preform pretty good under pressure.[/quote']

JUST because they beat england?are you mad or have you not been on this planet the last decade? croatia have done a lot more then just beating england (twice ;) ) who topped the group sunshine? the qualifiers arent over 6 months to be good. its an 18 month process.

i wont say anymore about croatia because their accolades and strength speak for themselves and for anyone who feels like you do about their 'inability' to win the cup because they are 'very weak', well you are deluded...or english :)

as for poland, they have always been strong in qualifiers in both euro and world cups...so WHY cant they not pop up as a surprise? just as i said with russia if you remember. People give romania a strong chance of pulling something off this european summer, yet, they have underperformed most championships(bar usa 94 i think)..but do i hear you complaining about them?

ps 'england were very disorganised THIS year'...are you kidding me? they dont know what organisation is mate.

think before you write

thanks

JUST because they beat england?are you mad or have you not been on this planet the last decade? croatia have done a lot more then just beating england (twice ;) ) who topped the group sunshine? the qualifiers arent over 6 months to be good. its an 18 month process.

i wont say anymore about croatia because their accolades and strength speak for themselves and for anyone who feels like you do about their 'inability' to win the cup because they are 'very weak'' date=' well you are deluded...or english :)

as for poland, they have always been strong in qualifiers in both euro and world cups...so WHY cant they not pop up as a surprise? just as i said with russia if you remember. People give romania a strong chance of pulling something off this european summer, yet, they have underperformed most championships(bar usa 94 i think)..but do i hear you complaining about them?

ps 'england were very disorganised THIS year'...are you kidding me? they dont know what organisation is mate.

think before you write

thanks[/quote']

Sorry but I am not English. and I do think Croatia has a big potential and will become better in the next years. I didnt say anything about romania becuase i dont hear people shouting out loud that they are so amazing. Croatia worked hard for qualifying. but miss some individial top class in my opinion. They do have some good players( rakatic, Petric etc, but not outstanding players. And I will tell you one more time I AM NOT ENGLISH I dont even like the english team, compared to their player material they should do better. They are just always disorganised actually

• 4 weeks later...