Man City sack Eriksson!

Re: Man City sack Eriksson!

The writing had been on the cards over the last 2 weeks following Shinawatra's disappointment over recent form. I just don't understand why chairmen decide to sign managers on lengthy contracts these days and then expect immediate success. If you're gonna sign someone for 3 years then give then the chance (unless they're performing absolutely rubbishly which Eriksson currently wasn't). Sven has been quite refreshing for the Premiership and quite funny at times (far from the serious man we saw internationally). Who else has managed a double over Manchester United this season?

Ah well! I guess Shinawatra has money to burn (both metaphorically and literally) :)

Shinawatra wants immediate success and that's quite clear. In the end I think Ericson's downfall was the excellent start Man city had strange may it seem but that's what I think. Their squad was a bit thin though and they don't really have many goalscoring options. They were though unlucky with their strikers with Bojinov and Castillo being injured.

But once again Ericson walks away a rich man.:D

Shinawatra wants immediate success and that's quite clear. In the end I think Ericson's downfall was the excellent start Man city had strange may it seem but that's what I think. Their squad was a bit thin though and they don't really have many goalscoring options. They were though unlucky with their strikers with Bojinov and Castillo being injured.

But once again Ericson walks away a rich man.:D

Yes, good points. Clearly the early success lifted hopes of possibly even a CL place and certainly a UEFA cup slot. Failure to secure this has seen his demise. I'm sure Eriksson won't mind though as you say. That man has earned more money through not working than I will do in my whole working career :D:(

With what Sven has done with lesser quality players I think he would be good with good players!!

Might make Lamps wanna stay?

His record at club level is great,he had big players at Lazio he succeeded,didn't do too bad with England in my opinion,and won the Uefa Cup with Goteburg! He also likes to play good football..

Chairmen these days though...

Yes' date=' good points. Clearly the early success lifted hopes of possibly even a CL place and certainly a UEFA cup slot. Failure to secure this has seen his demise. I'm sure Eriksson won't mind though as you say. That man has earned more money through not working than I will do in my whole working career :D:([/quote']

That's why managers even big ones prefer to get sacked:D but seriously if Shinawatra wants a CL position then he can't expect ericson to do it one season alone. It has to be a building process of 2-3 seasons. And it's not as if Ericson wasted the money given to him. He bought very well except for Bianchi imo

That's why managers even big ones prefer to get sacked:D but seriously if Shinawatra wants a CL position then he can't expect ericson to do it one season alone. It has to be a building process of 2-3 seasons. And it's not as if Ericson wasted the money given to him. He bought very well except for Bianchi imo

Yet he was unlucky with Bianchi,he's a very good player,but just couldn't settle in England,playing well at Lazio..

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

It's a joke !

Erikson did a great job getting them to where they are after the terrible Pearce reign.

Not many managers could have done what he did.

Can't say it comes as a big surprise. Guess that is what happens when you have an owner who knows nothing about football. Wouldn't be so bad if it was even his own money being squandered. Notice that none of the Thai players have made appearances, which probably didn't go down well either.

Seems Eriksson was a victim of his own success really with the great start. Will be interesting to see who the manager is when they play in Hong Kong next month. I understand another ex England manager is currently on the market. If anyone has Maclarens number I will happily pass it on when I see Thaksin.

Well I guess the next manager will be expected to win the league next year. Probably any less is going to mean another sacking. Although when he was Thai Prime Minister tended to offer top jobs to relatives so maybe his son might be given more time.