I have now come to the conclusion that there is no skill or tactical ingenuity on this game. Its all just pot luck. probly just a game code that churns out random results.

one of my teams tonight got beat 3-0 by a far more poor team than i had. i had home advantage and managed 26 shots, 19 on target and a possesion of 63%. the opposition had 3 shots, 3 on target, 3 goals. and i know your all going to say that football but it seems to happen far too frequent for it to be coinsidence. anyone else have this problem or is it just me.

I think you're right, it is somewhat random.

I beat a team last night 5:2 and had 63% of the ball .. they managed to have 2 shots on goal, both on target and both resulted in goals. :eek:

I had like 21 on goal and 16 on target of which 5 hit the net. Seems to happen to my team a LOT.

I'm top of the league and have the 6th worst defensive record despite having a 88 (avg) rated d-line and his is in Div 4. Just lucky that my boys score a truckload up the other end. lol :D

Herby

I have now come to the conclusion that there is no skill or tactical ingenuity on this game. Its all just pot luck. probly just a game code that churns out random results.

one of my teams tonight got beat 3-0 by a far more poor team than i had. i had home advantage and managed 26 shots' date=' 19 on target and a possesion of 63%. the opposition had 3 shots, 3 on target, 3 goals. and i know your all going to say that football but it seems to happen far too frequent for it to be coinsidence. anyone else have this problem or is it just me.[/quote']

i agree ive played a lot of pbm games in my time and they all had one thing in common the best team usually won,there was the occasional shock result as in real life but nothing like this.i know its boring best teams winning all the time but isnt that the reason we play these games? to build your team up to be better than anyone elses and reap the rewards.

i agree ive played a lot of pbm games in my time and they all had one thing in common the best team usually won' date='there was the occasional shock result as in real life but nothing like this.i know its boring best teams winning all the time but isnt that the reason we play these games? to build your team up to be better than anyone elses and reap the rewards.[/quote']

well this aint really true to real life, i also have a few wierd results including 1 i wasnt happy with at all tonight but in real life the best team doesnt always win at all

and dont no about anyone else but i would be very very bored if it became this easy

start as barca buy a couple of players and be unstoppable.... hmm fun

well this aint really true to real life' date=' i also have a few wierd results including 1 i wasnt happy with at all tonight but in real life the best team doesnt always win at all

and dont no about anyone else but i would be very very bored if it became this easy

start as barca buy a couple of players and be unstoppable.... hmm fun[/quote']

then whats the point in having any team at all. if the results are random why bother buying good players and trying to build a team, why bother buying young talent to turn into world class players for the future of your club if the end product has no significence on the game itself because the end product is just a random result thrown out by the computer. did abromovich spend millions on chelski knowning that he may as well have just bought non league players because his results would be random. no i strongly disagree with you neller. the challange is developing a good team of top class players and talented yongsters so that you can beat the barca'a, madrids etc why else do managers like yourself opt to manager teams in the 4th div if non other than to build a team to get promoted. if the random result was fair then why bother building that team. why do we strive to buy better players for our club if it does not matter.

well this aint really true to real life' date=' i also have a few wierd results including 1 i wasnt happy with at all tonight but in real life the best team doesnt always win at all

start as barca buy a couple of players and be unstoppable.... hmm fun[/quote']

i didnt say always

then whats the point in having any team at all. if the results are random why bother buying good players and trying to build a team' date=' why bother buying young talent to turn into world class players for the future of your club if the end product has no significence on the game itself because the end product is just a random result thrown out by the computer. did abromovich spend millions on chelski knowning that he may as well have just bought non league players because his results would be random. no i strongly disagree with you neller. the challange is developing a good team of top class players and talented yongsters so that you can beat the barca'a, madrids etc why else do managers like yourself opt to manager teams in the 4th div if non other than to build a team to get promoted. if the random result was fair then why bother building that team. why do we strive to buy better players for our club if it does not matter.[/quote']

whats going on with this forum lately and people scan reading posts or whatever because thats not even close to what i said.

You build your team up becuase when you do have the higher players and a very good tactic then you get a massive % in the match engine for your team

same in real life when a team has the better players odviously they will win alot more then they will lose.

but in real life also there are some teams with some amazing players but they dont always win the league and they definatly dont win every match and neither does chelsea

liverpool over the years have had some amazing players yet they used to always lose to the bottom clubs but if they could go by what u guys are asking they would beat them everytime so we would have probably won the prem a few times by now because we always did very well V the top sides but slipped up V the lower ones

chelsea may well have bought all the best players but this is a very rare thing that has never happened before and even tho they won the league thats all they did win they never dominated every competition

as for dominating matches and having tons more shots and the other side scores on there 1st shot well i cant speak for other clubs but this happends to liverpool ALOT

im not saying the match engine is perfect as this is totaly impossible to do after all it is just a program that gives teams bonus % on teams rating / formations etc etc for example the match engine i have gives a % to a team using counter attack V a team using attack

but what does happen if you have the far better rated team you could run the same match 5 times and 4 times the higher team would probably win but 1 time there might be a shock now if your unlucky enough for when SM run the matches to get the 1/5 result well its just hard luck

and that last point is very true to real life in most cases

.i know its boring best teams winning -->>all<<-- the time but isnt that the reason we play these games? to build your team up to be better than anyone elses and reap the rewards.

You didnt say always?? sorry i though "all the time" as i quoted above ment the same thing, sorry if it doesnt

also if you check the winners of the legaue each season on SM its always a team with a very high rating (doesnt have to the highest)

but a good example why i no rating matters with carlise (div 4) i started with 2mil and instead of buying a full team like i did with grimsby of youngsters i just signed wallcott for 2mil (before sven had his crazy moment and took him) i was about 13th and losing as many as i was winning then everyone wanted him so i accepted a big offfer.

then i signed ireland (85), carson (85),ghali (85), plus some other higher players. then my team won just about every match and shot into 3rd winning by high scores each time.

my dad was doing well with arsenal untill he sold lehman and stuck a 87 GK in then he started conceding alot and doing badly, he bought another 91 GK and now hes doing really well again.

now the engine isnt perfect none out there are but its pretty good

Have to agree with Neller on this one,i have only been playing this game a short time and have noticed that tactics and a better rated squad do improve your results,as in real life this does not guarentee you win every time but i think SM have got it near as perfect as they can.

You only have to look at the recent threads on people cheating by changing around opposition teams ie putting strikers in goal etc and these teams have been trashed by very high scores.

Also very high rated squads do not guarentee you win every time(where would be the fun in this) i took over a recent team of very high rated players and have played 3 matchs with them(won 1,drew 1,lost 1) plus i have had two top players injured,two send off and another suspended,i just cant pick my highest rated squad and expect to win every game,well done SM.

• 2 weeks later...
check the winner of each league and i doubt you can barely find one with a weak team that wins it' date=' i think that tells everything[/quote']

mate cum 2 my set up, ull find clubs winning 8-0 and cska mosko beating athletico madrid 3-0!! madrid beating manu 5-1!!! with both teams playing gud sides!! and even fehnerbace beating lyon 4-2!! explain that!!

mosko beating athletico madrid 3-0!!

This is not such a big shock as a result even if it was real life

madrid beating manu 5-1!!! with both teams playing gud sides!!

u mean like when newcastle beat them 5-1? in real life or like when barcelona beat them 4-0?' date=' southampton beating them 5-3? remember that one

fehnerbace beating lyon 4-2!! explain that

another one u really think this is a "massive" shock result another one that yes doesnt happen all the time but lyon have had plenty like this before im sure u can look it up

either way those results are not that big shocks.

but still if youre far in the season check who's top and i bet its a team with massivly rated players

This is not such a big shock as a result even if it was real life

u mean like when newcastle beat them 5-1? in real life or like when barcelona beat them 4-0?' date=' southampton beating them 5-3? remember that one

another one u really think this is a "massive" shock result another one that yes doesnt happen all the time but lyon have had plenty like this before im sure u can look it up

either way those results are not that big shocks.

but still if youre far in the season check who's top and i bet its a team with massivly rated players[/quote']

none of these were shocks........

p.s. saints 6, united 3. :D egil ostenstad hat trick

From a totally unbiased point of view i am inclined to agree with lanchaster (sorry neller). I do think that the better team should win more often. Yes .. Manchester might lose against Newcastle 5-1 but i doubt they would lose 6 games in a row against inferior teams. This happens on SM and constant losses against inferior teams occur often .. although then u get runs of 8 wins against better teams! I think it's too random and should be that u lose against the better team and win against the worse except for a slight incident or two every now and again but much less than actually happens on the game.

Also i would appreciate knowing exactly how big a part fitness, tactics, rating, etc play in the match engine.

From a totally unbiased point of view i am inclined to agree with lanchaster (sorry neller). I do think that the better team should win more often. Yes .. Manchester might lose against Newcastle 5-1 but i doubt they would lose 6 games in a row against inferior teams. This happens on SM and constant losses against inferior teams occur often .. although then u get runs of 8 wins against better teams! I think it's too random and should be that u lose against the better team and win against the worse except for a slight incident or two every now and again but much less than actually happens on the game.

Also i would appreciate knowing exactly how big a part fitness' date=' tactics, rating, etc play in the match engine.[/quote']

yeah but i was just quoting the 3 results he mensioned sayinfg that they was stupid, but all examples did happen in real life so there not that stupid at all

but also what im saying and no one has found me one is i have yet to see in any setup a poor team at the top of the table after half a dozen games

its always a team with massive rated players.

in 1 setup i was near the bottom of the table with a liverpool side so i spent all me money on henry and since then ive been on a massive run with him banging in the goals

another setup im carlisle i spent the 3mil i started with on wallcot before he went to the world cup, but even with him i was doing crap and with about 14 games to go i was half way down the table, during the world cup i got a bid of 6mil + steven ireland (86) for wallcot.. i accepted and spent the 6mil on scott carson (85), ghali (85), and used the rest to buy some future tallent but after i signed those high players i went on a massive 12 game run into 2nd place.

i have loads of others including ones my dad has done but no point in waffling on.

but can i ask 001 an awsome match engine would cost alot of money yet you was unhappy when SM brung out the new membership thing so if SM went and bought a perfect (none are) match engine then they would have to charge for all the game. so how can SM win?

the match engine isnt perfect none of them are ive played a few and yes in some if u have high players u never lost to a team with low players but i find those ones very very boring as i no the outcome before i even play i dont find the fun in that at all

i totally agree with neller. the engine shud talk into consideration teams talent but there should be other factors i mean with lyon losing to Fenerbache it can happen, and how fit were these player 60% or less prob.

And i think the liverpool point is excellent i mean last week we lost 5-0 to FC Mainz even though we restd some players in the second half we should have done better.

But sometimes the match engine is retarted my old liverpool one 11-0 against peterbourgh united lol

yeah but i was just quoting the 3 results he mensioned sayinfg that they was stupid' date=' but all examples did happen in real life so there not that stupid at all

but also what im saying and no one has found me one is i have yet to see in any setup a poor team at the top of the table after half a dozen games

its always a team with massive rated players.

in 1 setup i was near the bottom of the table with a liverpool side so i spent all me money on henry and since then ive been on a massive run with him banging in the goals

another setup im carlisle i spent the 3mil i started with on wallcot before he went to the world cup, but even with him i was doing crap and with about 14 games to go i was half way down the table, during the world cup i got a bid of 6mil + steven ireland (86) for wallcot.. i accepted and spent the 6mil on scott carson (85), ghali (85), and used the rest to buy some future tallent but after i signed those high players i went on a massive 12 game run into 2nd place.

i have loads of others including ones my dad has done but no point in waffling on.

but can i ask 001 an awsome match engine would cost alot of money yet you was unhappy when SM brung out the new membership thing so if SM went and bought a perfect (none are) match engine then they would have to charge for all the game. so how can SM win?

the match engine isnt perfect none of them are ive played a few and yes in some if u have high players u never lost to a team with low players but i find those ones very very boring as i no the outcome before i even play i dont find the fun in that at all[/quote']

Yes i understand you completely. It does seem however that i'm not the only one who thinks the results are a bit too random as others have expressed the same opinion. Also, i never mentioned buying a whole new match engine! I'm quite sure all SM need to do is tweak the program configuration of the match engine a bit and alter the parameters and settings.

Regarding the gold membership thing; I have nothing against it at all (except that i have no way to pay for it) but rather am worried about what the consequences of it will be (increased fees and less attention given to free membership). On this point I hope i am completely and entirely wrong and that gold membership will have no effect whatsoever on the free membership.

Cheers neller

Yes i understand you completely. It does seem however that i'm not the only one who thinks the results are a bit too random as others have expressed the same opinion. Also' date=' i never mentioned buying a whole new match engine! I'm quite sure all SM need to do is tweak the program configuration of the match engine a bit and alter the parameters and settings.

Regarding the gold membership thing; I have nothing against it at all (except that i have no way to pay for it) but rather am worried about what the consequences of it will be (increased fees and less attention given to free membership). On this point I hope i am completely and entirely wrong and that gold membership will have no effect whatsoever on the free membership.

Cheers neller

001[/quote']

but i dont no about SM but alot of football sims do not write there own match engine they buy one as its a totaly different programming language then the rest of the game and in all honesty its not as easy as to just tweak it a bit not the ones ive messed around with anyway but like i said i have not seen the SM one so alot of sites hire a programmer to build them one and it doesnt come cheap i have no idea it SM do this or if they have someone already experianced in this language.

I no its not only you who thinks the results are random but its not only me who thinks its fine how it is either all i no is i can go by the other football games i play were in most cases you can find a formation along with a high rated teams that wins every match well i find this boring and to predictable

if i wanted something like that i could just play on championship manager.

but as ive said in all my posts which no one has found an argument against it yet, if the match engine is random and anyone can win can someone please find me a low rated team that has won the league against the giants?

also if it just went on the highest rated players then the transfer market would also get boring as what would be the point in selling players like ronny,etoo,henry, etc etc etc.. at the moment people doing it thinking they can buy 2-3 players 90+ with the money and still compete but if its justr the highest rated wins then there would be no point in doing that

i agree with neller it is not a random engine it does give more favour to the better team and includes advantages liek better tactics, then in effect it will pick a result based on but not totally reliant on who is the better team. there is allways going to be strange results as in real life but it isnt as if you get teams like sv werder bremen winning the 1st division in a wc all the time is it.

if you are getting beat alot by teams that are worse then maybe you shoulkd review your tactics?

but as ive said in all my posts which no one has found an argument against it yet' date=' if the match engine is random and anyone can win can someone please find me a low rated team that has won the league against the giants?[/quote']

In wc110. Manchester utd are first with 50 pts and an average rating of 92. Teams like me (juventus avg rating 94) and real madrid (avg rating 93) are 11-13 points behind. Milan (93) are 18 points behing. Chelsea (93) are 21 points behind! All these managers use different tactics (and ManU just use a plain 4-4-2), I know i shouldnt be complaining as i'm fourth (although i'm 11 points behind .. but thats only coz i won the last three games in a row).

Don't you think the die have been a little lop-sided in ManU favour as ste would say? And that Milan and Chelsea deserve higher up positions? And lets be serious. You could give Chelsea the worst manager in the world and he still wouldnt be 21 points behing ManU after 24 games!

I'm sure you could notice things like these in other setups also i only had a look at one. I wouldnt say anything if maybe one 92 rated team was about 12th but to have a team rated 93 to be 21 points behind a 92 rated time is a bit exaggerated imo. (and there isn't only one such team!)