Gold Championship 16- Match Report/Transfers...etc

cm.9

Re: Gold Championship 16 - Discussion Thread

This is a shocking decision by SM, they are creating them too fast. They are becoming like European Championships, not like the classic GC's we all know and love. And because of this reason i will not be joining and will not be joining any more until there is a lengthy break of 3-5 months between one and another. :(

There is no point in my view in joinning. GC's flying in here there and everywhere and soon i'll have a GC account full of wasted GC teams.

I only just got MK Dons in GC15 and thats fine for now as for new. I cant now go out and join a top quality team, make them 'good ' for 3 games before I join a new team and in my eyes manage a wasted GC16 side.

Its realism, you dont join a team to quit after half a season because you've found a new team in a new setup.

I just think that SM are trying to give most members a chance to get a top club, I think the demand for them has risen and SM have to listen to their customers.

I was hoping the next one to be in the new format but oh well :)

Will be going for Inter - Yes Italy, many forumers have complained that this is a boring league but I am willing to give it another try after Roma GC10 - Which got exciting towards the end!

Also had an Inter in GC9 which was given away:eek:

So looking to get them back and start winning some trophies! :P

That is if I am available on Saturday however :D

I just think that SM are trying to give most members a chance to get a top club' date=' I think the demand for them has risen and SM have to listen to their customers.

Will be going for Inter - Yes Italy, many forumers have complained that this is a boring league but I am willing to give it another try after Roma GC10 - Which got exciting towards the end!

That is if I am available on Saturday however :D[/quote']

But you can just get a top club in a Euro Champ or World Champ or something like that. A GC isnt purposed to give the less fortunate members a chance of getting a quality side such as Chelsea, liverpool or Barcelona really is it :rolleyes:

A GC is an elite setup, hense elite. So, yes well done if you do manage to get a Chelsea or Arsenal in a GC, but i belive the purpose of a GC is to succeed in a new sort of setup - a setup done geographically in countries such as qualifying to Europe in the Premiership pyramid, winning La Liga in Spain, etc...

The place for managing the top sides should come in World Champs and Euro Champs and Spanish Champs etc... Not in a GC.

This could also be a cause in the problem with cash deals and player exchange galours etc...:rolleyes:

I just think that SM are trying to give most members a chance to get a top club' date=' I think the demand for them has risen and SM have to listen to their customers.

That is if I am available on Saturday however :D[/quote']

Then Sparky they should do what I did when I first became a GM, managed a small team (with some success) for a couple of months and then grab a decent team when the right time for a new GC comes around.

Half the people who become GM's probably already have loads of big clubs in WCs etc so why do they "need" them in a GC?

I like a challenge, it seems plenty of GM's do not..... :rolleyes:

I am definitely going to join this one, as I love GC's :D

To the ones who don't want to join it, stop complaining and just don't join. You're only thinking of yourselves but what about if someone new has just bought a GM, waiting for a new GC, like this Saturday, only to be found it has been cancelled by whining babies who only think of themselves, some people wants them to be created, some people don't, if you don't want to join, then don't make a big deal as your making yourself look stupid.

I am definitely going to join this one' date=' as I love GC's :D

To the ones who don't want to join it, stop complaining and just don't join. You're only thinking of yourselves but what about if someone new has just bought a GM, waiting for a new GC, like this Saturday, only to be found it has been cancelled by whining babies who only think of themselves, some people wants them to be created, some people don't, if you don't want to join, then don't make a big deal as your making yourself look stupid.[/quote']

Would you love them quite so much if there were 200 of them? Cos that is the way we are heading B)

Would you love them quite so much if there were 200 of them? Cos that is the way we are heading B)

And it matters why?

Theres only going to be 20 of this format, then the new one, as it has been announced.

So the sooner the better ;)

And it matters why?

Theres only going to be 20 of this format' date=' then the new one, as it has been announced.

So the sooner the better ;)[/quote']

Because the GC's are meant to be special. It would be the equivalent of having 10 teams from each league qualifying for the CL each season.....wouldn't mean much if most of Europe were in there would it?

This "more GM's more GC's idea doesn't wash with me either.....a large percentage of GM's don't even try their luck in the GC's.....

i was going to go for Inter but i have a cup final on saturday so i av asked Daniel Bolam to get me WBA hopfully he does :) cheers m8

Havent you already said he's getting you WBA a couple of times on this thread...:confused: :confused:

Im anything but happy that SM has decided to make another one so soon :mad:

There should be 2 per every 1000 gold members.

But I will be going for a side. Not a huge side I doubt, but a fairly big side.

I'm a fairly new gold member. Naturally one of the first things I wanted to do with my membership was join a GC. I wanted to manage a reasonable top flight European team that hadn't been robbed of all it's top players. I couldn't find one. I'm not talking about Barcelonas and Man Utds here I'm talking about Hertha Berlins, Zaragozas, and Sampdorias! I eventually found a semi decent Eintracht Frankfurt in GC 11 (Which was only half only decent due to the fact that the previous manager had been a total Barry Fry and pretty much the whole squad was on transfer bans when he quit!).

If Gold 15 hadn't been created I still wouldn't have the opportunity to manage a team that I want in a gold setup, and I'm sure there a lots of others in my shoes.

There needs to be a reasonably regular creation of Gold Setups so that new Gold members can get what they pay for out of their membership,

I'm a fairly new gold member. Naturally one of the first things I wanted to do with my membership was join a GC. I wanted to manage a reasonable top flight European team that hadn't been robbed of all it's top players. I couldn't find one. I'm not talking about Barcelonas and Man Utds here I'm talking about Hertha Berlins' date=' Zaragozas, and Sampdorias! I eventually found a semi decent Eintracht Frankfurt in GC 11 (Which was only half only decent due to the fact that the previous manager had been a total Barry Fry and pretty much the whole squad was on transfer bans when he quit!).

If Gold 15 hadn't been created I still wouldn't have the opportunity to manage a team that I want in a gold setup, and I'm sure there a lots of others in my shoes.

There needs to be a reasonably regular creation of Gold Setups so that new Gold members can get what they pay for out of their membership,[/quote']

Good point.

I'm a fairly new gold member. Naturally one of the first things I wanted to do with my membership was join a GC. I wanted to manage a reasonable top flight European team that hadn't been robbed of all it's top players. I couldn't find one. I'm not talking about Barcelonas and Man Utds here I'm talking about Hertha Berlins' date=' Zaragozas, and Sampdorias! I eventually found a semi decent Eintracht Frankfurt in GC 11 (Which was only half only decent due to the fact that the previous manager had been a total Barry Fry and pretty much the whole squad was on transfer bans when he quit!).

There needs to be a reasonably regular creation of Gold Setups so that new Gold members can get what they pay for out of their membership,[/quote']

good point m8 that may well be the reason who knows lol :D

I totally see where you are coming from, but there is an easier way of solving that issue than making a new GC every week.....

Teams that go unmanaged are ripped of their best players within a matter of hours so nobody wants to manage them. As an example in GC10 this afternoon I noticed Monaco, Toulouse and Lille all unmanaged. Good clubs without managers, but noone wants them as the squad has been torn apart.

The game needs to be smarter, and have the chairman of these teams to step in and stop all the players being sold. 3 new GM's take these teams and wait patiently for the next GC to be made.....

Every couple of months is reasonable, but 2 weeks is way too soon

i am quite looking forward to another g/c i can see the point being made if theres too many they will lose there gloss but hay the less forumers the better :D cause its usually them who try and rip you off or try it on cause they know the risers and droppers or want two 90,s for a 91 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: don,t all take offence not all the forumers are like that but there are a few.then again its a good way of knowing who is going to rise cause you usually get a stupid bid the day or so before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: