Gold Championship 16- Match Report/Transfers...etc

Re: Gold Championship 16- Match Report/Transfers...etc

104_1204113865.gif 0 - 3 123_1192673039.gif

2734047731_9462da13af_o.jpg

Roma sealed a place in the Italian Shield Final yesterday after extending their unbeaten run to 17 games away to Chievo. Two first half headers from Argentinian U21 international Nicolas Maxi Moralez gave i Giallorossi a 2-0 lead going into half time, and the game was wrapped up in the 65th minute when Miguel Danny broke through, dummied the keeper, and the slid the ball into the empty net. Roma controlled most of the game and deserved the win, and although they would've liked to have created more chances, their clinical finishing to score 3 goals from just 8 opportunities is why they have become one of the most feared teams in the country at present.

Roma will now play Lazio in the Final of the Italian shield, on Monday 18th August, just two days before the two sides meet in the league at Stadio Olympico.

On Sunday, fans favourite Francesco Totti departed Rome, heading to Juventus in return for David Trezeguet, Giorgio Chellini and £5million, following the arrival of Luis Edu on Saturday for £8.3million. It was disappointing to see Totti leave the club, but the deal adds vital depth to the squad, with some crucial fixtures coming up. Roma are at home to Juventus in their next match, so will be hoping that the transfer doesn't backfire on them.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 16- Match Report/Transfers...etc Barcelona vs Man United Barcelona's Road to the Final Group stage: Barcelona 7 - 2 Rangers FC Kopenhagen 0 - 9 Barcelona Barcelona 2 -

Re: Gold Championship 16- Match Report/Transfers...etc Chelsea start season in style.. Chelsea 5-2 Watford Tonight Chelsea welcomed Premier League new boys Watford who finished second

Re: Gold Championship 16- Match Report/Transfers...etc Palermo Update Palermo Have done well in result's recently having been unbeaten in 10games and losing only 3 in the last 13 games which mean

Internazionale extended their lead at the top by a further 2 points after second placed Roma drew. Nerazurri beat Udinese 2-0 at the Fruili to gain revenge from the first fixture.

Inter fielded their second string team as they get ready to play AS Roma in the SMFA knockout stages..

Anyway, enough, good luck mate... I'm off holiday so won't know who won:o

Reports to follow after I return :)

btw, Ben Read will be looking after my account, but if you're reading this Ben, I have done the tactic for Inter & Roma, so just do it for the other ones :P

Just came on to do a match report but I guess theres no need now :P

Extended unbeaten run to 18 games, although the winning run ends at 9. Dominated possession but couldn't find the breakthrough, a shame Lavezzi didn't save one of his 5 in last game for this one instead! Still, a point against Juventus has to be considered a good thing, and it means i've still only lost one league game all season. Dropped 2 points back from Inter, but if I can maintain the run then hopefully Sparky i'll be there to take advantage if Sparky has any slip ups in the remainder of the season. Rested a few players in prep for Friday, although I didn't want to risk a full reserve team as Juve are a top team. I think it'll b a tight game against Inter, but fear home advantage could halt my progress for this season.

As I'm looking after Mitu's GC teams I suppose I betta do a Sparky Style Match report for him:

intern.jpg

The Stand-in does his Job

109_1190676380.gifInternazionale 2-1 Roma123_1192673039.gif

Venue: Giuseppe Meazza

Attendance: 80,988

Mitu Ahmed could not make this game due to lying on a sunny beach, so he left manager Ben Read in of his side. Ben had a busy 90 minutes as he was managing his barcelona team play against Milan and managing Inter over the Internet. Ben had a super day as both teams won and both will progress to the Quarter Final.

The first chance of the match fell to Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC who slotted past Casillas after some terrible play by Roma. Throughout the first half Inter continued to dominate play but just couldn't add that second goal.

Roma then started strongly in the second half and Trezuquet scored with a spectacular long range shot. After the goal the Inter quickly replied and 6 minutes later IBRAHIMOVIC hit home again to make the score 2-1. After this Roma tried there hardest to get back in the game but it just wasn't enough.

Final Score: Inter 2-1 Roma

After the match Ben Read said "I am delighted that the 2 teams I was managing today both managed to win and progress into the quarter finals. I have tried to get hold of Mitu to tell him the good news but he is yet to answer his phone"

intern.jpg

Ben Wins the Cup with Mitu's Inter

109_1190676380.gifInternazionale 5-1 Catania101_1200975914.gif

Venue:Wembley :confused::rolleyes:

Attendance: 90,000

Ben Read went into this cup final knowing that a win was the only option. He thought carefully about his team selection so he wouldn't be embarrassed on the day.... And he wasn't. Inter Milan did surprisingly well considering they had only seen Ben for the first time 4 days ago. They went out there and gave a lesson to Catania on how to play football.

A hattrick from Crespo and goals from Ibra and Corda scored in the game which turned out to be an easy win. Inter dominated possession 64% of the time and hit 44 shots in the game. where as Catania could only manage the 2 shots on target.

Mitu has just been contacted and is delighted with the news.

610x.jpg

Big thanks Ben for winning the Italian cup and also proceeding through to the quarters of the SMFA Cup...

Inter have bagged their first trophy thanks to the assistant manager who now has taken the role of Barcelona :D

Still on top of the league by just a point, play Sampdoria tomorrow...

Still have hopes for the treble :P:D

But league is what I want:rolleyes: :o

Big thanks Ben for winning the Italian cup and also proceeding through to the quarters of the SMFA Cup...

Inter have bagged their first trophy thanks to the assistant manager who now has taken the role of Barcelona :D

Still on top of the league by just a point' date=' play Sampdoria tomorrow...

Still have hopes for the treble :P:D

But league is what I want:rolleyes: :o[/quote']

Beat Ajax 3-0 in pens tonight to go to the semis. Face Ben read's Barcelona who beat Shels's Arsenal 2-0, who also bagged the Italian cup for me :P:D

so, good luck Ben mate :)

Beat Ajax 3-0 in pens tonight to go to the semis. Face Ben read's Barcelona who beat Shels's Arsenal 2-0' date=' who also bagged the Italian cup for me :P:D

so, good luck Ben mate :)[/quote']

looking forward to playing you. I've actually just come in (completely forgot about the Arsenal game :o). I wouldn't normally play 4 up front in the SMFA Cup... Oh well it worked :P.

Inter will be tricky, but as Barca have nothing else to play for now they will put there all into the game.

Got into 2 SMFA Semi finals tonight (with Hertha and Barca), surely my first SMFA Cup tital has to come soon :D

Wow! Very tricky week!

Internazionale play Milan on Wednesday and then Barcelona on Friday for the SMFA...

Milan previously beat me and if I lose then Fiorentina have a chance to go ahead in the league and probably win the title :o:(

And then Barca, who don't have anything to play for anymore, they're gonna be giving it their best shot....

Will rest my stars against Milan and hopefully can come away with a draw...

But things can turn around so quickly for me and I might end up being second favourites in the league and SMFA:o

Udinese are in really bad form atm, will be lucky to qualify for the SMFA shield, let alone keep my CL spot.

Quagliarella is still available, some really insulting offers received, including some from forumers/chatroomers :rolleyes:

Edit: Want a young-ish 89+ Forward and an 89+ RB, Contact me Via PM for deals :)

The winner of your match could.. no wait.... WILL play me in the Final :D

Dont quiet know who i have made it this far :confused: must be doing something right

lol, Sevilla VS Manchester United at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan:D

Anyhoo,

Internazionale have all players available including Cambiasso + Ibrahimovic...

They are interested in Kanoute, Keita, Navas, Inler and Quagliarella and may be contacting managers soon about the availability of players....

For Ibra - Need a 92+ F and a 90+ W/RM/LM

For Cambs - Need a 91+CM and a 90+ AM, DM, W

Swindon currently occupy the last play off place with 44 points. . . 3 points clear from Tranmare in 7th

We also welcome Bobo's Port vale on wednesday who are currently 2nd in the league, a win could put swindon up to 3rd

Also richard you was lucky to sign Parejo for 20k werent you :eek: . . after like 5 times of trying :P

Yeah was quite lucky with that. My young great prospects are building nicely :)

Swindon currently occupy the last play off place with 44 points. . . 3 points clear from Tranmare in 7th

We also welcome Bobo's Port vale on wednesday who are currently 2nd in the league' date=' a win could put swindon up to 3rd

Also richard you was lucky to sign Parejo for 20k werent you :eek: . . after like 5 times of trying :P[/quote']

Internazionale are in negotiations with rivals Juventus over right sided midfielder Salihamdzic. It is reported that two players will be heading to Turin, one of which is left sided midfielder Santiago Solari.

Should the medical go accordingly, the player will make his debut tomorrow against rivals Milan...

The Bosnian international hasn't been in the best form of late at Juve, but boss Sparky believes a move to his club may just be what he needs.

Salihamdzic made 17 appearances for Juve scoring 4 goals with an average performance of 6.88

Internazionale are in negotiations with rivals Juventus over right sided midfielder Salihamdzic. It is reported that two players will be heading to Turin' date=' one of which is left sided midfielder Santiago Solari.

Should the medical go accordingly, the player will make his debut tomorrow against rivals Milan...

The Bosnian international hasn't been in the best form of late at Juve, but boss Sparky believes a move to his club may just be what he needs.

[b']Salihamdzic made 17 appearances for Juve scoring 4 goals with an average performance of 6.88[/b]

And so he arrives at the Giuseppe Meazza :)

Have been messaging most managers around as Materazzi, Zanetti, Cordoba, Samuel, Cesar, Dacourt, Vieira, Stankovic, Crespo are for sale

P/E only, looking for a replacement + W or AM...

Or I will offer these players for a higher rated one, PM me ;)

Stevenage latest.....

Stevenage Borough continued their fine run of form in the English 4th Division with their 11th straight game without a win. Their impressive young squad of future starlets have yet to make a big impact, but with more games, experience will come and the hopes of promotion will become a reality.

stevenage.jpg

will dreams be made here?

------------------------------

the viola won again ruddy hell we are on a role :eek:

the big game is not far off

good league this is ;)

respect to inter and udinese for makeing this a good battle

good luck guys as we enter the home straight.

p/s good luck to sparky even though he is up against top managers/friends in europe fly the flag for serie a pal ;)

the viola won again ruddy hell we are on a role :eek:

the big game is not far off

good league this is ;)

respect to inter and udinese for makeing this a good battle

good luck guys as we enter the home straight.

p/s good luck to sparky even though he is up against top managers/friends in europe fly the flag for serie a pal ;)

Thanks bud, you really are a top class manager..... Before I check my results, I always see whether your team has won or lost! :P:o

Brilliant season dude, I got my first silverware of the season with the Cup but I want the league....

Inter vs Viola not far away, but the last matches in the league WILL defo play a big part in who wins...

I still got you, Roma, Juve to play:eek:

Plus I see Ben has managed to counter my formation so must come up with something now :P

Thanks for the brill season again Tony, Kuldeep and Mr NiceGuy (Forgot your name bud):o