Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Stadium Building

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Stadium Building’ is a feature which has been asked for time and time again by members of our community, and this is something which is now in place.

Managers who decide to take on certain clubs within the lower reaches of the English Championship like Rochadale, Bury and Morecambe to name but a few are at a disadvantage if they achieve success on the pitch and climb up through the divisions. This is purely because their stadium size will restrict them off the pitch, and they can not compete financially with clubs like Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Manchester United et al.

A solution to the above problem which has been requested time and time again is ‘Stadium Building’. By allowing a manager to raise the capacity of his clubs stadium then in essence he should be able to compete off the pitch with his more illustrious neighbours.

You can understand the above request as there is nothing more frustrating then getting a team like Stockport County (who play at Edgely Park with a capacity of 10,817) from Division 4 all the way to Division 1, and then struggle financially off the pitch as wages et all cripple your club and you go into meltdown!

This is why those of you who mange certain clubs in the lower divisions of the English Championships (along with clubs like CSKA Moskva & Getafe to name but a few in the Gold Championships) will welcome the introduction of ‘Stadium Building’.

If you acheive success on the pitch with your club then your chairman will make a decision whether he wants to increase his ground capacity, and this will be based on a number of factors including current capacity, average attendance, division, and success to name but a few. So in essence we have decided to take ‘Stadium Building’ from the managers hands and place it into the hands of the club chairman.

By taking ‘Stadium Building’ from the control of the manager and into the chairmans hands it will mean that clubs will not end up with unrealistic stadiums (as we still want an element of realism). This is also the case in that you will not see the Evertons, AC Milans, Celtics, Bayern Munchens, Leeds Uniteds et al having an increase in capacity as their stadiums are already adequate to compete on an equal footing with clubs within their respective setups.

So how and when do you know that your chairman has decided to increase your clubs current capacity? As I mentioned earlier if you acheive success on the pitch with your club then your chairman will make a decision whether he wants to increase his ground capacity, and this will be based on a number of factors including current capacity, average attendance, division, and success to name but a few.

If he does decide to increase your capacity based on a number of factors mentioned then you will receive a club message in your inbox stating that he has decided to increase your capacity by x seats (which takes immediate effect).

What will also help the smaller clubs out there is that the chairman will pay for this increase in capacity out of his own pocket, and it will not effect your clubs balance whatsoever!

Also your club is not just limited to one increase, and he can increase it again (and again if needed) based on the factors already mentioned.

We hope that the managers of the smaller clubs out their welcome this long awaited feature, and that it will also help you compete with the big boys once you start to acheive success on the pitch.

Re: Stadium Building

this new addition is excellent, but not without its flaws.

im wrexham, and i've painstakingly brought the club up from D4 all the way to D1.

as you can see, i took 4 seasons doing it (took 2 seasons to bring it up to D2). This new improvement to the game, with effect from this season only, increased my stadium capacity from 15500 (D4 till D2) to only 17000+ (current D1)

now, how is it going to be useful for me to compete effectively? perhaps the increase should be bigger for me especially. i think the increase is not justifiable for me.

what do you guys think? whom can i appoach, preferably an SM staff, to get more help?

thanks for reading, and cheers to all managers out there who are starting small all the way back from D4.

being able to promote from D4 to D1 is like a dream come true.

next up, avoid relegation.

lols.

this new addition is excellent' date=' but not without its flaws.

im wrexham, and i've painstakingly brought the club up from D4 all the way to D1.

as you can see, i took 4 seasons doing it (took 2 seasons to bring it up to D2). This new improvement to the game, with effect from this season only, increased my stadium capacity from 15500 (D4 till D2) to only 17000+ (current D1)

now, how is it going to be useful for me to compete effectively? perhaps the increase should be bigger for me especially. i think the increase is not justifiable for me.

what do you guys think? whom can i appoach, preferably an SM staff, to get more help?

thanks for reading, and cheers to all managers out there who are starting small all the way back from D4.

being able to promote from D4 to D1 is like a dream come true.

next up, avoid relegation.

lols.[/quote']

your expansion seems a little harsh, It should have been bumped up to around 21,000 i think, that would have been fair and would have given u a fair financial footing going into the higher leagues. Also, clubs dont tend to extend their stadiums by such low amounts as it is hardly worth all the trouble.

yea danny you're right. oldham in my league is doing pretty well too. got into D1 last season and stayed up. his stadium after increase is also peanuts. only 18K.

will someone look into this? where/whom should i get more assistance?

I know it's been said this feature will only apply to smaller clubs but i think it should also be extended to teams who have capacities of around 20-25k. Capacities of this size are ok but if you get promoted to the premier league it's still nowhere near enough to compete with Man Utd, chelsea, arsenal and even man city, villa and everton.

Arsenal recently moved grounds and liverpool plan to because their stadiums were deemed not big enough and their capacities were 38k and 45k.

It's a great feature addition but should still be looked at, as any club who get promoted to the top league in real life with a capacity of around 20-25k and start to do well, will look to increase capacity. Portsmouth are an example of this.

I know it's been said this feature will only apply to smaller clubs but i think it should also be extended to teams who have capacities of around 20-25k. Capacities of this size are ok but if you get promoted to the premier league it's still nowhere near enough to compete with Man Utd' date=' chelsea, arsenal and even man city, villa and everton.

Arsenal recently moved grounds and liverpool plan to because their stadiums were deemed not big enough and their capacities were 38k and 45k.

It's a great feature addition but should still be looked at, as any club who get promoted to the top league in real life with a capacity of around 20-25k and start to do well, will look to increase capacity. Portsmouth are an example of this.[/quote']

I agree with you seeing as at the moment I am struggling to keep my financial balance afloat while maintaining my status in the Premier league with Burnley I mean if you had Turf Moor (22,546) you would surley expand it. And Vicarage Road or Fratton Park both under 20,000 I believe. They should be expanded along with other clubs seeing as they are relativley big clubs in England.

Barnsley have a 25k stadium which is probably enough to be competitive and will be similar to a lot of clubs in Div 1, so I don't fancy your chances of getting an increase...

Not saying I agree with that but at the moment it is just real minnows increased that I know of...

Ugh, this thread has me depressed now. LOL

I have been operating in the red on my Zaragoza side for several weeks now, teetering on the brink of promotion (just need to win 2 of 3 games to control my own destiny). My goal was to go balls out to make D1 & hope a stadium upgrade would push me back into the black. However, it seems that won't be the case given my current 34K stadium.

But still, I only have a 22 man senior team & my best player is only Camoranesi 93 (also have 2 92's, 3 91's, & 4 90's) - this quality level isn't too too different from Zaragoza's actual roster. My youth squad is filled with only 14 players rated in their 70's.

Anybody had any luck sending in a ticket & getting your stadium size bumped, especially once reaching D1?

Gizb, I know how you feel, I have a team who are likely to increase but I want the challenge of them having a small stadium.

However, I suppose SM are working on the basis that the manager may one day leave, and it would be unfair on future managers if their predecessors were turning down stadium increases.

i am trying to bring a Morecambe since div4 to div1(already in div3 and most probable is get promotion again).. is a challenge that i proposed to me.. if i am good manager with good teams will i be good manager with the team with less money, with poor players and with the LOWEST stadium in game and become successful?.. i am doing pretty well but this will ruin my challenge :(

Through the job offers i joined a Juventus and i saw now that their stadium have just 25,442, but i thought the stadium of Juve had more.. chairman can upgrade and 'downgrade' the size stadiums?

Well, my team is Dinamo Zagreb, with capacity of 40000.... some would say its enough.

I made 1st division from 3rd in 3 seasons, and now im 5th just a few points behind leader Barca. Problem is that i have 2nd smallest stadium in the league, and i have financial handicap considering 90 % of other teams(after home and away game i have negative balance!!!) and my attendance is near maximum.

I was wondering is there any chance that i could get a bit bigger stadium in some near future, or maybe at the end of the season if i finish top 5 or so, or win a cup....

Whats the procedure with stadium building, should i send ticket or is it automated ?

Cant hurt if i try get a few more seats:D

ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico di Torino that have 25,442.. will send a ticket.

BadBlueBoys, i think you have here your answer :)

ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong' date=' the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico di Torino that have 25,442.. will send a ticket.

BadBlueBoys, i think you have here your answer :)

I think Juve have actually just moved stadiums, due to drastically falling attendance. Think the new stadium has permission to be increased to 42k by installing seats over a current running track, but is currently the 25k on SM. I could be wrong, so don't curse me if so, but sure I saw something about this.

Disappointing for me too tho, as I have a Juve side, and was shocked to see the capacity drop :(

now you said, i gone to Juve's homepage and i saw it..

The Olimpico (Olympic) Stadium, formerly known as Comunale, is owned by the city of Turin, who carried out extensive restoring of the facility for the 2006 Winter Olympics; the Stadium hosted the opening and closing ceremonies of the event.

As from the 2006/07 season, both city clubs, Juventus and Torino, play all their home matches there. The Stadium can hold 25,442 people.

The former Comunale Stadium was built in the Thirties. The first match played there, on June 29 1933, was Juventus vs. Ujpest (6-2), the return leg of the quarter finals of the Central European Cup, a tournament of the time featuring clubs from Italy, Austria, Czechoslovakia and Hungary.

Juventus played 890 games at the Comunale Stadium between 1933 and 1990, and won 17 League titles there in that same period.

My Chelsea team has some pretty high ranked players in it, and that means my weekly expenditures are pretty hefty, even at just 24 players i spend roughly 1.2m on wages a week. Since i don't regularly recieve TV Revenue, on home games i only recieve 950k profit (income - expenditure). If you do the math, this means i'm constantly running at a loss, and with plans to spend £140m on 6 players by the next two seasons, i don't see how that'll be possible with my current stadium capacity...

Does this stadium building also include successful english sides such as Chelsea, who don't have the largest stadiums but have very expensive players in their roster?...

I'd just like to know so that i can be aware that my club will meltdown :(

Edit: I also noticed with my ManU team that after winning the league and keeping attendance at above 99.3% average all season, i did not get an increase in stadium size... I know 76,212 is already quite large, but dont winning teams that fill their stadiums each week deserve a cap increase regardless of their size? This is not to say that i deserve a massive increase, just a menial % increase so that big clubs are still rewarded. A 3% increase would have only pushed up my cap to 78,498.

Does this stadium building also include successful english sides such as Chelsea' date=' who don't have the largest stadiums but have very expensive players in their roster?...

I'd just like to know so that i can be aware that my club will meltdown :([/quote']

The simple answer is no. It only works with tiny teams like Chesterfield, Bury,etc. Generally teams with small stadiums and not too highly rated players. I remember with my LFC for every player I bought, I had to give 2 players+cash for each one because I only had £20million to play with at the start which meant I could found it hard to compete even with Villa, Newcastle and City. Villa managed to nab both Bojan and Pato under my nose which really annoyed me. It's an idea which hasn't been around too long so maybe in the future it'll be extended to what you want. ;)

Edit: I also noticed with my ManU team that after winning the league and keeping attendance at above 99.3% average all season' date=' i did not get an increase in stadium size... I know 76,212 is already quite large, but [b']dont winning teams that fill their stadiums each week deserve a cap increase regardless of their size?[/b] This is not to say that i deserve a massive increase, just a menial % increase so that big clubs are still rewarded. A 3% increase would have only pushed up my cap to 78,498.

Well clearly SM don't think it's right as the gap between the Man Utd's and the West Ham's is quite large as it is so this sort of makes it bigger as they are always more likely to get the better players without having to really break the bank as much as a smaller club would so your idea just makes it easier for big teams and harder for smaller teams. :)

I currently have a Portsmouth team and am steadily improving. The Custom set-up i am involved in only has 2 divisions and is an English Championship.

With all the best players round the world been snapped up at the start all the successful teams in the league are filled with world class players.

I have managed to stay afloat and buy in some world class players myself by investing and selling on youth players but now it is becoming even harder to do so. I should finish this season 6th or better working off of the lowest attendance in the league.

Do you think i will get a stadium expansion because of my apparent success or will i have to look at selling on a few of my big money earners in order to stay in the black.

Any help would be very much appreciated !!!

im getting worried now, i took over a forrest team, and im in my second season, top of div 1, if i get promoted, ill still be in the bottom 4 of division one stadiums, even though mine is around 30k. will i get a increase? ill need it if im to buy higher rated players, even though i am investing in youth etc.

What does it take into consideration ?

these are the sizes of the actual stadiums. But if you can be successful and may be get into the top 4 with these teams or win a cup or something, I understand the chairman will increase the stadium size. I am not sure what kind of success you need to get the chairman expand the stadium. So try to get some success with your team first :)