Stadium Building

Re: Stadium Building

I totally agree with this post, in a soccer manager month my club loses 4m after gate recepts and tv fee's come in and the wages go out, i have to buy and sell players just to keep at a healthy bank account so i can buy the players i need. Luckily for me last season i won the League and the SMFA cup and after winning the Charity sheild and Super Cup the money brought in for this helps. I have to loan out some players 18 to be exact and that saves me 500,000 a week. Now i only have 171 players plus the 18 on loan, as Barcelona 98,943 is the maximum crowd i can have, surely this needs to be increased if i am to remain competitive, Tottenham have 203 players , its is outrageous....

:D:p:eek::):rolleyes:;)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

I totally agree with this post' date=' in a soccer manager month my club loses 4m after gate recepts and tv fee's come in and the wages go out, i have to buy and sell players just to keep at a healthy bank account so i can buy the players i need. Luckily for me last season i won the League and the SMFA cup and after winning the Charity sheild and Super Cup the money brought in for this helps. I have to loan out some players 18 to be exact and that saves me 500,000 a week. Now i only have 171 players plus the 18 on loan, as Barcelona 98,943 is the maximum crowd i can have, surely this needs to be increased if i am to remain competative, Tottenham have 203 players , its is outrageous....

:D:p:eek::):rolleyes:;)[/quote']

I'm hoping your being sarcastic

I'm sorry mate, but if you can't be cometitive with 171 players then your doing something wrong :rolleyes:

I totally agree with this post' date=' in a soccer manager month my club loses 4m after gate recepts and tv fee's come in and the wages go out, i have to buy and sell players just to keep at a healthy bank account so i can buy the players i need. Luckily for me last season i won the League and the SMFA cup and after winning the Charity sheild and Super Cup the money brought in for this helps. I have to loan out some players 18 to be exact and that saves me 500,000 a week. Now i only have 171 players plus the 18 on loan, as Barcelona 98,943 is the maximum crowd i can have, surely this needs to be increased if i am to remain competitive, Tottenham have 203 players , its is outrageous....

Do you really need 171 players? Why dont you sell the 120 you dont need, get lost of money from selling and you wont loss money every week. You really can't be moaning lol.

Never understand people needing that many players. 25 players and a decent youth squad is all you need...

Do you really need 171 players? Why dont you sell the 120 you dont need' date=' get lost of money from selling and you wont loss money every week. You really can't be moaning lol.

Never understand people needing that many players. 25 players and a decent youth squad is all you need...[/quote']

Although i wasn't joking about my squad size, i was joking about the rest, i understand exactly why. I dont need 171 i choose to have them anyway , my point was my stadium is too small.

I totally agree with this post' date=' in a soccer manager month my club loses 4m after gate recepts and tv fee's come in and the wages go out, i have to buy and sell players just to keep at a healthy bank account so i can buy the players i need. Luckily for me last season i won the League and the SMFA cup and after winning the Charity sheild and Super Cup the money brought in for this helps. I have to loan out some players 18 to be exact and that saves me 500,000 a week. Now i only have 171 players plus the 18 on loan, as Barcelona 98,943 is the maximum crowd i can have, surely this needs to be increased if i am to remain competitive, Tottenham have 203 players , its is outrageous....

LOL love it. :P

Well... I got my Benfica team (stadium size 65k) from division 3 to 1 (in 3 seasons) and on the 4th season come in 3rd in division 1 and won the World Champ Cup and World Champ Shield.

I was expecting a stadium increase given that the team surpassed my expectations that season.

But of course it never came.

There is a lingering feeling of frustration as whatever little money I start with this new season is from the winnings, gate receipts and sponsorships.

Teams like R.Madrid and Barcelona have big stadiums to support their expensive teams (that start with a strong team and big coffer) and teams like Chelsea and Manchester City have significant smaller stadiums (but start the game with a big coffer and strong team) to maintain success.

My Chairman doesn't give me a lot of transfer money at the beginning of every campaign and I nearly went broke the previous season because my hand was forced to make certain buys before they were out of my reach.

I'm not sure if I am one of the guys that fell between the gaps because I really feel that my club deserved a stadium seat increase.

Don't get me started on my Deportivo team (stadia size 34k) that went from Division 4 to 1, stayed up for the 2nd season and just won a trophy. If they don't get a stadium increase... I will seriously wonder what is going on! :eek:

Although i wasn't joking about my squad size' date=' i was joking about the rest, i understand exactly why. I dont need 171 i choose to have them anyway , my point was my stadium is too small.[/quote']

98k stadium isnt the problem here, your squad size is as already mentioned. You're not managing the finances well at all hence you lose 4 million per game or 2 games or whatever. You CHOOSE to lose that money when you could very easily be profiting or at least breaking even very easily indeed.

This is what irks me about squad sizes - it allows people to not be very good managers. They dont have to think "should I sign this player or can I not afford it". They think, might aswell, can always raise cash with new risers. I like being challenged by my Shorpe team because right now I have to consider things like. OK Iaquinta just went down 1 rating, is it worth keeping him or should I cash in the 6 million, save 45k per week on wages and use Ballotelli as back up who is only 1 rating lower...

With my Shrope staduim of 25k (ish) I cant realisitically have a squad of high enough rated talent and size to compete for the league by reducing wages. The stadium income just isnt there so I have to buy and sell risers and thats the difference. I dont know the limits of staduim building but hope that it at least allows you to have a 40k staduim after a prolonged period of success ie staying in top divison. I'd like to be rewarded for sucessfully managing a lower league team!

I cant believe you wasted all the effort on that post when i was clearly joking, My income for the season is £414,040,521 and my outgoings are £372,642,504 so not only have i made £42 Million, i've bought Torres and Aguero this season too, please don't say i can't manage my finances as i clearly can.

Soccer Manager can't afford to increase stadiums by that much because all this does is devalue money even more, Another point i didn't start at Barcelona, I was Tottenham and had built up a amazing team, i got offered the job and took it, How many manager who are complaining about stadium sizes have rejected offers from teams with bigger stadiums but wont leave because they have fallen in love with their team ?

I cant believe you wasted all the effort on that post when i was clearly joking' date=' My income for the season is £414,040,521 and my outgoings are £372,642,504 so not only have i made £42 Million, i've bought Torres and Aguero this season too, please don't say i can't manage my finances as i clearly can.

Soccer Manager can't afford to increase stadiums by that much because all this does is devalue money even more, Another point i didn't start at Barcelona, I was Tottenham and had built up a amazing team, i got offered the job and took it, How many manager who are complaining about stadium sizes have rejected offers from teams with bigger stadiums but wont leave because they have fallen in love with their team ?[/quote']

Me.

I was offered managerial positions from Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Munich during my 6 seasons with Deportivo.

Why I didn't leave? Because I built that team from virtually scratch and the clubs that offered me the job didn't have a large enough coffer to allow me to rebuild the squad. (Usually what happens is people deliberately "destroy" the team and quit, leaving a squad of high stat players behind but little money and not enough players to either play or cover all the positions I need).

I brought Pedro for free when his rating was just 88 and saw him reached 92 with Deportivo... with that sort of coup I can't bear to leave the team and see him get sold by the next manager and for the team to get dismantled so it stays in the lower divisions.

Soccer Manager can't afford to increase stadiums by that much because all this does is devalue money even more' date=' Another point i didn't start at Barcelona, I was Tottenham and had built up a amazing team, i got offered the job and took it, How many manager who are complaining about stadium sizes have rejected offers from teams with bigger stadiums but wont leave because they have fallen in love with their team ?[/quote']

It wasnt a lot of effort to write 3 intelligent paragraphs :)

Money is already devalued by the ability to buy and sell risers as youve demonstrated in your ability to make 43 million and buy two world class (ish) strikers in one season! £400 million is crazy ridiculous. Stadium sizes have no where near the same affect.

Stadium sizes woud be a good reward for sticking to a small team they built up over a few years real time. Indeed anyone can choose a team with a big stadium to avoid financial constraints but personally Ive found more satisfaction moving up the division thans just being in a top division the whole time.

I'd never take another job in my league. I bought players such as Hummel, Subotic and Balotelli for pennies who have grown as my team has and my stadium hasnt so much!

I would love for staduim building to become interactive but perhaps I should play football manager instead for that sort of thing :)

Me.

I was offered managerial positions from Madrid' date=' Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Munich during my 6 seasons with Deportivo.

Why I didn't leave? Because I built that team from virtually scratch and the clubs that offered me the job didn't have a large enough coffer to allow me to rebuild the squad. (Usually what happens is people deliberately "destroy" the team and quit, leaving a squad of high stat players behind but little money and not enough players to either play or cover all the positions I need).

I brought Pedro for free when his rating was just 88 and saw him reached 92 with Deportivo... with that sort of coup I can't bear to leave the team and see him get sold by the next manager and for the team to get dismantled so it stays in the lower divisions.[/quote']

That still proves my point though, when i left Tottenham not only was it my only team, the team i support and i was top of Division 2, i'd built up the team from scratch myself but i still couldn't refuse the other job offer. In fact the only team to win Division 1 since i took over as Barcalona was that Tottenham team. I guarantee regarless of what players these big team offered to you had, the squad value would still have been there. It still takes time to destroy teams like Madrid and Chelsea even if people are trying.

People are going to continue to whine about stadiums but i've already said a good option, move to a club with a bigger stadium.

That still proves my point though' date=' when i left Tottenham not only was it my only team, the team i support and i was top of Division 2, i'd built up the team from scratch myself but i still couldn't refuse the other job offer. In fact the only team to win Division 1 since i took over as Barcalona was that Tottenham team. I guarantee regarless of what players these big team offered to you had, the squad value would still have been there. It still takes time to destroy teams like Madrid and Chelsea even if people are trying.

People are going to continue to wine about stadiums but i've already said a good option, move to a club with a bigger stadium.[/quote']

People arent whining about staduims, theyre having a discussion about how SM could be better in some respects!

It still takes time to destroy teams like Madrid and Chelsea even if people are trying.

Its ridiculously easy to be honest.

I see it being done all the time in the gameworlds I participate in to "lesser" teams (or very popular ones).

These teams that get dismantled either end up flirting with relegation or get relegated.

I was very tempted to do the deed to Manchester City in one of the gameworlds I was in... but I was too attached to my team to make the switch. :P

I am in P.Clarks Forty Special ones Custom .Forty Special Ones ID:52914

I manage a team called Cefn Druids there are 4 divisions of 10 teams with the likes of Juve ,Barcelona to Hearts,Port Vale Southampton to Lincoln and Wimbledon etc so there is a mix of all sorts of teams .

It is now in season 3 and when Cefn started they had a capacity of :

Stadium Name Plaskynaston Lane

Capacity 2,000

Wales

Home Club Cefn Druids

I now have a capacity of :

Game World Stadium Plaskynaston Lane (24,871), Cefn Mawr

At the start of each season the chairman has been expanding the stadium which is good as it covers wages better and gives cash to buy Risers.

With the extra expansion of Capacity and my scouting Knowledge it has helped me build Cefn Druids into a team that is capable of beating the bigger teams like the win against Juve or the cup quarter against Manchester United.

20 Mar Division 3 [H] 4 - 3 Juventus

Match Report

Score Centre

8 Mar Forty Special Ones Cup Quarter Final [H] 2 - 1 Manchester United

Match Report

Score Centre

The Gameworld is set at a rich economy so over each home and away turn I roughly break even even with my squad having high wages.

My squad value is now 190 million.

Well the new season has just started and I didnt get a stadium increase for my Shorpe team. 23,398 is below the average for the league. I'm expected to mount a serious title challenge without a serious title challenging sized stadium!

Coupled with wage concerns it leaves me to think that managing a smaller club isnt worth the effort now a days.

I think every successfull team should have 30k or even 40k seats. Certainly a team challenging for the title and cups each year!

Well the new season has just started and I didnt get a stadium increase for my Shorpe team. 23' date='398 is below the average for the league. I'm expected to mount a serious title challenge without a serious title challenging sized stadium!

Coupled with wage concerns it leaves me to think that managing a smaller club isnt worth the effort now a days.

I think every successfull team should have 30k or even 40k seats. Certainly a team challenging for the title and cups each year![/quote']

I think you've now reached the stadium cap for small teams! Same thing happened to my Wycombe Wanderers in EC41 (id115) where the stadium was increased every season until it reached 24,364 and then stopped increasing three seasons ago.

What is really irritating is that last season we won Div 1; English Cup; Champions Cup and were runners-up in the shield and we never get capacity crowds! It's hard enough to make ends meet with a small club at the highest level, you would think that at least SM would let you pack out the ground when your team are successful. Couldn't SM at least allow clubs to use another larger stadium for Champions Cup matches the way Arsenal used Wembley before they moved to the Emirates?

All I can suggest is that you persevere by building up a strong youth squad packed with big risers and sell players to stay in the black. This strategy is working for me so far.

Ehh' date=' I think it's a part of the challenge of having a small club.

I lose 2.0-2.5m every turn...and sell lots of players to finance my team.

[url']http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=1912589&clubid=16396381&sid=40170[/url]

Wages are in excess of 2.7m.

Bit off topic but to reduce your wage bill sell about 150 players. Don't need them

Bit off topic but to reduce your wage bill sell about 150 players. Don't need them

Most of my squad consists of risers who are going up again or TBed former risers.

I sell lots of young top talent though to keep the balances positive (just sold Abate, A. Dominguez, Musacchio, Muller)

--

No one really needs Cristiano Ronaldo either...still lots of people go for him.