Stadium Building

Re: Stadium Building

The best way to do this would be to give a stadium size boost to every team that gets promoted to a higher div. The size increase should be based on the average size of the new division, say give them 50% of the difference between their stadium and the average.

To be more clear, say Team X gets promoted from Div 2 to Div 1 at the end of the season. Stadium of this team has 6k seats and the average of Div 1 is 10k seats. So give Team X a rise of (10k-6k) * 50% = 2k seats so that its stadium capacity becomes 8k.

I think this should be fair enough, bigger stadiums wont get upgraded and small teams get what they deserve.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

I think 25,000 is quite a low number for a team that maintains success in the top league every season. Stadium building should correlate to running a team well somehow and not just an arbitary 25k and "thats your lot wether you finish 2nd or 17th".

I know managing a low level team and building them up as I have done is a challenge but after a while I want to be rewarded for my hard work. I dont want to have to buy and sell risers all the time to break even. It gets a tad boring after a while!

With the rise of wage concerns, managing smaller stadium teams is harder because you're forced to pay players the proper wage and thus you have to buy and sell more risers to cover that expenditure.

Also I think its stupid that the Man UTD team in my league had an average of 98 empty seats for the year yet Shorpe who finished 2nd two seasons in a row and won one of the cups each year have thousands of empty seats.

I hope this side of the game gets looked into at some point to address the balance.

Also I think its stupid that the Man UTD team in my league had an average of 98 empty seats for the year yet Shorpe who finished 2nd two seasons in a row and won one of the cups each year have thousands of empty seats.

I hope this side of the game gets looked into at some point to address the balance.

Absolutely agree 100%. I think the problem is that SM, in the pursuit of realism match clubs real life attendance to gameworld attendance. Whereas in real life a small team that was consistently successful at the highest level would attract a larger following and fill a small stadium week in week out.

• 1 month later...

My team, Grimsby (Eng Champ 1548) has won the top division title for the last 3 years ahead of the likes of Utd and Chelsea. We haven't had a stadium increase for the last 2 years so have had to do with a 22,721.

Of this 22,721 I actually get an average attendance of 18,508. And like other posters, it's this that I have an issue with. I am easily the most successul team in the league, for a sustained period, and have a team averaging 93 and a squad packed with the best young talents in world football...

I think a full house would be reasonable?

On the point of squad size, I started with 25 completely rubbish players and through wheeling and dealing have gained my success. I'd love to trim my squad down but I know that even if I do, I wouldn't be able to pay the wages of my first team - so I keep speculating on talent... hogging it in some cases... at the detriment of the overall league.

A decent fix to successful team incomes would go a long way to fix that and ALLOW me to trim my squad to a reasonable level.

Have to agree with this last post. Now that wage concerns are part of the game and managers are forced to pay full wages at some point then I think the stadium increase cap should be raised to 30,000 at least. Not to mention that us small team managers topping the table every year should expect a full house or something near to that.

I know we chose teams with small stadiums but reward for success seems logical.

I'm quite sure this has been covered a bit, but I wanted to offer my thoughts on stadiums.

I feel that we should be able to custom build, or at least request (with results) stadium building. All setups, not just custom.

Don't get me wrong - you've got to be in a position to be able to earn this. For example, I'm Rangers. After 9 seasons I'm the dominant club in my division (96 rated 1st team, Messi, Ronaldo .etc - 275million in the bank). We did the quadruple two seasons ago and the double last year. We all but sell out. I'm aware that I don't have it rough compared to small clubs (51,082 size stadium) - but this team should have a bigger stadium, or at least be able to build one in the future.

With my squad I can only keep afloat through player sales (risers and selling players for considerably more than I bought them). If I relied on the typical financial inputs I'd have gone BUST seasons ago.

Now, it's not even about me - this example would be much better with someone who had got (say) Torquay into the same position. They shouldn't be limited to getting an average sized stadium if massively dominant.

The biggest argument I can see against it is that managers don't build stadiums, chairmen do. Well in reality most managers have nothing to do with contracts, .etc. Harry Redknapp, for example, has said he doesn't know what any player at his club earns.

At the end of the day it's fantasy football, a fun simulation. I would love to be able to take my club forward by spending cash on a massive stadium!!

I'm not expecting any changes, just fancied vocalising my thoughts. :)

Agree with a couple of points here...

If you are consistently in the top 3 or 4 then you should be getting attendances of 90% plus, it does look odd where clubs are top of the league and have thousands of empty seats. Equally if you are in the bottome 3 or 4 consistently then there should be some drop off in attendance, maybe these can be gauged over the past x number of games.

There should be an option to increase stadia size especially for smaller successful clubs that promote and there should be an associated cost as well as an option at the end of season for clubs to invest cash to stadium development/growth. Why not have this something along the lines of:

£2 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is 12,000 or less

£3 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is between 12,001 and 20,000

£4 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is between 20,001 and 30,000

£6 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is between 30,001 and 45,000

£8 million per 1000 seat increase if capacity is 45,001 or more

Any increase could take 12 months to implement or 'build' and is paid for up front thus at the end of the season I should get an option to develop. If i'm going for an increase from 20,000 to 25,000 its going to cost £20 million and will take a season to implement. It gives cash some purpose too and there could be caps put on clubs eg Local borough or council will only allow planning for a stadium with max capacity of 45,000 or 35,000....so you dont end up with a 125,000 seater Giggs Lane

Jut my tuppance worth...

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with a couple of points here...

If you are consistently in the top 3 or 4 then you should be getting attendances of 90% plus' date=' it does look odd where clubs are top of the league and have thousands of empty seats. Equally if you are in the bottome 3 or 4 consistently then there should be some drop off in attendance, maybe these can be gauged over the past x number of games.

There should be an option to increase stadia size especially for smaller successful clubs that promote and there should be an associated cost as well as an option at the end of season for clubs to invest cash to stadium development/growth. Why not have this something along the lines of:

£2 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is 12,000 or less

£3 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is between 12,001 and 20,000

£4 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is between 20,001 and 30,000

£6 million per 1000 seat increase if your capacity is between 30,001 and 45,000

£8 million per 1000 seat increase if capacity is 45,001 or more

Any increase could take 12 months to implement or 'build' and is paid for up front thus at the end of the season I should get an option to develop. If i'm going for an increase from 20,000 to 25,000 its going to cost £20 million and will take a season to implement. It gives cash some purpose too and there could be caps put on clubs eg Local borough or council will only allow planning for a stadium with max capacity of 45,000 or 35,000....so you dont end up with a 125,000 seater Giggs Lane

Jut my tuppance worth...[/quote']

i readily support this. i am playing with a 11840 seated Giggs Lane. now with rising players in my team, i am facing a economic depression. the total wage of the team becomes about 220,000 but stadium reply is only 326,000 per turn and in the next turn i go furthur in depression. if this continues, how will i take my team to 1st division except selling players and to my dismay i have 21 players so i cant sell. so stadium building is a must. i support ur format except that the time of building the stadium has to be less than 12 months because

it would mean taking about 2 seasons of playing and i suppose it will be too long.

I like this too.

I think some of the logistics and numbers would need looking at, but in principle it would be a real improvement.

I love how every setup always starts as reality and then clubs grow/fall and change organically. This would simply be another way to do this.

The ability to custom increase my stadium, in my current setup, would be my single greatest soccermanager wish!

Make it happen SM Fairy! :)

Nice idea about stadium building; the only hitch I can see there is that it will lead to larger' date=' more successful clubs building bigger stadiums, resulting in greater finances, and the imbalance between rich and poor clubs will get wider.

Maybe it can be tinkered a bit to solve this.[/quote']

Agreed. That would be a problem.

Irish_Manager tried to counter this by making seats more expensive the larger you are. That would work great in-game but isn't very realistic (not that that neccassirly matters).

The big clubs already tend to have the biggest stadiums so this is already an issue. If we could put a system in place that was something like Irish_Manager's then it would actually counter it all a bit.

To grow your stadium though it should cost, and there must be success in place to mean you'll fill new seats.

Relegation fighting clubs shouldn't be able to grow for the sake of it?

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The figures and numbers involved were obviously just examples and agree that it necessarily realistic that seats are dearer the bigger you build but you could always argue that more seats means more space and expansion.

In respect of the 12 month wait time I really meant 1 season game time so developments would take a season to take effect.

Growth should be determined by success thus if a club meets or exceeds chairmans start of season expectations then it will allow clubs to develop.

The key thing though are the big clubs, how do you stop the Bernabeau turning into a 300,000 stadium etc. Theres a couple of ways this could be done:

1. Each individual stadium has a max development size so for Bernabeau it might be 85,000, for Anfield it might 60,000 etc. Would probably involve alot of work though

2. Theres a blanket max development size for a stadium eg 100,000 and stadium growth can be capped at up to 5,000 per season. Cost of development over 80,000 could be severe eg £20 million per 1000 seats

3. Theres no growth per season cap but a max size cap

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The figures and numbers involved were obviously just examples and agree that it necessarily realistic that seats are dearer the bigger you build but you could always argue that more seats means more space and expansion.

In respect of the 12 month wait time I really meant 1 season game time so developments would take a season to take effect.

Growth should be determined by success thus if a club meets or exceeds chairmans start of season expectations then it will allow clubs to develop.

The key thing though are the big clubs' date=' how do you stop the Bernabeau turning into a 300,000 stadium etc. Theres a couple of ways this could be done:

1. Each individual stadium has a max development size so for Bernabeau it might be 85,000, for Anfield it might 60,000 etc. Would probably involve alot of work though

2. Theres a blanket max development size for a stadium eg 100,000 and stadium growth can be capped at up to 5,000 per season. Cost of development over 80,000 could be severe eg £20 million per 1000 seats

3. Theres no growth per season cap but a max size cap[/quote']

Nice ideas.

The one I'd add my input to though, for me, is the max development. I wouldn't want there to be a maximum - but it should get to a point where it's just not financially feasible to grow. If the finance per seats keeps increasing but the return from those seats stays the same then it would become incredibly difficult to get ridiculously big.

Nice ideas.

The one I'd add my input to though' date=' for me, is the max development. I wouldn't want there to be a maximum - but it should get to a point where it's just not financially feasible to grow. If the finance per seats keeps increasing but the return from those seats stays the same then it would become incredibly difficult to get ridiculously big.[/quote']

Cheers

I think the problem or concern is in worlds where clubs have amassed huge fortunes, money is essentially no object so rather than have 200,000 or 300,000 seater stadia, a cap is put in place so you dont end up with ridiculously large stadiums. The only counter you could have is maintenance per 1000 seats maybe.

Cheers

I think the problem or concern is in worlds where clubs have amassed huge fortunes' date=' money is essentially no object so rather than have 200,000 or 300,000 seater stadia, a cap is put in place so you dont end up with ridiculously large stadiums. The only counter you could have is maintenance per 1000 seats maybe.[/quote']

That would be one way of doing it.

For me though, if it got to £50m for every 5,000 seats over 100,000 then it would soon slow growth down a lot.

This would also add a value to cash - people would want cash and would sell players they didn't need to get it. I think this would be fun and stimulate gameworlds into activity.

That would be one way of doing it.

For me though' date=' if it got to £50m for every 5,000 seats over 100,000 then it would soon slow growth down a lot.

This would also add a value to cash - people would want cash and would sell players they didn't need to get it. I think this would be fun and stimulate gameworlds into activity.[/quote']

Definitely agree with this, cash would be given some added 'value' in game and it might be an incentive for clubs to generate cash from sales for building projects while however trying to maintain success or chairmans expectations with what players they have.

Great idea and I do agree that the stadium build thing should be more detailed. Something that might be a good idea to look at could be to add a max % of the current amount of seats that you can upgrade? And then looking at the stadium sizes of course.

So for example:

A stadium with xx amounts of seats is allowed to add xx% of that amount wich equals a total of xx extra seats.

Stadium with 10.000 seats can upgrade with 200% which would mean another 20.000 seats.

Stadium with 40.000 seats can be upgraded with another 50%, which equals 20.000 extra seats.

Stadium with 70.000 seats can get another 20% which means the stadium could get another 14.000 seats.

Next to that add the "more expensive seats when your stadium is bigger" option, that way big clubs wouldn't be able to upgrade a lot (which isn't really necessary either as they already have huge stadiums). While small stadiums won't grow out to be the biggest in the GW, but they will be able to compete with the bigger clubs when it comes to seats.

Of course the numbers I gave are just examples and they should be worked out better.

If you want to keep it realistic, I'd say only the small stadiums should be allowed to expand a lot as they could need it (imagine a League 2 club going to Premier League), while the real big stadiums won't really need bigger stadiums as they're perfectly capable to compete with their current size.

• 3 weeks later...

Stadium Building’ is a feature which has been asked for time and time again by members of our community' date=' and this is something which is now in place.

Managers who decide to take on certain clubs within the lower reaches of the English Championship like Rochadale, Bury and Morecambe to name but a few are at a disadvantage if they achieve success on the pitch and climb up through the divisions. This is purely because their stadium size will restrict them off the pitch, and they can not compete financially with clubs like Everton, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Manchester United et al.

A solution to the above problem which has been requested time and time again is ‘Stadium Building’. By allowing a manager to raise the capacity of his clubs stadium then in essence he should be able to compete off the pitch with his more illustrious neighbours.

You can understand the above request as there is nothing more frustrating then getting a team like Stockport County (who play at Edgely Park with a capacity of 10,817) from Division 4 all the way to Division 1, and then struggle financially off the pitch as wages et all cripple your club and you go into meltdown!

This is why those of you who mange certain clubs in the lower divisions of the English Championships (along with clubs like CSKA Moskva & Getafe to name but a few in the Gold Championships) will welcome the introduction of ‘Stadium Building’.

If you acheive success on the pitch with your club then your chairman will make a decision whether he wants to increase his ground capacity, and this will be based on a number of factors including current capacity, average attendance, division, and success to name but a few. So in essence we have decided to take ‘Stadium Building’ from the managers hands and place it into the hands of the club chairman.

By taking ‘Stadium Building’ from the control of the manager and into the chairmans hands it will mean that clubs will not end up with unrealistic stadiums (as we still want an element of realism). This is also the case in that you will not see the Evertons, AC Milans, Celtics, Bayern Munchens, Leeds Uniteds et al having an increase in capacity as their stadiums are already adequate to compete on an equal footing with clubs within their respective setups.

So how and when do you know that your chairman has decided to increase your clubs current capacity? As I mentioned earlier if you acheive success on the pitch with your club then your chairman will make a decision whether he wants to increase his ground capacity, and this will be based on a number of factors including current capacity, average attendance, division, and success to name but a few.

If he does decide to increase your capacity based on a number of factors mentioned then you will receive a club message in your inbox stating that he has decided to increase your capacity by x seats (which takes immediate effect).

What will also help the smaller clubs out there is that the chairman will pay for this increase in capacity out of his own pocket, and it will not effect your clubs balance whatsoever!

Also your club is not just limited to one increase, and he can increase it again (and again if needed) based on the factors already mentioned.

We hope that the managers of the smaller clubs out their welcome this long awaited feature, and that it will also help you compete with the big boys once you start to acheive success on the pitch.[/quote']

Sorry Ste, but this is rubbish! I took Blackpool who had thd lowest attendence in div 2 and I won div 2, went up to div 1, finished 5th and wait for it.....I got 206 seats!!!! Wonderful system! Oh Man U finshed lower but they still get 70000+ or something daft

Sorry Ste, but this is rubbish! I took Blackpool who had thd lowest attendence in div 2 and I won div 2, went up to div 1, finished 5th and wait for it.....I got 206 seats!!!! Wonderful system! Oh Man U finshed lower but they still get 70000+ or something daft. My point there is they dont get affected, and the gap doesnt close at all.

Sorry Ste' date=' but this is rubbish! I took Blackpool who had thd lowest attendence in div 2 and I won div 2, went up to div 1, finished 5th and wait for it.....I got 206 seats!!!! Wonderful system! Oh Man U finshed lower but they still get 70000+ or something daft. My point there is they dont get affected, and the gap doesnt close at all.[/quote']

Have to agree with this. My Wycombe Wanderers are a top four Div1 team - consistently winning trophies. After several seasons of stadium building we have a capacity of 24,575 but the problem is we never get a sellout crowd whereas the Man U's etc, who are less successful, always do!

My understanding is that people want to make the cash side of the game have more meaning, but isnt the whole idea of increasing the stadium to gain more cash???

Therefore if you have an abundance of cash at the moment why build a bigger stadium in order to generate more cash???

Manage the team folkes. Trophys are what we are after.

The current system where the chairman decides is a good one albeit the lower clubs stadiums could expand to a larger size and a bit quicker.

Problems I find is even when I am succsessful with my team and get promoted I am limited as to how good I can make the team without me going into debt due to wages.

The attendance I find is the main factor of cash mid season. Away matches you most likely will always loose money, however your home matches are what should bring your profit in.

I find with smaller clubs when the chairman doesnt expand the staduim and you are doing succsessful is somewhat of a problem.

I would like a better system of Stadium Building but not one where you can do it whenever you feel.

Maybe you can choose set dates of how you and your team have played show profits, wages and results to a chairman and if they are all good enough your chairman can decline or agree. This will also let you expand mid season incase your loosing money and turn things around so your budget is ready for the next transfer window (If in a custom setup).

• 3 weeks later...

I also think this is rubbish. I manage Atalanta in Serie A and my stadium is only 26k despite 2 top 4 finishes, including a runners up spot, a cup final where I narrowly lost on penalties and an Italian championship shield win in my second season. All of this in 3 seasons and no increase.

If this were to happen in real life there would have been some re-evaluation of the stadium size, I know that there are clubs in the lower divisions with bigger stadiums. Im not asking for an 80k seater after 3 seasons but an extra 3-5k in seats would be nice.

It just sucks that I have to do a lot more work to stay competitive, buying and selling risers all the time.