Stadium Building

Re: Stadium Building

I also think this is rubbish. I manage Atalanta in Serie A and my stadium is only 26k despite 2 top 4 finishes' date=' including a runners up spot, a cup final where I narrowly lost on penalties and an Italian championship shield win in my second season. All of this in 3 seasons and no increase.

If this were to happen in real life there would have been some re-evaluation of the stadium size, I know that there are clubs in the lower divisions with bigger stadiums. Im not asking for an 80k seater after 3 seasons but an extra 3-5k in seats would be nice.

It just sucks that I have to do a lot more work to stay competitive, buying and selling risers all the time.[/quote']

You're right mate, you've now hit the ludicrously low ceiling imposed by SM on 'small' clubs! To add insult to injury you probably won't even get sellout crowds at home even if you win everything - whereas the 'big' clubs will cram them in even if they're in the bottom half of the table.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

You're right mate' date=' you've now hit the ludicrously low ceiling imposed by SM on 'small' clubs! To add insult to injury you probably won't even get sellout crowds at home even if you win everything - whereas the 'big' clubs will cram them in even if they're in the bottom half of the table.[/quote']

Haha you hit it on the head. The most I have gotten into the stadium is 24k which was for a top of the table clash in season 1. Inter has been lower down the table and yet easily gets 60k per game.

• 1 month later...

I've just taken over Leeds in div 2 of an English Championship. I played my first home game last night and i got an attendance of 17k, looking through my schedule seems to be my average. That being said i only got 270k in gate receipts therefor making a loss when playing at home. This seems very much on the low side to what i was expecting for such a big club in a 40k seater stadium. I'm told that attendances are based on real life but i've checked and Leeds were getting 30k towards the end of last season so why are my attendances so low? I also manage Huddersfield in div 3 in another game world and i seem to average an income of around 450k when i play at home so i really dont understand why my income is so low.

• 1 month later...

This function isn't very consistent, is it? My missus has taken Bradford City (25.136 capacity) from div. 4 to div. 1 in 3 seasons, winning all three lower divs. Her chairman rewarded that with an expansion worth 393 seats! The figure is ridiculous, but that's not the main issue. I manage another Bradford team and made the same journey, only thanks to more derbies played my gates average slightly higher than hers the first 3 seasons; I've earned a grand total of 8 points more than her, and I generally last one more round in the cups, yet my chairman doesn't seem to think that expanding Valley Parade is necessary. Go figure.

/Itsme

• 4 weeks later...

Lads i think im right in saying that stadium exspansions in SM no longer occur {if they do let me know} because real life attendences have been apart of the game for along time now. {few years}

This thread should be closed, if you manage a club, it would be pointless for your stadium to be expanded above that clubs real life stadium capacity as it would be impossible to fill it anyway.

note: something which i don't do myself, but if you want funds in SM, then you use the player ratings increases, to harness cash for your side.

• 2 weeks later...

Lads i think im right in saying that stadium exspansions in SM no longer occur {if they do let me know} because real life attendences have been apart of the game for along time now. {few years}

This thread should be closed' date=' if you manage a club, it would be pointless for your stadium to be expanded above that clubs real life stadium capacity as it would be impossible to fill it anyway.

note: something which i don't do myself, but if you want funds in SM, then you use the player ratings increases, to harness cash for your side.[/quote']

Just the other day I had Stamford Bridge upgraded by a few hundred seats at the start of the season.

i've taken my QPR team into div 1 and finished champions in my first season and then retained it the next season ending the gameworld creators grip on it for the first 4 years and yet my capacity has gone up about 500 in the 5 seasons i've been with them.

i'm currently back in debt and now i seem to have come to a dead end cos i don't have a single player i want to let go, after 5 seasons of building and having managed to get in some of the hottest talent in world football.

i'm happy with my squad luckily but the low capacity now has taken away the fun of transfers, although i am now looking forward to the updates to see how my players change.

but really 24,737 for 2 times div 1 champions come on chairman.

I have taken Novara in GC 151 and i believe that it's unfair that Novara's stadium is only 8k' date=' and it should be expanded at the start of the season, cause u cant compete with the other teams in terms of attendance and cash [b']its very hard to get some cash to buy some decent players
[/b]

I imagine that's how Novara feel in real life.

Realism +1.

Once you get promoted / win the league you will get more fans, then earn an expansion. Similar to real life.

[/b]

I imagine that's how Novara feel in real life.

Realism +1.

Once you get promoted / win the league you will get more fans' date=' then earn an expansion. Similar to real life.[/quote']

i am in league 1,and u said to win the league :)) ur funny i am at the mid of the table 3 points from the euro qualification zone :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't want a complicated system for stadium building, adding seats etc. just a slightly more realistic System. My Walsall side regularly finishes in the top 4 of t Division 1 alongside Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal & Liverpool yet we are always in the bottom 3 of attendances with an average crowd of 20,700. We also qualify for European football. There are no other West Midlands clubs in Division 1.

Realistically Walsall would be attracting at least 25.000 from the West Midlands conurbation, even if these fans were day trippers wanting to see the top clubs in action. They would also take glory hunting fans from the other local clubs.

The attendances don't reflect this - all I want is a little bit more realism, not a whole load of stadia and seat building options as that would take away from team management which SM is all about.

• 4 weeks later...

I Manage Falkirk in a scottish league 1. Gained 400 seats on promotion then nothing since. finished 4th in first season then runner up then won six straight title's plus 2 smfa semi's. how you supposed to compete with celtic and rangers with my capacity at 12,804. constantly broke last 2 seasons. not expecting 60,000 but double what ive got is not unreasonable.

I was also concerned with why my Fulham still had a low capacity despite my success, so I decided to manage Lazio (82,000) and It barely reaches 40,000. How do I fill it up? I've been first for a while and now I'm second; still it should be full, shouldn't it?

On to your concerns, I doubt SM improves a stadium to over 25,000.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also concerned with why my Fulham still had a low capacity despite my success' date=' so I decided to manage Lazio (82,000) and It barely reaches 40,000. How do I fill it up? I've been first for a while and now I'm second; still it should be full, shouldn't it?

[/quote']

I've had this problem with some of my clubs. I think the problem is that SM base game attendances on real life average attendance. So even if you have a successful team in SM you can never fill a huge stadium unless that team get sellout crowds in real life. Which is frankly unfair.