Stadium Building

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Stadium Building

Iv got huge problems myself , with my fav club birmingham and tbf my stadium dosent fit with the club at all. i really need more seats as im going into debt every game i have. SM i feel hate small teams developing as how are you meant to keep a team a float as well when you cant handle the wage bill. if i want to keep the bill low to keep in profit i have to sell over half my team. Iv won Cups and finished 3rd so id expect much better. Always managed european football as well every season.

i really expect sm to help small teams asap , how can i develop anymore when im always in debt and can only go out by selling. iv come to a point where there are no fringe players to sell.

Iv got huge problems myself ' date=' with my fav club birmingham and tbf my stadium dosent fit with the club at all. i really need more seats as im going into debt every game i have. SM i feel hate small teams developing as how are you meant to keep a team a float as well when you cant handle the wage bill. if i want to keep the bill low to keep in profit i have to sell over half my team. Iv won Cups and finished 3rd so id expect much better. Always managed european football as well every season.

i really expect sm to help small teams asap , how can i develop anymore when im always in debt and can only go out by selling. iv come to a point where there are no fringe players to sell.[/quote']

TV revenue and prize money (for SMFA comps) should be much much higher.

• 1 month later...

Im managing a small club in portuguese championship and the stadium never got past its original capacity of 9k.. Im currently on the 9th season and have won 5 consecutive league titles + 9 cups. Clubs like benfica, porto, sporting have stadiums of 65k to 50k.. why isnt my stadium growing??

is it a bug, or stadium building doesnt apply to portuguese championships?

Im managing a small club in portuguese championship and the stadium never got past its original capacity of 9k.. Im currently on the 9th season and have won 5 consecutive league titles + 9 cups. Clubs like benfica' date=' porto, sporting have stadiums of 65k to 50k.. why isnt my stadium growing??

is it a bug, or stadium building doesnt apply to portuguese championships?

Its just random, maybe the game thinks it is big enough for the team you have.

Cant be, i have the most valuable team in the setup..

• 1 month later...

Is there any way the rules on this can be eased up slightly? I'm in a competitive EC with Darlington and in the last 4 seasons have made at least the top 5 in the Prem and at least the last 4 in Europe with a squad that is tiny. All I seem to do is buy players to sell to buy players that are the same rating but cheaper so that I don't run into debt.

My stadium is just over 25,000 yet I am consistently outperforming (and getting nearly full grounds) the likes of Man Utd, Newcastle, Sunderland and Arsenal. I'm not asking for a 75,000 seater stadium, but a few more seats would mean that I'm not constantly having to sell players just to keep things ticking over.

This thread still going eh?

My Grimsby in EC1548 are still plodding along winning 5 x Division 1 titles in the last 6 seasons, including 1 perfect (won all domestic and European trophies) season, £150m-£200m in the bank and a total squad of about 130 players to buy/sell in order to pay wages of first teamers...

Still playing in 22,900 capacity stadium though. Hasn't seen an increase in a long time so I guess that's as far as it'll go.

Similar to others, I'd love to have a smaller squad of about 50-60 players and a stadium big enough to at least partially cover wages but at the moment I'm forced to MEGASQUAD my way to continued success. Not only is this a pain in the ass for me, but it also means that other teams find it harder to compete as I have to hog all the talent for future sell value.

This thread still going eh?

My Grimsby in EC1548 are still plodding along winning 5 x Division 1 titles in the last 6 seasons' date=' including 1 perfect (won all domestic and European trophies) season, £150m-£200m in the bank and a total squad of about 130 players to buy/sell in order to pay wages of first teamers...

Still playing in 22,900 capacity stadium though. Hasn't seen an increase in a long time so I guess that's as far as it'll go.

Similar to others, I'd love to have a smaller squad of about 50-60 players and a stadium big enough to at least partially cover wages but at the moment I'm forced to MEGASQUAD my way to continued success. Not only is this a pain in the ass for me, but it also means that other teams find it harder to compete as I have to hog all the talent for future sell value.[/quote']

Spot-on! Same for me exactly, I'm afraid :( SM get a BIG FAIL for their efforts at Stadium Building..... Cowboy Builders if you ask me!

• 1 month later...

I'd settle for the ability to just fill my stadiums. I'm totally frustrated with my smaller teams, which are consistently successful on the pitch, but can't attract enough fans.

Example 1: EC3995 - Just led Bradford City to the SMFA Shield semi final against Rubin. Home leg match attendance: 20,062 (capacity 25,136). If the real-life Bradford City made it to the semi finals of the Europa League, there's no way they wouldn't sell out Valley Parade.

Example 2: ASL279 - In the 4th season of the gameworld, my Vancouver Whitecaps just won their 4th straight domestic league, and also just won the SMFA Champions Cup for the first time. That's 10 honours in 4 seasons. This season's average attendance? 15,652, which is below average for the league, and about 5,000 less than the real life Vancouver Whitecaps.

I'd settle for the ability to just fill my stadiums. I'm totally frustrated with my smaller teams' date=' which are consistently successful on the pitch, but can't attract enough fans.

Example 1: EC3995 - Just led Bradford City to the SMFA Shield semi final against Rubin. Home leg match attendance: 20,062 (capacity 25,136). If the real-life Bradford City made it to the semi finals of the Europa League, there's no way they wouldn't sell out Valley Parade.

Example 2: ASL279 - In the 4th season of the gameworld, my Vancouver Whitecaps just won their 4th straight domestic league, and also just won the SMFA Champions Cup for the first time. That's 10 honours in 4 seasons. This season's average attendance? 15,652, which is below average for the league, and about 5,000 less than the real life Vancouver Whitecaps.[/quote']

yes this is a drag. bradford in uefa semi final would get 100k ppl if they was the seats. the big games should be close max capacity with any team in any league.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just about to wax lyrical about SM trying to keep the game 'as real' as possible....but very quickly realised that this was about as pointless as trying to preach the virtues of contraception to the pope.

Grimbsy - 10 trophies, Champions League winners, 250 million in the bank and squad of 130 players. MMMMMMM....excuse me, I am just packing to go on holiday to one of Jupiters more exclusive moons.

Grimsby is a small, relatively poor fishing town on Humberside coast. To have a stadium which would hold 20,000 fish filleters in one go is about as far an aspiration as Grimsby dare dream up. It is not Barcelona, Milan or London and it never will be. Even if Grimsby did make the Premier League and qualified for Champions League football.....20-25,000 is a pretty realistic limit.

In real life, a super manager, takes a small club as far as it can go, then moves on to bigger club. Either be content with Grimsby and keep winning, pack them in and choose another gameworld, or find a bigger club and see how much fun you could have trying to buy all your old Grimsby players.

I was just about to wax lyrical about SM trying to keep the game 'as real' as possible....but very quickly realised that this was about as pointless as trying to preach the virtues of contraception to the pope.

Grimbsy - 10 trophies' date=' Champions League winners, 250 million in the bank and squad of 130 players. MMMMMMM....excuse me, I am just packing to go on holiday to one of Jupiters more exclusive moons.

Grimsby is a small, relatively poor fishing town on Humberside coast. To have a stadium which would hold 20,000 fish filleters in one go is about as far an aspiration as Grimsby dare dream up. It is not Barcelona, Milan or London and it never will be. Even if Grimsby did make the Premier League and qualified for Champions League football.....20-25,000 is a pretty realistic limit.

In real life, a super manager, takes a small club as far as it can go, then moves on to bigger club. Either be content with Grimsby and keep winning, pack them in and choose another gameworld, or find a bigger club and see how much fun you could have trying to buy all your old Grimsby players.[/quote']

This is a game, surely it should exceed realities limitations sometimes in order to allow more fun. Otherwise big players would never go to small clubs and small clubs would never be managed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't see why they can't bring in a feature where managers can spend money on stadium expansions for example:

£50million = 10,000 capacity increase

Each stadium capacity increase raises the ground maintenance cost

If a club runs into financial trouble the capacity will decrease

A maximum capacity of 130,000

As for the realism argument, you think all united fans come from Manchester and all Liverpool fans come from Liverpool? fans follow successful clubs no matter where they live. I used to know a Blackburn fan from Southampton that had a season ticket!

I don't see why they can't bring in a feature where managers can spend money on stadium expansions for example:

£50million = 10' date='000 capacity increase

Each stadium capacity increase raises the ground maintenance cost

If a club runs into financial trouble the capacity will decrease

A maximum capacity of 130,000

As for the realism argument, you think all united fans come from Manchester and all Liverpool fans come from Liverpool? fans follow successful clubs no matter where they live. I used to know a Blackburn fan from Southampton that had a season ticket![/quote']

You can can ask for the ability to add extra seats but if granted it doesn't mean they will be filled on the day.

FACT: Allowing clubs to expand stadia WILL drastically increase the gap between rich & poor - however ££'s are not that useful in competitive gameworlds, players are.

FACT: Some clubs if consistently successful over time would attract a larger following but this depends on there geographical location.

Walsall in the West Midlands would attract in fickle fans of other clubs such as Villa & Wolves as well as floating fans in the West Midlands area.

Grimsby or Plymouth would grow their fanbase much by not as much due to their geographical location in the U.K.

It also depends on the success of other local teams, eg: Tranmere may be successful but if they are competing against an equally sucessful Liverpool or Everton they will always struggle. However if say for Walsall, none of the other West Midlands clubs were doing well they would grow their fanbase.

How do you replicate this in each SM league? - I don't know, however there has to be a better way than allowing the rich clubs to build ever bigger stadia at the expense of all other clubs

• 5 weeks later...

I was very impressed by this; very perceptive and a good knowledge of 'off the pitch' football.

Likewise, I can't think of a fair way way to implement this into the game, but it definitely should be taken into consideration.

You can can ask for the ability to add extra seats but if granted it doesn't mean they will be filled on the day.

FACT: Allowing clubs to expand stadia WILL drastically increase the gap between rich & poor - however ££'s are not that useful in competitive gameworlds' date=' players are.

FACT: Some clubs if consistently successful over time would attract a larger following but this depends on there geographical location.

Walsall in the West Midlands would attract in fickle fans of other clubs such as Villa & Wolves as well as floating fans in the West Midlands area.

Grimsby or Plymouth would grow their fanbase much by not as much due to their geographical location in the U.K.

It also depends on the success of other local teams, eg: Tranmere may be successful but if they are competing against an equally sucessful Liverpool or Everton they will always struggle. However if say for Walsall, none of the other West Midlands clubs were doing well they would grow their fanbase.

How do you replicate this in each SM league? - I don't know, however there has to be a better way than allowing the rich clubs to build ever bigger stadia at the expense of all other clubs[/quote']