Stadium Building

Re: Stadium Building

Yeah, as others already say, before being able to expand the stadium I'd be happy to get the fans in proportion to the success of the team.. I'm constantly in the top 5 of the highest league but can't get past the 7.000ppl with a stadium for 13.000.. and big teams that get relegated still get 50.000+ pff..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

I took QPR to the Division 1 in 2008 and been there since. Sadly my capacity is stuck at 23,000. I can fill it week-in/week-out but on the whole it's nowhere near good enough to maintain and high-rated team when other teams, such as Sheffield United, is bringing in more than me from the league below.

SM with yet another amazing idea... Ahem.

• 3 weeks later...

I took QPR to the Division 1 in 2008 and been there since. Sadly my capacity is stuck at 23' date='000. I can fill it week-in/week-out but on the whole it's nowhere near good enough to maintain and high-rated team when other teams, such as Sheffield United, is bringing in more than me from the league below.

SM with yet [i']another[/i] amazing idea... Ahem.

I've got a Shorpe team in Div 1. I win most trophies and the league most years. My capacity is about 24k. My average attendance is 19k. Its silly i cant even fill my stadium when I'm effectively the best team in the world.

Also yes it would be nice if success would allow you to increase the stadium further than 24k. Lower league management gets less appealing as time goes on really... surely managers with long term goals would stick around SM more and perhaps buy a gold membership..

all it would take is a small tweak, i think 35,000 as a new limit is suitable for small clubs rising the leagues. But it would be performance related, so would take a few seasons of success in the top flight & 'europe' to achieve the necessary upgrades.

• 4 weeks later...

I manage Rayo Vallecano in a Spanish set up winning the league cup my first full season and just barely nicking the league last season against clubs such as Barca, Real, Atleti, Villareal, Sporting, which all had divvyed up the best players in the game world amongst them.

After my first cup win, the stadium was increased from 15K to 20K and it seems to be stuck there. SM really needs to look at this, someone talked about Grimsby and how it would be unrealistic and I agree but at the end of the day, its a game. Something gotta give otherwise there is no appeal in managing smaller clubs and the status quo continues. And, Rayo is a madrid club, so there can beno excuse like the Grimsby one.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building

i am trying to bring a Morecambe since div4 to div1(already in div3 and most probable is get promotion again).. is a challenge that i proposed to me.. if i am good manager with good teams will i be good manager with the team with less money' date=' with poor players and with the LOWEST stadium in game and become successful?.. i am doing pretty well but this will ruin my challenge :([/quote']

true.... same problem,, there is a huge difference between teams with different stadium capacity... mostly in copetitive gw, to built a good team is necessary to buy-sell hundreds of players, otherwise also a small but high rated team is impossible to maintain, because of the wadges .. so the only way is to do what the game developer are fighting against.. i mean holding like 200 players teams, buying- selling all the time to gain the most moneys one can... it would be really easy to solve the problem, giving the chance of not being always in moneys lose... it would also be ore fun of course, the acutal stadiu develpment is too small and usleless, giving the chance to invest moneys on it, would me much more fair.. I know the point is the link to real life, so a 4th division club in real life is not supposed ro have a 70.000 places stadium, but this is still a game, and in the same way, if one wants to mantain the link to reality, it is unreal a 4th division team that has word class players playing for it.... I'm nealry sure this post are totally useless, every development seems to be done to help the occasional players who pays and only look for big names-big teams- big stadium- and so on.. but it is always good to try.. cheers!

I feel your pain guys, my AFC Bournemouth team is and has been in Div.1 for a few years buy still has the lowest attendance in the league.

I got this from them a couple of years ago now...

Again we will reiterate what has already been said within tickets ######## and ########. We have reviewed this ticket and believe there is no reported bug. This is because a club's attendance is in line with their real life attendance when a Game World is created. This will gradually increase or decrease based on factors outlined within the Help article titled Real Life Attendances. However, this does not mean that a club with an average attendance of 20,000 in real life within a 80,000 capacity stadium will end up selling out if they are successful.

Due to the aforementioned and also the responses provided within tickets ######## and ######## we now consider this matter resolved. It is also worth noting that any further tickets regarding in-game attendances will be closed without.

We are playing a game, far far from real life but, for some reason, they don't seem to be interested in making it a level playing field.

We don't need to start equal but it would be nice to be able to work towards it.

I feel your pain guys' date=' my AFC Bournemouth team is and has been in Div.1 for a few years buy still has the lowest attendance in the league.

I got this from them a couple of years ago now...

We are playing a game, far far from real life but, for some reason, they don't seem to be interested in making it a level playing field.

[b']We don't need to start equal but it would be nice to be able to work towards it.[/b]

In bold: good point

I understand yor frustration. Many people (as I said before, in the forum) play this game, so they can "grow" small teams.

I feel SM is losing some customers, because of the latest (and harsh) financial measures, that were implemented.

Hopefully, SM can return to the financial system (previous to the existing one) or work on other ideas, like "stadium building" or sporadic cash injections by the chairman.

Regards:)

This is ridiculous.. I have Treviso which has a stadium for ca. 18,000, I finished the last 3 seasons among the top 3 teams in the highest league.

In the last season I won the league and the SMFA Champions Cup. My starting eleven has an average rating of 94 (good players guarantee a good show I would assume) BUT now in the new season I only have an average attendance of 10,661?

If you don't let us expand the stadiums at least make the attendance more realistic? A team with a tiny arena that wins everything and plays among the top teams for years most like would have a sold out arena for years. Like this big/rich teams with big arenas only get richer despite of how well they do and a (real life) small team has no chance of building a sustainable team. Can't you link the attendance to the results?

• 3 months later...

Just to add an extra signature to the cry for a change...

I'm currently managing york and macclesfield taking them to lofty heights and the restrictions on stadium growth is kind of absurd...

SM should at the very least put us in the boats of swansea's (or even man city when we grow a club so exponentially). my york has gone from a squad value of around 9? mil to currently over 200mil with another 50mil of talent out on loan. but less than 13k stadium... didn't even fill my seats with mandzukic up front in a 90 rated team at home to liverpool with a 93 rated team. If the arguement is what would be real, any lower team that suddenly spiked in value by a few hundred million over a couple of years fielding 90 rated internationals winning trophies, they would look to get bigger grounds =/

I wouldn't even care if i had to sell half my players and front up 100mil cash just to get a 35k stadium. It should be an option, with a cap around 45000 capacity and you should have to win a trophy or title to get the option to do it so it's harder, and force people to go up say 10k at a time so it's not really worth it unless you really want it.

Riferimento: Stadium Building

if the point is the "reality", the game developers should understand that the stadium building would have as a consequence more realistic teams, just because it would not be necessary for some teams to have more than 150 players to survive... the fact is that with small stadiums it is impossible to battle with those teams that gain alot of moneys per match. The consequence of this is to built huge teams with possible risers that are sold as soon as the rating as changed... that is the only way not to go under a 0 balance.... a 150-200 players team, seems to me less realistic than a less known team with a big stadium. hope they'll think to that (though i'm sure they will not..)))...

• 2 weeks later...

We've said before that we wouldn't allow managers to increase their stadium capacity themselves. However, we have recently revisited this thread and several others on this subject and realise that it is is something which you are asking for. Due to this we will be shortly testing something in relation to this subject.

Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building

We've said before that we wouldn't allow managers to increase their stadium capacity themselves. However' date=' we have recently revisited this thread and several others on this subject and realise that it is is something which you are asking for. Due to this we will be shortly testing something in relation to this subject.[/quote']

Thanks Steven, that is a good new )... hope there will be the chance with time and with good management, for those who take less famous or less powerful, to compete with those who take teams already famous, rich and with big stadiums.

Stadium building would be a massive boost for those of us running on deficits or losing money every turn. But more fundamentally, it would be nice if SM looked at the attendance issue as well.

If you are successful and winning trophies left and right and finish consistently near the top of the table, your stadium should be full every match day, especially if you are a small club. With some of my clubs I still can't get a sell out crowd even though I always in trophies and finish in the top three. It's very frustrating and unfair to think of all you've won and the money you are still losing cuz your stadium is not full

We've said before that we wouldn't allow managers to increase their stadium capacity themselves. However' date=' we have recently revisited this thread and several others on this subject and realise that it is is something which you are asking for. Due to this we will be shortly testing something in relation to this subject.[/quote']

I really like this idea if this is done well it could be a great addition to the game.Really interested to see how this possible feature develops.

IMHO I feel that stadium building will only work properly if the fans system is worked out.

By this I means that if one club in a particular area is doing well in the league it will affect attendances of other clubs in the local area, say within 15 miles.

Once this is in place and fans migrate between stadiums and actually fill te capacity then stadiums can be extended.

My Fleetwood Town club which I have now raised to Division 1 from Division 4 still has its 5,600 seat stadium that we started with. Often this is not filled to capacity whereas Blackpool will fill their 17,000 seater regularly despite being lower down the divisions.

That's great news!

I think almost all SM fans agree with some form of stadium building. Regardless of this thread's title, I believe what most users want also has to do with this:

There are multiple clubs with big stadiums, but with very little attendances. From my point of view, a significant part of ticket revenues should also be influenced by the club's performances. So, if the team is consistently doing well, more fans should come watch the home matches.

Finally and this is just a small suggestion - a little percentage of the team's attendances should be linked to the squad's quality - in reality, good squads and star players generally attract fans to the stadium. In SM terms, the quality of the squad should be measured by factors like the players' rating or their cost value. Therefore, if a manager increasingly leads his club to success, he'll see his work financially rewarded, as well.

Btw nice work Steven, it's been a long time since we had a Dev coming into the forum regularly.

Continue being this helpful! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, as other folks previously say, just before being able to broaden the stadium I'd be glad to have the fans in proportion to the prosperity of the group.. I'm constantly inside the top five of the maximum league but can't get past the 7.000ppl with a stadium for 13.000.. and large teams which get relegated still get 50.000 pff..

havaianas
  • 3 months later...

hi i totally agree i personally feel stadium building would be the brilliant feature

i have managed a few lower league teams and i found it frustrating because you dont get enough revenue due to size of the stadium. if you managed a team from league 1 or 2 that have stadiums size of 20,000 max you find you only get a max revenue of 1mil so you have to sell most of your team before you bringin good players in order to progress. stadium building for me would be a brilliant feature