Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Stadium Building

Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building

We've said before that we wouldn't allow managers to increase their stadium capacity themselves. However' date=' we have recently revisited this thread and several others on this subject and realise that it is is something which you are asking for. Due to this we will be shortly testing something in relation to this subject.[/quote']

any news on this subject? Unfortunately seems all is going on like before and not any developments where done... I think the possibility to change the stadium size would help the game to be more fun and competitve... hope something will be done soon, thanks))

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building

any news on this subject? Unfortunately seems all is going on like before and not any developments where done... I think the possibility to change the stadium size would help the game to be more fun and competitve... hope something will be done soon' date=' thanks))[/quote']

It'll be getting tested within the Single Player over the coming months and we'll see how pans out first.

It'll be getting tested within the Single Player over the coming months and we'll see how pans out first.

Any news on how the stadium building is getting on in single player mode?

Any news on how the stadium building is getting on in single player mode?

It's live in Soccer Manager 2015 so you can test it yourself and see what you think. We'll be spending until the end of the year bug fixing and adding new features like continental competitions etc to Soccer Manager 2015 and then next year we'll split our resources between both games to fix problems and introduce new features.

It's live in Soccer Manager 2015 so you can test it yourself and see what you think. We'll be spending until the end of the year bug fixing and adding new features like continental competitions etc to Soccer Manager 2015 and then next year we'll split our resources between both games to fix problems and introduce new features.

That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add new features early in the new year, concentrate on the Online game (because too many players that were here in 2005 2006 have had enough and are already leaving, they in a way contributed to what SM has become and it wouldn't look good if in a few years very few remained, it wouldn't look good for your product, all other great games whether its championship manager, FM, fifa, proevo etc have life time players) now is the time to fix it, the communication in-game to SM HQ is, well its dire, it's impossible to discuss issues with a attentive ear.

Should be an in-game community, or some sort of area of discussion, so for instance if someone has an issue or bug and posts it and gets 5000 likes/alerts (meaning that 5000 other people have had the same issue) instead of 5000 bug reports that you must go through individually

You just need to manage things a bit better :rolleyes:

That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add new features early in the new year' date=' concentrate on the Online game (because too many players that were here in 2005 2006 have had enough and are already leaving, they in a way contributed to what SM has become and it wouldn't look good if in a few years very few remained, it wouldn't look good for your product, all other great games whether its championship manager, FM, fifa, proevo etc have life time players) now is the time to fix it, the communication in-game to SM HQ is, well its dire, it's impossible to discuss issues with a attentive ear.

Should be an in-game community, or some sort of area of discussion, so for instance if someone has an issue or bug and posts it and gets 5000 likes/alerts (meaning that 5000 other people have had the same issue) instead of 5000 bug reports that you must go through individually

You just need to manage things a bit better :rolleyes:[/quote']

Very, VERY WELL said Sir, my thoughts too :)

Re: Stadium Building

This Stadium Building change is welcome but for those of us that have already taken smaller clubs to the top division and have to regularly sell our best players to survive it won't help.

What will help is our existing stadia capacity being filled on a weekly basis AS IT WOULD BE IN REAL LIFE.

Re: Stadium Building

This Stadium Building change is welcome but for those of us that have already taken smaller clubs to the top division and have to regularly sell our best players to survive it won't help.

What will help is our existing stadia capacity being filled on a weekly basis AS IT WOULD BE IN REAL LIFE.

Yeah, this has been a big problem for a long long time!

I have a Sau Paulo team, very successful , Messi + other top stars and 80k seat stadium... 30k attendance... 'because that's what Sau Paulo get in real life'!!???

That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add new features early in the new year' date=' concentrate on the Online game (because too many players that were here in 2005 2006 have had enough and are already leaving, they in a way contributed to what SM has become and it wouldn't look good if in a few years very few remained, it wouldn't look good for your product, all other great games whether its championship manager, FM, fifa, proevo etc have life time players) now is the time to fix it, the communication in-game to SM HQ is, well its dire, it's impossible to discuss issues with a attentive ear.

You just need to manage things a bit better :rolleyes:[/quote']

Hit the nail right on the head, its the online game where SM should be focusing their efforts, that is where the main core of the fanbase is located! The single player should be a side project in comparision....

Hit the nail right on the head' date=' its the online game where SM should be focusing their efforts, that is where the main core of the fanbase is located! The single player should be a side project in comparision....[/quote']

This might be of interest to you guys currently Dev talking & & being questioned re attendances!

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=171930

New Stadium Sizes (Division 1)

• Manchester United - 76212 (0)
  • Arsenal - 60432 (0)
  • Manchester City - 55097 (0)
  • Newcastle United - 52387 (0)
  • Sunderland - 49000 (0)
  • Aston Villa - 43945 (1157)
  • Chelsea - 43456 (1401)
  • Tottenham Hotspur - 43102 (6792)
  • Everton - 42384 (1815)
  • West Ham United - 41865 (6218)
  • Stoke City - 40233 (11849)
  • Bolton Wanderers - 39646 (10923) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers - 39286 (7586)
  • Norwich City - 39222 (11972) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Blackburn Rovers - 38971 (7604)
  • Fulham - 38533 (11933)
  • Southampton - 38520 (5831)
  • Nottingham Forest - 37726 (6476) <- RedSky's club, he won 7 major honours including the Champions League - second most successful club in the league's 10 season history
  • Plymouth Argyle - 35079 (11285) <- just been promoted to Division 1 this season
  • Darlington 1883 - 31377 (5941)

There are major issues with the stadium increase algorithm if a club like RedSky's now has the third lowest stadium capacity, and this is an issue that has led to him resigning from his team. Please fix this as it is horrific to see.

Why not leave the upgrades to the stadium up to us by using our in game money to do so.

There is a new blog article up about the changes to how stadium building and attendances now work: http://socm.io/hj

this is great, Steven. thanks for making it plain.

but I still have a question:

in a World Championship I'm in as Barcelona, I'm the most successful club with 6 titles, United are next with 5. opening day of this season (a week ago) saw me, defending League Champion having just won the Charity Shield, playing at home. United were at home too.

I got 69k out of 99k

United got 75k out of 77k

how is that possible? we were both playing poorly ranked teams and both won easily. it can't be success based as I'm defending Champion.

could my fanbase smaller than his? how can that be when I've got more Titles?

I'm just confused and any explanation would be well appreciated.

this is great, Steven. thanks for making it plain.

but I still have a question:

in a World Championship I'm in as Barcelona, I'm the most successful club with 6 titles, United are next with 5. opening day of this season (a week ago) saw me, defending League Champion having just won the Charity Shield, playing at home. United were at home too.

I got 69k out of 99k

United got 75k out of 77k

how is that possible? we were both playing poorly ranked teams and both won easily. it can't be success based as I'm defending Champion.

could my fanbase smaller than his? how can that be when I've got more Titles?

I'm just confused and any explanation would be well appreciated.

Their starting fan base is bigger than yours - it's as simple as that.

Their starting fan base is bigger than yours - it's as simple as that.

ok cool.

but you said one increases the fanbase by winning? and I've won the most titles? soooo... what?

also this league started in 2010... United had a bigger fanbase than Barcelona in 2010?

ok cool.

but you said one increases the fanbase by winning? and I've won the most titles? soooo... what?

also this league started in 2010... United had a bigger fanbase than Barcelona in 2010?

There is a very useful website for looking at attendances called European Football Statistics. I urge everyone to go and look at that and see average attendances for leagues over the years as well as individual clubs. Look at Serie A last season for example, how many of the big boys sell out their stadium? It's a very interesting website and one worth bookmarking.

There is a very useful website for looking at attendances called European Football Statistics. I urge everyone to go and look at that and see average attendances for leagues over the years as well as individual clubs. Look at Serie A last season for example, how many of the big boys sell out their stadium? It's a very interesting website and one worth bookmarking.

that shows Barcelona averaging in the 70-80k rage in the time my gameworld has been active. and I'm the most successful club in my GW.

so, again, how do I get just 69k opening day? is it because my opponent was weak? is that a factor?