Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Stadium Building

Apologies on the potential right forum topic for this as I don't believe it exactly fits into the Stadium threads or the Player positions and such threads.

I know this kind of thing has been briefly mentioned previously but another example of something surely being wrong with the updates to the chairman that have been added since the new UI. I will post it in the stadiums thread also just incase as it also covers stadium related content.

Tonight in a game world, Manchester United in D2 with their 75k stadium received a financial boost of £50m from the chairman. The club has a good squad, 14+ 90 rated players, including 3 93/94's, which I believe put's them well inside the top 5 in the whole of the game world in terms of strength in highly rated players. They do however have a large squad of 75 players and the average rating of the whole squad is 84. Their wage bill of £2.1m is easily covered.

Now the manager had around £25m anyway before the chairmans cash boost for the club which now gives them around £75m. 

Compare this to my Stoke side within the game world. Just promoted to D1 as league winners. I had £2m total, 37 players with an average of 86 across the whole squad & 10 90+ players, none above 91 a wage bill of £1.2m. Due to the promotion the stadium was increased from around 28k to 33k which is fine, it's in the joint lowest 5/6 stadiums in D1 but I've just been promoted, it's understandable. 

My chairman however did not give the club any financial boosts whatsoever. So the comparison is a newly promoted team, smaller stadium, worse squad, less cash, no financial boost compared to the team with the better squad, bigger stadium, more cash whom got a £50m financial boost. If someone can explain to me that this is correct and fair I'll be impressed. If it comes down to a clubs fanbase then I believe this needs to be re-thought in the case of financial boosts because with this system in place the 'rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer'.

EDIT:

I have also been informed that Arsenal, promoted to D1 in 2nd place this season received £39m. They have 78 players, an average squad rating of 81, 12 players 90+ however they have; Messi, Ronaldo, Ramos, Pique, Fabregas, Silva, Rooney. A stadium of 60,000 & their wage bill is £2.9m. Essentially you've allowed the chairman to pay for their seasons wage bill even though they have a huge stadium anyway. Again, the rich get richer & the poor get poorer, is this what is meant to be happening?

Can we introduce a provision so of a club stays in a league long enough it can upgrade its stadium closer to constant set for a league.

Say 110,000 for division one, 50000 for division 2, 30000 for division 3 and so on. Also make if a club is promoted to division one and relegated back to 2 in a season, that season still counts as progress to the division 2 constant ( don't want to disadvantage teams that spent a while in a higher season obviously, they ve earned advantages.

Obviously if a club gets relegated to a lower league but already has larger stadium capacity than league constant then it doesn't affect them.

It's certainly realistic, DP!

Unsure if there was some sarcasm here or not :rolleyes: But to state the obvious anyway, it would be realistic if these clubs were & would have been top 4 clubs in D1 for the past seasons. Manchester United were in D3 not too long ago & haven't won a trophy for a long time. The boosts haven't been set properly to take into account the previous seasons & such like it was proposed to be.

Unsure if there was some sarcasm here or not :rolleyes: But to state the obvious anyway, it would be realistic if these clubs were & would have been top 4 clubs in D1 for the past seasons. Manchester United were in D3 not too long ago & haven't won a trophy for a long time. The boosts haven't been set properly to take into account the previous seasons & such like it was proposed to be.

Sorry, I should have made it clear I was referring to your final point about the rich getting richer, etc.

There's an easy solution to all of this.

Money needs to become more relevant in SM, and the cash that we win, or get from selling players, needs to be able to put back into the club, some how. Or to be able to buy players with cash, which will never happen, because p/e rule, because there is no real market with transfer bans, and not using transfer windows, that correlate with players urges to leave and sign for other clubs. Sorry, off topic.

But, like in stadium upgrades as well.

Set a cap at 110,000 or something. If I want to add 10,000 seats, then that will cost me 40 mil or something. I don't know, not my department. I'm just an idea guy. You can have other limits of purchase too. Like 1,000 seats for 4 mil, 5,000 for 20 mil, and what not. Or have something pop up, asking, "Hey, your chairman wants to take 20 mil and use it to purchase some seats. Good idea? Yes, or no?" And there's like a couple of buttons, that you can click, with yes or no, on them. That will provide some incentive, to sell players, maybe.

Just seems so easy.

I've read this before on the forum. Thought it was a good idea, along with many others. Don't know why it hasn't been implemented.

Just want to say, I love SM. Kind of been a big part of my life, for a while now. Almost treat it like a job, because in real life, this was what I used to do, in some ways or another. I'm currently not involved in football at the moment, but will probably be looking for something in football soon, and working for a company like this, just seems like something I could do and be good at. Been a gamer all my life on the side, in many forms, but for some reason, there's just this community on here, that intrigues me so much more than any other platform and game. But, lately, I've seen many sides of SM, that I don't like, and the direction it is going, is really turning me off, and many others. I don't understand, and don't really want anything to change that much with the layout, and player valuations and what not. They were fine before, but just keep getting worse. Remember the good old days, when it was simple, with green and white? Simple layout, easy to understand. Game was booming. GC's were a hot commodity, because you only pumped them out like once a month. Now it's just disgusting what you did with GC's. Sorry, I'm getting off topic.

Stadiums need to be looked at, yes. Maybe with Cash Injections? Bring that back up in the board meeting...please.

Stadium upgrades is as good or as close to what it can be right now but putting it in the users hand cap or not is for me a terrible idea we should never be dealing with that. 

I think the money is more useful but I would say going down the route similar to Ultimate Team might be interesting BUT only with player cards for example have a team of the week and you could buy a upgrade if you already own a player from that team of the week and have different set prices but since they aren't consistant enough with ratings and add to the fact if real money ever got involved that would render in game money irrelevant. I'd hate to see cards like injury recovery cards but totw cards would add a touch more fun.

Stadium upgrades is as good or as close to what it can be right now but putting it in the users hand cap or not is for me a terrible idea we should never be dealing with that. 

I think the money is more useful but I would say going down the route similar to Ultimate Team might be interesting BUT only with player cards for example have a team of the week and you could buy a upgrade if you already own a player from that team of the week and have different set prices but since they aren't consistant enough with ratings and add to the fact if real money ever got involved that would render in game money irrelevant. I'd hate to see cards like injury recovery cards but totw cards would add a touch more fun.

Well, that is why they won't put in our hands, because they are scared of something, that isn't there. What's there to be scared of. Something that is more realistic, because money has no say in anything in this game. I have clubs with over 1 bil in money, just sitting on it, because there are squad caps, and wage limits, and what not, but they are still sitting at a 40,000 seat stadium, why? They've earned the right by winning and recruiting young players, and then selling them for more cash. To do what with that cash exactly? Buy more players? No other managed team wants cash, when part exchanges are still on. But then, when you put on cash only deals, nobody sells any players, and back to having squad caps in some leagues, like most customs, that just means, no player will ever get angry. So then there is no transfer market, or anything.

All I'm saying is that cash has no relevance. Give it something, like being able to put it back into your club somehow, so that you can use it for something.

And don't turn this game into like any other video game with player cards, and team of the weeks and stuff. That's what makes SM different. Because it is as realistic, dealing with real players, I have seen. And then being able to have fun with friends, and play against other managers, like it is real life, is pretty cool.

But, with this new layout, that alienates everything and everyone, and cash still being irrelevant, stadiums are the least of my worries. Would just make things a lot easier I think, being able to invest into them.

Every Football Management game i've played excluding FM which involved stadium building in the users hands (FM) wasn't exactly in the users hands but whilst fun to a point in the end ruined the game or I just stopped playing. 

Anyway if you have 1billion why build a new stadium to generate even more useless money when you cant exactly design or see it when you have a wage and player cap it's pointless and I know that's just using your one example but i'm just replying to what you wrote.

I do agree though something to spend your cash but not stadium building although I do think we should be charged money when the chairman decides to upgrade but with SM simply asking whether you want to upgrade or not dependent on your financial situation you can make your decision Yes or No it will cost x amount and take between 1 to 6 months to complete again dependent on upgrade. 

I honestly do think now with players rating being much more important something along the lines of ultimate team is the only way to go if you want to spend your cash on something else like a 88 rated GK who in real life done great was on your team you could spend x amount to boost him to the 90 rated GK of totw for two games. It needs to be handled delicately though.

Every Football Management game i've played excluding FM which involved stadium building in the users hands (FM) wasn't exactly in the users hands but whilst fun to a point in the end ruined the game or I just stopped playing. 

Anyway if you have 1billion why build a new stadium to generate even more useless money when you cant exactly design or see it when you have a wage and player cap it's pointless and I know that's just using your one example but i'm just replying to what you wrote.

I do agree though something to spend your cash but not stadium building although I do think we should be charged money when the chairman decides to upgrade but with SM simply asking whether you want to upgrade or not dependent on your financial situation you can make your decision Yes or No it will cost x amount and take between 1 to 6 months to complete again dependent on upgrade. 

I honestly do think now with players rating being much more important something along the lines of ultimate team is the only way to go if you want to spend your cash on something else like a 88 rated GK who in real life done great was on your team you could spend x amount to boost him to the 90 rated GK of totw for two games. It needs to be handled delicately though.

Delicately would be hard to do, with that implement in SM Worlds.

But back to cash injections into stadiums. I like the idea of setting up some sort of process, where it takes a few months or so, for completion, if the board does decide to take money out of your transfer budget.

But the whole managing part, would then be lost, and I can see why some would not want to implement cash injections from your transfer budget. I guess it is setup decently, where, if you do well, you get some sort of stadium upgrade. But, at times, with other forumers responses, on which clubs get it and not, seems all too random still.

I think we all agree though, that cash needs to become more relevant some how, maybe just in the transfer market though. And that's another topic.

I still think, setting a stadium cap, at whatever you want, and letting managers have their fun with the cash and what not, would still be fun, and at least make cash in the meantime somewhat valuable.

Players rule SM, with their ratings still. P/E rule because of this.

SM needs a bigger team of player analyzers, or whatever you call em, and have player's ratings shoot up or down, more drastically, frequently. So for instance, Aubameyang, right now would be something like a 93 or even 94. Instead of 92. Cause we all know, if he continues on this pace, these next couple of seasons, he'll eventually get there. If he stinks it up, he drops back down. Seems simple. I know off topic. But it's all tied together with cash, and what to do with it.

Stadium upgrades, at least, for now, are better. Just needs to be cleaned up a little maybe. Not so random.

So, this was the last Stadium Building Thread I could find with some actual hits...so, I'll give it a go, with another rant about something, and hopefully SM land will respond.

I've recently bought a couple new Customs to build. Actually bought, not the free ones, but paid for, with my own money, but that's really not the point of this post, it's about stadiums.

So, in those new customs I built, I have some mediocre clubs to choose from in them, and I really don't know if this has anything to do with it, because it may do the same to bigger clubs as well. But, they are unmanaged right now, and have been unmanaged since the beginning. I started the league, with every club having a 300 mil budget, to help buy some players and what not, that go along with some specific custom rules. Now, after about 4 seasons, their budgets, are average 60 million. About 240 less of what they should be around. Expecting, they'll have some ups and downs, as unmanaged clubs used to...but not anymore, with I'm guessing, these new stadium rules.

So, the concept of some of these customs I've built, are for these clubs, to have some money. Not be flushing it down the toilet, because that's where it seems to go. Is it because these stadiums aren't full at the beginning of new customs? Because if it is, then that needs to go. What club in real life, doesn't have most of it's stadium full, to survive, or even get a little to breaking even, when you know you are in the red. These unmanaged clubs, shouldn't be losing millions. Like, hundreds of millions, over a few short seasons. Divisions have 10 clubs in them. 18 league games.

I'm very unhappy about this. Really ruins some great concepts I've got going.

One thing is for sure, SM people have made the game much tougher to play, with this New UI, and all these new rules. Don't know where all the complaints came from about that stuff. Really baffles me.

Oh well, rant over. Because it is a rant...I know it won't be addressed.

They've already got your money, why on earth do you expect them to care? :)

;)

What's funny, is they used to respond quickly too. Not like what it used to be about 7 months ago to a year ago, when all the changes were coming in.

It's been real quiet.

Maybe, they are just trying to weed out the things, they really don't have the resources for anymore. They poured, I think, most of their money into this Single player game, and moving to apps, when they should have just stuck to the pc version, a little bit longer. Gotten their rep up a little bit more. Fixed a few areas in the pc version, ie, add tick boxes, stadium issues, transfer issues, concern issues (which seem better), cash issues, focus more on News Feed, etc, etc, etc, instead of going the other way.

I know its hindsight, but c'mon, it seems really obvious after the fact that it should have been done this way. No?

Why jump into something new, when you have a fledgling product still, gaining momentum. Momentum has died, I think, and there has been a bit of a panic, for quite awhile, causing them to be non responsive more on issues about the game. Because they can't go back to that. It's done and dusted. Which is said about the Old UI.