Stadium Building

Re: Stadium Building

Is there any chance of my Norwich stadium ever going up?

i know that its pretty reasonable and not miles behind the other clubs, but since getting promoted I have come 4th, 3rd and 4th so I am actually competing with the top clubs and my current one is way lower than theirs.

But my mate in the setup who played alot longer says i wont because im about the same as the lower clubs.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

Proberly Not

My Adelaide Side In Oz 1 Have Less Than 20k Stadium {Smallest In Setup I Think}, & I've Finished 2nd & 3rd Or Somthing & Got No Incresae & Im Competing With Sydney, Melbourne & Some other Decent Size Stadiums Etc

Is there any chance of my Norwich stadium ever going up?

i know that its pretty reasonable and not miles behind the other clubs' date=' but since getting promoted I have come 4th, 3rd and 4th so I am actually competing with the top clubs and my current one is way lower than theirs.

But my mate in the setup who played alot longer says i wont because im about the same as the lower clubs.[/quote']

Never gonna happen' date=' would further increase the gap between the Barcas and Millwalls of SM :o

[/quote']

but shouldnt that be the case really

Barca are a million miles from Millwall and i know you used them as examples but it is true that on here (like I have with Norwich) its easy afer a few seasons to get a small club to become one of the top teams, when in reality it is not. Even with investors like West Ham, Aston Villa and Newcastle (all multi millionare owners) they never break into the big 4 teams.

Theres alot of talk about Spurs doing it but they always fall short, and same with Everton (except one season and then it ruined them the season after)

but shouldnt that be the case really

Barca are a million miles from Millwall and i know you used them as examples but it is true that on here (like I have with Norwich) its easy afer a few seasons to get a small club to become one of the top teams' date=' when in reality it is not. Even with investors like West Ham, Aston Villa and Newcastle (all multi millionare owners) they never break into the big 4 teams.

Theres alot of talk about Spurs doing it but they always fall short, and same with Everton (except one season and then it ruined them the season after)[/quote']

No1 takes lower teams as it is, lets try not to giv them more reasons not too :o

Looks like, Im gonna hv to be incredibley predictable and roll out the fun vs realism debate again :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great' thing. So I took over the mighty Shrewsbury Town FC with a stadium of 9,875.

Now I know I'll be recieving the odd 2k increase here and there on the road to Div 1, but as everyone knows the 20k stadia that ultimately awaits me wont be enough to pay the wages of the sort of players the fans at the New Meadow will eventually want me to purchase, never mind get me the money to actually be able to buy them.

All the wheeling and dealing in the world wont make up for the fact that I'll be £2 million a match down from the bigger clubs.

Its the old realism v playability argument, nobody wants a setup where all the teams have 70k stadiums, but the fact that the big clubs that aren't successful will have theres reduced would help stop that.

I assume the Man Utd etc managers out there would like to be challenged for the top spot by more than a few clubs eventualy? But then, I could be wrong on that one! ;)

So ultimatley I have to ask myself the question shall I just plump for a team already in the top flight with a 40k+ stadia where this disadvantage wont affect me? Leaving the setup I'm in at the moment one club emptier, and waiting until another setup is opened that ends up 25% full? Or stay at a club that, through no fault of my own, I wont be able to reach the top spot with?

Neither option sounds too appealing to me I'm afraid... :rolleyes:

Hi all' date='

Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great' thing. So I took over the mighty Shrewsbury Town FC with a stadium of 9,875.

Now I know I'll be recieving the odd 2k increase here and there on the road to Div 1, but as everyone knows the 20k stadia that ultimately awaits me wont be enough to pay the wages of the sort of players the fans at the New Meadow will eventually want me to purchase, never mind get me the money to actually be able to buy them.

All the wheeling and dealing in the world wont make up for the fact that I'll be £2 million a match down from the bigger clubs.

Its the old realism v playability argument, nobody wants a setup where all the teams have 70k stadiums, but the fact that the big clubs that aren't successful will have theres reduced would help stop that.

I assume the Man Utd etc managers out there would like to be challenged for the top spot by more than a few clubs eventualy? But then, I could be wrong on that one! ;)

So ultimatley I have to ask myself the question shall I just plump for a team already in the top flight with a 40k+ stadia where this disadvantage wont affect me? Leaving the setup I'm in at the moment one club emptier, and waiting until another setup is opened that ends up 25% full? Or stay at a club that, through no fault of my own, I wont be able to reach the top spot with?

Neither option sounds too appealing to me I'm afraid... :rolleyes:[/quote']

I do feel for your point of view. If clubs where able to build their stadiums up a bit more drastically (however unrealistic) it would certainly encourage managers to take on the task of managing the smaller clubs.

Speaking from my own personal experience, it would encourage me to take on the challenge of managing a small club and would give money more of a use in the game too.

Perhaps the solution is to have a maximum stadium capacity cap. Whereby nobody can take their original stadium beyond 65,000 if managing in the top flight. And this cap would have to be incremental between the divisions, and reached over a number of seasons based on such factors as: promotions, ticket sales and stadium attendance etc.

Pete

I personally think the current format is fine - but it needs to affect ALL clubs with smaller stadiums, and the increases need to be more drastic.

Ie if managing Portsmouth, and you come 5th, you should get a 10k stadium increase. Then if you come 5th again, another 10k so you are the same as most EPL clubs.

If I managed Shrewsbury (just an example), with my 9k stadium, and I got promoted, I should get a good 8-10k increase to get me level with the rest of the league say.

If I came 1st with Everton (around 40k seater), then I should get a 5k increase, so I can challenge again.

Etc.

I do feel for your point of view. If clubs where able to build their stadiums up a bit more drastically (however unrealistic) it would certainly encourage managers to take on the task of managing the smaller clubs.

Speaking from my own personal experience' date=' it would encourage me to take on the challenge of managing a small club and would give money more of a use in the game too.

Perhaps the solution is to have a maximum stadium capacity cap. Whereby nobody can take their original stadium beyond 65,000 if managing in the top flight. And this cap would have to be incremental between the divisions, and reached over a number of seasons based on such factors as: promotions, ticket sales and stadium attendance etc.

Pete[/quote']

I note that you say the massive stadium expansion necessarry for this fella to become truly competetive would be unrealistic. As you say though, it should happen.

It's unrealistic that Shrewsbury would march their way up the leagues in the way that they have in this scenario. Due to the time scale as well, this game can never claim to be realistic but only provide a sense of realism (which it does well by the way).

In real life it would be impossible to make a team improve in the way you can SM because due to all the scouting threads you can just buy all the cheap rises and make a squad that will develop more quickly than the infrastructure of the team.

Christmas Bonus Fact:

Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

A lot of things are unrealistic in this game but it seems that that's the way people like it, so why not make stadium increases more achievable for most clubs, obviously your Barcas of the world don't need it, but teams like Everton or Spurs should be able to increase their stadiums as a reward for good performance, afterall if you have money why can't you spend it on a stadium, what is wrong with that, up to a certain amount of course.

I believe the ability to increase stadium size would make no club unmanageable anymore, plenty of managers would take on small clubs if they knew they could increase stadiums, this would also help to reduce the need for these unrealistic squad sizes that some clubs believe are necessary to make money.

I believe the ability to increase stadium size would make no club unmanageable anymore' date=' plenty of managers would take on small clubs if they knew they could increase stadiums, this would also help to reduce the need for these unrealistic squad sizes that some clubs believe are necessary to make money.[/quote']

1. No club is every unmanageable :)

2. This wouldnt make a massive difference in terms of ppl taking up lower clubs, most still want the Chelsea's and Barca's of this world. If this was the real world who would u rather have in your team Terry, Essien, Lampard, Drogba and Cech or Freddy Eastwood??? :o

3. We all know money's useless after a point anyway so wot wld ppl gain from increasing stadium sizes? If u hv the money to build another 20,000 seats surely u also hv enuf to buy some1 half decent. If not then that 20,000 seats is irrelevant and if so then go buy the player u want!

This is why I mention squad sizes aswell, because if we can manage to find a system that spreads talent around, then money will be worth something and stadium size will be an important feature of the game, making our wonderful game even better and much more playable, not just if you manage your Chelsea or Barca.

We need squad restrictions of some sort, and the ability to increase stadiums in size.

My first team I ever took over on SM just finished their first season.

Portsmouth in an EC.

I finished 2nd (5 points behind Liverpool thanks to 4 draws and 2 losses in the last 7 games) and won the Shield (and came in 4th in the Cup).

I got no increase in stadium size at all.

I'd say from Portsmouth, that's worth an increase. I squeaked through with just under 1mil a game in salary (thanks to loaning out youth) and there is no way that I can increase the size of my squad.

Anyone know why my chairman didn't increase the stadium size?

My first team I ever took over on SM just finished their first season.

Portsmouth in an EC.

I finished 2nd (5 points behind Liverpool thanks to 4 draws and 2 losses in the last 7 games) and won the Shield (and came in 4th in the Cup).

I got no increase in stadium size at all.

I'd say from Portsmouth' date=' that's worth an increase. I squeaked through with just under 1mil a game in salary (thanks to loaning out youth) and there is no way that I can increase the size of my squad.

Anyone know why my chairman didn't increase the stadium size?[/quote']

Because Stadium Building only has an effect on teams with "small" stadiums so the Likes of Grimsby, Rochdale, Macclesfield would get an increase if necessary. Pompey are deemed "too big" which is why you didn't get one.

SM are improving the system so in future your team should get increases if it continues to perform well. :)

I currently sit 6th in GC 27 with Fulham with 13 games to go.

Are you telling me that if I qualify for the SMFA Shield with Fulham in my first season....I won't get a stadium increase since I already have 22,000 seats?

I mean...it is literally impossible for me to compete then.

I currently sit 6th in GC 27 with Fulham with 13 games to go.

Are you telling me that if I qualify for the SMFA Shield with Fulham in my first season....I won't get a stadium increase since I already have 22' date='000 seats?

I mean...it is literally impossible for me to compete then.[/quote']

Exactly mate.

I know it's rather silly but that's the way it is atm. In the setup I'm in some guy took Anderlecht in the first season in D4. It is now in the 4th season and he's 3rd in D2 but he has a stadium size of just over 26K which in D1 is ridiculous, if he gets there as he's going to have to settle for a play off place because Sevilla are 4 points ahead with 1 game left. He has transfer listed about a quarter of his squad, all for a least £10million and i'm guessing its because of a shortage of cash.

Villa are second or third in D1 in the same setup but again, no increase.

So you'll just have to be patient and cope. Sorry. :(