Stadium Building

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Riferimento: Re: Stadium Building That's good to hear but IMO in the new year if you've fixed bugs etc on SM2015 i don't see why you would want to waste resources and time on it looking to add n

Re: Stadium Building ah.. just saw that the Juventus Stadium is wrong, the correct name of stadium is Delle Alpi and have 69000 seats.. but stadium attributed in game to Juventus is Stadio Olimpico d

Re: Stadium Building Hi all, Well I must say I'm a little depressed after reading this thread! Joined SM because I wanted to take a small club to geatness, not do the usual 'keep a great club great'

Re: Stadium Building

I do not think you should have to pay any real money to expand your stadium so forget that,I believe you should have two options one to expand your current stadium which should be around 1 million pounds for 1,000 seats so if the Portsmouth manager got 20 million he could expand his stadium to 40,000,I also think you should not be able to expand your stadium to twice the size it currently holds and if you have a stadium over 50,000 it should not be able to be expanded at all.

The other option if you are Northampton and boosting it up to 12,000 twice the original size it will not make a huge difference i think you should be able to build a new stadium,This should be not something cheap and would maybe need to get into considerable debt to do this and it should also take time somewhere to around 6 months to a year but in the long run it could benefit you in the long run,The size should depend on how the performance has been in recent seasons and then decide a stadium size off that i feel sorry for someone who is Crewe in EC3 who has a stadium size of 15,000 and will get promoted to divison 1 probably and he will probably not be able to compete due to real life attendances either,Stupid idea and whoever thought it was a good need to have a serious think about it.

I do not think you should have to pay any real money to expand your stadium so forget that' date='I believe you should have two options one to expand your current stadium which should be around 1 million pounds for 1,000 seats so if the Portsmouth manager got 20 million he could expand his stadium to 40,000,I also think you should not be able to expand your stadium to twice the size it currently holds and if you have a stadium over 50,000 it should not be able to be expanded at all.

The other option if you are Northampton and boosting it up to 12,000 twice the original size it will not make a huge difference i think you should be able to build a new stadium,This should be not something cheap and would maybe need to get into considerable debt to do this and it should also take time somewhere to around 6 months to a year but in the long run it could benefit you in the long run,The size should depend on how the performance has been in recent seasons and then decide a stadium size off that i feel sorry for someone who is Crewe in EC3 who has a stadium size of 15,000 and will get promoted to divison 1 probably and he will probably not be able to compete due to real life attendances either,Stupid idea and whoever thought it was a good need to have a serious think about it.[/quote']

It should cost alot to upgrade ur stadium. I think you may hav the solution to stadium building to get implemented and that is to let it get completed in 6 real life months(maybe thats a bit too long to wait rather about 4 months)

If stadiums could be increased at the manager's option by spending real money or the funds you have in SM, then everyone would just end up with massive stadiums.

I think at the moment it is OK in that you get promoted to a league and your stadium increases if it is well below all the other teams in that league.

Where I think the current system really falls down is when you are successful in the stop flight. I have a few clubs who are on 20k ish stadiums and have been title winners/contenders for several years but have never seen a stadium expansion. The calibre of players has grown and so has the wage bill yet the stadium never increases.

I also think it is ridiculous how attendances do not increase with success and how they remain tied to real life attendance. My Spartak side are arguably the most successful side in the game yet they rarely fill their stadium above 1/3rd capacity. Granted, I don't expect 85,000 people to show up when I am playing Russian/Ukraine minnows, but I had under 30,000 show up for my SMFA Cup Quarter Final against Barcelona only a week or two ago.

When SM launched upgrades we were told it was the first stage only. That was in May 2008 but nothing has changed since then. Particularly with other changes made to the game (wages generally increasing, investments reducing), I really think Stadiums are an area SM need to devote some attention to ASAP.

If stadiums could be increased at the manager's option by spending real money or the funds you have in SM' date=' then everyone would just end up with massive stadiums.

I think at the moment it is OK in that you get promoted to a league and your stadium increases if it is well below all the other teams in that league.

Where I think the current system really falls down is when you are successful in the stop flight. I have a few clubs who are on 20k ish stadiums and have been title winners/contenders for several years but have never seen a stadium expansion. The calibre of players has grown and so has the wage bill yet the stadium never increases.

I also think it is ridiculous how attendances do not increase with success and how they remain tied to real life attendance. My Spartak side are arguably the most successful side in the game yet they rarely fill their stadium above 1/3rd capacity. Granted, I don't expect 85,000 people to show up when I am playing Russian/Ukraine minnows, but I had under 30,000 show up for my SMFA Cup Quarter Final against Barcelona only a week or two ago.

When SM launched upgrades we were told it was the first stage only. That was in May 2008 but nothing has changed since then. Particularly with other changes made to the game (wages generally increasing, investments reducing), I really think Stadiums are an area SM need to devote some attention to ASAP.[/quote']

Agreed as i was suggesting earlier it should be tied into performance somehow and possibly money but more performance,As you suggested your Spartak Moscow side in a key quarter final cup game against the real life European Champions and yet 30,000 people turn up,Say if it was a Champions League quarter final with Spartak Moscow vs Barcelona it would definitely be a sell out,I feel teams who started doing a Division 4 challenges are now struggling because they have real life attendances and boosting the attendance up makes no difference really,Say i was Walsall and got promoted to Division 1 and got my attendance boosted up to 20,000 it does not really make much of a difference if 4,000 people still turn up,Sure use real life attendances to start off with but when there performance improves or drops the attendances should do the same,Then if your team regularly sells out you cold get a bigger increase or perhaps a move to a new stadium as a result of that,The point you make about wages is a good one as well espically youth teams as the wages went up from 3,500 p/w to 7,100 p/w in some of my setups which i struggle to afford and this also impacts smaller clubs trying to make it big and it is undoing all of there good work.

• 5 weeks later...

My Histon team got promoted last season via the play offs.

My reward was a stadium capacity increase from 3,800 to 6,220

Pro rata thats a very big increase.

I had 6,209 turn up for my last home game against Celtic, which we drew 0-0

The game before that I beat Porto at home 2-0 and 6,183 turned up for that.

So, pretty much full to the rafters every home game, if I get another stadium increase at the end of the season, I will be more than happy. I suspect this will be based on whether I get promoted again.

Keep up the good work SM. :)

I'm in Division One with Bradford and my stadium size is still 25' date='000 is this a bug or am I meant to survive with a stadium this capacity?

Oh and no more transfer budgets?[/quote']

My stadium capacity is less than 7000 and I am coping.

In 6 months my squad value, including cash has gone from less than £2M to £165M so it can be done.

Some of my players, Johnson, Filipe, Hulk, Pjanic, Pablo Hernandez, Vermaelen, Granero, Perotti, Sandro, Forlin, Ljajic and so on.

Try starting with a total cash value + squad of less than £2M with a capacity of 3,800 - thats a real challenge. ;)

I'm in Division One with Bradford and my stadium size is still 25' date='000 is this a bug or am I meant to survive with a stadium this capacity?

Oh and no more transfer budgets?[/quote']

Current English premier league teams Burnley, Fulham, Portsmouth, Hull and Wigan all have capacities around 20-25k so i think a capacity of 25k is fine for you. The new feature will only kick in if your capacity is way below that of everyone elses. Say for example you got Dagenham promoted to the first division and had a 6k capacity then you'd see an increase, but not for 25k.

• 2 months later...

I think the maximum capacity of the new stadiums must be determined depending on the average capacity in the setup. What if I'm managing Juventus in a custom setup, with a stadium capacity of only 22000 and the average capacity is about the double. I really earn 4 times less from tickets than the top teams. And I still use to lead the table with 10 points over the second one...

I think i have a succes story for Stadium Building.

AFC Bournemouth GC19

Promoted to division 2, got a 2,000 increase.

Start of the new season in division 2, i got another 2,000 increase, so i was on about 14,500 seats.

Just got promoted to division one and my chairman increased my stadium capacity by 10,000 seats.

:eek:

So it can work.

My Histon team started off with their real life capacity of 3' date='800 in Div 4.

Now in Div 2 = 24,985 is the new cap, looking forward to getting into Div 1 one day soon. :)[/quote']

Thats very Bizzare, i kind of feel that my increase wasnt good enough now, how a Histon can have that high in Div 2 is beyond me ! I bet if i stay in div 1 i wont get a increase, but only time can tell

Thats very Bizzare' date=' i kind of feel that my increase wasnt good enough now, how a Histon can have that high in Div 2 is beyond me ! I bet if i stay in div 1 i wont get a increase, but only time can tell[/quote']

Game World Stadium Bridge Road (24,985), Histon and Impington

I will keep you posted if I get promotion this season, I play my final game of the season on Thursday night then its guaranteed play offs due to my points, then its lottery time.

Not sure what increase I would get if any in Div 1 but if and when it happens, I will let you know,

Thats very Bizzare' date=' i kind of feel that my increase wasnt good enough now, how a Histon can have that high in Div 2 is beyond me ! I bet if i stay in div 1 i wont get a increase, but only time can tell[/quote']

Won my play off last night having beaten Barcelona with my Histon team. :D

Its taken me 5 seasons to get from Div 4 to Div 1 but its been worth it.

Team value has gone from a few hundred thousand pounds to £319M.

My reward for promotion to Div 1 is a new stadium capacity.

Game World Stadium Bridge Road (30,924) Histon and Impington

Not bad when in real life Histon's stadium cap is 3,800 :)

It seems to go up in chunks. I earned 3 successive promotions with Grimsby:

Div 4 > Div 3 - No stadium increase from 10,033

Div 3 > Div 2 - Increase of 1,500

Div 2 > Div 1 - Increase of 9,800

Current capacity is 21,236 so it'll be interesting to see if there is another increase next season. The division will contain a number of 'smaller' clubs next year such but should still average well over 25,000 average capacity so I'm hoping for a boost of around 4,000 seats.