EURO2008-Portuguese squad

Gizb

Re: EURO2008-Portuguese squad

why you disagree?

the ratio goals-games in Portuguese squad Nuno Gomes is the best forward of the three..

Almeida don't know plays alone.. is his weak point.. and Portugal plays 4-3-3 with 2 wingers.. is only a 'appeal' option

ok we will see. if he doesnt score at least 2 goals in the tournament i will egg his house :P

that comment under me was a cheap one lol. NUNO GOMES HAS LOST HIS TOUCH.... he might be first choice but i can see he wont do nothing with that opportunity.

Portugal won their first game in this EURO by 2-0 against Turkey goals of Pepe(61m) and Raul Meireles(93m). And win the 3 first points in the Group A.

Happy that Portugal won as I'm rooting them on. Wish Turkey scored a goal to boost my predict score.

Pepe's goal was a real cracker as was Meireles's though that was from a good breakaway from Portugal.

Portugal won their first game in this EURO by 2-0 against Turkey goals of Pepe(61m) and Raul Meireles(93m). And win the 3 first points in the Group A.

Maybe if hugo almieda was there he would scored the ones nuno gomes hit the posts :P at least he didnt play a bad game which is a surprise.

For me the more important players of Portugal were Pepe, Nuno Gomes, Deco, Simao and Ronaldo and for Turkey, Aurelio and Nihat, Kazim was good in first half, but Ferreira in 2nd increase is level and Kazim only made fouls..

I think Portugal have great chances to be first.. Czech Republic without Rosicky and Nedved seemed a bit poor and Swiss have a lot of will but have some problems inside the area.. and without Frei they will have more difficulties.. instead their best opportunity was when he wasn't in pitch.. Turkey for me have good chances to be 2nd in group.

Portugal won the Czech Rep. by 3-1 in the second game of Euro 2008. Our National team can celebrate today the passage for the quarter-finals if Switzerland does not win Turkey, a game that begins at 19.45.

Deco scored the first goal for Portugal soon at 11 minutes. Sionko drawed, six minutes later, but in the second part the Portugal sealed the victory, the first goal was made by Cristiano Ronaldo, after an excellent pass of Deco, then, already in discounts a shot of Quaresma made the final result, the pass was from Ronaldo.

Ronaldo really annoyed me today. He makes a meal out of EVERY challenge. I mean, how many times did he fall over in that match? The slightest touch and he falls over, and then looks at the ref with the look of a 13 year old schoolboy whose teacher has just told him he is in detention. Then he takes another 5 minutes to fix his socks.

Portugal lost the game against Switzerland by 2-0.. Although Portugal play with a '2nd squad' we made a good first half.. where the referee started to show his abilities.. after 20 minutes he marked 12 fouls.. and the most evident inside of area of Swiss he not marked.. he should sent off Paulo Ferreira and a goal bad cancelled to Postiga this only in first half.. in 2nd the penalty(??) for Swiss.. was that faul? i know that the game was almost a friendly but.. Put a Austrian referee in a game Portugal vs Swiss in Euro 2008 co organized by Austria and.. Switzerland seems a bit 'false'.. at least Scolari saw that our 2nd team isn't an option(unless Postiga and Quaresma) and to our players know that they aren't invencible.. in EURO2004 we lost with the same team 2 times.. and now the team that beat us is out, so i think we will win it ;)..

the most important of the game was the 2 goals of Yakin(yeah, the same that replaced Frei after his injury..) he have 3 in Euro.

At least we already passed and some of our players rested..

Portugal lost in quarter finals with Germany. Germany made the 1-0 in a counter attack were Podolski beaten Bosingwa in speed and crossed to the area to Schweinsteiger touches to the net at the 20 minutes. 4 minutes passed and in lateral freekick made by Schweinsteiger, Klose alone made the 2-0. At 40 minutes Nuno Gomes give some hope scoring the 1-2. This goal make Germany tremble and move backward. But at 60 minutes in another freekick, Ballack scored pushing Paulo Ferreira and drawing him of the move. A thick error of the referee associated to many others like obstructions near German area, danger tackles without giving a card or marking the foul, leaving the Germans waste time and not warn them or show a card.. to bad to an EURO referee... with this goal Portugal discouraged. With the goal of Postiga at the end of the game Portugal won encouragement and leaved me thought that the end could be other. But it wasn't. Since today a new Era will start in Portugal... The coach is leaving.. some players are leaving.. let's hope the future become bright and the referees become impartial. We are a small country, but the biggest fear us.

The history of Portugal in EURO2008 finished today, we lost a battle not a war.

i really hope ferreria retires from international level.... he wouldnt even be the best player if he was on the Barbados national team. (no offence) he was the biggest disappointment right next to ricardo. i would rather put jorge ribiero in instead of him..

and wow i think this was nuno gomes best tournament since he played good passes. to bad he only scored once..

Don't complain about officiating because it's always on your side. And when it's not once, well you guys complain. I'll keep it plain and simple and put up a quote of Schuldiner in a previous thread and all I can say is that I completely agree.

Nice to see Portugal beaten by a dubious goal too. They've been bending the rules for far too long (mostly by throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity)... nice to see them beaten at their own game for once.

the difference is that we fall in ground(did we?) and from that not results goals and not solve games.. but the Ballack's goal made it.

Ya, in this particular situation it did make the game.

But in other games the Portuguese squad can't stop falling. And as Schuldiner said, it's nice to see them beaten at their own game for once.

of course is in this situation..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

we not play a physic football, we are more technicians and is natural we are more weak.... don't forget we had the average height and weight more low in this EURO..

i have just a word to say in this situation ...y

Portugal had finally Deco, he that failed in 2006 and in many periods after the German World Cup, and the play quality increased some pegs. The Portuguese player always knew what to do, few wrong passes, and the teammates were always aware that if there was any idea to continue the move, that idea have to become from the 'genius'.

He ends the season in great form and has been the most injustice by the early elimination of Portugal in Euro2008. Passes of twenty, thirty meters, a goal very important against the Czech Republic and a immensity of details of talent spread in Swiss lawns.

Deco managed to almost everything wanted. A great European at a time when chooses the next career club , goodbye to the physical problems and three major exhibitions for the national team. At the time of the championship goodbye, identified in the perfection that had the advantage to Germany: " we not learned to solve the problems that we knew that we would have."

He, more than anyone, was the best Portuguese in Euro imo..

www.4play_DECO.jpg

the difference is that we fall in ground(did we?) and from that not results goals and not solve games.. but the Ballack's goal made it.

How can you say diving doesn't affect the result? :confused: Diving/going down easy gives you possession of the ball (usually in an area near the opposition goal)... you may not always score directly from the free kicks' date=' but they allow you to create a lot more chances than you would get without diving. More chances usually means more goals.

we not play a physic football, we are more technicians and is natural we are more weak.... don't forget we had the average height and weight more low in this EURO..

Let me know if I'm wrong, but that sounds like you're saying diving is ok if you have small players. That's ridiculous. I don't care if you have a team of anorexic 6 year olds... diving is still unacceptable.

Spain and Argentina are also technical teams. I'm not saying they never dive, but they don't seem to do it anywhere near as much as Portugal do. Same for Arsenal and Barcelona if you want to mention club teams. There is no excuse for cheating... stop trying to make one.

For the record, I also disagree with what Ballack did. It was just nice to see a bit of karma that's all. :P

first of all.. dive is different of fall.. in Swiss we had rain but not enough to the pitch become a pool............. the fouls that referee marks, benefits the defense, helping them to backward.. and i not saw any dive near the area.. just in middle of the field.. and we not cross to area from 50 meters.. or did we?

about our countenance.. when we are shoulder to shoulder being us weak, the probably of we fall is big or isn't it? try make it with a wall... -.-'' if you fall you are ''diving''.. -.-''

Ballack not pushed Paulo Ferreira?.. the more blind is the one that don't want see the things..