EURO2008-Portuguese squad

Gizb

Re: EURO2008-Portuguese squad

well portugals weakness i gues was there poor heading ability and the fact that ricardo compared to many goalie in top country is really poor.

I thought that portugal had many possesion and more creatvity but they couldnt do anything which i was surprised.

I thought Nani should have played from the begin really simao has passed his years already.

Simao is titular instead of Nani because he have more football culture and his better in free kicks. to use our creativity we need space.. and German playing backward was hard to use it.. With the new coach Ricardo probably will not be titular anymore.. at least he won the prize of 'butter hands' :\

first of all.. dive is different of fall.. in Swiss we had rain but not enough to the pitch become a pool............. the fouls that referee marks' date=' benefits the defense, helping them to backward.. and i not saw any dive near the area.. just in middle of the field.. and we not cross to area from 50 meters.. or did we?

about our countenance.. when we are shoulder to shoulder being us weak, the probably of we fall is big or isn't it? try make it with a wall... -.-'' if you fall you are ''diving''.. -.-''

Ballack not pushed Paulo Ferreira?.. the more blind is the one that don't want see the things..[/quote']

I'm not talking about that particular match. I'm talking about the way Portugal have played for the last 5 years or so. Being knocked off your feet is fair enough, but Portuguese players seem to throw themselves on the floor from even the slightest contact... that's the same as diving in my eyes. Sometimes it is because they aren't strong enough to stay on their feet, but far too often they 'fall' deliberately.

You misunderstood me about Ballack. I wasn't saying he didn't push anyone, I was saying what he did was wrong (although it wasn't a huge push. Ferreira's marking wasn't great anyway).

bad or good marking it was foul.. and the goal shouldn't count.

in FIFA's site..

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits

any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee

to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

trips or attempts to trip an opponent

• jumps at an opponent

charges an opponent

• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

pushes an opponent

the link-->http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/laws%5fof%5fthe%5fgame%5f0708%5f10565.pdf

what referee whistles is foul according to this.. so you can't talk about dives.. what you can say is that German won with a goal that isn't valid.