Mexican ratings

TheRooster

In a hurry, so apologies this might be a little abrupt.

Batista Itamar, Forward, Rated 84. Plays for Jaguares. Think he's 2nd top scorer. Signed from a Korean side, has been a revelation. Ought to rise significantly - likes of Vuoso are rated 89.

Atlas' entire squad ought to rise quite a bit. To get as far as they have in the Libertadores and to still make the playoffs with their low budget and reliance mostly on home-grown players is excellent.

Bava (Keeper) has to rise from 85, maybe to 87/88.

Valdez up to 88 (and move to MR/C)

Medina, Colotto, Marioni all up 1.

Vidrio, Jimenez, Pacheco should all rise significantly from the 70s to 83-85 (possibly 86 for Vidrio).

Jorge Torres and Jorge Hernandez have had international callups, and Ayala will play in Olympic squad. All should rise +2, Hernandez especially ought to be 87.

Puebla's entire squad seem about 1pt underrated.

America's about 1pt overrated (apart from Cabanas, he is outstanding).

Will post more later.

Re: Mexican ratings

Good post' date=' just a query specifically on Pacheco from Atlas, what rating do you feel he will make personally and how much has he been playing? Cheers.[/font']

Been playing more recently, think he has 9 games in this season (in Mexico they play 2 seasons per year, 17 games) including Libertadores. He should be an AM/F too, I think he's a M in SM at the moment.

Comparing him to a squad player for Chivas or America (Mexico's other Libertadores respresentatives) makes me think he'll get 81 at the least, possibly as much as 83.

He has played much less than Vidrio and Jimenez - they have both pretty much been regulars through this season and in Libertadores so ought to be 84/85.

Been playing more recently' date=' think he has 9 games in this season (in Mexico they play 2 seasons per year, 17 games) including Libertadores. He should be an AM/F too, I think he's a M in SM at the moment.

Comparing him to a squad player for Chivas or America (Mexico's other Libertadores respresentatives) makes me think he'll get 81 at the least, possibly as much as 83.

He has played much less than Vidrio and Jimenez - they have both pretty much been regulars through this season and in Libertadores so ought to be 84/85.[/quote']

You sure about that mate? I thought he only made 5 sub appearances in the Apertura. Does he play a lot in the Libertadores? Dont think he will rise anywhere near the 80s. I might be wrong. He hasnt played in the league for a month now right?

In a hurry' date=' so apologies this might be a little abrupt.

Batista Itamar, Forward, Rated 84. Plays for Jaguares. Think he's 2nd top scorer. Signed from a Korean side, has been a revelation. Ought to rise significantly - likes of Vuoso are rated 89.

Atlas' entire squad ought to rise quite a bit. To get as far as they have in the Libertadores and to still make the playoffs with their low budget and reliance mostly on home-grown players is excellent.

Bava (Keeper) has to rise from 85, maybe to 87/88.

Valdez up to 88 (and move to MR/C)

Medina, Colotto, Marioni all up 1.

Vidrio, Jimenez, Pacheco should all rise significantly from the 70s to 83-85 (possibly 86 for Vidrio).

Jorge Torres and Jorge Hernandez have had international callups, and Ayala will play in Olympic squad. All should rise +2, Hernandez especially ought to be 87.

Puebla's entire squad seem about 1pt underrated.

America's about 1pt overrated (apart from Cabanas, he is outstanding).

Will post more later.[/quote']

Ive looked over these ratings and all I can say that they are all mostly wrong. I mean Bava to rise up 2 or 3 without playing a game would be hugely strange. Vidrio and Pacheco also havent played a game for Atlas and Jiminez ony 15 minutes in the league. However any of those guys warrant a change is upwards is nonsense. Those ratings are far too generous. You havent even mentioned Gerardo Flores, one of few whose going up. There also bottom of The mexican league so that does them no favours at all :rolleyes: Hope this has helped anyone who was gonna buy some of those guys. :)

You sure about that mate? I thought he only made 5 sub appearances in the Apertura. Does he play a lot in the Libertadores? Dont think he will rise anywhere near the 80s. I might be wrong. He hasnt played in the league for a month now right?

No, he started the game vs Necaxa on 8 May, and came on as a sub two days ago (Sunday 11 May), both in the 'Repechaje' round of the playoffs. He also played in the last couple league games. He has also played in at least 3 Libertadores games - it could be more than that, I don't know if he played in the Qualifying round that Atlas had to play in.

When you consider that Enrique Esqueda of America is 83, I think the 80s is where Pacheco belongs. He is currently Atlas' 3rd striker, now that Achucarro requires an operation. 3rd striker for a club that's in the 1/4 finals of the Libertadores. Rafael Murguia got to 80 playing the same amount of games in the Apertura, but in less important games (obviously continental games being more important).

Ive looked over these ratings and all I can say that they are all mostly wrong. I mean Bava to rise up 2 or 3 without playing a game would be hugely strange. Vidrio and Pacheco also havent played a game for Atlas and Jiminez ony 15 minutes. However any of those guys warrant a change is upwards is nonsense. Those ratings are far too generous. You havent even mentioned Gerardo Flores' date=' one of few whose going up. There also bottom of The mexican league so that does them no favours at all :rolleyes: Hope this has helped anyone who was gonna buy some of those guys. :)[/quote']

I don't know where you are getting your info from, Bava has played every game but 1!!

http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=11983&idt=134

(This website only includes Mexican league, not Libertadores)

Jimenez

http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=10023&idt=134

Vidrio

http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=14948&idt=134

Vidrio was getting some support in Guadalajara for Young player of the season!!!

I await your apology B)

I don't know where you are getting your info from' date=' Bava has played every game but 1!!

[url']http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=11983&idt=134[/url]

(This website only includes Mexican league, not Libertadores)

Jimenez

http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=10023&idt=134

Vidrio

http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=14948&idt=134

Vidrio was getting some support in Guadalajara for Young player of the season!!!

I await your apology B)

Since I prefer to read stuff in english I get my info from Guardian, here is a link to the Atlas squad. http://touchline.onthespot.co.uk/guardian/StatsCentre.asp?Lang=0&CPID=171&CTID=67&TEID=3787&pStr=Squad_Stats

Ive looked over these ratings and all I can say that they are all mostly wrong. I mean Bava to rise up 2 or 3 without playing a game would be hugely strange. Vidrio and Pacheco also havent played a game for Atlas and Jiminez ony 15 minutes. However any of those guys warrant a change is upwards is nonsense. Those ratings are far too generous. You havent even mentioned Gerardo Flores' date=' one of few whose going up. There also bottom of The mexican league so that does them no favours at all :rolleyes: Hope this has helped anyone who was gonna buy some of those guys. :)[/quote']

Kensational,

See my post a second ago regarding the ratings. But I see what you have done. You have looked at last season.

Atlas made the playoffs this season. Vidrio, Jimenez, Bava all played almost every game.

They are a large part of the turnaround in performances too (Marioni a huge part), so that is just another reason why they deserve a raise.

PS. In the Mexican league, teams go from bottom to top often. Coming bottom doesn't even get you relegated, there's a different system for that. So it's not something you can look at for one season, and then compare them to the likes of Derby or Reading.

Kensational' date='

See my post a second ago regarding the ratings. But I see what you have done. You have looked at last season.

Atlas made the playoffs this season. Vidrio, Jimenez, Bava all played almost every game.

They are a large part of the turnaround in performances too (Marioni a huge part), so that is just another reason why they deserve a raise.

PS. In the Mexican league, teams go from bottom to top often. Coming bottom doesn't even get you relegated, there's a different system for that. So it's not something you can look at for one season, and then compare them to the likes of Derby or Reading.[/quote']

If I have got it wrong, its not my fault blame Guardian Statistics, and if I have a apologise to you ;)

Since I prefer to read stuff in english I get my info from Guardian' date=' here is a link to the Atlas squad. [url']http://touchline.onthespot.co.uk/guardian/StatsCentre.asp?Lang=0&CPID=171&CTID=67&TEID=3787&pStr=Squad_Stats[/url]

That information is completely out of date.

I prefer to use the website that is basically the official one for that league!

If you cannot read spanish, use google translator!

I swear to you my stats are correct. I watched the game the other day.

Here are more links from recent Libertadores games, from the official website:

http://conmebol.com/competiciones_evento_reporte.jsp?evento=1081&ano=2008&dv=3&flt=D&id=109&slangab=S

http://conmebol.com/competiciones_evento_reporte.jsp?evento=1081&ano=2008&dv=3&flt=D&id=119&slangab=S

http://conmebol.com/competiciones_evento_reporte.jsp?evento=1081&ano=2008&dv=2&flt=3&id=53&slangab=E

http://www.conmebol.com/competiciones_evento_reporte.jsp?evento=1081&ano=2008&dv=2&flt=3&id=30&slangab=E

If I have got it wrong' date=' its not my fault blame Guardian Statistics, and if I have a apologise to you ;)[/quote']

You took the wrong stats. The Rooster is right with the stats.

Kensational, you took the Apretura stats instead of the Clasuara stats which the rating changes will be assessed on. So what The Rooster said about rating changes is correct.

If you need more information, check my thread on Mexican changes

Sorry Tom, I didn't realise you'd done a whole thread for all the teams. I typed 'Mexican' into the search and just got loads of threads on Gold Champs - I should have narrowed my search.

I would say though it might've been better to wait another couple weeks for the ratings, as there was only 2 games to go before Liguilla. Itamar for example finished the regular season with 10 goals in 16 games (out of possible 17), and still has playoffs to come.

I love the mexican league. It can be a pain trying to track down places to watch games, but it is very entertaining if you manage it - free, flowing football.

It does seem there's not a broad understanding of the Mexican system though!

I want to ask u guys about Omar ESPARZA' date='how is he doing? I mean,will his rating increase? Is he playing a lot of games? I am thinking of swapping ever banega and Omar ESPARZA. Will it be wise? I know that he is playing for national team :D[/quote']

I've only seen him play once since January, so I can't give you too much of my own opinion. Media isn't singling him out too much, so maybe 88 is about right for him just now if he isn't standing out. But then as an international he maybe has chance to rise 1.

I don't know much about Banega, so can't help you compare. I'm not even sure where he is now, did he move to Valencia?

Personally I think Ochoa might drop to 90. 91 is very high for a keeper...it's hard to judge, he hasn't been outstanding this season but the defence has been so poor in front of him that it's hard to really say he has done badly. I think it's fair to expect more of him to be 91, so I'd think he should drop 1pt.

Villaluz is a cracking player. 88 or 89 is fine for him now, but he is a very dynamic player. Reminds me of David Bentley actually.

Vuoso is a very fast player, a poacher really. He should stay 89. Yes he scores goals, 9 I think this season, but he doesn't get involved too much apart from that.

Solari I haven't seen play much, sorry. I don't know what his rating is, but looking up his stats for this season, he looks to have had a good year scoring 10 in 17. That's same as Itamar, and just short of the top-scorer, Suazo.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/jugadores/jugador.php?idj=13739&idt=134

Was quite disappointed with some of the rating increases. Hernandez did not rise at all, when he played most games he was available for (he missed games due to internationals, which should actually help his case for a rise).

Itamar scored two more in the playoffs, and I think is now joint-top scorer in the league. He only went up to 87. The others at that level are all rated 89/90.

Marioni didn't rise at all despite excellent Libertadores performances.

Also Jorge Torres changed to a LB/LM, when he actually has played more games at RB this season. He is very versatile, as are Vidrio and Robles - all 3 have played CB, LB, DM at times this season.