Transfer Thread - Summer 2008 >> UPDATED

Bobo

Hi all,

Basically what I'm after here is a list of the more popular (so if a player went from a conference club to another one it probably won't be listed - for that go on the BBC website ;) ) transfers around the globe. However, transfers can only be posted when they are confirmed, or at least supposed to be as said by the media. This can stay updated through the whole summer.

I got this idea because right now we see many threads saying 'Team X sign Player X' and like this we can have everything in one thread. This will not, however, mean that the threads which are created now are to be stopped. In fact, when mentioned on SM or even elsewhere, I will try to follow up with links (and likewise you must too when posting :) ).

Finally, please do not mention the extremely low league players, players who are retired (So: Kahn >> Retired is no good, we've got a thread for that already) or rumours. For rumours please go to the Forum Rumour Thread.

That's about it then. Let's start:

Flamini >> Milan

Borowski >> Bayern (Eurosport)

Ramage >> QPR (BBC)

Carsley >> Birmingham

Stockdale >> Fulham

Mellberg >> Juventus (Done in January)

Modric >> Tottenham

Bosingwa >> Chelsea

Jo >> Manchester City

Degen >> Liverpool

Garay >> Real Madrid

Kaka' >> Hertha Berlin

Pique >> Barcelona

Zaccardo >> Wolfsberg

Kewell >> Free Transfer

If I have left out any who you think should be mentioned and fall under the right criteria, please mention them and provide links where possible.

Remember, no rumours - just facts (obviously, if the media say someone is confirmed and it's not but you can provide links which say it's confirmed, no worries).

NOTE: The above are just a few of them. I will edit this post to add more and add links within the next half an hour.

Re: Transfer Thread - Summer 2008 >> UPDATED

Is Jo to City confirmed?

Graeme Holmes>>Dunfermline AFC

Austin McCann>>Dunfermline AFC

Steven Bell>>Dunfermline AFC :)

I can keep you updated with Scottish transfers okay Bobo ;)

I think the ones with Links are confirmed Ross, as for this thread, very good work Bobo, i will look at it everytime you update it to have a look where players are moving to.

Good work :)

EDIT: Whats with the Kaka > Hertha Berlin link? seems to not work for me :(

United in - Manucho from Panathinaikos (Loan Return)

Middlesbrough out - Rochemback to Sporting Lisbon

Barcelona out - Edmilson to Villareal http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=89679

Palermo in - Tulio De Melo from Le Mans

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_3204963,00.html

Lyon in - Ederson from OCG Nice

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29012008/58/ligue-1-ederson-set-lyon-move.html

PSV Eindhoven in - Manco from Alianza Lima

http://english.psv.nl/web/show/id=58980/contentid=22622

Bayern out - Schlaudraff to Hannover

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,3033_3456694,00.html

Ross, yes, please keep us up to date with the Scottish transfers, on as little posts as possible though. Try not to get the thread filled with 1 transfer posts. Edit posts if there aren't many.

Birmingham City, the error is not with the link mate, SM is currently having problems, both on the game and forum - that's the problem, not the link ;)

Also, on the Jo note, I'm not 100% if it's confirmed yet - thought it was, but I think I saw a piece of work saying that Everton are after him and trying to hijack the deal :eek:

Anyway, surely there are other's from around the globe? Free transfers? End of contracts? Come on, I'm sure Mellberg wasn't the only one to sign in January :D

Guest Phill

ive noticed it says on the bbc sport website that lampard is going to inter after the final tomorrow does any1 know if its true?

There are far too many SFL transfers in Scotland, so I will just do division one and the SPL and their changes. Bubba, Bobo said not to post unless the transfers are completed or basically completed, and Lampard's isnt. It is just media speculation possibly from a United contingent trying to affect Frank ahead of the CL Final tomorrow, although a meeting has been speculated.

Lee Bullen, Neil McCann, Jackie McNamara>>Falkirk

Carvalha Amauri>>Juventus

1). Where does it say this?

2). I doubt it is true mate.

Louis, I've already addressed this. No need to post about it, as all of us are going to end up spoiling Bobo's thread. Lets delete all the posts please.

On SSNews this morning, a meeting between Abramovic and the Inter chairman was believed to have been ended with a sincere handshake, which sparked off the rumours that the Russian owner has already agreed a deal which will see the Englishman leave for the San Siro.

This thread is not for rumours, his other thread is, this is for concrete transfer deals.

Louis' date=' I've already addressed this. No need to post about it, as all of us are going to end up spoiling Bobo's thread. Lets delete all the posts please.

On SSNews this morning, a meeting between Abramovic and the Inter chairman was believed to have been ended with a sincere handshake, which sparked off the rumours that the Russian owner has already agreed a deal which will see the Englishman leave for the San Siro.

This thread is not for rumours, his other thread is, this is for concrete transfer deals.[/quote']

So we are not allowed to talk about the transfers that have already been completed? :confused::(

Number one transfer rule' date=' don't even look at never mind trust Tribal Football, worst site in the world.

Edmilson hasn't officially moved anywhere at all and all that is, is a stone cold rumor![/quote']

Nasri hasn't moved anywhere at all and all that is, is a stone cold rumor!

http://www.sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/17/Prem-Liga-Edmilson-to-join-Villarreal/

So we are not allowed to talk about the transfers that have already been completed? :confused::(

But you werent, you were reacting to someones post.

Bobo said "Remember, no rumours - just facts", so thats whats to be on this thread by the looks of it, just by reading it that is. He said that this thread is for a list of the most popular transfers, but forget it, post what you want.

Nasri hasn't moved anywhere at all and all that is' date=' is a stone cold rumor!

[url']http://www.sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/17/Prem-Liga-Edmilson-to-join-Villarreal/[/url]

Oh Soz Lad B)

Yeah I was just pointing out that Tribal Football is a bag of poo, I wasn't saying you were an idiot for putting it as its a decent one that could be true..

As for Nasri, when BBC put BBC Understands...

It usually means that it is happening and a club official has spoken out about it, and thats whats happened with Nasri, its moved on from being a rumor and I can tell you it will be confirmed soon enough ;)

Ezequil Garay - R Santander >> R Mad

Ezequil Garay - R Mad >> R Santander :confused:

P. Degen - B Dortmund >> Liverpool

Alcides - PSV >> Chelsea

To Be Continued....

Btw, Lanzafame is only a co-ownership between Juventus and Palermo. I think only Juventus will have the rights to play him. Never fully understood what co-ownership means.

Ndri Romaric Le Mans > Sevilla 9 million euro

Andrea Barzaglia Palermo > Fiorentina 10 million euro.

Albert Celades Zaragoza > Getafe

Fabio Rochemback Middlesborough > Sporting Lisbon.

If the rumour about Barzaglia going to Fiorentina. I can see why Ujfalusi is being solded to Atletico, even though i dont believe a word of goal.com

If the rumour about Barzaglia going to Fiorentina. I can see why Ujfalusi is being solded to Atletico' date=' even though i dont believe a word of goal.com[/quote']

Yeah it does make sense. lol goal.com is funny sometimes with it's stupid stories, Atletico got a great deal there getting Ujfalusi on a bosman.

The news is in:

Mark Schwarzer >> Fulham

That leaves us with Keller, Niemi, Schwarzer, Warner (all over 32) and Stockdale, Batista (young ones).

To be fair, although Keller, Niemi and Schwarzer are all Premiership quality, I now hope (because I have to to reduce wages!) that Keller is not offered a neew contract because of the wages. It's cheeky, because he was part of what kept us up, but surely Keller + Niemi + Stockdale on the bench is not what it should look like ;) I reckon Warner will be sold, released, or sent out on loan, Niemi will be sold, and Keller might actually stay on. Like that it's fine imo. Send Stockdale out on loan with an option to recall too if you ask me. We're then left with Schwarzer and Keller battling it out for No. 1, with Batista 3rd, and if need be, Stockdale recalled.

Holland have a few done supposedly. This is mainly off Wiki, which i know is not the best, but they have links for them all at the bottom of the page so have been confirmed by someone. There is far more but less heard of players as-well.

Nordin Amrabat VVV-Venlo to PSV

John Heitinga Ajax to A.Madrid

Theo Janssen Vitesse to FC.Twente

Karim El Ahmadi FC.Twente to Feyenoord

Dario Cvitanich Banfield to Ajax

Gil Swerts Vitesse to AZ Alkmaar

Oluwafemi Ajilore FC.Midtjylland to FC.Groningen

Michael Silberbauer FC.Copenhagen to FC.Utrecht

Robin Nelisse FC.Utrecht to Red Bull Salzburg