Transfer Thread - Summer 2008 >> UPDATED

Bobo

Re: Transfer Thread - Summer 2008 >> UPDATED

What ever happened to posting transfers on this thread:confused:

I'm sure this is a transfer thread, not a gossip thread.

Bobo clearly states in the first post on this thread, if you want to post rumours, post it on the transfer rumours thread.

Remember, no rumours - just facts (obviously, if the media say someone is confirmed and it's not but you can provide links which say it's confirmed, no worries).

:rolleyes:

Guest Football8

Espanyol have confirmed Albert Riera is close to finalising his expected move to Liverpool. So thats basically a deal done, so thats not a rumour. :)

Guest Football8

Southend United have tied up the signing of French striker Francis Laurent on a free transfer.Laurent has agreed a one-year contract with the League One club after leaving German side FSV Mainz.

Guest Football8

I think 1 had to leave Internazionale, as Adriano returned from his loan; which meant they had Suazo, Cruz, Adriano, Crespo and Ibrahimovic, so the Suazo is the one whos gone.

I think 1 had to leave Internazionale' date=' as Adriano returned from his loan; which meant they had Suazo, Cruz, Adriano, Crespo and Ibrahimovic, so the Suazo is the one whos gone.[/quote']

and dont forget balotelli is in 1st team too and IMO has played better then suazo but i think suazo will be a good sining for benfica.

Guest Football8

and dont forget balotelli is in 1st team too and IMO has played better then suazo but i think suazo will be a good sining for benfica.

Yeh, Balotelli when up in rating on SM, so if he performs well as a substitute, then he might get some starts, then maybe a rise (sorry for talking about ratings). :)

Imbrahima Sonko deal has now actually happened. View Sky Sports News.

It was for 2 Million, not the reported 2.5M. Though the deal could rise to 2.25M due to appearences.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Baggies swoop for Olsson.

West Brom have completed the £800,000 signing of Jonas Olsson from NEC Nijmegen.

Baggies boss Tony Mowbray had admitted on Sunday that he was continuing to scour Europe for fresh faces and has proceeded to land a Swedish defender.

The lofty left-sided player has penned a two-year deal at The Hawthorns, plus a further year's option should the club wish to take it.

The fee for the former Sweden Under 21 international could rise by a further £360,000 should Olsson reach performance-related targets.

However, Mowbray would be willing pay the extra should the 25-year prove to be a hit in the Midlands.

Attitude

"I'm delighted to welcome Jonas to the club," he told the West Brom's official website. "He's got different assets to our centre-halves.

"He's a big, tall, left-sided defender who will bring physical attributes to our team due to his sheer size.

"Jonas is comfortable on the ball, can pick a pass and also has a real winner's attitude.

"He's been brought in to increase competition at centre-half and I'm looking forward to working with him and helping to develop his career in the Premier League."

Olsson becomes Mowbray's tenth signing of a busy summer as he continues to piece together a squad capable of holding their own among England's elite.

I think Tottenham Hotspur have signed Vederan Corluka.

Yep' date=' they signed him this morning.

[url']http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4078198,00.html[/url]

Not sure if this should go in here but Quaresmea is having a medical at Inter Milan.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4078105,00.html